It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ayatollah: Death to the treacherous UK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

:-)

thank you

He pointed to the TV and said "That's the guy who is responsible for all of this s*it"

and there you go - that's what I'm talking about

the attitude that once you step foot off U.S. soil - the "others" are all just mindless lemmings

or, stupid in other words

it's difficult to see that their current situation could be anyone's - with a couple of tweaks here or there

I really couldn't ask for a better neighbor... our kids play together, we switch off & on taking the boys swimming, and anytime I come over, he makes me feel as though his house is my house....

and when you do get to know people - from other places - you can't help but notice how much more alike we are than different

simple - but true

so - we can go over and bomb the living daylights out of a people and pretty much not care about it at all if and when we can look at them as a violent stupid horde

does this make anybody else tired besides me?

[edit on 6/19/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDutch
There was a time we Dutch ruled the seven seas.. and kicked Brittish ass!

Really? The Dutch had the most superior navy in 1770's?

Legalisation does have it drawback, it seems

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I believe the BBC started a new persian language station for Iran in January this year.
I dont know about you but I expect our goverments in the west wouldnt like a chinese news station telling their side of the story to the public

Anyway who won this election?The media have shut up about that now but in the 1st weekend this broke the BBC said the results were legit-washington post did a survey and said the same

Sorry but this all smells to me like a coup attempt.The wests man wasntn't intended to win,he was intended to do what he is doing now!

I bet Chavez is shaking his head in amusement as he sees this open up in Iran and remember when the media in his country lied through thier teeth and organsied the coup against him

As for our navy lads being caught by those pesky persians,we shouldnt have been in their water!

This twitter stuff is a load of rubbish too,the BBC have been spamming that site for ages now!Makes me wonder if they knew what it would be used for later and wanted everyone to know about if before and how to use it

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by VonDutch
There was a time we Dutch ruled the seven seas.. and kicked Brittish ass!

Really? The Dutch had the most superior navy in 1770's?

Legalisation does have it drawback, it seems

You really should do your research prior to sounding like a complete arse...

Royal Navy of the Netherlands

The Dutch navy has a long history. It was involved in many wars against other European powers since the late 16th century, initially for independence against Spain in European waters, later for shipping lanes, trade and colonies in many parts of the world, notably in four Anglo-Dutch wars against England and the United Kingdom.

Four Anglo-Dutch wars

At the end of the third war...

The greatly expanded Dutch navy was now for numerous years the world's strongest. The Dutch Republic was then at the zenith of its power.

What was that about legalization now?

[edit on 19-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
I dont know about you but I expect our goverments in the west wouldnt like a chinese news station telling their side of the story to the

Chinese state news channel (English) operates in the United Kingdom and the government has no problem with it - it is even allowed to show state propaganda.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

At the time in question, French was the dominate naval power (and was the largest empire along with Spain - prior to British expansion) both had superior naval forces - plus man power too.

The Dutch navy never dominated the oceans like Britain, France or Spain. And notice how I constructed this post without google or wikipedia.

You should stop using wikipedia and looking like a complete arse in the process

[edit on 19-6-2009 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
I believe the BBC started a new persian language station for Iran in January this year.

Excellent. Nations which don't have a free press, like Iran, need decent news services from the outside.

This is hardly a reason to suggest the UK is somehow trying to overthrow or cause Iran civil unrest.

Regards

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Hey Bombeni,

Yes it will be a bumpy ride. I sure wouldnt want the UK to now be on the terrorists hit list.

I think the "death" part is a bit much! Especially since both the US and EU have been concerned over their illegal voting system and are supportive. It kind of takes the sympathy out of the situation.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oh please, "Death to this, death to that", these idiots need to grow up and smell the revolution. These people are deflecting because they KNOW they screwed up. And I doubt anyone is going to buy this crap.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I agree that most of the Iranian people arent radicals; although having a dictator like Ahmedinijad puts all of them at risk. I'm still shocked over the staged praising and how they were bussed in.

Those other millions of protestors cant be dismissed by closing down the media. It only adds fuel to the fire. I'm still confused about "death to the UK? I may understand the US and Israel.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

At the time in question, French was the dominate naval power (and was the largest empire along with Spain - prior to British expansion) both had superior naval forces - plus man power too.

The Dutch navy never dominated the oceans like Britain, France or Spain. And notice how I constructed this post without google or wikipedia.

You should stop using wikipedia and looking like a complete arse in the process

[edit on 19-6-2009 by infinite]

Uhmmm... methinks you are wrong...

The greatly expanded Dutch navy was now for numerous years the world's strongest. The Dutch Republic was then at the zenith of its power.

So using supporting statements is a bad thing? Should I just make wild claims?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

its not in the same ball park and you know it,I have sky too sunshine and loads of news stations to look at(apart from fox,would never pay for that!)

I can imagine the persian BBC station to do the intel services work,while i cant see china doing that to us right now!OF course it might change in the future

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 19-6-2009 by noangels]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

The ayatollah is right, uk, usa, and israel should keep there noses out.
The hypocrites in uk, and usa should look at themseves before shouting foul over iran. Iran is not going to war with anyone.

It is true indeed.
There is so much hypocrisy when it comes to the UK/USA.

Somehow we are the "world police" and we get to say who has what weapons and what they can do with them....Who can invade which country and when...

It is crazy

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

I agree that most of the Iranian people arent radicals; although having a dictator like Ahmedinijad puts all of them at risk. I'm still shocked over the staged praising and how they were bussed in.

Those other millions of protestors cant be dismissed by closing down the media. It only adds fuel to the fire. I'm still confused about "death to the UK? I may understand the US and Israel.

This is simply the Ayatollahs attempt to go back to the old schtick... throw blame on the west, and give the people something else to be angry at except him...

Keep in mind a majority of Iranians feel that HE is the cause of the problems... He's gotta deflect it somehow...

[edit on 19-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by blupblup

Why would they say death to UK, and the US. I know they hate Israel. They are holding up signs in English sayinng "Where's my vote" We cant win for losing. Do they expect us to go in and overthrow the government. The US would love to do that but many innocent lives would be lost.

Obviously Iran is like any country in that they have many people of many beliefs and political opinions.
The people cheering the Ayatollah and chanting death to the UK/USA/Israel... are NOT the same as the democratic, peace loving people who want change in their country.

It may have only been a small (ish) number of people chanting that....but it doesn't take long for spin and propaganda to start having an effect and whipping people into a fervor.....

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

"Leader! Just give us an order," roared the crowd as he spoke strongly against the riots.

The crowds also held aloft placards which read: "If you just give a sign, we will do everything for you."

www.middle-east-online.com...

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This one should make your day blupblup

Tehran residents are climbing to their roofs and crying "God is Great!" in open defiance of Iran's supreme leader.

www.breitbart.com...

The late-night cries of "Allahu Akbar!" and "Death to the Dictator!" throughout Tehran Friday are a direct challenge to the cleric who has ultimate authority under Iran's constitution. They come hours after Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warned opposition supporters to stop protesting the June 12 election they say was rigged in favor of hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

[edit on 013030p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Exactly....the (majority of the) Iranian people will be as outraged and disturbed as we are.

I've been following a couple of peeps on twitter who are really fighting for their rights and freedom...and their lives in Iran as we speak.

Crazy times dude.....but yes, There is hope

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well it makes my day too, that's what I'm talkin' about.

But I am scared for them.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The UK and USA involvement in Iran goes back a long way as well as more recent events.

In 1953, the CIA and British intelligence orchestrated a coup d’etat that toppled the democratically elected government of Iran. The government of Mohammad Mossadegh. The aftershocks of the coup are still being felt.
In 1951 Prime Minister Mossadegh roused Britain’s ire when he nationalized the oil industry. Mossadegh argued that Iran should begin profiting from its vast oil reserves which had been exclusively controlled by the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company. The company later became known a British Petroleum (BP)
After considering military action, Britain opted for a coup d’état. President Harry Truman rejected the idea, but when Dwight Eisenhower took over the White House, he ordered the CIA to embark on one of its first covert operations against a foreign government

Link
www.democracynow.org...

Maybe we are reaping what we sew by continual intereference in other countries.
Iran could well have been the stability need in the area.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by dizzylizzy]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join