It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seven deadly Sins Revised: More Catholic Hypocracy......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Hi ATSers,
last night I saw an amuzing program on television, which outlined yet another hypocracy, readily provided by the RCC.
Recently the Roman Catholic Church has updated the manifest of 'Deadly Sins', the new addition are listed below:

Catholic Church Adds 7 New Deadly Sins They are : (1)genetic modification; (2) human experimentations, (3) polluting the environment; (4) social injustice; (5) causing poverty; (6) financial gluttony; and (7) taking drugs. Pro Ecclesia has the details and link to the article. I suspect there shall be some controversy over this. For a refresher course the original 7 are Lust, Gluttony, Greed , Sloth, Wrath, Envy , Pride .

This is where it got interesting!
Aman in this program flew to Rome, and solicited prayer from priests whom where there.
The substance of this prayer (as not realised by the priests), was the fact that the RCC was infact in-breach of its own classification of deadly sin commital!!!
No#6, Financial Gluttony is intersting since they are an "extremely" profitable organization....please see the links that accompany this post.
Social Injustice......Really? How about all the sexual abuse.....please also see the links.

Its unbelievable that this fraternity can have free reign of acting like 'Moral' guardians, when they are obviously so hopelessly corrupt, and rotten to the core.
Please give me some rational explaination of this????

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
uhhhhhhhhhh....where in the bible does it say these things?

if its not in the bible then are they making it up?
or did god create new rules?

if he somehow did, then why werent they in place before when surely they couldn't have hurt before.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Hi Electric....
Interesting that you raised that point of it not being in the bible, so therefore made-up!
Firstly, aren't church fathers the direct agents of God

Secondly: the catholic church cannot even adhere to the 10 commandments (look at the 'Graven Images')- not only Jesus, but , the 'Cheese Sandwich' Mary character!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

It is time someone ended the Roman Catholic Church.

They are hypocites, they are sinners, and they have no right to brainwash poeple and proclaim what is right and wrong.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Like his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI will become the chief executive of a vast and valuable empire. The Catholic Church in America alone would rank right in the middle of the Fortune 500 list of companies, competing with the likes of drug giant Schering-Plough and home builder Pulte Homes.

Now they decide "financial gluttony" is a sin. Give me a break -- they mean it's a sin for everybody else to do it.

What a bunch of hypocrites

Maybe they can spiff up their image by electing Ted Haggard as pope when Ratzinger dies.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Excellent thread, its still early for the deeply religiuos to plague the thread so I will be frank and then scarper.

Religion is a tool to create the masses and hide behind you know that I know that and many people on this earth know it. I am an atheist and a proud one, am I going to hell....Heck of course not, because its a made up mythical place used to instill fear, and with fear 'they' are in the driving seat

Catholics are the worst, I love it when religious members start spouting about god, but when you list the atrocites that the catholic church carried out against the people that didn't agree with their teachings, suddenly all is quiet.

The new film Angels and Demons with Tom Hanks puts the catholics in bad light and about time to I reckon.

What is religion? - Ideas manufactured by beliefs of a higher power nothing more nothing less.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

HEY, I posted the seven deadly sins originally.

So what are you doing stealing it?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Excellent thread, its still early for the deeply religiuos to plague the thread so I will be frank and then scarper.

lol

Religion is a tool to create the masses and hide behind you know that I know that and many people on this earth know it. I am an atheist and a proud one, am I going to hell....Heck of course not, because its a made up mythical place used to instill fear, and with fear 'they' are in the driving seat

Agreed. It's sad that it works so well, too. It works well enough for the politicians to "steal" this little insight into human behavior, and use it against the American public

Catholics are the worst, I love it when religious members start spouting about god, but when you list the atrocites that the catholic church carried out against the people that didn't agree with their teachings, suddenly all is quiet.

I went to catholic school from kindergarten through highschool -- and the one thing they never mentioned was the church's historical atrocities. It's understandable that they wouldn't, but I think it's a lesson worth learning, because as they say "those who do not learn the past are doomed to repeat it."

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

If you read carefully, these are a recent expansion on the original 7 deadly sins....and are therefore called the 7 'new' deadly sins!
I am not really sure what your thread was; if it was exactly the same topic I do appologise.
Look around the forum. It is indeed possible to have more than one thread on a subject, for example.....Swine Flu (how many threads can we have on that?).
Essentially, I want to know, Do you own this information?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
OLD NEWS

Thread here

And it wasn't the VATICAN that put this out. THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL.

It is a priest who is in charge of Confession in Rome. He wants more people going to Confession so he put these out as a reminder of other things that we do that aren't right.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
It is time someone ended the Roman Catholic Church. They are hypocites, they are sinners, and they have no right to brainwash poeple and proclaim what is right and wrong.

Matthew 16:18 ... Jesus gives them that right. It is the job of the Catholic Church to tell it's flock what it believes to be right and wrong. They are doing their job.

You don't like it??? Then ... Don't be Catholic.

I can see that this OLD NEWS is being portrayed as something that it's not ... and it's just being used as an excuse for another 'bash the Catholic faith' thread. A waste of bandwidth IMHO.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777[/

Yes, I posted the seven deadly sins, but who cares - I don't.

no problem.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ahhh.....If only you were a moderator, then you may have half a chance of censoring what people want to say.
I do concur , now that you've pointed it out- that the thread you sited is indeed similar- yet not the same.
Unfortunately the link to the story no longer works on his OP.
AT any rate there are plenty of posted comments exactly with the predictable biblic quotes that really go nowhere, as your own.
Do you have an opinion on anything, that you dont try and justify with bible quotations?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by spellbound
It is time someone ended the Roman Catholic Church. They are hypocites, they are sinners, and they have no right to brainwash poeple and proclaim what is right and wrong.

Matthew 16:18 ... Jesus gives them that right. It is the job of the Catholic Church to tell it's flock what it believes to be right and wrong. They are doing their job.

You don't like it??? Then ... Don't be Catholic.

I can see that this OLD NEWS is being portrayed as something that it's not ... and it's just being used as an excuse for another 'bash the Catholic faith' thread. A waste of bandwidth IMHO.

This is a lie. The church Jesus is talking about is not physical at all. He uses the rock to describe things which are built on wisdom, and sand for those that are not.

Try putting the verses in context please.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Tell me, how did Peter die?

The church is built out of understanding and wisdom and it is within. The kingdom of heaven is within, and so the keys to heaven are also within. As this church is built upon understanding and wisdom, it is both present on earth and in heaven, and what is gained and lost happens in both.

As it is within rather than the physical, no man can take it from you.

All that is being done is the catholic church is a replacement for it. No different than the pharisees sitting in the seat of moses. And of course this has happened because they killed anyone who didn't go along, which is prophecy fulfilled. True followers of Jesus have been killed over and over by the church. Jesus says those who believe will be hated and persecuted until the end, and your religion is one of the, if not the most powerful religion and belief systems on the planet.

You say he gave the church that power in that verse, but conveniently ignore the fact he said there is only 1 true teacher.

The only thing the catholic church and those churches based on it can expect to hear is Matthew 7. I know you not.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

And yet, according to you the Catholic Church has the power to do whatever it wants to do.

It's a Satanic Cult that got it's power through death and destruction while killing and torturing everyone who didn't go along.

Your post only goes to show just who they follow and serve, doctrines of men.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Name one religious denomination that hasn't committed atrocities? Anything man-made has imperfections and there is no denying it. We are not perfect, although, some may disagree; but that is reality. Remember folks, ever since man walked out of the slime; there has been dark forces at work. These dark forces have influenced religion, government, academia, science, and other facets of the the human experiment. In terms of the church, it has skeletons in it's closet: the crusades, the inquisition, conquest of the new world, and others.

However, I find it disheartening all the Catholic bashers out there. These holier- than-thou types fail to look at all religions or any man-made institution in general. To me, any religion is like having a middle-man in terms of your relationship with the Almighty. If one needs spiritual guidance they can choose a church, but if one feels they can get salvation on their own accord by studying scripture; even better. No one forces any one to follow a certain religion and to just single out one denomination is ridiculous.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Is there a Direct webpage, or information on this topic? i would like to research into it further.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Ah another religion telling me how my beliefs and life are flawed and that I am unworthy according to them. However, they cannot accept criticism from me. Religion, what a bunch of nonsensical fantasy driven crap. No surprise here.

I think I'll go harass some Mormons this weekend. They have tried to force their beliefs down my throat and condemned me for my beliefs. A little justice feels appropriate. A little dose of their own damn medicine.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by chris3340

Hi chris,
simply try the links in the OP, or alternatively Google: New Seven Deadly Sins.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I don't disagree with you exactly. But I am just looking at their fruits/actions to decide what is real and what is not. When you label a belief system such as Catholic or whatever, then you are subscribing to that belief system. And so it is the belief system itself which is under scrutiny, as it is what teaches people such things. Again, based on it's fruits/actions and what it teaches.

I'm relatively sure individual people are individual people, so I know I am certainly not trying to attack individuals in this. Flyers Fan for example didn't go around killing people for their beliefs as far as I can tell, so it wouldn't be fair to hold them to such things etc. However, as they describe themselves as Catholic and so forth, then they are identifying their beliefs and so forth as that, and then that becomes under fire.

And that is hardly a Catholic only thing. That history is true of all religions in 1 form or another, and many of the things Catholics did/believe are a part of other denominations and so forth.

I usually give Catholics the benefit of the doubt on many things that get brought up. If there is any doubt at all, I would rather let it slide than falsely accuse. But some things we know for a fact are true; crusades, inquisitions, doctrines that go against the words of Jesus etc.

I don't know if you were talking to me or not, but just in case I want to clear that up. I deeply dislike religions as a whole, as they teach acceptance over understanding. But it is most certainly separate than the individual people, and it wouldn't be fair to put them on trial for the actions of the past. But we can't deny the past either.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Hi Bad,

I don't disagree with you exactly. But I am just looking at their fruits/actions to decide what is real and what is not. When you label a belief system such as Catholic or whatever, then you are subscribing to that belief system. And so it is the belief system itself which is under scrutiny, as it is what teaches people such things. Again, based on it's fruits/actions and what it teaches.

For me its of the utmost hypocracy to stand in an Ivory Tower, and then tell the minions that it is wrong (Sin) to have excessive wealth; and then within the same breathe pass around the collection plate or demand that individual members of a congregation pay 10% of their wage earnings as Tithe.
These pigs are stinking drunk, intoxicated with power and wealth; and use morals and empathy to consume and extort their own congregations.
Not only that; distort the followers views so much they become a willing zombie, frothing at the mouth to downplay anything said, that opposes there twisted cause or point of view. Burn them
(as they've done to many innocents in the past)

top topics

join