It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb em baby

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

i mean we took out one of israels biggest enemy and iraq isnt hostile to you anymore.

What!?!?!?!?

Maybe the old regime is gone but I really doubt that the animosity of arabs vs. jews has just evaporated.

As far as the bombing idea......No dice. We need to work to de-escelate the problem not add fuel to the fire. Just pulling out would condemn us as criminals for the rest of history because of the horrific civil war that would ensue. I say we just stabalize the country to the best of our ability and then get out as soon as we can. We're still trying to teach these people how to run a representitive government, something not seen there in over a generation.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2

i mean we took out one of israels biggest enemy and iraq isnt hostile to you anymore.

What!?!?!?!?

Maybe the old regime is gone but I really doubt that the animosity of arabs vs. jews has just evaporated.

As far as the bombing idea......No dice. We need to work to de-escelate the problem not add fuel to the fire. Just pulling out would condemn us as criminals for the rest of history because of the horrific civil war that would ensue. I say we just stabalize the country to the best of our ability and then get out as soon as we can. We're still trying to teach these people how to run a representitive government, something not seen there in over a generation.

i didnt say the whole arab vs jew thing had changed, i meant one of israels military threats was gone, and also i dont agree with more bombing, i dont think it would do any good either.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What do you get when you kill 1 terror-ist with a thousand pound bomb? Well you get 1 dead terror-ist and a bunch of dead 'innocents' and nothing gets people pissed off more than their friends and relatives are being indiscriminately killed by high tech toys.

If I were an Iraqi I would have probably hung back to see what the Americans were going to do now that they have 'liberated' us.

Well it isn't looking too good, they're not to far behind how many would have been killed under Sadam in the past year and they have 10's of thousands of Iraqi's locked up (see kidnapped) with no charges, or hope for release in anything that we would consider a reasonable time frame.

How is this winning the 'Hearts and Minds" if the Iraqi's.
NO WMD's, no connection between Hussein and Bin Laden (both former good friends of the US govt). No rational for going at all as the liberation/freedom angle is quickly going down the toilet if it ever had any legs to begin with.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
More testosterone-charged drones calling for death and destruction. Hasn't there been enough killing ?????
What the hell is wrong with people these days ? All they think of is violence and death. Don't like someone - lets kick his ass. Don't like a country? - lets nuke it.
For God's sake, lets all get a grip before there's nothing left to get a grip of !!!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Raven
More testosterone-charged drones calling for death and destruction. Hasn't there been enough killing ?????
What the hell is wrong with people these days ? All they think of is violence and death. Don't like someone - lets kick his ass. Don't like a country? - lets nuke it.
For God's sake, lets all get a grip before there's nothing left to get a grip of !!!

you are making it more smple than it really is, noone is going around nuking other countries because they dont like them, im sure if we hated iraq we wouldnt be there still trying to repair everything and risking our civilians and soldiers lives doing so.

im sure our military doesnt like going to war, they got screwed over by rumsfeld and the bush administration's poor planning, if the military was allowed to operate the way it wanted this situation would be far better than it is.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
im sure our military doesnt like going to war, they got screwed over by rumsfeld and the bush administration's poor planning, if the military was allowed to operate the way it wanted this situation would be far better than it is.

I daresay that if the US hadn't had such people as the Bushes running it, the military wouldn't be in Iraq now. Either that or they would have taken down Saddam in the first Gulf War rather than leaving him there for another decade.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
I daresay that if the US hadn't had such people as the Bushes running it, the military wouldn't be in Iraq now. Either that or they would have taken down Saddam in the first Gulf War rather than leaving him there for another decade.

True, the military would be gutted while at the same time we would be bombing Iraq whenever bad press came out about the administraton, or more specifically, the president.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Raven
More testosterone-charged drones calling for death and destruction.

I dont think you can write this off as testosterone charged rantings, the people who have argued for the destruction of Fallujah are genuinely frustrated at how the military efforts in Iraq are being undercut, misrepresented, and ultimately hurt by the coverage this incident is receiving.

Dont cop out to female ignorance.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Is the author of this thread serious? Is it even possible for a human to be this ignorant and blindly patriotic? The reason this is a horrible idea is because, if we did this, the Jihadists would only have even more reasons (plural becasue of the number of people that would be killed) to wage their 'holy-war'. In addition to the Jihad minded Middle-Easterns, the REST OF THE WORLD probably wouldn't approve.

You must be 13 or one of those other 'pseudo-toughguy' ages Mr. Author.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by xenophanes85]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
No, I was just stating my opinion. Thats all.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
That is so stupid. What about the innocent people. I'm sure many of the people moved out of the country, so if the country were to be bombed, those people outside the country could attack us, probably worse then before.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join