It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about a (gl)itch I can't scratch...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm running IE 8 (if that makes a difference) and a glitch in my posting date stamps (and edits) has been pointed out to me...when I thought everyone was seeing the same thing.

My dates appear as '07/03/0909', for example. This is on everyone's posts, not just mine. My edits also show the strange year info, although others who edit show normally, to me.

It isn't a bother at all, but it is peculiar?

Thanks in advance.

(and I did this edit to show example...)

[edit on 7/3/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I would have checked on account settings where it reads "Date Format (mm/dd/yyyy, dd/mm/yy, etc):"
mine, for example, is set to dd/mm/yyyy (european format). If i'm correct, once another fellow member had some similar problem, and it was caused by some wrong settings there. I apologize in in advance in case i'm wrong

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
In your title you used glitch instead of itch, man that's rad.
I'm no computer stylist but I would wager the internal clock mechanism has been tampered with, possibly by obama's new cyber command in a bid to make you perpetually early for things.
Are you sure your not from the past?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Hey! internos, thanks for the quick reaction

Yeah...hadn't been to 'accounts' in so long I had to clear cobwebs just to see everything...silly me, had it as (mm/dd/yyy)...

Well all good now, AND in proper sequence, day first, then month...so I've repaired that rift in the space-time continuum after all. Whew!

Time travel is very, very dangerous...please leave it to the professionals, eh?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I set mine to "F jS Y" (without the quotes).

That gives a nicely formatted date, like "July 4th 2009", instead of confusing numbers.

See this page for a list of all the special characters you can use to make a more sophisticated date format setting.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Thank you, Ian

You're too kind!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
maybe where you are time is distorted, like somesort of gravitational time blip. that affects the date.

(someone had to say it)

new topics

top topics

join