It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old to be sentenced for rape

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Personally I'd put a bullet in wife beaters, killers, any rapists (paedophile related or not) it's not one lot of scumbags I'm aiming the punishment at.

So after putting a bullet in someone, would you then put a bullet in yourself, as you have become a killer? Or is it okay when you do it, because you feel justified?

On topic, this situation sucks, but the kid is definitely not safe in society. Maybe a mental institution makes more sense than prison, but you really can't defend letting the kid loose. At least, I can't conceive of a defensible position for it.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eviant
On topic, this situation sucks, but the kid is definitely not safe in society. Maybe a mental institution makes more sense than prison, but you really can't defend letting the kid loose. At least, I can't conceive of a defensible position for it.

This has reminded me of the Jaime Bulger case in the UK. These kids killed a toddler but they are loose in society. I can only assume that they were messed up kids and have since been fixed. I don't think all offenders can be fixed but some child offenders can be.

To call the 12 year old a paedophile is silly. Many kids have sex underage nd they should therefore be called paedophiles, all of them!. He should be considered a rapist, absoolutely because the victim was 4 years old. The 12 year old needs help and careful monitoring, not punishment.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I don't blame the boy whatsoever... I blame the society he was raised in.. this sick/twisted place called America. That is what leads to these actions.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ogund.3
I don't blame the boy whatsoever... I blame the society he was raised in.. this sick/twisted place called America. That is what leads to these actions.

That makes no sense!

How does society make you rape a 4 yr old boy? I haven't seen any Brat Dolls, or commercials where 3 and 4 yr old boys were hyper sexualized?!

How do hundreds of millions of other children grow up without these urges?

This is on isolated incidence of a sicko. Maybe he was abused, or maybe he just isn't wired right, but society didn't do it.

If you want to bash the society, go to a teen pregnancy thread, or any of the multiple economic woe threads, there is plenty of ammunition for society bashing, but a baby raping thread isn't the one.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by Finn1916

life in prison? life usually means 15 years or less - the 10 year old kilers of jamie bulger served 12 years , and where released at the age of 22 , given a stack of cash , new identiies and let on there way.

Then first we need life to mean just that, life. We all know the justice system is no longer working(if it ever did) and those that can make a difference in it refuse to.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916

life in prison? life usually means 15 years or less - the 10 year old kilers of jamie bulger served 12 years , and where released at the age of 22 , given a stack of cash , new identiies and let on there way.

Then first we need life to mean just that, life. We all know the justice system is no longer working(if it ever did) and those that can make a difference in it refuse to.

But, if we make "life" mean the rest of your life in prison. Then we have decided that life isn't worth anything to society. We have decided they will die in prison. Why not move the date up and save some money? It is ridiculous to pay for 20, 30, 50 years of room, board, healthcare, and security for someone that is going to die in prison anyway?!

If the death in prison is already a certainty, there shouldn't be any moral dilemma in tinkering with the date!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ogund.3

So then AMERICA is to blame for an AUSTRALIAN kid who raped an AUSTRALIAN in AUSTRALIA? Read the story first then comment, cause this did not happen in america and therefore you can't bash america for this one.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Finn1916

But, if we make "life" mean the rest of your life in prison. Then we have decided that life isn't worth anything to society. We have decided they will die in prison. Why not move the date up and save some money? It is ridiculous to pay for 20, 30, 50 years of room, board, healthcare, and security for someone that is going to die in prison anyway?!

If the death in prison is already a certainty, there shouldn't be any moral dilemma in tinkering with the date!

Yes but this is a way to placate those that will stand there and cry and say we can't kill someone but instead must lock them up forever. Pointless to pay for their room and board forever? Yes, but try telling that to people that think that all lives are sacred and equal.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Thank you, that was exactly my point! We are killing them in prison either way. The argument that all lives are equal, that we cannot kill anyone, or that execution is immoral don't hold water. If we have already decided they are going to die in prison, we have already committed the act. We are confining them until they die! It is more humane (and far more economical) to make it quick!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Personally I don't have strong opinions on the death penalty either way.

But there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this kid and I doubt he will ever be "fixed". His act was very violent, and he was aware of what he was doing.

If this kid has been abused (and I would bet he has) then they need to track down the person that made him this way, as it should be easy to find the individual since it probably has not been that many years.

As far as the kid is concerned? They need to lock him up indefinitely and probably forever in an institution for the criminally insane.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The secret is to get the general public to accept this and they never will. Somehow killing people in some far off land over a patch of dirt and some oil is ok, but killing those among our society that have proven that they will continue to destroy society and murder and rape other people is wrong.

The biggest problem is a lot of people have forgotten that we are not all equal and that when thre is a cancer upon the body you must eradicate it or it destroy's the body. People who rape and murder make their choices knowing full well that the justice system will go easy on them, they will get three hots and a cot and an education that they might get to use 20 years from now.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

It is a lack of education. "All men are created equal," is inherently misunderstood. We are quite obviously not all equal, we are different sizes, shapes, colors, and abilities!

All men are created with equal opportunities, and inalienable rights, is the more proper version!

Sure, someone born rich seems to have more opportunites than someone born poor, but they have equal freedoms to pursue their own choices, and should have equal consequences for their actions.

So, as you put it, cutting off the cancers, is a necessary part of a successful society! I would like to see those who claim it is never ok to kill someone in a life-threatening situation and a gun?! I bet 9/10 they would use it!

Sonya is correct, this was a very violent act! This was not a kid experimenting with his sexuality with the neighbor girl in the play house. This was a violent, painful, bloody, physical attack! There should be no leniency, or rehabilitation for this!

Now, to be sure I get flamed! If this were my 12 yr old, and I caught him doing this to my 4 yr old.......I would kill him myself!! It would kill me inside, but if he is my Frankenstein, then I have to take responsibility for him!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I cannot believe the amount of people on here that want to kill a 12 yr old.
I don't understand your way of thinking.

That boy needs some help so he can learn to live in this world. His parents obviously need some help as well.

But killing is not the answer.

There is so much sex and violence directed to children these days, no wonder there are tons of pregnant little 9, 10 year old girls around.....(oh should we kill those boys that got them pregant)? What about these 11 year old girls that do stuff to boys...although they don't call it sex....

Kids see stuff on tv and think that is how to be because a lot of kids don't have the teachings from their parents of whomever is raising them.

I'll have my hubby help me post an article I found, so you all can read it.

We all have our own opinion and i respect everyones as i hope you wil respect mine as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Can't speak for the others, but yes, I do have a psych degree.
If a kid that age is commiting sexual offenses he needs to be kept away from other children since there obviously is an impulse control issue that he cannot control. Not to mention early sexual aggression is a very strong predictor of adult sexual offenders, check into the works of James Fox and related research.

This trend is not as rare as you guys might think, spend some time around schools and you will see a lot of inappropriate behavior and hear some real horror stories from teachers. For every story you hear about a teacher physically or sexually assaulting a student there is at least one of the reverse.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman

This trend is not as rare as you guys might think, spend some time around schools and you will see a lot of inappropriate behavior and hear some real horror stories from teachers. For every story you hear about a teacher physically or sexually assaulting a student there is at least one of the reverse.

You know when i was at school a 13 year old "attacked" a 11 year old. He is now a doctor, she is a marine biologist. I have kept in contact with her and she says quite clearly that she doesn't much care about what happened. So to make blanket statements is ridiculous.

This 12 year odl needs careful assesment for at least the next 8 years. After this it could be written off as stupidity.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but I've got to say this. Kids grow up a lot faster these days.

When I was 12, I barely knew what sex was, let along forcing someone into it, and it was relatively taboo to even kiss someone.

Now we have children at the age of 12 that are pregnant, stealing, smoking, fighting, doing illicit drugs, drinking. Those may or may not be factors in this case, but plain and simple, kids are growing up way too fast. And this growth has literally happened only in the past few years. I'm only freshly 21, and I am appalled at middle schoolers in my town now.

I have a 14 year old sister, whom two years ago knew right from wrong. The old excuse "they're just kids!" is losing ground these days. I'll not blame it solely on the kid, I'm almost positive there was poor parenting involved.

I'm not saying execute him, I am for the most part against the death penalty because of our judicial system's flaws and in this case the potnetial for reform, but he needs punishment, and therapy. He's young enough to hopefully not be set in his ways, only time will tell, but he needs therapy, probation and to be monitored to make sure he's not going to repeat.

If he's anything like the 12 year olds running around my town, he knew damn well what he was doing, and should not get off with a slap on the wrist.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Boy arrested after sex attack on elderly woman

tvnz.co.nz...

This hit the news yesterday in New Zealand... the other end of the spectrum - an elderly woman. The kid is 17 years old.

Kinda scary future for society.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

He has raped two other children. He needs to be put away to teach him it is wrong. Give him treatment, but put him away while he receives it.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

hahaha man. I can't imagine what those nuns were thinking at that. Perhaps I was wrong in some aspects of childhood sexuality...

I do firmly believe kids are growing up a lot faster, and I still think the boy knew what he was doing is wrong, barring serious mental illness.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Heatburger]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join