It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ayatollah: Death to the treacherous UK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that now that Iran has declared the UK as the worst of the worst of governments -- suddenly everyone is outraged and declaring:

"Bomb Iran now!"
"How dare they"
"If we didn't take over centuries ago, someone else would have..."

If I'm not mistaken, Iran has been declaring the U.S. as the worst for years now and the comments were: "Well, they are...", "That's what you get when you meddle in everyone's business..."

Why is it suddenly so outrageous that Iran would attack the UK, but to verbally assault the United States for decades is completely acceptable?

Take about a double-standard.

When is everyone going to realize that when it comes to Iran, we are ALL in the same boat?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Has anyone else noticed that now that Iran has declared the UK as the worst of the worst of governments -- suddenly everyone is outraged and declaring:

"Bomb Iran now!"
"How dare they"

If I'm not mistaken, Iran has been declaring the U.S. as the worst for years now and the comments were: "Well, they are...", "That's what you get when you meddle in everyone's business..."

Why is it suddenly so outrageous that Iran would attack the UK, but to verbally assault the United States for decades is completely acceptable?

When is everyone going to realize that when it comes to Iran, we are ALL in the same boat?

I agree. It doesn't matter which country in the free world Iran is saying death to. I for one, think it's an insult to all, and it shows the vicious Islamic regime for what they really are - psychopathic thugs.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Why would they say death to UK, and the US. I know they hate Israel. They are holding up signs in English sayinng "Where's my vote" We cant win for losing. Do they expect us to go in and overthrow the government. The US would love to do that but many innocent lives would be lost.

I dont think we need to worry much about Iran for long. I'm expecting a one day war with Israel they will wipe Iran out, in a day. Sad but prophesized.

What do they have against the UK?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Hi WW, yes you make very valid points, wow can you believe what we are witnessing? It's all very surreal to me. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
They know the anglo american empire is the one who is meddling in there country.

Why did the bbc lose its serivice?

They know americans and british are alot to do with this. All they have to do is to monitor the west and see who is worst.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Does anyone know what the gun/weapons laws are in Iran? Are citizens allowed to own guns and ammo there?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Ermm..
is it possible that can be translated into English?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
people dont realize the truth...Ayatollah is just another pawn in this big game!He dont even look persian..probably a agent or something.How can a religious leader wish death to people??Being Muslim myself thats not right..these people are very very evil!!pitty on the iranian people because the use em and abuse em.wake up!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

I can't agree more! Everybody seems to say that chanting "Death to the U.S." is perfectly acceptable, but to attack another country...whoa! Hold on!

At least by Iran going after the UK this time, maybe it will bring to light the serious threat that Iran poses to the WORLD, and that it's not, and shouldn't be, a United States problem.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
brainwashing, isolation, and cult mentality, blupblup,

WOW, what will it take to break free, and why do some seem immune?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Werent the yanks not fighting the red coats not so long ago ?

There was a time we Dutch ruled the seven seas.. and kicked Brittish ass!

LOL!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDutch

LOL!

Yes, see, everthing runs in cycles.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The religious fundamentalists in Iran and other Muslim
countries have a different mind set to the rest of the world.
In May this year a man was stoned to death for adultry in
Iran watched by a large crowd of people.
They will protect their religion and its power over people
above all else. That is why they are warning that the "few
elements" controlled by foreigners who are inciting people
will be executed under Islamic law.

Imo they have chosen to call the UK evil because they do
not want to do anything to upset the fragile dialouge they have
with Obama. This is the rantings of a religious mad man, we
have little to fear.

I know plenty of Iranians here in the UK they are fine people
as are most of those in Iran.
Democracy will come to Iran, it will take time and has to be left
to the Iranians .

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
This is scary stuff.
Listening to those chants made me realize (again) just how we're thought of by many countries of the world.
The crowd were completely immersed in this and it kind of reminded me of some of Hitler's speeches and the crowd reactions.
I wonder where all this is heading, with ever increasing tensions between Iran and the UK,USA and Israel.... is it only a matter of time before military action is used?

www.metro.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.sky.com

Well the thing is that most Persians actually believe that Kohameni is the root cause of their problems...

These state sanctioned demonstrations mean nothing and do not represent what the majority feel.

Remember the "Ahmedinijad rally"... completely staged....

It's as if the Ayatolla is trying to regain control of his failed state...

Most Iranians don't hate Americans or Jews.... it's small minority of the government... and that's it...

[edit on 19-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDutch

LOL!
What other countries in the world speak dutch?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

"Bomb Iran now!"
"How dare they"

1. I said "Bomb Iran!" and it was a joke.
2. Yes, it's quite unacceptable to call people evil. Gordon Brown is, but that isn't for the Iranians to say, especially when they live in a theocracy run by a backwards, aggressive, dark-ages religion.
3. Yes, so what? Do you want to speak French? Because if it wasn't for the British Empire, you undoubtedly would.

Originally posted by lpowell0627If I'm not mistaken, Iran has been declaring the U.S. as the worst for years now and the comments were: "Well, they are...", "That's what you get when you meddle in everyone's business..."

Oh I think we are all aware of that, but the thing is, the US is the worst. How many Iranian revolutions have been orchestrated by the CIA? The reason everyone's outraged about them attacking the UK is that we haven't actually done anything to Iran for a long time...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well the thing is that most Persians actually believe that Kohameni is the root cause of their problems...

also - no one seems to realize - we never get to hear from most Iranians

the ones that do feel this way - towards the West - never get to hear from or about us either

the idea that everybody - anybody - is well informed about what real people anywhere really think, want and feel - it's ridiculous

it's why it's so easy to feel all this fear, anger and hate - nobody has got a clue about the reality of the situations in which real people are living

I'd be willing to bet that most of the people who think Iran's got it coming don't know a single Iranian - personally

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

The religious fundamentalists in Iran and other Muslim countries have a different mind set to the rest of the world.

I don't know where you're from - but, not so very long ago we used to hang black men from trees in this country

not so very long ago

my point?

when we start telling each other that "those" people are different from us - we start to believe we have a right to treat them different - any way we see fit - more or less

it's just the prelude - granting ourselves permission to do whatever we think needs to be done

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
They know the anglo american empire is the one who is meddling in there country.

Care to be specific on how the UK is meddling in Iran? Misinformed, throw-away comments.

Go on... Give it a go - please cite a credible source.

Regards

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Yeah... my neighbor is from Iran...

I went over the other day to talk to him about what is going on over there and get his perspective and it went like this...

Ahmedinijad is like Bush... It's his way or no way....

Musavi, although, the one the majority really wanted is not mr clean either, but is more open to reform etc...

From his perspective, if Gore had not conceded like he did in 2000, it would have happened here too

When the Ayatollah came on the Arabic TV we were watching at his place (while he brought me dates and tea... good stuff) He looked, and for the first time he became visibly irritated...

He pointed to the TV and said "That's the guy who is responsible for all of this s*it"

I really couldn't ask for a better neighbor... our kids play together, we switch off & on taking the boys swimming, and anytime I come over, he makes me feel as though his house is my house....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join