It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air France Plane down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Tragic, thoughts go out to all.
But one has to say, very odd for them to vanish without a distress, sos, mayday...

I wonder what the last few transmissions were?

I wonder who was on the plane?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
No words can really express how terrible and tragic this is.

Hopefully people will give the families some time to grieve and not jump on the conspiracy theories too quickly, when it's a matter of lives being lost the issue needs to be handled with care,caution,& respect.

My heart is with all the lost lives and their families, and that the families will get answers promptly and not have to sit in the agony of wondering where&why.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
French TV news channel BFMTV says that the plane has disappeared off Morocco's coasts.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

en.wikipedia.org...

Birgenair Flight 301

was actually the pilot and co-pilot ASI gave different readings , the pilots being the malfunctioning one - which as the auto-pilot was using it as reference started the chain which ended in a stall.

the investigation found 1 pliot tube blocked by insects which had built a nest!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
"Brazil's air force says its planes have begun searching for the airliner.

Henry Wilson, an air force spokesman, said that planes had taken off from the island of Fernando de Noronha off Brazil's north-east coast to look for the jet. "

source: www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
My thoughts are with the families of those waiting at the airport, homes and work places for their loved ones. Not a good thing to happen.

Thanks for the info and here's hoping that we get some news of what happened soon.

That's a big part of the equatorial area to go down in.

-m0r

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Catastrophic error would have caused the plane to go down so quickly, according to experts. Some individuals suggested terrorism cannot be ruled out - mid air explosion - but there are a dozen other possible catastrophic errors.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Any of you read the apocalyptic fiction series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins "Left Behind"?

Somehow, this plane disappearance reminded me of those books.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Funny..

I posted this in the breaking news section earlier this morning and the thread was deleted by Semperfortis.

Why?

O, and as you could have read in my report I agree that it is highly unusual for an aircraft to disappear like that without any distress signal, unless all systems like navigation, transponder and radio failed all at once, or... in the event of an explosion.

T4H

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

This isn't fiction.

I know it's easy to be so flippant about such a thing when you have no stake in it but please, at least try to be a bit somber about it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hard to know , terrorists usually like to claim their acts , a plane disappearing like that with no explanation is somewhat unlikely to be a terror act , simply to "terrorize".

Not to mention I have lived my whole life in that country and never heard of a terrorist act , or even a terrorist faction or things of the sort ever happening there.

Still the plane is from France , and I have no idea if someone important was in the plane and if there are terrorist factions in France (or from anywhere else , or even if TPTB are related) , that would want someone in that plane dead.

Really got to wait for the air force to find something.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Reports are suggesting a possible worse case scenario electronic failure

(French media)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
It took four hours for Air France to disclose it's disappearance and that came an hour after it failed to land.

It went down without broadcasting a mayday so whatever happened was very sudden. Either catastrophic break up or else pilots were so busy fighting to keep control they had no time for a mayday call.

I would speculate either a catastrophic decompression, terrorist bomb, or else a failure of electrical systems in darkness. It was an early morning flight wasn't it?

Anyone know which type of Airbus aircraft ?

Airbus A330. It's a very reliable aircraft... excellent transocean flight record.

Planes don't simply disappear without a word. Even in the case of the shootdown of KAL 007, there was a record of the event picked up by various military monitoring stations.

Well, there were those that followed Flight 19 into nothingness... but I'm not going to be the one to start that kind of discussion...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Thanks Harlequin. yes Bergenair was the airline. Thanks. Aero Peru was similar. Still on those there was time for a mayday wasn't there ?

Whatever happened it was catastrophic.

Sorry if my speculation is offending some people. I'm not trying to discuss conspiracy theory. Just trying to narrow the likely causes and a planted bomb has to be one consideration.

It is terrible for those who lost their lives and for all their friends and relatives in shock as they learn of their loss. Naturally I feel great sympathy for their loss.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
There seems to be some confusion as to where and when the plane disappeared.

Some reports out of France suggested that it went missing off the North West African coast, east of The Canaries.

Reports from Brazil suggest it may have disappeared as short s 30 mins after take off.

That is an absolutely massive difference and a huge search area.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

How could they possibly say that with any degree of certainty unless they either know something we dont or have somehow discovered the wreckage/black box.

That sounds like pure speculation on behalf of the media to me. Note, not shooting the messenger!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
French Minister has ruled out hijacking, government believes electrical failure has occured.

France 24

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Why can't they just let the public use the high-speed underground tunnels that criss-cross the globe instead of sealing themselves into metal projectiles that have so much that go wrong with them.

Probably because them tunnels don't exist.
Besides, air travel is very safe.

BTW Harlequin, is PPRUNE down or just REALLY slow? BTW are you "lexxity"?

[edit on 1/6/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

^^ That is they very Air France A330-200 in question

F-GCZP

report on the wire was that the aircraft was transmitting on company frequency , reporting very heavy turbulance when the transmision was cut off;

edit

aviation-safety.net...

Preliminary accident report is up

[edit on 1/6/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Your questions and logic have been sensible after all has you say the lack of a Mayday call suggests a sudden event . If the flights disappearance was terrorism related we would have heard from the hijacks or claims of responsibility for the destruction of the aircraft by now . Just finding the wreck is going to be a challenge little alone retrieving the Black box .

Cheers xpert11 .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join