It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flash Conspiracist-- One-line Answers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It annoys me that we can't make one-line answers to posts without The Gods spewing all over us. I see a lot of posts that I'd like to contribute briefly to, but who has the time to write a lengthy reply when you just want to say one simple thing??

I happened to see the list of 'New Posts' just there, and thought I'd attack a whole bunch of them in one go, putting my point across as succinctly as possible. I'm calling it Flash Conspiracism. Or "ATS for People Who Actually Have Other Things To Do"..
Here goes: topics and my responses:

Suppose the Rapture is Real?
--Don't worry, it isn't

California Will Run Out Of Cash In 14 Days!
--no it won't.

new photo of Thylacine(tasmanian tiger)? you decide..
--no, it's not

Why June 2009??
--Why not??

How would you deal with North Korea?
--I wouldn't.

What is in this picture?
--a pretty lame photoshop.

Pay Homage to the Heroes of D-Day, Imagine if they had Failed.
--well said.

What do you do when the Change of the World doesn't happen?
--Make hot-dogs.

Newspapers want U.S. help, not bailout
--Good, because they won't f£$%%$g get one.

peace out

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You know...I've kinda wondered the same thing before, just not in the same way. Personally, if you have input for me, I'd like to know a little more than 'no, it won't.' Tell me why you believe that way, so maybe I can change my mind and think like you are.

One of the things that bugs me is when people use the one word answers, but then just add 'second line' to the post.

In all honesty, I think some things can be answered with a few words, but for the most part, I'd really enjoy reading more about what you think and how you came to your conclusion. I'd like to discover the errors in my reasoning.

It's kind of a bummer when someone answers 'yes, then second line' and it takes like 50 lines for their sigs and pics, but only two lines for the input of their valuable opinions.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well if ya think about it, contributions such as 'no it wil not' aren't much of a contribution at all.

Why won't it happen?

What's stopping it?

What made you believe it won't happen?

Just my opinion anyway

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I do kind of understand why one line answers aren't acceptable, but they do have their place. Many posters want detailed explainations, links, etc on everything you say. For some things, yes it makes debates better and you get more of people's posts. But many things do require just one sentence answers that only people who love to argue need detailed explanations, links, etc. for something simple. These people need a life, in my opinion. Another theory I have is that other posters that get mad over one sentence answers have elevated themselves into highly intellectual status and feel as though they are "idiot" responses. Just my take on it. I typically have more than a sentence to say, so I guess I'll very rarely get in trouble for short posts. lol

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Yes I agree, you should be able to but like all have said in one way or another, more thought needs to go into your response. Anybody can give off the cuff responses and IMO it's somewhat being lazy by not wanting to put research (if needed) into your rebuttal.

The responses you used as examples are all vague and ambiguous. It's tells us nothing about why you think we are wrong or why something will or won't fail.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
no

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
no

Can you define "no" ?

1 referring to the degree to which a certain quality is present; "he was no heavier than a Wukky"

2 not in any degree or manner; not at all; "Wukky is no better today"
3 a negative; "Wukky's no was loud and clear"

4 used to express refusal or denial or disagreement etc or especially to emphasize a negative statement; "no, Penguins are wrong"

5 nobelium: a radioactive transuranic element synthesized by bombarding curium with carbon ions; 7 isotopes are known

6 no(a): quantifier; used with either mass nouns or plural count nouns for indicating a complete or almost complete lack or zero quantity of; "we have no bananas"; "no eggs left and no money to buy any"; "have you no decency?"; "did it with no help"; "I'll get you there in no time"

source ..derivitives are what I posted

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Yes, no, yes, yes, only on Thursdays, yes.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
no

Ok, you made me laugh really really hard

You must have been the class clown because we are trying to have a serious talk about one liners and you have just messed me up.

Thanks a lot!!!!

*pay no attention to the previous three lines as they are just fillers*

join