It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groups on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Why dont we have groups on ATS? By groups I mean user created groups like those on Facebook or other social websites. We can then have the option of adding threads we create to groups and other users can join the groups. It will be easier to follow threads on Twitter and other sites, if they are in groups. We can then create our own groups like for example (London UFO club) and then get feeds on threads in that group on Twitter and other sites

Have the site owners thought about this? I searched but could not find this discussed on ATS before.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think you will find that most people on ATS are independent thinkers and averse to any kind of "group think" or anything to do with groups.

Besides the last thing we need here is a bunch of "forum gangs" developing.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
also, many people agree on one subject but disagree on others

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

also, many people agree on one subject but disagree on others

Just because you are in one 'group' does not mean you have to agree or disagree with everything that goes on in that group.

I am trying to say that these groups can be created by the users and that will enable that user and those folowing the group to organize threads that they feel are important to them, and then any new thread that gets added to the group, you can easily follow them, by following the group

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

well it is a neat idea

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think it's a great idea, we're essentially a group anyway, it'd be nice to be able to check off any subsets we wanted to be affiliated with.

I posted an idea a while back about "geographical flagging" so you could have items flagged for you if they were relevant to your region (I was specifically thinking of UFO sightings, but it could apply to lots of stuff).

I really like ATS, but it's soo 90s
bring it into the new millenium!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well the individual forums are like a group to me really. Also I really dont want ats to be like Facebook or myspace. I think it's great the way it is.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sarkazmon

I was thinking the same thing.
It would just add more to cliques and some herd type mentality and basic idolizing of some members that goes on here.

Anyway, the group idea just doesn't seem right for this site.

Facebook & Myspace

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sarkazmon
the last thing we need here is a bunch of "forum gangs" developing.

I've never been to Face Book or any of those other sites. I registered at Twitter but haven't been back since registering. I don't know how 'groups' work at those sites but I have to agree with Sarkazmon ... my initial thought is that it sounds like something that would cause 'forum gangs' to develop. Since I've never seen these 'groups' in action I could be wrong, but that's my initial thought on the subject.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
By means of "Groups", we have at ID "Social groups", which are in essence seperate forums on user created subject matter in a self-directed medium. Seperate from the main forums, but user-generated and managed sub-forums away from but still within the family of site forums.

I Like them. A good member perk imo.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

That would just give certainly the UK government more excuses for sticking there noses into other peoples business.

See here....

news.bbc.co.uk...

It would make ATS a social networking site in their eyes.

As far as I am aware this is not a social networking site such as Bebo or facebook.

Take that thought and throw it into the wastebasket not because its a bad thought but because we live in a word of voyeuristic perverts hell bent on world domination.

At least its something like that, it was last week until MJ died. Also might I add unfortunately and he made some good tunes on that note.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
They don't allow Forum Gangs on ATS.

2d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I think it works really well just the way it is.....the only thing I'd like to see in the future is an ATS app for the iphone....for instant uploading, messaging......

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I love the independence I experience here on this discussion board, I like that I do belong to a few different forums such as the Shortstory or FOIA docs and the rest, but being spread out there are only certain times of year I devote to each section...

I would be a bad group member, as it takes much dedication to one area to become a successful member of a group.

I love all the forums at different times...

PLease keep ATS/BTS as is, no groups.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Why there most certainly Are groups on ATS.

http://media.abovetopsecret.com/groups/

Hope this helps.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Dont we already hve groups. I know a few.

Chemtrail group
Semitism group
UFO/Alien group
911 group
Religious and non religious groups
neutral groups
sarcastic groups
mad at everything group
the laughing group

We seem to enjoy group topics on the threads we view.

I think ATS has a chat line on BTS but not sure?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I belong to both facebook and linkedin and have joined a couple of groups in each. mostly they just badger me with emails every couple of days telling me a bunch of stuff i don't care about. don't bother with it. threads on this site serve as temporary groups where we come together to discuss a certain topic as long as we have stuff to say. then we go on to something else. that is dynamic in a way those social groups are not. very cutting edge and new millenium. we've got the best opportunity to learn and discuss right here.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
There are groups. I even made a group. I dont think many people will join. But here it is.
ShadowLegion

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Why there most certainly Are groups on ATS.

Then can we have a facility of adding the threads we like to these groups?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I am all for a more powerful coordination that could be brought about by groups. TPTB have been revealed as people dissuading the coordination of the masses. That's only something they can do; in order to tighten their grasp upon sheeple. Thus they see it like it is a threat.

Isn't seeking coordination part of what ATS is about? I know in the T&C there are stipulations concerning it; however I believe all, "reasonable" coordination might be encouraged; remember the old saving our loved ones sillyness?

Whew! We finally, "grew" out of that one!

We mussent! TPTB would not like you to save your loved ones! They gotta get rid of most of them as it is!! Now be good sheeple and go lay down!

Couldn't star; but I did flag..

Thank you.

No consequencE..

[edit on 30-6-2009 by noconsequence]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join