It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ID on "Operation Blackjack" has a secret message

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
One thing says its fiction, another says this is not simply entertainment. Won't really know whats going on, playing along with it for now seems quite alright and entertaining. My guess would be social experiment or an exercise of some sort.

link   
reply to post by StaringBack

Then why did somebody put, in hexadecimal (meaning it was only supposed to be discovered by a select few), "This is not simply entertainment."?

link   
this is like screaming fire in a crowded internet forum. im out.

link   

Originally posted by StaringBack
I mean geez, the newspaper's website said "this is fiction" underneath the pictures. The website accompanying these pictures should be treated as such as well.

Not underneath all pictures!!

Look at this:

www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by StaringBack

Haha, well I mean I don't think it will get to that point. The US and UK governments knew of this at the same time, if not before, we did.

Like I've said before, if it was legit none of these websites would still be up and the person behind them definitely wouldn't be there to update them. He'd be in a dark room with one chair, one table, and one over head lamp.

Heeeeey!
And what if the "terrorists" are the governments?
Terrorist cells would not need something like this. But if a government would use their "agents" to do the attack then many many people would know about it.
Then they would need two things: Cover for the masses, and cover for their own people (agents):
1. Make a sci-fi about the attack (Operation Balckjack)
2. Make an anti-terrorist exercise, and tell your people, that the barrel is just a fake.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I know someone has called MI5 and reported this (even if they didn't sound too concerned) has anyone here in the states called the FBI or anything?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
LOL

look at this now:

jackblack14.info...

Who made this?

Someone from our Forum?

By the way, he is right. We should look at JB12, afterall.

link   
Hey, maybe this was mentioned already and it´s not important probably, but anyways:

At jackblack13.info, on the upper right side is an ad that links to www.tkqlhce.com...
I have a slow connection, so i saw a hexstring behind the ad:
4f7020636f646520313720676561722076657273696f6e2039
converts to:
Op code 17 gear version 9

?

big lol at jackblack14

[edit on 20-6-2009 by euleberlin]

link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by DocDoyle
I'm sure everyone here is hoping this turns out to be fake and that someone is just screwing with everyone at ATS.

Well I sure hope they do haha, I mean sometimes it feels like people want to see it happen, well I sure don't! I have family in London, I live in London, and there are plenty of innocent beautiful people and children here among the many annoying people
. So basically let's hope this is a sick joke.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

Justin Williams also lives in London.

Or at least he did. No one has heard from him for several days .......

And his website is mysteriously down for "maintenance" .......

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke

Then why did somebody put, in hexadecimal (meaning it was only supposed to be discovered by a select few), "This is not simply entertainment."?

Because the person behind it knew this forum (and forums like this one) would be all over that sort of thing.

And to reply to your other post, do you really think the government doesn't have the capability to take the sites down? The reason they are still up is because they probably contacted whoever it is, they author explained it is a "game", showed them where they said it was "fiction", and it was left alone.

But no, you're probably right, the top cryptographers and computer scientists in the world are just dumbfounded by some guy posting binary code and bad photoshops on a cheesy website.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by DocDoyle
I'm sure everyone here is hoping this turns out to be fake and that someone is just screwing with everyone at ATS.

Well I sure hope they do haha, I mean sometimes it feels like people want to see it happen, well I sure don't! I have family in London, I live in London, and there are plenty of innocent beautiful people and children here among the many annoying people
. So basically let's hope this is a sick joke.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

Justin Williams also lives in London.

Or at least he did. No one has heard from him for several days .......

And his website is mysteriously down for "maintenance" .......

Yeah, he fled like a whipped dog from possible Ground Zero.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
I know someone has called MI5 and reported this (even if they didn't sound too concerned) has anyone here in the states called the FBI or anything?

Someone from another forum said one of his buddy called the FBI about it... some people are taking this seriously... they probably had a few dozens calls IMO.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

And a mainstream newspaper would play a cruel trick on a few thousand people because...?

Look... I don't care whether you think is real or not. You obviously don't, but I'm not dismissing it just yet. We are going to have to agree to disagree. Good day.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

And a mainstream newspaper would play a cruel trick on a few thousand people because...?

Look... I don't care whether you think is real or not. You obviously don't, but I'm not dismissing it just yet. We are going to have to agree to disagree. Good day.

Two words: political activism.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Perhaps for the same reason The Eagle comic played a cruel trick on a few thousand people by making them think Dan Dare was fighting the Mekon?

But mainly because it garners publicity

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I don't quite think the Telegraph is ready to be lumped together with entertainment rags like the National Inquirer et al. If it looks like hoya, smells like hoya and tastes like hoya I don't think it's thinly disguised fish. Even if its all for a lark you can bet the real nasties are taking notes.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
have the countdown timers disapeared altogether now?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoswatchinwho
have the countdown timers disapeared altogether now?

Yeah, they've been gone for a while now.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ATS USERS!!!!!!
CAN WE ALL AGREE THIS IS A HOAX NOW???

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You are from Colorado and not from England. If you were in London I would think you are a friend of Justin Williams.
Now that was political...

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join