It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever tried to kill you !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Id like to know if anyone has ever tried to kill you !

Maybe you were in a war zone serving in the armed forces ?

Maybe you were in a gang and someone tried to kill you!

Maybe you were a spy? or you really pissed someone off ?

Maybe you got caught in the line of fire in some incident?

There could be a thousand reasons for someone trying to kill you and id like to know why they tried to kill you and what they tried to kill you with (maybe they tried to kill you with there bare hands!)
or maybe you dont want to tell anyone and just let us know someone tried to kill you once.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Indirectly through an arson house fire at 3 am. Someone close to the family poured gasoline around our cars in the garage and lit a match; if the fire alarm didn�t sound when it did my whole family would have died. It happened on New Years Eve. I had to testify in court to convict this @#$%er, he received twenty years to life and served two. Something seems wrong with that.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Indirectly through an arson house fire at 3 am. Someone close to the family poured gasoline around our cars in the garage and lit a match; if the fire alarm didn�t sound when it did my whole family would have died. It happened on New Years Eve. I had to testify in court to convict this @#$%er, he received twenty years to life and served two. Something seems wrong with that.

Two years ? Thats unbelievable
it would seem there is a problem with laws ....there are people who get caught with small amounts of drugs who are non-violent who end up serving much more time than that !!

i personally know of incidents where people who have murdered others in cold blood were out on the streets in under five years and people who got caught with a small amount of '___' who got sentenced to ten years or more.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
A little kid belonging to a freind of the family tried to stab me with a knife. He was about 5 so I'm pretty sure he didn't know what he was doing but he came very close to landing a few stabs in my stomach. I thought it was kind of funny at the time but the kid sure did seem determined to put a few holes in me. I honestly did not do a damn thing to disturb this kid, I guess what he thought he was playing with was a toy and could do no damage, even though it was a gnarly looking combat/fishing knife.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Twice, both while responding to calls as a law enforcement officer. First, while reponding to an armed robbery call, the suspect tried to run me over with his car. The second (and thankfully last) time, I was in foot pursuit of a breaking and entering suspect. I cut around a corner too close without checking and the guy hit me in the chest with an axe handle. I was lucky in a number of ways: the trauma plate in my body armor kept it from doing any real damage, I got my gun out and discouraged another blow, and there were other officers right behind me. Scary stuff

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Two events come to mind.

The closest I've come to actually being murdered on purpose was when an ex girlfriend (who had deep mental issues) took a baseball bat to me. I was lying on the floor, she took a baseball bat and swung down at my head. I tried to jump out of the way and she hit me in the ribs instead. She broke four of them, they still hurt and the event was over 10 years ago.

The other time was a bit indirect, but I was a few hundred yards from an IRA terrorist bomb in the late 80's which killed quite a few people. It was a deafening blast. I remember it was the most powerful sound I've ever experienced. I was uninjured, and shielded by the corner of a building and several vehicles, but it was so loud that it was painful. The immedate silence, the screams and the sirens still haunt me.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Here are some images of the fire.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
The other time was a bit indirect, but I was a few hundred yards from an IRA terrorist bomb in the late 80's which killed quite a few people. It was a deafening blast. I remember it was the most powerful sound I've ever experienced. I was uninjured, and shielded by the corner of a building and several vehicles, but it was so loud that it was painful. The immedate silence, the screams and the sirens still haunt me.

Jesus Christ! That must have been horrible seeing all those people blown up in front of your eyes.

Damn.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre I cut around a corner too close without checking and the guy hit me in the chest with an axe handle.

It was fecking lucky he only used the handle !
I've heard that some of thoses axes are pretty sharp and can cut through body armour.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
My ex-wife tried to cave my skull in with one of those heavy pub ashtrays. She threw it at me and I managed to duck - It actually embedded itself in the door behind me. The second time she slung a knife. Fortunately she was a pretty #ty aim.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
My ex-wife tried to cave my skull in with one of those heavy pub ashtrays. She threw it at me and I managed to duck - It actually embedded itself in the door behind me. The second time she slung a knife. Fortunately she was a pretty #ty aim.

Jesus pisky! That ex wife of yours must have been one crazy psycho bitch!

What did you do that piss her off?

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Here are some images of the fire.

incredible pictures !!! it looks as if your house was a total loss.....was it ?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
Two events come to mind.

The closest I've come to actually being murdered on purpose was when an ex girlfriend (who had deep mental issues) took a baseball bat to me. I was lying on the floor, she took a baseball bat and swung down at my head. I tried to jump out of the way and she hit me in the ribs instead. She broke four of them, they still hurt and the event was over 10 years ago.

my god zzub that is the best story yet ....
Do you have bad dreams from it or does it seem to bother you when your awake .....?
If you would have rounded the corner a second later, do you think you would have been killed? or injured?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
[incredible pictures !!! it looks as if your house was a total loss.....was it ?

The garage and breezeway to the house was burned to the ground and the inside of the house was gutted, everything burned. Between the fire and water damage nothing survived. We ended up rebuilding the same house in the same location after living in a hotel for months.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Jesus pisky! That ex wife of yours must have been one crazy psycho bitch!

What did you do that piss her off?

I believe I criticised her choice of business partner. Basically, I told her that he was a chancer and she didn't like her business acumen being challenged. Out of interest (and because I'm a smug bastard
) they went out of business about a year after we split.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
It was fecking lucky he only used the handle !
I've heard that some of thoses axes are pretty sharp and can cut through body armour.

Luck is an understatement. The guy I was chasing grabbed up the first thing he got his hands on off the back porch of the house he ran behind. The owner of the house was an old fellow who made extra money sharpening and repairing tools, so there were lots of extra handles for axes, shovels, etc. Also on the porch were nice, new sharpened axes, picks, lawnmower blades ...you get the idea. I am very pleased that the perp did not take more time to carefully select a weapon or aim a few inches higher or lower with the one he did grab.

Allow me to day that I am very pleased that Pisky didn't get brained or stabbed, kinglizard did not get burned, Zzub didn't get blown up, and that the others who doubtless have their own stories made it though OK!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
watcheroftheskies and Ocelot, I was lucky enough to not see human carnage. just after if happened, the police were on scene, so I never wandered into the actual blast zone. I did see severely injured horses being put down. I got the date wrong. It was the early 80's. I was convinced it was '86, but I'm obviously getting old.

newsimg.bbc.co.uk...

This was the extent of it. I think there were only a couple of people who were killed. There was lots of horse blood. I don't ever dream of it, but it is part of me, I often think about it. It brings a tear to my eye. I could have been killed, but to be honest, I've come closer to splat on a motorbike than I was on that day, I was lucky.

I'm glad all you guys are ok. Life can be extinguished in an instant.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I was once attacked by a gang of 16-18 year olds looking for me because a girl in school said something to one of them like "that kid could whip your ass"(which to this day i don't know what she actually said!).
Armed with knives, baseball bats, knuckledusters etc, there were more than ten of them, and a few of them just watching.
They all approached me at the same time, encircling me,
someone yelled "get him", they jumped at me, i punched at one guy and literally performed a aerial cartwheel over the approaching gang leaders head, jumped over a large wall and i ran for my friggin life!, before those airheads knew it i was long gone,
i wish i has that little escapade on camera!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Nobody has ever tried to kill me but I have been in a couple of situations where I could have been.

I've been in a couple of serious car wrecks that if it wasnt for the seatbelt I wouldnt be here.

Another time I feel down some stairs and I came very close to breaking my neck and getting my a$$ paralyzed or worse.

Ive been involved in other situations where things could have gone worse but I always managed to come out of them ok.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Once, I was stabed in the right cheek. I assume He was tring to kill me.

It was 93-94 I think, It was the superbowl sunday. The first year of the 90s, the cowboys won.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join