It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial hatred runs African American family out of dream home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Racial hatred runs African American family out of home

On May 8, Davy opened the door to her home and was greeted by a barrage of spray-painted racial epithets. The hardwood floors, the mirrors, the televisions, the dressers -- the vandals had turned the entire place into a canvas for that six-letter word used for decades to scare and scar African Americans.

Shaken, she immediately left and called police. And aside from one trip back to pick up some clothes, Davy has refused to return to a scene authorities believe was created by members of a local Latino gang.

"As far as hate crimes go, it's probably one of the worst ones I've seen in my career," said Sgt. Tony Haynes of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Duarte station. "They trashed the furniture and tossed drawers -- there was pretty much no room left untouched."

[edit on 5-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Something really struck me at the end of the article, so with the mod's permission I'd like to quote a little more:

His brother, Ronald Harris, 31, nodded, then paused. "Our grandparents used to tell us stories about stuff like this," he said. "We always thought, 'Nah, not us.' "

That's right, senseless, barbaric actions like this would not really have raised an eyebrow 50+ years ago. But this is 2009 for goodness sake.

I think race hate crimes should be treated a lot more seriously by the courts. A bruise or cut will heal, but the young children of this family will be scarred for life.

Can't we just learn how to love one another?

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
thats disgusting... some people are absolutely barbaric. Not that i like the trend of most people to be overly nice to african americans simply for their past, but genuine goodness towords people isnt hard... it feels good in fact

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
God, haven't we moved pass this kind of senseless hate and racism?

I hope they catch these vandals and punish them to the full extent of the law. I just pray that this racism isn't also prevalent in the local law force.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This wouldn't have even gotten one iota of attention if it was a white family moving into the ghetto and they were beaten up and jumped for being white. Which happens to white people ALL OF THE TIME. But who cares...they're white.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Notice it was done by a group of Latinos and NOT whites.....
OMG, other people hate too!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

You're missing the point!

it doesn't matter if it's WHITE on BLACK, BLACK on BROWN, WHITE on ASIAN, BROWN on BLOODY GREEN!!!

The point is COLOUR (COLOR) has no significance in how we should treat each other!

So because whites are being beaten up by blacks this story shouldn't be told??

It's wrong that white people get targeted for being white, but this family sure as hell didn't do it, and their kids didn't!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

it doesn't matter if it's WHITE on BLACK, BLACK on BROWN, WHITE on ASIAN, BROWN on BLOODY GREEN!!!

The point is COLOUR (COLOR) has no significance in how we should treat each other!

It's wrong that white people get targeted for being white, but this family sure as hell didn't do it, and their kids didn't!

Why did you assume that only blacks chase white people out of ghettos? Black people are not the only people who live in ghettos.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I am not saying what was done isn't bad. But I am saying that if racism against white people is never reported and is shrugged off, why should I get on the bandwagon about how horrible it is for black people to live?! White people are targeted against in certain neighborhoods too yet it is totally ignored and in addition to that we don't get the benefits that comes along with affirmative action and calling another person racist whenever we seek to shut them up. Why should events happening to one race ALWAYS be reported while events happening to another race ALWAYS be ignored? That is my quandary.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

For those of you who don't know what I mean, check this thread out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

Kiwifoot

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

Why did you assume that only blacks chase white people out of ghettos? Black people are not the only people who live in ghettos.

Er, because of this mate:

This wouldn't have even gotten one iota of attention if it was a white family moving into the ghetto and they were beaten up and jumped for being white. Which happens to white people ALL OF THE TIME. But who cares...they're white.

I'm pretty sure a white family wouldn't beat up a white family for being white, and the family in the story is black, so do you follow me, to tie it in with the family in th OP I said black, don't cloud the issue here by trying to say something that isn't there.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
When I was living in the city I rented a room in a house in a terrible neighborhood. It's what I could afford thanks to the high cost of city living.

Anyway, I was essentially run out of town by all the "ghetto trash" idiots who picked me and the house I was living in out because we didnt have trash all over the walk and disliked blaring music at 3AM.

Nobody came crying that I was being run out of a black neighborhood. Property was vandalized, we were assaulted and chased and singled out for other various methods of harassment.

I guess when the hate pushes you out of a craphole it's okay. Or if it's a black neighborhood harassing a white man it's all fine and just.

The cops, by the way, were just as useless as ever.

No harm done. I'm in a much better place now. Nearly my "dream" home.

Neighbors are one of the worst things a person or family could be cursed with. I hope these people find a peaceful place away from the scum that is the lowest common denominator.

I have to add something: When I left I was harassed and harangued by my peers. They said I was giving into "white flight" and actually blamed the "plight" of those who assaulted and harassed me on the fact that I was leaving. So to them white people had to stay in the neighbourhood if there was any hope for the neighbourhood to survive. They used some wholly racist logic to call me out as racist. Makes sense to them I guess.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Well this story isn't about white people isn't? So your thoughts make no sense here do they.

Why is it whenever a story about racism or something messed up involving a black person or the black community comes out, somebody has to dive on it like it's a grenade screaming "IF THEY WHITE THIS WOULDN'T BE NEWZ!11!11" Yeah because whites have been subjected to atrocities for 500 years, and because whites are the minority, and whites culture's are heavily influenced to encourage them to be ignorant and criminal. You're absolutely right, it's all reverse racism. If you dragged a black person behind your truck, it's his fault for being a reverse racist. What the # is wrong with you people?

I'm sick of the stupidity and racism that is still very much alive and well in the United States. I could go on a long rant on this country is filled with ignorant white people who are terrified of their history and terrified of the comeuppance their due. But what's the point? Just keep bitching about how you've been treated by the lower classes minorities to justify your hate and racism of an entire race.

I'm white by the way.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Well this story isn't about white people isn't? So your thoughts make no sense here do they.

I'm sick of the stupidity and racism that is still very much alive and well in the United States. I could go on a long rant on this country is filled with ignorant white people who are terrified of their history and terrified of the comeuppance their due. But what's the point? Just keep bitching about how you've been treated by the lower classes minorities to justify your hate and racism of an entire race.

I'm white by the way.

Thank God, I really thought I was in a nightmare here!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
they should not have moved
now that tactic will seem successful

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Hispanics , Asians ,and even some middle easterners do not consider themselves to be white. Also when a poor neighborhood is dominated by one religious or ethnic group the dominate group will run the minority out even if the minority is of the same racial background. Poor people and rich people regardless of color tend to be more territorial and clanish than middle class people. She would not have had the same problem from Hispanic neighbors if she had been living in a middleclass neighborhood. So no you can not assume when you hear of whites being run out of a neighborhood that black people did it. Of course this would be commonly known if the press did not turn a blind eye toward the violence perpetrated against white people.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by eradown]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Seriously mate I have no idea what you are talking about. Let me try and explain it SLOWLY for you.

-The guy said if it happened to a white family in a ghetto this wouldn't have occured.

Ok, you still with me?

-The family in the story was AFRICAN AMERICAN.

Ok, I know it's hard but try and follow.

-SO, by using the OP and the "WHITE" part of his post, you get:

--A WHITE family gets run out of a ghetto by an AFRICAN AMERICAN.

Do you still not get it, I'm not assuming that anyone lives in a ghetto, but that is how I came up with BLACK and WHITE.

Dude are you ok?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

There are ghettos where Asians live. There are ghettos where Hispanics live. There are even Jewish ghettos. Anyone of them might give strange white people trouble.You have made the assumption only blacks live in ghettos ;I can see why you would think only blacks are poor and only blacks live in ghettos based on what the T.V. shows you. I just wanted to make you aware things are different in America from what the T.V. shows you.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by eradown]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is exactly what I see reflected all over the internet every day.

Yes, including here.

Just look at some the responses.

Hate wins!!

There is no hope for this country or for this planet as long as we are all so full of hate!

How the hell can you hate someone you don't even know?

Because you don't like the way they look or the way they talk?

Is this how it ends?

Well good; because if this is the best the world has to offer is a bunch of different groups of people that think that they are the only group that has the right to be on this planet and everyone else is inferior and not worthy to be here, then I say it time for the experiment to be offer.

The planet will be a hell of lot better off with all of us gone.

I spend half of my life every week trying to save the lives of people that show up through the hospital doors.

I don't care what they look like, smell like or talk like. My only concern is how I can help.

What a pure waste of my time and talent.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjl_says
God, haven't we moved pass this kind of senseless hate and racism?

I hope they catch these vandals and punish them to the full extent of the law. I just pray that this racism isn't also prevalent in the local law force.

Depends on who the "WE" is you are speaking of. Note that this racial hatred was not perpetrated in an all white neighborhood with a single black family... it was a latino neighborhood...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join