It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
Ahmedinijad was leading in the polls prior the elections, and all indicators are that he won a significant majority - so why are the people protesting ?

Well over 60% of total US expenditure is on domestic and foriegn propaganda aimed at regime change - the name of this is CIA.

You have huge protests supporting Ahmadinijad - where is the coverage of this ?

I can not believe what I am watching, I can not believe that people are falling for the same trick again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again - when will you wake up!?

I'm glad you said this m8... this is the way I see this. Its a western backed attempt at a coup.

Our msm which is controlled by zionists want rid of the current regime.

We are watching regime change ordered by Israel.... and frankly I'm amazed that folk even on ats are falling for it.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

However, if you can provide proof to back-up your claim that the Twitter messages are originating from the CIA, then I will change my mind.

You should research slightly further, you will not be handed that information. Those who know, know, those who don't, speculate.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted but The Guardian Online is posting live updates on iran on this site:

BBC News correspondent was asked to leave the country less than an hour ago.

The page is refreshed every minute:

Guardian Iranian Protest live Updates

Marker

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

thats actually wrong.
Ahmadinejad was leading in the rural area's, in the area's where people are poor and have no education.
many a time he's been out in that area and put on a show for the camera's.

but in the election, in the final hours he was infact losing by quite a margin.
and the reason people are screaming foul so loudly, is because he seemingly did an 11th hour turn around of major proportions.

according to the government, they managed to count some 40,million votes this quickly.

this election was a SHAM. It has nothing to do with the CIA, America, Mossad or what not.

The ayatollah wants Ahmadinejad in power, because he's willing to face up to the west.

its that simple!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Irregardless now of what "foreign influences" or whatever you people may think, the fact is that hundreds of thousands of Iranians are in it now. There's been hundreds killed, home invasions by basij, and a general nightmare for the Iranian people. We need to support the Iranian people and hope for peace for them.

Personally I'm running a Tor server and working with Iranian people to try to get their videos and info out without their being caught. Crazy # is going down right now for the Iranian people and I don't see or understand how anyone could doubt them or not want to support their struggle.

This is an excellent website
iran.whyweprotest.net...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Oh it's been a pleasure reading all your post again..But really think for one second. With an economy about to collapse, a religious dictator and a puppet president spitting out one of the worst, evil, fear mongering things, being the most unpopular president in decades [abroad] on collision course with the US and Israel..And with a highly educated and large youth cohorte..Do you really think these protests in the cities are staged?[for the president is slightly more popular in the rural areas]
I dont think so, but if intelligence can help the protest and help them to topple the regime it would be really stupid if they don't..
After all this is much better then an exchange of missiles tipped or not..
This is what we have been waiting for....

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Youd think so wouldnt you,
but what stood out to me is the total silence by Obama, Brown and the Israeli's over the matter.

They arent helping, they arent reporting it properly...

The Americans and Israeli's are leaving the Iranians to the mercy of the government, they same way they did the Iraqi's in the early 90's.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Misinformation, cannot be confirmed. Sorry

[edit on 21-6-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The big fight against Islamic conservatism is gaining momentum.

In Pakistan, people is now fighting against the Taliban.

SLAMABAD (AP) — A citizens' militia trying to drive out the Taliban killed seven militants in a two-hour clash in Pakistan's troubled northwest, police said Sunday, as the president claimed the entire country backs the battle against the extremists.

Ejaz Ahmed, police chief in the Upper Dir region, said another militant was wounded in the fighting late Saturday night near the village of Patrak, about four miles (seven kilometers) east of Dir Khas, the region's main town and district headquarters.

Several civilian militias, known as lashkars, have emerged in Upper Dir since a suicide bombing on a mosque two weeks ago that was blamed on the Taliban killed at least 33 people. The militias carry out patrols and have been pursuing remnants of Taliban who had tried to expand their influence into the area.

www.google.com...

The present revolution in Iran has the same goal - dethroning the tyrants.

The idea of consumers economy, now in trouble, is fighting for new markets (souls).

China has already become consumers society, now only some hard core conservative Middle East countries, like Iran, are resisting this idea.

Soon, the Saudi Arabia will also have to face the "uprising" of this Idea.

This is not just Iranian thing.

This is probably the start of a huge civil war in Iran and surrounding countries. Islam will be completely removed from politics, at least in that region.

Other Muslim countries, like Malaysia or Indonesia, have already found more proper approach to the world's economy as it is at present day.

On the other hand, the supporters of sharia law system are at offensive in European countries, especially in Britain and France. Isn't it obvious what this all is about?

This is a kind of a semi-Third World War situation.

China and Russia will pretend to support the regime in Tehran, but I'm pretty sure they are only interested in opportunistic gains (like always).

The "supreme leaders" will go down, that is certain.

After that, it's gonna be a mess like everywhere else... with Banksters as only "supreme leaders" left to be dethroned.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

(
Bug'r

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The amount of misinformation coming of Iran is staggering. For the last few days I've been on Iranian blogs, forums, and doing what I can for the Iranian people behind this struggle. I've never seen anything like this before. These people know they'll probably be jailed or died (one Iranian woman was talking about how she was going to listen to her favorite music and go to a hair dresser before she went to the protests where she thought she'd be killed) and yet they keep going. But back to my original point, scouring though all the info and chaos of this on the net, it's been crazy to find real info. Also it's been crazy because there's actually Iranian disinfo agents threatening the Iranian people on the net and spreading all kinds of crazy info. This has just been amazing to watch. I really wish I could help more.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rewey

Originally posted by tempest501

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Rewey

Iran is no Paradise I think their people are tired of the BS and I pray they are safe.

I think there is no one that can deny that statement is true.

I think it's a statement in many parts...

Iran is no paradise - that's for sure. Although there have been many positive changes over the past few decades, things like insisting women wear traditional clothing is getting more strict. Go to Iran in the 70s and women wore western clothes everywhere in public. But that's not to say it's all bad.

Tired of all the BS? When will Americans get tired of all the BS? Seriously, I admire the Iranian people because when they smelt a fraud, they actually got organised, and are trying to do something about it. When Bush did the same in his first term, everyone got upset, but nobody did anything about it. Michael Moore made a doco about it, but just to make another million or so dollars. Heck, the fact that his doco has been played on Fox, which is one of the stations he blames with making the initial false reports, should be ironic enough that people will slap their foreheads in disbelief!

Pray that they are safe - absolutely. This is part of why I think the west needs to keep the military out, and keep Israel on a leash. 1 million dead Iraqi's are enough justification for my thoughts here. If you don't agree, that's fine. But for me, it's enough.

Looks - let's think about it for a minute. For decades the world was terrified at the thought of India and Pakistan owning nuclear weapons. But what has happened since? Absolutely nothing. The situation in Mumbai had nothing to do with that - that was aimed at western society.

So even if Iran WAS trying to make a nuke, why would the situation be any different? What we DON'T need is the western media trying to justify 'preliminary' strikes on Iran, and dehumanising the political situation there to encourage public support for action...

Rew

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Rewey]

I couldn't agree more, what saddens me is that everyone is falling for the propaganda hook, line, and sinker. Everyone should get a rationale here, of course the Iranian government has its own propaganda (which government doesn't) but when an agency from a foreign, more prominent, and superpower country openly admits that one of its "goals" was to destabilise Iran, admit to doing it in the past, it is simply arrogant to suggest they have no involvement, in fact when you have their word for it, at that point it's simply denial. CIA, get your ass our of Iran and try to fix America, instead of spending tax-payer dollars to destabilise other countries.

I have several friends in Iran, and they all agree that there are equal support of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as there are these unruly, and indoctrinated youths protesting. If this is the case, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the legitimate president and the youth, the Western-indoctrinated youth, are the only ones enticing chaos and violence. Now that BBC has been caught red handed, I think its safe to say this is all Western propaganda. This is just how the drum roll with Iraq went, same as how they lied about the Russia-Georgia situation, same way they hyped up Obama, and same way they're going to paint Iran as evil. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I thought I read a thread a few days ago along the lines of Iran starting to stop selling oil in USD.... sounds peculiarly familiar....hmmm. Wake up and smell the coffee, Kissigner wants a "regime change", as if Iran is his child. This piece of # needs to rot in hell. Also, if you Americans think controlling Iran's oil like Iraq is going to benefit your economy, its not...your oil don't even benefit your economy. The Bankers receive all of your moola.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The U.S. is doing the right thing by sitting this out. The regime is HOPING we take a stand and/or intervene. They can then apply the "foreign terrorist" moniker to the dissidents and the safeties will really come off. All to make a point and to crack down. As it stands right now the protests are viewed as homegrown and have legitimacy. We step in or open our mouths that all changes.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It's getting really rough over there, this is like China in 1989 Tinamin square.

It's either going to be like China or Romania, in it's outcome now, to many injured and dead.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisYah

I think its safe to say this is all Western propaganda

There's one big difference my friend.

All the news the world is hearing is coming FROM THE IRANIAN PEOPLE
Not the media.
The media are being quiet and not showing to much.

This is nothing like Iraq or Georgia, nothing.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Nice of you to speak for all Iranians. I'm sure the streets filled with protesters standing up to the Iranian police and authorities and being murdered and dragged off in the middle of the night is all western propaganda. All the pictures and videos of atrocities, all western propaganda. All the election fraud and out of whack things that have gone on surrounding the election, western propaganda. Yeah, I'm sure this all just a massive delusion and not a body of people fed up with a tyrannical religious extremist government.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Join the cyberrevolution against the regime.

Guys use this link for info how you can help overload the iran governments propaganda sites: its very easy and does not require any special software, just a browser window..

[link removed]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Shades1035]

[mod note]

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post ... any kind of solicitation for political action ... of any kind.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

I think its safe to say this is all Western propaganda

There's one big difference my friend.

All the news the world is hearing is coming FROM THE IRANIAN PEOPLE
Not the media.
The media are being quiet and not showing to much.

This is nothing like Iraq or Georgia, nothing.

*Correction: ONE faction of the Iranian people, the unruly, wannabe American indoctrinated youth. They do not speak for all of the Iranians and the massive support for the current, and legitimate government of Iran. If they want to watch American Idol and spend all of their days on Twitter nobody is stopping that, they DO have that freedom, but trying to disrupt a whole nation and crying foul is just asking for attention and making a scene, all CIA-ignited wouldn't be a big wonder at all. This disruption was probably planted from a seed, by the attempts and re-attempts of the CIA. Don't tell me they don't have involvement when they testify themselves. There's two sides of EVERY story and of course some Iranians want another government, but you can't always get what you want. If they want to continue this ridiculous charade sponsored by the CIA then so be it, its pathetic and many Iranians agree. Once again, they DO not represent Iran, the large Iran where these protesters are only a small fraction zoomed upon and sensationalised by Western media. Don't judge what the Iranian government is doing to bring order to their land either, America would probably already have their military through the streets if this was the case over there. This is why Americans and the British alike can't muster a pair to dismantle their own dictatorship, and you're pretty naive if you don't think it exists. You're royally owned by the Zionists lobby and bankers. This is the truth, and IT WILL hurt some people.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
The amount of misinformation coming of Iran is staggering. For the last few days I've been on Iranian blogs, forums, and doing what I can for the Iranian people behind this struggle. I've never seen anything like this before. These people know they'll probably be jailed or died (one Iranian woman was talking about how she was going to listen to her favorite music and go to a hair dresser before she went to the protests where she thought she'd be killed) and yet they keep going. But back to my original point, scouring though all the info and chaos of this on the net, it's been crazy to find real info. Also it's been crazy because there's actually Iranian disinfo agents threatening the Iranian people on the net and spreading all kinds of crazy info. This has just been amazing to watch. I really wish I could help more.

This is very disputable.

What "information" you deem real?

Personal information, which now prevails, is the real information, it is not misinformation. In my eyes this kind of information is much more valuable than an attempt to asses the whole situation by abstracting individuals into a massive actor with a clearly defined direction. Their direction is very personal and is inwards more than outwards.

What will history say - is that the "objective" information you are expecting?
That will come later, after all this personal experience is buried deep into people's oblivion.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

What? What is disreputable about what I said? What are you talking about? All I said is that the way the info is coming out from Iran is crazy and that there's Iranian disinfo agents in the clear on a lot of these sources threatening death and violence and saying all the news is fake. I have no idea what the # you're talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join