It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I just heard on the Channel Ten news here in Australia that Benny Hinn is here visiting and promoting "World Debt Free Day" or something on May 25th (all for a modest donation, of course) - perhaps this is the history-making event??!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
My sig still stands lol.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Maybe they finally linked up all the ancient civilizations to one source... or they are just coming clean of alien intervention in our history. good music vid, bunch of compelling vids in there.

[edit on 5/16/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by d2che
I'm pretty sure 90% of the human race don't even care about monkey bones no matter how significant it is.

That is because majority of the human race are philistines and have no appreciation towards science. However, the BBC documentary seems more fascinating. The book, by Colin Tudge, shows an arm that is not ape like nor human.

History Channel isn't suggesting this is the missing link, the BBC will be declaring it for their find.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
One dilemma.. ok let's say they found remains of an ancient race of aliens. We would have proof of alien existence, but would the government then disclose what THEY know? Doubt it.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Hey everyone, I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents too. lol I think this is really exciting whatever it is. Just cause of the fact that they really are extremely clever about how they marketed it. Everyone's soooo curious! hehe

Well, I did notice also that they changed the date from 44 million to 47 million (or something similar to that.) So, I decided to do some searching and see what exactly is 47 million years old or at least what pops up in the news.

This is what I found:
online.wsj.com...

It's basically the same thing you all are talking about. The fact that we may also be decendents of Lemurs. lol I dunno how to feel about that.

But, you guys may be right and it could be totally something unrelated, but I'm starting to think it's the same thing.

Oh well! We'll see what happens! Either way, they're geniuses. I wanna work for them. rofl

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Sorry if I've repeated a question here. I've checked the UK history channel web site listings and there is no mention of this. Also there is no gap in the schedule between 21.00 and 23.00.

Is this only gonna be aired in the usa?

Or are we in UK gonna see it on another day?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Not exactly sure if about UK's History Channel, but I just did another massive search to see what I could find out... and it seems that it really is the Lemur thing... Here's the link:

Library Bound Inc

It's exactly what the people said earlier about the "Untitled" book. Just go to the link and scroll down to "Untitled" and this is what it says:

ISBN:9780316070089 Library Bound #: 619216 Format: Hardcover Price: $28.99 Pub Date: May 2009 Lying inside a high security vault, deep within the heart of one of the world’s leading museums, is a discovery that will change textbooks, change science, and change how we understand the human race. The author of Untitled has been given exclusive access to all of the research and the team of top scientists who have been validating the discovery, the announcement of which will send shock waves around the world. The discovery will be announced at a major press conference followed by a media blitz and a documentary that will air on the History Channel following the press conference.

It even says it's to be on the History Channel.. So, that kinda explains that I guess.

(Btw, I hope I did that quote thing right. If not, could a mod let me know, or fix it for me?)

[edit on 16-5-2009 by ekhodust]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Seems like a whole pile of ado over next to nothing.

I personally still don't believe that I've evolved from an Ape, so it will probably be next life time that I get my head around evolving from a Lemur (whatever that is)

YAWN.....to History Channel. Me thinks there are way too many overblown egos in Paleantology (whatever) to think this is so ground breaking.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
this utter sucks i'm gonna flame History Channel for their blown up claims.

i don't give a toss if we came from apes i really don't it's pointless to know it's not "earth shattering" or "earth changing".

and why the conference on the 19th and not the 25th??

i have a lingering hope that this is a really clever cover to confuse us because of two "great" finds on two seperate channels. The Link and the other things...

who else agrees with this...

Nov 4th 2008 -Obama elected that was a groundbreaking achievement to be remembered in history.

July 20th 1969- Man lands on the moon thats earth shattering also to be remembered in History

not a bunch of monkey remains..

"oh hai guys remember May 25th 2009 when it was proven we came from apes?" that would suck with the other dates.

OH P.S to add to the glimmering hope it's something else..

The mission fulfilled President John F. Kennedy's goal of reaching the moon by the end of the 1960s, which he expressed during a speech given before a joint session of Congress on MAY 25TH 1961

"I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth."

whats with all the space dates of May 25th??? ok my glimmering hope stands!

70:30 70% it's the lemur 30% something else and this is clever marketing ploy.

[edit on 14/01/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
guys I know that a lot of you say that the bbc (Colin Tudge/The Link/David Attenborough) thing is different than what will appear on history channel but it's true that people have found the following website that says: "In what could prove to be a landmark discovery, a leading paleontologist said scientists have dug up the 47 million-year-old fossil of an ancient primate whose features suggest it could be the common ancestor of all later monkeys, apes and humans."

So it seems like a strange coincidence that this whole lemur bones thing is 47 million y ears old and that's exactly what the history channel says. So don't get excited evidence seems to suggest that the big event on may 25 on the history channel is just a discovery of another 'missing link' for humans connected to the modern lemur.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

read the comment of mine above yours i've got my own theory on it... i do have a glimmering hope it's something else as described in my post

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ekhodust

Can you really trust a scientist named "Gingerich"?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think this date may go down in history alright, as the biggest over-hyped let down.

Seriously though, even for you paleo fanatics, if this is "the" missing link is it really worthy of promoting "shockwaves through the world"?

Shockwaves implies a shake up, something shocking, almost unexpected. This lemur will not have that effect. The religious sect will still believe in god and go on with their lives as they always have.

One comment I read about missing links which I found humorous.....

Creationists see that each missing link found just opens 2 more gaps in the evolutionary chain.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
RIGHT! Bottom line, everyone is going to look pretty silly looking back on these posts in June 09. Until Grays, Reptilians et al are walking amongst us no one will truly believe.
Look at the number of posts on this thread its almost reaching fever pitch. We have far bigger issues than whether Aliens are amongst us, Humanity is still immature and not ready for things like this much as the 5% of us who are intelligent enough to understand the ramifications and will and want it to be released and acknowledged.
Iran is trying to build Nuclear infrastructure, most of africa is ungovernable due to corruption. Israel is desperate for security the CIS is bullying the world with its energy resources and China continues to pump out more CO2 than anything else.
What i'm trying to say is that our priorities are out of alignment. Most people in the world will not accept homosexuality and we want to acknowledge there is more than just homo sapiens. The implications for religion and faith what will happen to the bible belt? Islam? But it is ok because the Dalai Lama will make it all good. Wake up guys smell the coffee. The naiveity of all this is staggering. This is not meant as an insult lets try to have some objective, logical and rational thoughts on this not just regurgatated BS.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
History is important, regardless of what type of History it is. Even if the majority of the Earth's population don't care about their ancient origins that doesn't mean that it isn't important or ground breaking in its own right.

I mean the majority of those same people couldn't give a monkies about the discovery of Alien life either. Personally I care more about things directly to do with Earth than things to do with other planets or extra terrestrial, but that doesn't mean that both aren't as important as each other in the grand scheme of things.

For all anyone knows this ancient primate might never have been able to contract a specific condition or disease, a trait lost through selective breeding, evolution and genetic corruption through inbreeding but we wont know it's importance until it is studied.

Also for those already complaing, the History Channel hasn't overhyped this program as much as your claiming. It is your own standards and susceptibility to what hype there is that lead you to feeling you had been decieved. I'm sure many of you disclosure people would be just as upset and dissapointed if the first confirmed evidence of alien life disclosed was just some Alien equivelent to Mold or bacteria, rather than an 8ft tall reptilian humanoid.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
Creationists see that each missing link found just opens 2 more gaps in the evolutionary chain.

How many "Missing Links" are there??

I still haven't heard if there even is a missing link!

So is this "Lemur" a "Factual" "Missing Link," or just another "Separate" species of animal not assosiated to homosapeins, that died out due to various reasons unknown?

I hear some say dinosaurs evolved into present day animals...
i.e. "Velociraptor morphing into an Ostrich"

I thought the dinosaurs died out?

Or did they morph?
Or did some die and others morph?

Shouldn't we have fossils of a snout morphing into a beak?

What I hear alot from die-hard evolutionist preachers is that in order for any organism to turn into another kind of organism, there would need to be "ALOT" of positive, information-adding changes made to the DNA code of the creature doing the changing/morphing.

aka; Macro-Eevolution

Each part and its function of a living organism is determined by genetic information on the DNA molecule....

Never once have I witnessed an elephant morph into a gazzelle.
We have elephants, and we have gazzelle!

So how is it, that nature can swap genetic material amongst itself?

Which brings me to the "Irreducible Complexity" debate I'll use in the correct topic...

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Solofront]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It is an interesting point you make about History. But i find History
perpetuates its own importance. Statements such as "if you do not understand History you are doomed to repeat it" (NONSENSE) or "If you don't know where you have come from how do you know where you are going?" are spurious at best and downright nonsense at worst.
Why, thinking purely objectively, do i need to know what my forbears were like 47million years ago. It makes an interesting 1 hour special TV show and i say "Oh wow, isn't that amazing!" next morning i get up goto work and get on with my life. It makes zero difference to our lives.
History its interesting, but its not strictly necessary!

The human Gene Gnome is a great example of this. Great you mapped it have a Noble prize, now what the hell do we do with this information? Wait 100 years for someone to have the stones to do some Genetic manipulation. Have we cured one genetic disorder since the discovery? No, yet it was hailed as a biggest breakthrough since the discovery of the America's.

Hype, Hype, Hype and yet we all sit at our computers and laptops slaves to the thing that changed our lives the most the TRANSISTOR?

History why does it matter?

[edit on 16/5/09 by LT mikey]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Hi, first post here so be nice. There is reference to

'the History Channel plans a documentary on the primate at 9 p.m. on May 25; and Little Brown is bringing out a book.'

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If it is about a monkey type thing people aren't going to watch the documentary who cares if we came from monkey's. I don't think that kind of news is going to send shock waves around the globe and if it does send shock waves around the globe I will be shocked
However, they have done this sort of hype before and the news was nothing we would have been interested in so............

I did some checking on 2 million BC and what I got was this:

Crust movement, caused climate change due to earth orbit and activity of the Sun and new fossils found in cave.

What I found on 0AD is this;

Many major Religions were founded in this period.

Forget the Monkey thingy I'm hoping they show bones of an Alien body and say this is the missing link and Aliens are our Ancestors. I would watch the documentary on this
This would be true

9 days and counting

[edit on 16-5-2009 by observe50]

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join