It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who were you in a previous life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
It's a very big universe.., but apparently some people who are regressed and those who've engaged in other mind expanding 'therapies", who have reported just such things. I read about one lady who reported having been a giant lizard from ancient times, who was very sexually aroused by the colorings on the side of the head of a male of her species. Later when researching it, it was discovered that for some lizards, that type of marking does play a significant role in the male selection process..

[edit on 5-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I don't know much about my past lives, the only one that comes to mind is one that came to me thru a dream...I was a nicely dressed man in clothes that seemed from the 1800's but i remember from my dream being shot in the head in an allyway of somesorts.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by plutoxgirl

regression sounds interesting; not going to find anyone in this country, though

Nice to meet you, by the way, PlutoX; don't think I've seen you out and about before.

I have no clue as to past life, however, I suspect there's an emerging australopithicus somewhere back there. Although the film Quest for Fire really focuses on the Neandertal, I'm always drawn to that imagery.

Something possibly related -- Last year in November, after Hurricane Paloma kicked our butts, I tripped over a piece of metal buried in the sand. I pryed on it with a bar and pulled it up and held it in my hands. It is a rectangle of extremely rusted iron with a strange hinge and a fragment of angular metal attached to the hinge. I knew at that moment (or thought I did) that it was to a ship's stove on a schooner. I could see it, and my mind was filled for a flash-and-a-half with some very vibrant images of a room with swinging utinsels and pans and steam and flickering light.....

So, I thought to myself, it's either (a) an errant retrovisit to the '70s (b) something I picked up from the object itself (although that's not a known talent of mine) or (c) perhaps a reminder of a past life -- or (d) too much sun

I had occasion in a semi-recent thread of mine to ponder the possibilities of pet reincarnation.

This has always fascinated me.

good thread.

Argentus! Nice to meet you too. I've seen your avi before. I like it.

(I've changed mine at least 5 times).

Very interesting experience by the way.
Where do you live?- because, trust me... there's always someone around that can help you with these sort of things.

And haven't seen that thread on pet reincarnation!? will look it out.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I don't know for sure and have only tried past life regression once. In it I was a woman about to be burned alive accused of being a witch.

By my instincts and life history, astrological and numerological charts indicate that I was once a military higher up responsible for the deaths and destruction of many lives. My karmic debt in this life bears the theory out. In this current life, well, lets just say that just about everyone I have ever loved has either betrayed me or left me, breaking my heart over and over again. I think this is the punishment I deserve if in fact, reincarnation is true.

My stars say I am a leader, a teacher and that I have an important function to fulfill that will cause me great suffering and physical pain. The purpose (I don't know what it is) of my life is to stand up against the mainstream and show that a different way is possible. I'm not sure I know what that means of if I'm up to the task. Since I'm still alive, I suppose my retribution has not yet been paid.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Wow!

Thanks so much for sharing everyone! -I'm definitely enjoying reading each of your memories

I thought it would be interesting to make this thread where people could come and write about their past lives (even if they had only brief images or flashes).

Of course the importance and focus is on the current life; (what are you doing with it now?)- This life is a new opportunity, a gift- to learn and move forward.

Anyway, keep sharing, every experience counts and is valid

[edit on 5/6/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This might be a little off topic but i feel like it is still part of this thread...
Yesterday i was with my best freind and a two other kids. so we were smoking some of gods grass and then got into the topic of harder drugs.. ( i am not a drugie just for clarification) mostly how me and one of the other kids Adam got that whole man made drug phase out of our system. Any who he started telling me about this one drug he tired and told me when he did it.. right away he was freaking out cause he said he could see the virbations from people speaking going into his body .. then he went outside and he thought a war was going on from the outside noise cars sounded like tanks, helicopters like fighter jets, and so on.. so when i thought about what he said i came up with two possible Hypthothesies

1) Going on the assumption Time & space is an Illusion so what if certain drugs make you almost slow down even though your surrounding remain the same but if you believe that you are some where else in your mind.... string theory or M-theory support this in which they say if you think you turned left but you turned right a part in your brain thought he may have turned left so in another dimension it did. I am not as intelligent as some of the minds here so please be kind. I know my wording is a bit grammar school but trust me in the last 2 months ( since i like to think i awake) my intelligent has increased tenfold.

2) This is the theory i really liked... so Adam thought he was in a war when he went outside.. what if his somehow he was in tuned or living through ( even partially) through a previous life.. although he could have been tripping balls your brain attaches some kind of memory or data to each object you see and that is the first thought that comes to your mind even if you do not notice it.. so going on that what if he was in tuned with a previous life and the first thing that came to his mind when he heard those nosies was War because maybe he in another life was..

Just an idea i do not believe in this until i can prove or disprove it but i thought it was pretty neat...

after all we know how drugs affect our bodies but makes us lose our sanity besides the drugs themselves and who do we really turn into when we use drugs...

Thanks for you time guys

Peace

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I was probably just a labourer. Why does everyone think if reincarnation is true, that they where someone important, lol.

I would like to have been a monk or a labourer.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I live on a tiny island in the Caribbean, and if there is anyone here skilled in past life regressions, local culture and religious beliefs would likely cause them to keep their talents under wrap.

It shouldn't be unusual to find ships' parts here -- local history is full of seafarers and shipbuilding -- what was unusual for me was to feel a sense of knowing what I had found and a real familiarity with it...... I can recall a sense of dismay at how degraded it had become by the elements. Of course, those were merely momentary impressions, and not really measurable. Still, an interesting experience.

My thread on the possibility of animal reincarnation is a personal experience that I posted in R.A.T.S. (I'm not too shameless to mention it, but not to link it :lol

I'll keep an eye on this thread; I find this all very fascinating. Might be evidence towards some of our likes and attractions, and also might be evidence toward explaining deja vu.

cheers

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

I don't know for sure and have only tried past life regression once. In it I was a woman about to be burned alive accused of being a witch.

By my instincts and life history, astrological and numerological charts indicate that I was once a military higher up responsible for the deaths and destruction of many lives. My karmic debt in this life bears the theory out. In this current life, well, lets just say that just about everyone I have ever loved has either betrayed me or left me, breaking my heart over and over again. I think this is the punishment I deserve if in fact, reincarnation is true.

My stars say I am a leader, a teacher and that I have an important function to fulfill that will cause me great suffering and physical pain. The purpose (I don't know what it is) of my life is to stand up against the mainstream and show that a different way is possible. I'm not sure I know what that means of if I'm up to the task. Since I'm still alive, I suppose my retribution has not yet been paid.

That's interesting! - I'm an astrologer, so if you don't mind, I'd really like to see your chart
I'm curious about it now.

(You can send me the info through an U2U if you don't want to put it public).

And I'm into numerology too-

This incarnation is specifically karmic for me, (numerology wise-debt: 13 and 16).

[edit on 5/6/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Hey that would be interesting. What info do you need? Birth date, time and place?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Yes, exactly- (Exact hour, please!)

I have to go now, but will get back at you later.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I had a chart done once and it provided times of my past lives that I have actually felt a connection to, which I found interesting.

On a personal note, my hubby and I were talking about Mt. Rushmore one day, and I was saying how big it is and about a type of trolley car (that had a cable to go from the ground to the topish of the mountain). It was a very clear memory. Then he asked me when I had ever been to S. Dakota, I looked at him like he was crazy because I have never been to S. Dakota. I was immediately intrigued and since I still had the picture of the car in my mind I embarked on a google search of Mt. Rushmore pictures and history. The particular car I remember apparently hasn't been there since the 1930's and was used in its construction although some people were able to get on (if they knew someone) for a close up view. I know that I was a woman at the time, so I don't think I worked on it, since it was the 30's maybe a family member did.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I was probably just a labourer. Why does everyone think if reincarnation is true, that they where someone important, lol.

I would like to have been a monk or a labourer.

Andy,
We have been many things, in each era and culture. We have been rich beyond our wildest dreams and we have been the poorest, we've been slaves and rulers, men and women, in fact everything that was on offer in those era's and cultures we have been.

Most feel more strongly towards their happy lives, the lives where they were more than the poorest struggling to live. this is why we tend towards those lives of some personal power.

More importantly we have lived many, many, more lives as labourers than any other, because that is what has made humanity reach where it is now. Nothing to feel less about yourself.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
My first hint at past lives was a recurring dream I had from around the age 7 until puberty. I was in the 1600's or early 1700's in New England, I was a young woman and was part of a massacre by the local Natives and it was a terrifying dream. The oddest thing about this is there was a family in my ancestry that was in fact massacred in New England!

I am aware of several of my other lives.

A young male slave that was killed for defending his sister from rape at the hands of a white man.

The wife of some prominent man in a South American tribe, ancient.

A life in of all places Salem and was one of those charged and burned. I was able to direct my step father all over the town when we visited, it creeped the whole family out. LOL

A miserably abused wife and I threw myself off a cliff to get away from him.

One life in the most beautiful sort of town or city that was just amazing and beautiful. It was like every need that I had was met and the whole civilization was living wonderful lives with no poverty.

I rarely discuss this stuff with people i don't know, I hate the crazy comments, but since so many others took the plunge, I figured I may find some kindred spirits here.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I was told from my siblings and mother that when I was a child of maybe 3 or 4 years old that I insisted that I chose my family,supposedly I used to say that I saw them at the beach and picked them. they just dismissed this as a childs chatter but then on a couple of occasions I would become very down and start talking about how much nicer my new family was compared to my old family,when pushed on the matter I'd just say the old family werent nice to me.
vague memories of a past life maybe?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Great idea for a thread.

I can't prove it of course, but I believe in my most recent life before this one
I was a young woman during WW2 and lived in California. From what I "feel"
I was engaged to a guy who died after his Merchant ship was torpedoed. Anything from that time period draws me in. Just last night I sat and watched a PBS pledge drive because they were playing clips and songs of the Big Band Era.

Before that one, I believe I traveled across country in a Wagon Train. I was told this by a lady who claimed to be psychic. The reason I believe it is that even though I have never been west of the Mississippi in this life, I am enthralled with scenes (whether it be movies, pics or whatever) of the Rocky Mountains. Seeing them gives me a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach and it was this way even before the psychic told me what she did.
Other than that, I have no other memory of that life so it must have been short.

The only thing before that life that I imagine would be living in a very large (castle?) home in what I think would be Vienna in the time frame of the 1800's. I had a series of recurring dreams for a week one time of being about 12 and standing in a large hallway looking out the floor to ceiling windows and watching people arriving in carriages for a party. I could hear the music from the ballroom below and I was upset that I was too young to attend.

Now, all that being said, I have no way of knowing if these 'memories and feelings" are real or just figments of my always active imagination. And, until I pass over to the other side, I nor anyone else can ever know for sure.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I do not feel any less for being a labourer in a former life if that is what i was, as we in we all lived before have been that person. The thing that gets me is that people always think they where some great person in past lifes, when in fact only a small proportion of the population ever do anything to change things.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I believe I was once an Irish woman in a wandering clan. I have dreams about her all the time. I had 2 children and died in childbirth with my 3rd. I've always loved Ireland and I want to go. I also believe I used to be a Martian because of an OoBE I had and that fact that I feel drawn there and pictures of the landscape always make me feel like crying.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I can't contribute to Argentus's thread in RATS, but I have a story about my old dog - he died about three years ago.

I adopted him from a friend when he was about 11 and she always said he was like a little old man to her. I knew exactly what she meant because I could 'see' it too. There was definitely a little old man in there somewhere.

Another thing I picked up - I could place him as a soldier in the trenches in WWI. It was something I felt very strongly from him.

And he was in a battle maybe a couple of hundred or so years ago. I got the impression he was a young boy wearing a little pill-box hat. He was, I think, a drummer or flag-bearer. Sent out ahead of the army to lead them into battle. He died on the field. I'd guess in Europe.

This isn't something I can do as a rule. I might have dismissed the idea of him being in battles as fanciful had it not been for my friend picking up on the little old man, just as I did. I mean if I could be right about one thing, why not the rest?

It's easy to imagine he incarnated as a dog to get a bit of a break from all the hardship. He was a lovely old boy and had me twisted round his little finger - well paw. It was obvious to him I wasn't as strict as my friend - I read that from him very easily

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have had flashes of insight into other lives for about 56 years now. One in particular that made an impression upon me was when I was traveling through Kansas and, although I had never been there before, I recognized a place where I participated in a battle between southern sympathizers and northern sympathizers, during the U.S.' Civil War. I heard the sounds of the battle and the shouts and smells of battle. I suspect I was a southern sympathizer because I have had a strong interest in that war ever since I was a child and I identified with the Confederates.

I believe I have died in a past life from stabbing, and also another life from falling from a high place.

I first saw my wife, in this lifetime, when we were both children riding the same school bus. Up until that time, I felt alone and empty. Then I saw her and the feeling went away. I never expressed my feelings nor the reasons I felt about it all because I was unable to put it all into words. However, I felt that I knew her, quite well, and we had been together in past lifetimes. Then one day her family moved away and I was empty in heart once again. Life had no special meaning for me.

Happily, a few years later I was invited to a swimming party and there she was!!!! Oh, I was elated. I had to bide my time, though. She had a boyfriend who I certainly felt I had no chance competing with. But, just as I suspected, he was so full of himself that he couldn't love her more than he loved himself and I was able to make my case for her.
It took time and perseverence, but I was able to win her heart. My humor and winning personality, heh, won over her foresight that I would not provide her with the plush lifestyle she had been raised with. Instead she chose to be with me and got the adventure and multitude of experiences she suspected and sort of fearedl she might get. lol.

Dreama and flashes of insight have led me to believe that my wife and I have been together in other lives, even on other worlds, and we have both been of different genders. And always, she is the one who has more maturity and provides me with spiritual development, while I always seem to be the jokester, yet the one who helps develop her "street sense" in each life.

As a side note, my second daughter, when she was 3 years old, told my wife that she had looked down upon my wife and I and cried, because she wanted to be with us, but God told her it was not time, yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join