It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acid tossed off Hong Kong building hurts 24

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Acid tossed off Hong Kong building hurts 24

edition.cnn.com

24 hurt in Hong Kong's third acid attack in 6 months

Authorities in Hong Kong were reviewing surveillance tapes Tuesday to determine who tossed a bottle of acid from the top of a building, injuring 24 pedestrians in a busy shopping district.

Monday's incident was the third such attack in the Mong Kok district in the last six months. Police have not ruled out the possibility that they are the work of the same person.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-6-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

[mod edit: fixed all bold snippet]

[edit on 9-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This attack is really hurts. The attack is the third in just six months. This is the Hong Kong Acid Killer that the police are investigating and there is fright in Hong Kong with reference to this.

This I think is intentional and people may not set out to those areas again that have the attacks. The multiple attacks are related and people are shocked by this.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-6-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
ya i was just reading about this

this is really sick...

i have never heard about this guy before, the acid terrorist

they said hes attacked a few times before why did they keep it so quiet?

is this a well known thing around Hong Kong do you know? we in America have never heard of this until today

this is not good at all

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

is this a well known thing around Hong Kong do you know? we in America have never heard of this until today

This is going on in Hong Kong for the last 6 months. There may be such an episode in America, the MEDIA !

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
i have never heard about this guy before, the acid terrorist

they said hes attacked a few times before why did they keep it so quiet?

China always keeps these things quiet if they can. They have a LOT of bizarre incidents but they hush it up.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
wow and within like 15-25min the story is getting buried so fast

this is some really hard core terrorism here, i am really surprised there isnt a huge outcry about this...

just think about how heinous and horrific it is...

does anyone from Hong Kong area know if this is huge on your news there?

something just seems off here...way off

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
this is some really hard core terrorism here, i am really surprised there isnt a huge outcry about this...

It is probably commercial terrorism, or a crazy person. Sheesh a couple of years ago a donut shop owner poisoned the ingredients of a RIVAL donut shop owner that sold to a lot of local school children. Made 50 or so school kids very ill and killed some.

I believe they executed the guy in short order. Like I said a lot of weird stuff happens over there, but they hush it up and shoot the offender in the head as quickly as possible.

Edit actually not sure they shoot them, I believe they have a fleet of mobile execution vans that handle a lot of the executions.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Mong Kok is a major shopping district for locals, it is one of the most densely populated area's in Hong Kong.

There is a strong triad presence in the area as well.

It's a real shame as it's a great place to go hunt out some bargains!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpvskyfreak
Mong Kok is a major shopping district for locals, it is one of the most densely populated area's in Hong Kong.

There is a strong triad presence in the area as well.

It's a real shame as it's a great place to go hunt out some bargains!

Well maybe someone can come up with aluminum umbrellas for shoppers walking on the street!

Could make a fortune in that are with those.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
yes it's been in the news here.

not so much as a big story tho. the cops put up cameras after the second incident and are checking the recordings.

it probably is some nutjob. fortuately noone has died or has been seriously disfigured like other acid attacks in the news. it's not sulfuric acid, to my knowledge anyway.

there are not alot of news that doesn't get reported here. hk is not china proper.

big rash of taxi robberies lately, by teens, 2 of them by girls!

top topics

join