It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"B" Class Solar Flare happening right now!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Phage, do you know how they calculate nano-Teslas into the classes?

I haven't been able to find a formula and I'm interested to see what the 1859 event, which was -1,760 nT would be classed as.

[edit on 6/7/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I will be watching. We'll see. It would be wonderful for ET life to be proven. I think the world could use a teacher right now.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Apples and oranges.

Solar flares are classed based on x-ray flux. They didn't measure x-ray flux in 1859.

Geomagnetic storms are measured by the strength of the magnetic variations. The tesla is a basic unit of magnetic strength but it is the K index (which involves some other factors) by which geomagnetic events are classed.

The geomagnetic storm probabilities are the estimated chances of at least one 3-hour K index, at the indicated level, for each of the next 3 days. Active: K = 4. Minor storm: K = 5. Major or Severe storm: K > 6.

spaceweather.com...\

It was no doubt an X class flare which resulted in a Severe geomagnetic storm.

[edit on 7/6/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Agreed that it was definitely an X class flare.

Cheers for the link.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I just found this. The K index for 1859 was literally off the scale. Way off.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The activity does seem to be waning.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

THNXX MAN

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Big time!

Hmm and people are worried about a B class flare!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Data dropout SWPC Primay GOES X-ray satellite

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Just seen on yahoo about rainy storm weather gonna hit britian, saying stuff like its from the hot weather we had and not the truth that its coursed by the solar b flare from the sun. How come they dont tell people that? people gonna think its earth wit its weather, not from outta space.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
ahhhh what a surprise the world isnt going to end.... again.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Uhm, yeah. Most of us who know anything about the sun were saying that this SPECIFIC EVENT wasn't a threat all along.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cad17d6e18c.jpg[/atsimg]

The fact is, there WAS an event. That is the significance.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This morning on the below link:

www.spaceweather.com...

SUDDEN SUNSPOT: What a difference 48 hours can make. Only two days ago the sun was blank and calm, displaying the sort of unrelenting quiet we've come to expect from the deepest solar minimum in a century. Then, with startling rapidity, sunspot 1024 burst onto the scene: movie. Unlike other recent "sun-specks", this active region is a full-fledged sunspot group with more than a dozen planet-sized dark cores, crackling with B- and C-class solar flares.

"Sunspot 1024 is putting on a spectacular show," says amateur astronomer David Tyler of Buckinghamshire UK, who caught it in mid-flare on July 5th:

"This is the best sunspot I've seen in two years," agrees Michael Buxton of Ocean Beach, California. "Here is a one-hour time lapse movie of activity in the sunspot's core. It is exciting to watch."

The magnetic polarity of sunspot 1024 identifies it as a member of new Solar Cycle 24. That makes sense. New research shows that solar jet streams are beginning to stimulate new-cycle sunspot production. Sunspot 1024 appears to be a sign of the process at work, heralding more to come. Monitoring is encouraged.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
My head really hurts.
Right in the middle of my brain..

I went to bed a good two hours early too.

I'm having a hard time focusing today. Still feel exhausted and dizzy.

Combine this energy with a monday morning, and people sure are set to be bitchy today.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Could it be the margaritas? lol

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Full moon tomorrow, I work with people every day and there is definitely a trend. Bitchy since friday.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Anywayz, brokenheadphonez, I've perused some of your threads, and you seem to know what you're talking about. You mentioned THIS SPECIFIC EVENT not being anything serious, beyond just the significance of the prediction coming true (somewhat)... So what's in store for us in the future? What does it all mean?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimm33333

Could it be the margaritas? lol

HAHA indeed there may be a slight correlation, my gut feeling says that's not it. I know what a hangover feels like. Hangover = blah.

Hangover makes you feel you're drained of energy, this feels like ... excited.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I have a pain in my forehead too, but it's because I've been staring at my computer screen too much.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayrton

Dito!!!

Last two full moons seemed to have triggered a sence of unrest and irritation with me . I told my wife a couple of days ago that you could lock me up in a room with no windows and i could still tell her when the moon was full.

It also seems to trigger some other primal urges with me but i won't bother anybody with that info. Let's just say i'm very happy to be married especially when the moon is full...

Strange indeed....

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join