It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Twitters say Basij are marking doors (for demolition or attack?) and telling each other to erase the marks with gasoline.

Injured protesters were being attacked by Basij at hospitals so they fled to embassies.

NOW the embassies are surrounded by Basij.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501

I def think there has been some stirring at least, I mean on the BBC they did an article about protest and used a Photo from a rally supporting the elected.

I'm not going to make excuses but have you thought of the possibility of it being just a stupid mistake on someones part when they needed a stock image for the article?

It happens all the time.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So by your logic You're saying the Iranians are too stupid or feeble minded to know what they want right? Am I understanding you correctly here? Because In 1979 those very same people made a very similar choice now they are changing their minds.

check what happened in the 1917 revolution , how the Rockefellers, jewish financiers and geramn govt overthrew the tsar by sending trotsky and lenin to Russia .

trotsky and lenin weren't even popular , but they forcibly grabbed power thanks to funding by western international finanicers

it proved how easily people can be manipulated

stupid or feeble minded to know what they want right?

yep, the urbanized westernized immature youth can be said so . they are just a minority and they make max noise

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I've heard it said many times that a nation won't embrace democracy until they've had to fight for it themselves. That's why some people say it will never take off in Iraq - if you just muscle in and fight their war for them, it won't be a lasting-type of democracy.

Besides, why would the west get involved here? Did Iran send military aid when Bush stole his seat in the Whitehouse in his first term? Why is it OK for the US to allow electoral fraud and nepotism, but not other countries, without the US sending in the military?

Besides, with the way this has been covered in many MSM sources (I'm thinking of the BBC and their use of pro-Ahmedinejad rallies to show public rioting), I'd be very surprised if the OP's claims that people were going into houses killing people were ever substantiated. Seems like exactly the sort of out-of-scale dramatism people try and get into the media simply to build a false public perception of what's really going on over there...

Give it a month - things will calm down, and the media can go on convincing people that Iran is the greatest world evil over and over again...

Rew

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by tempest501

I def think there has been some stirring at least, I mean on the BBC they did an article about protest and used a Photo from a rally supporting the elected.

I'm not going to make excuses but have you thought of the possibility of it being just a stupid mistake on someones part when they needed a stock image for the article?

It happens all the time.

BS, its a common method used by western media for demonising others, like using rumours , false images etc.

western media has no credibleity . whatsoever

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I don't buy that it was a mistake - not at all. For one of the photos, they actually cropped Ahmedinijad himself out of the picture. He was standing on the balcony waving or saluting to the people, and they cropped him off to keep just a photo of a large crowd. That's not a mistake by any means. That's simply fraud as far as I'm concerned. Manufactured news. What else would you expect in western media when a Muslim nation is making headlines, though...

Rew

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kombatt98

Hey thanks for the second grade level history lesson on Marxist/Lennonism. But what does that have to do with people fighting and dying in Iran?

Nothing.

Take that foil hat off for a bit I think it may be a little too tight it seems to be cutting off the circulation.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Fair enough and this only happens in the western media?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Hey thanks for the second grade level history lesson on Marxist/Lennonism. But what does that have to with people fighting and dying in Iran?

Nothing.

Take that foil hat off for a bit I think it may be a little too tight it seems to be cutting off the circulation.

hey, sheeple , stop living in la la land and stop regurigating western propaganda BS

as for yep, the urbanized westernized immature youth , they make max noise , send them to USA , if you care so much about such foolish minority , hell deport them to USA , where they can have 'democracy' and can suck the welfare system dry(which promotes laziness)

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Kombatt98]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Fair enough thanks for your opinion.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Its def possible, but they should be a bit more professional if thats the case. But lets be honest the MSM is not really trustworthy at all these days. So i think its unlikely.

I will say one thing though, The Iranians there are not feeble minded and I think underneath it all they are fighting for what they believe in. ON that I whole heartdly agree. I just think there my have been some button pushing going on as well to help them along in there train of thought thats all.

Lets just hope not to many people have to die in the process of them standing up for what they believe in.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by tempest501]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Western media has just as much credibility as any other news source. Think about things this way, who really takes that much time to get into the news biz and doesn't have an opinion?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kombatt98

hey, sheeple , stop living in la la land and stop regurigating western propaganda BS

as for yep, the urbanized westernized immature youth , they make max noise , send them to USA , if you care so much about such foolish minority , hell deport them to USA , where they can have 'democracy' and can suck the welfare system dry(which promotes laziness)

OK...

Now you just demonstrated your ignorance we in the USA already have over 418,000 Iranians living here and they are a very productive part of society. So please stop embarrassing yourself.

Is that the best you can come up with? Seriously? Those immature youths as you called them are very similar to the ones who over threw the Shaw in 1979. Now they are the Government in time these youths will be the Government.

So your best response is to deport the people who challenge TPTB instead of dealing with their issues or what caused these problems in the first place.

Stop thinking short term.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Of course not. It's just that as an avid follower of middle eastern politics for a number of years now, it's pretty depressing to see the continual demonisation of a country or entire race of people. I get frustrated with the MSM which believe that most people aren't smart enough to work things out for themselves. Maybe it's true to some extent, but frustrating! I'm sure from time to time there are valid oversights when using things like stock footage, but definitely not in this case. It's also somewhat coincidental that the 'oversights' are usually portraying somethings as 'extreme' or 'gound-breaking news'. I wonder how many times western media 'accidentally' suggest something good is happening over there? How many times have you heard that Iran is the world leader in stem-cell research (which is true)? None, because that makes them seem quite contemporary and concerned with human welfare or health...

I'm going to question what's really happening over there until I see some more reliable sources. All I've got so far is the OP making a bunch of huge claims at the start of this thread, saying tanks are rolling in, people are having their doors kicked down and being executed. Just from following the politics over there for so long, I find this very unusual or extreme for Iran. It's not the Satan of the earth that western media would have us believe...

Rew

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Agreed.

What I find rather retarded is the automatic finger pointing towards others when the very cause of their problems are at their feet. Pointing the finger at somebody else for their own problems is a sure sign of weakness and paranoia.

Iran is no Paradise I think their people are tired of the BS and I pray they are safe.

Yes only time will tell what will happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Agreed - now if only you and I could figure out what the hell Komatt98 is on about???

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Outrage! Obama Cuts Funding to Democracy Protesters In Iran!

Newsmax has learned that the Obama administration also has zeroed out funding for pro-democracy programs inside Iran from the State Department budget for fiscal 2010, just as protests in Iran are ramping up.

Funding for pro-democracy programs began in 2004, when Congress earmarked $1.5 million of the State Department budget for “educational, humanitarian, and non-governmental organizations and individuals inside Iran to support the advancement of democracy and human rights in Iran.”

The funding ramped up dramatically two years later, when Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice requested $75 million for pro-democracy programs. More than half of the $66.1 million Congress finally appropriated went to expand U.S. government-funded Persian language broadcasting services at Voice of America and Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.

But no money has been earmarked for such programs in the administration’s fiscal 2010 foreign operations budget request. Congressional sources told Newsmax they doubted that a Democrat-controlled Congress would add it when the budget comes before a committee next week.

Controversy has surrounded the programs from the start, with pro-regime lobbying groups, such as the National Iranian-American Council urging the State Department to cancel the funding.

I wonder how Iranians in America who protested today feel about this.

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Rewey

Iran is no Paradise I think their people are tired of the BS and I pray they are safe.

I think there is no one that can deny that statement is true.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kombatt98

ten of thousands of pro-admadinjad protesters met valli-asr aquare

Tens of thousands of Iranians on Tuesday gathered in a central Tehran square, in an apparent show of support for re-elected President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The supporters met at Valli-Asr Square, but the Iranian president was not among them as he is on a visit to Russia to take part in the Shanghai Cooperation Council summit.
www.albawaba.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

BBC Caught In Mass Public Deception With Iran Propaganda
The BBC has again been caught engaging in mass public deception by using photographs of pro-Ahmadinejad rallies in Iran and claiming they represent anti-government protests in favor of Hossein Mousavi.

An image used by the L.A. Times on the front page of its website Tuesday showed Iranian President Ahmadinejad waving to a crowd of supporters at a public event.

In a story covering the election protests yesterday, the BBC News website used a closer shot of the same scene, but with Ahmadinejad cut out of the frame. The caption under the photograph read, 'Supporters of Mir Hossein Mousavi again defied a ban on protests'.

The BBC photograph is clearly a similar shot of the same pro-Ahmadinejad rally featured in the L.A. Times image, yet the caption erroneously claims it represents anti-Ahmadinejad protesters.

www.propagandamatrix.com...

Come on!! It doesn't change the fact that 3 million opposition protested vs 20,000 Ahmadinejad supporters, and its likely the BBC just made a mistake. I mean wow, they made a mistake with a photo, what a shock! They just made a silly mistake and used a stock photo that was incorrect. It happens all the time! You see this in sports pages in newspapers for lower league football teams, often the incorrect player or name is shown.

If you think this means anything you're just over-reacting or suffering from paranoia. Funnily enough just like the regime! And make sure the propagandamatrix website isn't just making up this story first as well.

If anything I would say the BBC has unwittingly favored the regime by reporting on what Ahmadinejad and Khaminei have to keep lying about, and thus spreading regime propaganda. I mean come on, the regime is hardly in a position to accuse anyone of propaganda. Have you read any news from presstv and other state controlled news media, every single line is absolute bol*ocks!!!

[edit on 21-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
No, you need to think about it - it's no 'mistake' to deliberately crop out the president of the country who is apparently the one behind all the unrest. Look, I know that using stock images might create the odd blunder from time to time, but this is simply fraud.

You might see it differently, and that's fine, but I just can't see it as an honest 'slip up'...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join