It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible Mothman sighting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
how do you know if you've seen the Mothman, especially after years pass and you just learned what the Mothman was? i recently saw the movie "The Mothman Prophecies" and remembered an image i saw when i was about 11 or so. i was sitting at my house, looking out my window, and i saw something dark move upward into the trees, then i looked where the blur should've been and there were these two red eyes staring back at me. i'm not sure exdactly what it was, but i know i've wondered since then, and never really had the slightest clue as to what it was. so if anybody knows what it was, or has another idea, please feel free to post.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Where do you live? Geography is important.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Cool. I find this intresting.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbyboy

I dont remember a lot about the Mothman Prophecies.. isnt seeing him supposed to mean something bad is going to happen to a lot of people?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If I saw something like that, my first thought would be an "owl" not "mothman"

But if you live around Pt. Plesant; who knows?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i can't say where i lived at the time. yes it's supposed to be an omen of awful events to come, mainly involving the death of more than one person, or at least according to the movie. and as far as the "owl", i thought it might have been an animal of some sort, except for the fact that it didn't fly away or run or drop or anything, it just sort of vanished.

[edit on 6/16/2009 by bobbyboy]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbyboy
i can't say where i lived at the time.

[edit on 6/16/2009 by bobbyboy]

I am curious as to why you can not say. Do you just mean that you prefer not to say? That is fine, I am just curious.

That said, I have not seen the Mothman myself. I know that a sighting of the Mothman is supposed to mean that a bad event is going to happen in that area soon. So I am wondering. Did anything big/bad happen in your area soon after your sighting i.e the bridge collapse in the movie....

Peace and love

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
yes, i would just rather not say. but i mean, i don't remember anything unexplainable and disastrous happening, so i dop have my doubts.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Cool...Did you ever tell anyone?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Can you give a general estimate? Like region of a country or something?

The reason I need to know is because this mothman guy has popped up in many many places over the last couple hundred years and I want to cross ref your story.

So, if you can't give a general estimate or SOMETHING backing this up then I'll assume you're trolling =/

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
yes i told people. like my dad and brother. they called me weird and dismissed my story as false. the general region would have to be... probably southeastern US is where i was at the time i think.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Yes, people have a way of dismissing what they don't know and can't see. My son used to swear he saw a ghost -- I didn't want to believe him because we all know ghosts aren't real, right? It was OK for him to say it because I could rationalize that he ate too much candy or saw the wrong movie. But if I were to believe him, then I would be crazy.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
an excellent point. we as people don't want to seem psychotic, so we call other people that to make ourselves look good. it's the basic scapegoat approach to life.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
One way to trap the big bug is to set up traps around your property. Tie the bait on the trigger so it won't release easily. By morning or before you'll have your critter. The bait??? Wool sweaters....of course.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by merky

Lol merky!! But a question guys, is this mothman supposed to turn up all around the world or just in the US?

And by the way... guy who posted the OT didn't give where he lives... it says right below where i am typing now "Please do not post your own personal information." So he is actually keeping the rules by not telling

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
thanks for noticing what others wouln't. i think there have been sightings of the mothman all over the world, but i've only been in the US so i can't say for sure. i think i remember hearing about a sighting in Britain though. and supposedly he's been seen since ancient times if that helps at all.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There were rumoured to be sightings around the Chernobyl area just before the famous disaster. Also there were meant to be sightings in the Pennsylvania area before the 4th plane went down on 9/11. These were mentioned in the documentary that came as one of the special features on the DVD of The Mothman Prophecies film. Loren Coleman was the Cryptozoologist that was interviewed. I don't remember the name of the documentary, I think it was "In Search Of The Mothman"? or something like that.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
According to dvdverdict.com the documentary is called "Search For The Mothman".

I was close!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I live in WV, so of course I've heard of Mothman, and he is supposedly only lives/is sighted in West Virginia Mostly around the Charleston and Point Pleasant area, and hasn't had a really good documented sighting since the 1966-1967 time period. If you do not live in these areas, I can personally guarantee that you did not see Mothman, you may have seen another creature, but as stated, it all depends on your geographical location at the time.

So pretty much what I'm saying is that if you were not in the Charleston/Point Pleasant area of WV, you did not see Mothman, but possibly another creature.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaved Yeti

Actually the way the story goes.. he does not LIVE in one particular place.

When sightings start , as they have all over the world at times, it means there will be an event in that location.

Once the event happens, he will not be seen in that location again.

-edit- It's hard to "guarantee" anything without more proof other than speculation.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join