It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever tried to kill you !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Zuzubar thanks his lucky stars everyday he lives. I once got caught in a riptide but i used my smarts to get out of there. Most people would have died but I am not an idiot and I did NOT swim towards the shore. If your question was if SOMEONE has tried to murder me the answer is no.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
Id like to know if anyone has ever tried to kill you !

Maybe you were in a war zone serving in the armed forces ?

Maybe you were in a gang and someone tried to kill you!

Maybe you were a spy? or you really pissed someone off ?

Maybe you got caught in the line of fire in some incident?

There could be a thousand reasons for someone trying to kill you and id like to know why they tried to kill you and what they tried to kill you with (maybe they tried to kill you with there bare hands!)
or maybe you dont want to tell anyone and just let us know someone tried to kill you once.

Well depends on what context your looking at. Ive done some hard drugs and you could say in a way that the drug dealer was trying to kill me. But thats a arguable topic, cause you could also say that it wa me being self destructive. so no, Ive never been the target of someones plot to kill me.........that I know of.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yes, but it was not intentional.

When I was very, very, young. In fact I don't even remember this personally, I just know the story. My Sister and my Cousin had wrapped the 'Pull String' of the Curtain around my neck and put me up on the top of a dresser. They were about to push me off so that they could "Swing Me", but my mother walked in the room right then and saved me. (BTW, my Sister and Cousin were probably only like 5 or something and didn't realize what they were about to do. So they say. I have my suspicions though!!)

For the most part, unless the 'mark' is someone who is protected, I can't imagine that it's a very difficult task to Kill anyone. Just killing someone who lives a life of any other average person, would be pretty easy. Getting away with it, without consequences is really the difficult part.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
Well depends on what context your looking at. Ive done some hard drugs and you could say in a way that the drug dealer was trying to kill me. But thats a arguable topic, cause you could also say that it wa me being self destructive. so no, Ive never been the target of someones plot to kill me.........that I know of.

I can almost guarentee you that 'your dealer' wasn't trying to kill you by selling you drugs. He probably didn't give a thought to you other than those few seconds making a transaction, most likely. But I doubt he wanted you dead. Dealers want and need Customers and those customers also must be alive.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
A little kid belonging to a freind of the family tried to stab me with a knife. He was about 5 so I'm pretty sure he didn't know what he was doing but he came very close to landing a few stabs in my stomach. I thought it was kind of funny at the time but the kid sure did seem determined to put a few holes in me. I honestly did not do a damn thing to disturb this kid, I guess what he thought he was playing with was a toy and could do no damage, even though it was a gnarly looking combat/fishing knife.

Man, that's bizarre! The same thing happened to me! My friend's eeeevil son had a knife and stuck me with it as I took from him. His drunk mom looked on and then told him she'd whip his ass if he did it again. I couldn't believe it.

During the Gulf War Iraqis tried to kill me & mine. Didn't work, tho.

To this day, I kind of jump when I hear a loud noise like a dumpster being slammed onto pavement from the back of a trash truck. No big deal, tho.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
What if something happened to you, and you "thought" you lived through it. Even to this day ?????

I have an interesting theory about what could happen when you are killed sometimes.

Like as if reality changes in the blink of an instant. For example with spectre what if you were actually hit with the axe end. And you died almost instantly as the axe severed your spine (entering just below the bottom of the rib cage) and so in someone elses version of reality, your dead, you died on the spot. But in your reality you were hit with the handle and so you survived and continue on about your life (so you think) when in reality you are really living in a dream state of your own making (seeing as to everyone else your dead). How would you know if you are really alive or not. How would you know if that person in the car next to you is really alive and living their own version of reality or if they are just a product of your reality that exist only as a filler in your enviroment?????

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have had those thoughts as well. It reminds me of the movie The Sixth Sense

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yup...more than once has some fool tried to take my life.

Normally with basic weapons like knives etc, though have also been fired upon. Have a nice stab wound to the left side of my body where some fool stuck me with a peeling-knife of all things, and left it there with just the handle hanging out...right to the very hilt of the knife...yeah, that smarted a little
A nice stitched wound to my left hand from blocking another knife attack, a indentation to the rear of my skull from a baseball bat, scar to the crown of my skull from a small hatchet...hahaha...lovely...

Though interestingly one of my most treasured scars was given to me by my own brother when he and I went through a phase of trying to kill eachother (hmmm, don't most brothers???) on the inside of my right forearm is an X shaped scar...which is where he stuck me right through a vien with a 'Philips' screwdriver...he was trying to stab me through the throat, but I brought my arm up to block that and it buried itself into my forearm.

Not to worry...we also tried to kill eachother with axes, threw knives at eachother and one day I also tried to shoot his ass with my .22 rifle as he hide behind a concrete BBQ. But...we're totally close now and would waste anyone who so much as looked at the other wrong...

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
What if something happened to you, and you "thought" you lived through it. Even to this day ?????

I have an interesting theory about what could happen when you are killed sometimes.

Like as if reality changes in the blink of an instant. For example with spectre what if you were actually hit with the axe end. And you died almost instantly as the axe severed your spine (entering just below the bottom of the rib cage) and so in someone elses version of reality, your dead, you died on the spot. But in your reality you were hit with the handle and so you survived and continue on about your life (so you think) when in reality you are really living in a dream state of your own making (seeing as to everyone else your dead). How would you know if you are really alive or not. How would you know if that person in the car next to you is really alive and living their own version of reality or if they are just a product of your reality that exist only as a filler in your enviroment?????

ive thought of something very similiar and i think it may come from prenatal knowledge of previous lives.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The only person that has ever tried to kill me was my ex-husband. He was obsessed which made him very mean. We were in a hotel room with our daughter, who was about 1 and he tried to strangle me with his bare hands. I remember the light slowly becoming a smaller and smaller circle with darkness all around it, and all I could keep seeing was how scared my daughter looked. Luckily for me, he stopped. Not the closest to death I have come, but the closest time intentionally.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I haven't been in situations as bad as any of you, but I still have been in situations. Not quite sure if I would of died, probably not - but they would of changed my life.

The first incident, was when I was about 5 I think it was, my parents had just bought me one of those toy tractors which you can ride (the blue ones). I was in the garden, with one of our dogs - who happened to be a very scary dog. For some reason which I cannot remember I suddenly started chasing him on the tractor, I cornered him - and then he jumped at me and bit my face. I was very lucky not to lose an eye. I still have the scars underneath my right eye.

Another inident is dog related again, lol... I was about 8 I think, and we had just gotten a new dog. She was alongside one of the sofas chewing one of her toys - I walked past to go into the kitchen - and she obviously thought I was trying to steal her toy (you know dogs can be very protective of their things). She jumped at me and sunk her teeth into my stomache - I was very lucky apprently - I still have those scars also.

We still have her, (had her for 8 years now) - she is the best dog we have ever had; lovely soppy dog (although she wasn't when we first got her as you can tell, lol) - but a brilliant guard dog.

And finally, the other cases were when I was at a summer holiday schooling thing (this was when I was about 10) we went swimming - and some other kid, jumped on me - and kept me under water for about 1-2 minutes (when you were not expecting it, that is a long time) - he did this 3 times. I don't know what the hell he was trying to do, but I nearly died.

Anyways, those are my [less serious] incidents.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix

Yeah, that idea or similar is probably as old as Life & Death itself actually. (Or since people started coming up with theories to explain it anyway.) That type of theory is where you get ideas like 'Ghosts, Lost Spirits, Ethereal Plane Existence, etc.' Plus I'm sure there are more than enough stories within Buddhist Bardo Levels dealing with that idea. As well as afterlife states of being like Limbo or even more modern theories dealing with the combination of 'Many Worlds Theory' and the Afterlife. Basically, when you die you simply shift to one of the other Alternate Realities, which can vary from being totally different to almost exactly the same as the Reality you just left.

What's interesting is how different theories dealing with this type of instant change from one life to another is viewed. While one theory may come from a perspective where each transition has no specific reason behind where you end up, another may explain it from the perspective where each transition has meaning which depends upon the lessons or choices from the previous life which decides the next. Then their is the Buddhist style where you have Reincarnation along with Karma which acts in deciding the future course of a life. But with an eventual goal of learning to free oneself from all attachments and no longer having to suffer through any more physical reincarnations anymore.

Speaking of Buddhist Reincarnation style deaths and so forth, I have always found it funny that there within the Way to Enlightenment & Freedom from Physical Death after Death, there is a 'catch 22'. For those not familiar with Reincarnation, especially from a Buddhist perspective I'll explain what I mean in a Very Simple Way. (note: Very Simple, meaning this is like a super simple Buddhist Reincarnation Cliff Notes explanation only.)

Basically, all life within the Physical/Mortal realm deals with suffering, or a state of being which is unsatisfactory. No matter how good or rich or whatever, there is always some degree of suffering which cannot be avoided, because of the fact that at the root of this existence lies the Duality of all things. This duality of opposites which are locked in a endless exchange of energy makes for a reality where the activity of the Reality is an 'Unbalance' constantly in Flux or Motion, resulting in a state of being 'Unsatisfied' for lack of better terms. Now, to escape suffering requires a total balance of oneself with Everything, or within the Tao you could say. Attachment to material feelings or things at time of death is what binds you to the physical realm, and is why it is repeated (reincarnation) until balance/enlightenment can be obtained. But here is the catch 22. The Path to Enlightenment is the Path one takes to fully understand and Be in Balance and Harmony.(To just Be in the State of Being. To Flow as the Tao flows, neither trying to lead nor being led.) However, Enlightenment IS that State of Being. So, to become 'Aware/Enlightened' is to Become(Balanced/Complete/etc.) yet to Be(Balanced/Complete/etc.) Is to Be Enlightened.

Does that makes sense???

(BTW, I think I have slightly De-Railed or Hijacked this Thread into a direction of one of it's Sub-Topics. I am sorry about that, and will edit(relocate) this Subtopic Idea to a new thread if the Originator of this thread desires. Either way, I'll end this here.)

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Not only did they several times try once they even did technically.

I have been shot in through the chest and out through my side. I died on the table and had an OBE.

I had a shell fragment that vaporized the upper half of a man beside almost blow my right hand off.

I was hit in the face by a piece of skull from a FNG beside me ( the brains and blood all over my face made me think I was the one shot)

I was temporary blinded from powder burns taking a gun away from my ex-wife in a car as she tried to shoot me.

I was stabbed in a bar fight with another group of Bikers

That doesnt count all the near misses and other fights

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I to have had someone try to sink a blade in me.

This was when I was about 13 or 14 years old. I was at a friends house and we were wrestling with his older brother. The two of us jumped the younger (who was about my age as well) and I could tell he was getting upset. We worked on him for a few more minutes until' I tryed to plant a fake kick to his head (like in the wrestling shows). Instead I actually land it.....then he becomes infuriated with anger and runs towards the kitchen to fetch something outta the drawer. I already had an idea what it was but I was already out the door. As I'm walking down the street I hear the guy coming up on me with a 6-8 inch hunting knife. I started to run for my life because the look in his eyes was promising. We ran for a few blocks then he gave up thank the lord. A few years ago we spent some time in high school together while attending a few parties and getting smashed as well. We are good friends again.

Another time I was 8 or 9 years old and I was swimming in my grandparent's pool while my mother was on one of them BIG rafts floating around. I dove off the diving board, swam around for a little bit underwater. As I went up to find air....I found myself under the raft trying to work my way around it seeking air. Eventually a freind of my uncle pulled me out from underneath because he was appearantly the only one who noticed I was in danger.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Originally posted by MOjOm

Basically, all life within the Physical/Mortal realm deals with suffering, or a state of being which is unsatisfactory. No matter how good or rich or whatever, there is always some degree of suffering which cannot be avoided, because of the fact that at the root of this existence lies the Duality of all things. This duality of opposites which are locked in a endless exchange of energy makes for a reality where the activity of the Reality is an 'Unbalance' constantly in Flux or Motion, resulting in a state of being 'Unsatisfied' for lack of better terms. Now, to escape suffering requires a total balance of oneself with Everything, or within the Tao you could say. Attachment to material feelings or things at time of death is what binds you to the physical realm, and is why it is repeated (reincarnation) until balance/enlightenment can be obtained. But here is the catch 22. The Path to Enlightenment is the Path one takes to fully understand and Be in Balance and Harmony.(To just Be in the State of Being. To Flow as the Tao flows, neither trying to lead nor being led.) However, Enlightenment IS that State of Being. So, to become 'Aware/Enlightened' is to Become(Balanced/Complete/etc.) yet to Be(Balanced/Complete/etc.) Is to Be Enlightened.

Does that makes sense???

(BTW, I think I have slightly De-Railed or Hijacked this Thread into a direction of one of it's Sub-Topics. I am sorry about that, and will edit(relocate) this Subtopic Idea to a new thread if the Originator of this thread desires. Either way, I'll end this here.) [/quote

Do not let pleasure distract you from meditation,from the way.

Free yourself from pleasure and pain .
For in craving pleasure or in nursing pain.
There is only sorrow.

like nothing lest you lose it , lest it bring you grief and fear.
Go beyond likes and dislikes ...

From passion and desire,
sensuousness and lust,
arise grief and fear.
Free your self from attachment.

From the Dhammapada.....

By the way mOjOm how is jezebel doing ? Tell her watcher of the skies says hi !

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I have been shot in through the chest and out through my side. I died on the table and had an OBE.

I had a shell fragment that vaporized the upper half of a man beside almost blow my right hand off.

I was hit in the face by a piece of skull from a FNG beside me ( the brains and blood all over my face made me think I was the one shot)

I was temporary blinded from powder burns taking a gun away from my ex-wife in a car as she tried to shoot me.

I was stabbed in a bar fight with another group of Bikers

That doesnt count all the near misses and other fights

You have the same kind of stories as my Dad. Minus the ones where you are fighting in the middle of a war, getting blown up, shot, etc. My Dad was stuck in a missle silo for his military career.

But he has a scar on his head that is basically a groove that runs across the top of his skull through 2 of the 3 layers. That came from a Bar fight at one point where he was bashed in the head with a full bottle of something.

He's got a variety of stories about almost being killed from motorcycle accidents, fights, electricuted, etc.

One of my favorites is how his heel of his foot got chopped off as a kid by getting it stuck in the spokes of his sisters bike while riding on the handlebars. They sewed it back on though and he got most the feeling back. (I of course told him I didn't believe him, so he took a bic lighter and sat calmly while burning the still 'dead' part of his heel to show me he was serious.)

My Dad would probably get along great with you Amuk. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if at some point, you may have been in the same Bar Fight together. Ever almost kill a guy by splitting his head open with a full whiskey bottle??

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

------------------------------------------------------------------------

i know you were in vietnam amuk and so was my dad and he had some near misses ....when were you in ?

my dad was in 67 to 68 and was in the first of the ninth (air cav) and spent a lot of time in the central highlands

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Oh Everyone had near death experiences except for me. The nearest I ever came to death was crossing the street.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Your stories put mine in the shade.
I was climbing a tree with a friend of mine when we started arguing (can't remember what it was about).
She pushed me out of the tree. Luckily I was only about 10 feet up and all I got was a bump on the head, but its still scary to think that if I'd been higher I may not be here now.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ah, here is a good one I almost forgot about.

Back when I was a kid, probably like 7, give or take a year or two, I went for a picnic with my Sister and Grandma and Grandpa in the Mountains where they lived. We had to take the path to the top of the mountain which kinda wound it's way up the whole thing. Well on the way back down I slipped off the path, right at the spot where there was a drop off that was just shy of being a shear edge. I would have just slid to who knows where down the side of the mountain, probably rolling and tumbling more than sliding. However, I somehow, in one quick reflex grasp for anything, one of my fingers latched onto one of my sisters Belt Loops. Luckily she grabbed Grams or Gramps or she'd have joined me. I still remember that day so clearly. It was just a flash between 'Falling!! to Hanging there by one Finger!! & thinking how in the world did my finger snag that loop?? Man I was soooooo lucky!!!! Just think if she had worn a dress or something!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join