It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Readies Youth Corps To Take On Vets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
www.infowars.com...

“Ten minutes into arrant mayhem in this town near the Mexican border, and the gunman, a disgruntled Iraq war veteran, has already taken out two people, one slumped in his desk, the other covered in blood on the floor,” begins a shocking New York Times article reporting on how the Boy Scouts are being trained to take on domestic terrorists, which apparently would include war veterans and American citizens if the Homeland Security definition of a terrorist is to be applied.

Homeland Security and the FBI are behind the effort to indoctrinate and train the Boy Scouts to become tomorrow’s Gestapo. “Our end goal is to create more agents,” April McKee, a senior Border Patrol agent, told the Times. “Before it was more about the basics,” said Johnny Longoria, a Border Patrol agent. “But now our emphasis is on terrorism, illegal entry, drugs and human smuggling.”

Is this the literal creation of Hitler-Jugend style youth brigades designed to act as the front line for eventual programs of mass internment and gun confiscation in the advent of a national emergency?

In Nazi Germany, the Hitler Youth succeeded the Boy Scout movement. Hitler Youth training was militarized in comparison to the Boy Scout network, which was largely based around education. Boys aged fourteen and upwards, as well as a separate branch aged 10-14, were trained at preparatory schools to become future Nazi leaders. At its height in 1940, and after it had become mandatory to join, the Hitler Youth boasted no less than 8 million members.

Oh nice.

I guess it's much easier to train Amerika's teenagers to accept that anyone protesting or assembling against the government should be shot or hauled away to internment camps? Jesus.

In other situations, Boy Scouts are trained to disarm “suspected terrorists” and subdue them, including Iraq war veterans.

Scouts are trained to identify the enemy. In a competition in Arizona, one role-player wore traditional Arab dress. “If we’re looking at 9/11 and what a Middle Eastern terrorist would be like,” said A. J. Lowenthal, a sheriff’s deputy in Imperial County, California, “then maybe your role-player would look like that. I don’t know, would you call that politically incorrect?”

Politically correct or not, Homeland Security and the FBI realize Arabs are not the enemy — “rightwing extremists” are.

Last month, Infowars reported on a document produced by the Department of Homeland Security’s National Infrastructure Coordinating Center identifying advocates of the Second Amendment, veterans, pro-life activists, and militia members as dangerous terrorists. A subsequent DHS document, entitled “Domestic Extremism Lexicon,” pinpointed “antigovernment” types “rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority” as possible terrorists. “Islamic groups are specifically excluded from this document,” writes Benjamin Sarlin for the Daily Beast.

Well maybe it's time American parents said a huge resounding NO to this. And maybe it's time parents started a little "youth corps" of their own with their kids: call it the "Truth Corps." They can train them to identify and kill the real domestic enemies.

Just go ahead and burn the constitution already, DHS. :shk: Powers not specifically enumerated to the federal government are supposed to be in the hands of the states or the people.

And with this, I also have to ask: What are they teaching these gullible kids that they would so ignore the fact that Iraq vets (or any vet for that mater) have already dutifully served their country? Are they that stupid that they can't see the NWO will do the exact same to them?

[edit on Sun May 17th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

This reminds me of Obama's Civilian National Security Forces recruiting kids. My kids will have no part in it. As a Parent I will decide what is best for my children.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Okay now i have some questions. I used to be a Mormon and boy scouting is one of the programs that they do with the boys and this stuff just sounds too far out there to me. It has been about 5 years since my involvement with the church and the children's programs but this just sounds too out there for me.

I do like AJ but he is over the top sometimes. Is there any information from the BSA on this topic or are we to just accept AJ's say so on this? I just cannot see the boy scouts instructing even the eagle scouts in disarming terrorists!

Now this mandatory volunteering that is a whole other story. Rahm Emmanuel and his idea of a basic training for all young adults is outrageous and my kids will have no part in it. One thing I can assure you if he tries to force this on people the very same people that pounded the city streets for him are going to turn on him like vipers, mark my words on that one.

I just don't buy that the boy scouts are in the business of training anti terrorism forces. I think AJ is stretching here. But if wrong show me a link. red

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I just don't buy that the boy scouts are in the business of training anti terrorism forces. I think AJ is stretching here. But if wrong show me a link. red

How about the New York Times? Will that do?

www.nytimes.com...

Man, this is just bizarre I tell ya. They send these vets to a war fought for oil, lie about it, and turn around and start training the vets' own kids to kill them?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yeah, i've heard about those youth brigades, but i didn't think they were actually real and they are going to use them against the veterans.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by redhead57

How about the New York Times? Will that do?

www.nytimes.com...

Man, this is just bizarre I tell ya. They send these vets to a war fought for oil, lie about it, and turn around and start training the vets' own kids to kill them?

Well shut my mouth and slap my face!!!

Is this what the Boy Scouts have come to? I sat and read that with my mouth hanging open, this is what they think kids, 13 and 14 year old KIDS should be doing and learning. This is a far cry from my days of girl scouts back too many years ago to matter. It was about learning some camping and useful survival and social skills, not to become trained thugs.

Great post S&F for you for real.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This is already being discussed over here.

Boy Scouts Train to Become Homeland Gestapo

Not for want of anything more than saving time, I’m not going to do anything more than quote my posts there as well as include the links I submitted there.

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by timewalker

Okay, I have to step in here a bit, and disagree to an extent.
Now, while I speak on conspiracy theories, and my repulsion of Government cover-ups, etc, here on ATS, I think InfoWars has gone a bit bonkers here.

I created this thread here to talk a bit about Boy Scouts in the Survival Techniques Forum.
Boy Scouts : International : Survival : All Scouting Organizations

The reason being of course, that I am a Boy Scout adult leader.

Talk about a bit of over-hype if you ask me.

I am an adult volunteer within the Boy Scouts of America, and I love it, because it teaches you about "Be Prepared."

I was while in High School, a Police Explorer, and while I cannot speak about the current aspects necessarily of what they teach youth, when I was in it we were being taught about everything Law Enforcement, dressing like Law Enforcement Officers, training like them, showing presence like them.

The biggest difference was we had no access to guns or weapons, being youth.

Again, I cannot speak directly about the Explorer Program right now, but, Homeland Gestapo?

I don't think so.[edit on 15-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

Do you really mean to tell me you believe Boy Scouts are trained to kill?

reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I think InfoWars is a bit off the mark on this one.

While they are training with Law Enforcement Officers, there are policies, procedures, and protocols that they utilize in order to do what they do. The bad cops you always hear about or read about in the papers are usually either rookies cutting their teeth, making major mistakes, or the perpetrator is blowing their story out of proportion because of their ignorance of the law they broke.

And yes, I know racial profiling happens, I wholeheartedly disagree with it.

A person, whether a Police Officer, a perpetrator, or an average citizen does what they do, based on their life experiences, knowledge, and education level.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

Why are ATS'ers out and out listening to anything Alex Jones says, and just running with it, without investigating it for themselves?

Read the name of the site. Info Wars. Meaning "Information Warfare"
Prison Planet. The name is not stating whether it is freeing, or imprisoning the planet.

If it were my website, I would have named it Freeing the Prison Planet.
Words, hold meaning, their intent holds power, and through that, motivates people to an end, through a means of information.

That's called propaganda.

Propaganda works both ways, there is the story in the middle.

For anyone who might want to do some digging of their own for information, you can go to a few of these websites.

World Organization of the Scout Movement

Boy Scouts of America : National Council

ScoutTube

By posting those links here, I am not condoning people to start trashing the B.S.A.
After I post them here, you're doing with them, what you will.

Check out the websites for yourself.

My take on Alex Jones is that he is a shill, placed out there, to agitate people into action.

This would be a way to distract people away from peaceful and intelligent action.

A shill is like a mole, they have an agenda, and they aim to complete it.

No problem.

I always try to research many websites about a particular story.

I investigate before I submit one to Breaking Alternative News.

That way I'm not only reading as much as possible, but as well I'm supplying information for other people to come to their own conclusions.

The Boy Scouts of America, overall, is an excellent program.

I have been an adult leader now for three years and I love it.

This is somewhat ignorant of Alex Jones to do. Was he a Boy Scout?

I did the same after you mentioned it. I appreciate that.

If you check out some of my threads in my signature, you will see I do not agree 100% with Government.

That is of course though because I am intelligent and I investigate.

I began learning about how to dig for information when I was a boy of six.

Read up on it and let me know what you think.

reply to post by jeffbagpiper

Like I've stated before, Scouting is a great program in its own right.

They teach anything and everything someone might want to learn of their own volition.

It is an international organization as well and it teaches values to strengthen character.

I for one believe Alex Jones is blowing things out of proportion, he's got an agenda, and from day one I have never trusted him, not because of anything he says or does, but he smells like a poison-rat, set amongst the mice that the Piped-Piper of Hamlin is leading off to be run off a cliff.
I always trust my senses, they are finely tuned and honed to detect nonsense.

Boy Scouts 100 year anniversary is next year. Alex Jones is how old?

reply to post by muzzleflash

The Boy Scouts of America do not teach children to kill.

The Explorer Program, is a branch of the Boy Scouts, the government utilizes to teach certain things about Government.

This means that it a separate entity, within Boy Scouts, a branch, separate, but similar.

Boy Scouts do not kill, period.

Originally posted by Badgered1

Mostly funded and operated by the LDS.

The BSA today is NOT your Daddy's BSA.

Okay, are you now, or were you a Boy Scout?
The Boy Scouts of America are not "mostly" funded and operated by L.D.S..

While I will state that there are L.D.S. Unit's, they are a minority, so please check your facts.

Again, I am an adult Boy Scout leader, so I do know a thing or two.

"Mutters" about people who assume and don't fact check.[edit on 15-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

Read up on L.D.S. Then come talk about them.

reply to post by cbianchi513

For people to go out and find out information for themselves is one of the best ways to find out fact from fiction.

How about people focus on real threats, like the current Pope, who was a Hitler youth.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You get a flag, simply for the title.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day, and perhaps one of the scariest.

Can you imagine all these little kids lined up on one side, BB Guns and Tazers in hand. On the other side Old War Vets in wheelchairs with prostetic limbs.

What a sight!

But seriously, this whole Youth Corps Idea, along with Obama asking congress to allow him to put them into active military duty as young as 16. Things are getting out of hand with him.

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

"Boy Scouts do not kill, period. "

Boy Scouts do not kill, yet.

There, FTFY.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Your analytical thinking patterns are far from being objective and leave a ton to be desired. Opps, wait, I know why: You drudge your sourcings from the likes of infowars, the defunct and ailing NYT, etc. and then expect us to play along? I'd wager that you, sir, are more part of the problem than any part of a so-called solution. Critical thinking for the win....not.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Be ashamed of yourself! The Scouts are great for kids. WHat a load of AJ drivle.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Alex Jones is a joke IMO, I don't agree with a lot of US policy on terrorism but one MUST understand the nature of terrorism themselves rather then sitting on a computer or watching TV and taking everything they hear as true. What about all the innocent men ,women, and children that these terrorists kill every day it seems?

Saying that they are readying them to take on "Vets" and other non-terrorism groups is just ridiculous. Maybe they are, I don't know. But the truth is Alex Jones is not the source I would believe.

Do I think the US is controlled by a shadow government? YES I do, but trust me the people and forces are already in place and already controlling people, hence the "shadow" term. I believe it is a ambiguous stretch to state that the government is openly training youths to go "S.S." on American citizens. I don't think people understand sometimes the meaning of a "shadow government".

But lets' stop bashing the youth okay? They are not responsible for this, so don't blame them.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think what is disturbing to me about this, is that they are training children to do what an adult should do. If it came down between the fight with a vet who has seen combat and a 16yo with a bb, pelet gun and a tazer, my money is on the vet. All this is going to do is get children hurt, if they are actually used. On the flip side, let a few gang bangers join this and you create something far worse. I believe that children should not be involved in this. Teaching them to recognize and inform, is one thing, but to deal with a hijacking or a raid on a drug farm just goes to far. I like on the boarder with Mexico, and the most I tend to want is that the violence to calm down and not to spill over to where I live.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Yea, but why not train children who are interested in DHS from an early age? It is not like anyone is forcing them. This world would be at a peace level never before seen if it wasn't for terrorism. So it is nessicary to take drastic measures to stop it.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I might add also that everyone might want to watch "Body of Lies" starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russel Crow. It is an accurate account of the terror situation IMO. Not everything has to be a conspiracy, when in fact the real conspiracy remains unknown.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Interesting the number of instances of sexual misconduct between the instructors and children.

Several years ago, two University of Nebraska criminal justice professors published a study that found at least a dozen cases of sexual abuse involving police officers over the last decade.

Now, compare with the Wandervogel organization in early 20th century Germany. Are we seeing yet another parallel between the USA now and the rise of Hitler's Germany?

the Young Wandervogel movement, an organization similar to the Boy Scouts, but emphasizing a more romantic view of nature. Young Wandervogel was itself spawned by the Wandervogel movement and was quite open about its gay / pederastic tendencies, although this kind of affection was supposed to be expressed in a mostly nonsexual way. The founding of Young Wandervogel happened largely as a reaction to the public scandal about the erotic tendencies in Wandervogel, which was said to alienate young men from women.

www.knowledgerush.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be shut down as a repeat thread mods? Last time I checked I wasn't being indoctrinated into a pro-Obama youth corps. In fact my instructor/advisor doesn't really care too much for the man.
So yeah, this thread should be shut down in 3, 2, 1...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
First of all, I never saw that other thread. Second, a search here for exact title turned up nothing that seemed relevant that I could see. Third, I believe this thread is still valid under the two thread rule when one is in Breaking Alternative News.

Originally posted by Seekerof
Your analytical thinking patterns are far from being objective and leave a ton to be desired.

Well gee Seeker...The last person around here I would expect to attack the messenger and not the message would be you! I thought we had T&C's against that? Maybe you should re-read them?

So you wanna fight do ya? You're gonna lose on this one pal.

Opps, wait, I know why: You drudge your sourcings from the likes of infowars, the defunct and ailing NYT, etc. and then expect us to play along?

I can't believe you are going to play attack the source on this with me Seeker. If anyone is showing a severe lack of critical thinking skills here, it damn sure ain't me. I am not even going to go there with you, and in fact, I am going to submit an alert complaint about your post- again, never in my wildest dreams would I have ever expected to do so on someone like you here.

I'd wager that you, sir, are more part of the problem than any part of a so-called solution. Critical thinking for the win....not.

Oh, so now I am part of the problem? WTF? You are losing it man. You didn't state what the "problem" is, let alone showed how I am part of it! ?? And how can we have a solution to a problem when we don't know what the problem is?

So now I am part of an unspecified solution to an unspecified problem because I sourced Infowars and the New York Times? Lord have mercy. I could almost see it if I was sourcing Scorcha Faal or something. At least what apparently abhorrent critical thinking skills I have are enough to know that yours, in this case, need complete rewiring. !

:shk: Sheesh.

And furthermore, if Alex Jones is such a bad source, then you better find another website to frequent. In case you hadn't noticed, Alex Jones' film Endgame is all over the ATS media portal and has been there for quite some time. And you're off my friend's list too. I can't believe you'd take me off over this, but fine, have it your way.

[edit on Mon May 18th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Can anything that this man says anymore be trusted. He sounds more and more like a man with an agenda giving propaganda as hand outs everyday.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
Can anything that this man says anymore be trusted. He sounds more and more like a man with an agenda giving propaganda as hand outs everyday.

The OP has has given two sources, and one is Alex Jones. Just because Alex Jones has the same story and a critical opinion on that story, does not make his news un news worthy or the wrong in content.

People are to quick to debunk Alex Jones's news, as was shown in this thread MIAC Report. This thread had many pages of people trying to debunking the MIAC report, because Alex Jones broke the story. Many people had to eat their words when it was verified to be true.

I'm just saying that any story should be looked at for what it is, and not to debunk the story simply because its Alex Jones giving the story with his own critical perspective.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join