It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New life form in sewers?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Great the spawn of the old one's in our sewers!
But seriously those are sum nasty critters. The whole thing has the feel of a horror movie waiting to happen. If we are real lucky they have come to conquer us and take our feces!!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haunebu
I hope this makes headlines in the mainstream media! I find this more interesting than that lemur that supposed to be the sensation of all times.

that baby is your ancestor. Deal with it

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

But yet, they're destroying the same thing that this thread is all about.

So why the negative post is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
and I quote:

Thanks for the video – I had not see it before. No, these are not bryozoans! They are clumps of annelid worms, almost certainly tubificids (Naididae, probably genus Tubifex). Normally these occur in soil and sediment, especially at the bottom and edges of polluted streams. In the photo they have apparently entered a pipeline somehow, and in the absence of soil they are coiling around each other. The contractions you see are the result of a single worm contracting and then stimulating all the others to do the same almost simultaneously, so it looks like a single big muscle contracting. Interesting video.

Tubifex

Tubifex worms in wild

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Is it possible it is a medical scope from within a body? Even when it pans out to the "sewer view," it looks like the walls of something inside the body.

That's my guess.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GioTheGreek

I have seen that explanation as well... it still begs the question why these have never been seen before or documented.

I admit it does hold some resemblance to the tubifex descriptions, but why is there no pictures of the "creature" in question anywhere before?

I think the Tubifex explanation is a great informed guess, but further study is most certainly needed.

Response to Kellter- It is has already been stated by the company that took these camera images it came from a 6" clay sewer pipe.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Someone needs to video when they cut it open.
We always cut things open we don't understand. Anyone know who the Sewer Company was. We should phone them and see if some local collage is dissecting it. Should post at least Pictures so we can see what our waste produced.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have seen bryozoans and they dont move. I have also seen a couple different slime molds in the plasmodium stage and they were very slow moving. The thing on this fill is pretty strange the way I see it. Good Find!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My list of what it is....

Members of the NC legislation

My ex g/f (Hi, Penny)

or something that escaped one of those labs. Sorry- them eyes dont look like 'worms'.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
source

Thanks for the video – I had not see it before. No, these are not bryozoans! They are clumps of annelid worms, almost certainly tubificids (Naididae, probably genus Tubifex). Normally these occur in soil and sediment, especially at the bottom and edges of polluted streams. In the photo they have apparently entered a pipeline somehow, and in the absence of soil they are coiling around each other. The contractions you see are the result of a single worm contracting and then stimulating all the others to do the same almost simultaneously, so it looks like a single big muscle contracting. Interesting video.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
kill it with fire
or
kill it with guns

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

When I relate this to spirituality I see this as a visible form of the cancer human beings are by consuming so much in the excess. They consume and ingest so much that the even what we crap out still has nutrients in it. I would not be surprised if these things hatched/evolved into creatures that hunt humans.

When most of us eat today we are eating for no good reason at all. Not to serve our vessel, not to serve our spirit, not to serve Earth, and definitely not to serve God or our Universe. That is why we have elimination problems, often acne, and weight gain. Weight that won't ever be used for a higher purpose then for themselves.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Everything is beautiful in it's own way...

Looks like a harmless lovable little hairless cheap to feed easy to entertain pet to me.

This is no doubt the real reason behind Billy Mays...as Seen on TV pitchmans recent tragic and unexplained death at the age of 50.

Billy you were right they would make lovely Christmas gifts.

It sure is tough to get a break in this world from big brother, even the sewers aren't safe anymore from the probing electric eye...

I feel for you brother...I feel for you...

Free Huey!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
Just noticed this video of these guys taking a shot gun to a couple of those Bryozoa

www.liveleak.com...

Got to love rednecks, "don't know what it is so I might as well shoot it, yee haw" These guys remind of my neighbors that blow away every living thing that gets in their yard.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think it is something someone ate years ago.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed. I am glad I don't have to work in the sewer and stumble upon something like this. I wonder though if the reaction is not so much a sensation to the light as a reaction to the heat of the light? I am sure those lights put off some heat and it seems to react when the light is directly on it so possibly it is reacting from the heat and not the light itself? Good find nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter
Is it possible it is a medical scope from within a body? Even when it pans out to the "sewer view," it looks like the walls of something inside the body.

That's my guess.

I can't believe everyone else hasn't really been seeing this at once.
I'm kind of dissapointed in ATS on this one, sorry.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ok, but if you try and tell me that this was shot inside MY body, I will still stand by the "Kill it with fire" statement.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by

I think one of the main reasons why that theory is wrong is simply because there is a river of water flowing through the pipe. That would not be happening with any kind of scope work on the body.

Plus, the information on the screen of the video basically says where it is along with date and time.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
After looking at the Tubifex clump video and then back at the original video from the sewer, it does look like that could be what it is. It's the right color, and it must be covered with some slimy stuff that partially conceals the individual worms. It seems to move slower than the worm video though, and the outermost strands don't wave around like the worm video, they seem to cling to the wall and crevices. Very interesting!! I worked as a certified nurse aide for a while, and the first thing that came to my mind when I watched the video from the sewer was that the color and texture of it looked a lot like a rectal prolapse, which would be so appropriate...!

[edit on 30-0620096-0909 by gwynnhwyfar]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join