It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has it now become illegal to criticize Israel in anyway in the U.S?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
From reading this article on the hugely influential (to me anyway) website Counterpunch
www.counterpunch.com... it would appear that the U.S government led by Mr Emanuel is attempting to end free speech in 'the land of the free' when it comes to the hugely immoral nation of Israel and it's actions.

Why? Really why? Israels actions towards the Palastinians and the other countires in the region leave itself and the U.S in greater danger. And yet the U.S continues to support them fully? Clinton has made a show of criticizing the new administration in Jerusalam but i cannot seriously see America really using its (percieved) influence to force Israel to the negotiating table.

Why would they want to end criticisim of clearly immoral and illegal acts in Gaza recently and Lebanon in 2006 and probabley other countless acts of aggression in the future?

We all know anyone within America who criticizes the great state of Israel is routinely branded an Anti-Semite by Pressure groups such as AIPAC, heck even former President Jimmy Carter was rounded on on for correctly applying the word of Apartheid to the situation of the Palastinians. www.haaretz.co.il...

Beyond the obvious calls of a conspiracy involving the NWO, Jewish Elite controlling the U.S and indeed the world. What other rational explanations are there for the U.S backing of Israel since Eisenhower ATS'ERS

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
well thats a good question. I dont think that there is any other rational explanation besides the NWO that you mentioned. But at this time I can not find much rational behind anything we in the us are doing, none of it makes sense.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Of course you cant critise Israel. Israel is in charge of the US.

you only have to watch the following:-

www.disclose.tv...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
more BS.
They CANNOT stop people from saying what they believe.
I dont hate Israel, they have problems just like everyone else.
Although, if someone feels the need to say something that they believe in, they have every right.
Just look at all the ATSers who bash Israel on a constant =)

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It's all down to the way you run your government . Allowing lobby groups , especially those representing a foreign nation . Allowing donations from these special interest groups that gives them the ability to pull funds or not to keep politician kow towing to their agenda. The US is rife with corruption and this kind of set up doesn't help it one iota. So, of course , big powerful groups like Aipac and ADL will use their influence to get laws introduced to make it extremely difficult to criticize Israel because they have so many politicians in their pocket to enact that kind of legislation for them . You need to break the donations/ lobbyists/ corruption and bribery cycle before you can even hope to stop this kind of subversive agenda being passed into mainstream US laws .

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

I really hate it when ignorant people go on rambling about Israel owning the US. Negative. At the very least, it's the same people who run the world that are in control of both countries. Neither is in charge of the other. As far as ending free speech? I doubt they could be that ignorant, that would definately be the tipping point of civil unrest.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
From reading this article on the hugely influential (to me anyway) website Counterpunch
www.counterpunch.com... it would appear that the U.S government led by Mr Emanuel is attempting to end free speech in 'the land of the free' when it comes to the hugely immoral nation of Israel and it's actions.

Why? Really why? Israels actions towards the Palastinians and the other countires in the region leave itself and the U.S in greater danger. And yet the U.S continues to support them fully? Clinton has made a show of criticizing the new administration in Jerusalam but i cannot seriously see America really using its (percieved) influence to force Israel to the negotiating table.

Why would they want to end criticisim of clearly immoral and illegal acts in Gaza recently and Lebanon in 2006 and probabley other countless acts of aggression in the future?

We all know anyone within America who criticizes the great state of Israel is routinely branded an Anti-Semite by Pressure groups such as AIPAC, heck even former President Jimmy Carter was rounded on on for correctly applying the word of Apartheid to the situation of the Palastinians. www.haaretz.co.il...

Beyond the obvious calls of a conspiracy involving the NWO, Jewish Elite controlling the U.S and indeed the world. What other rational explanations are there for the U.S backing of Israel since Eisenhower ATS'ERS

Holy Cow...

You are excitable aren't you? Rom Emmanuel has been roundly criticized by Israel.

Jimmy Carter IS anti-semetic.

WHy do you fear Israel so much?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It's obviously not illegal. And to echo some other posts, if it was, the "man" would be hunting down tons of ATSers 24/7.

I think that the majority of conservatives in this country feel an animosity towards Israel for whatever reason. And it seems that people listen to what the media feed them in regards to these issues, and in fact seem to even nitpick what they want to hear from the news reports.

Americans can criticize whatever they want as long as they don't threaten anyone, honestly. I think that's been proven in the past few years.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Holy Cow...

You are excitable aren't you? Rom Emmanuel has been roundly criticized by Israel.

Jimmy Carter IS anti-semetic.

WHy do you fear Israel so much?

No Jimmy Carter is no anti-Semitic you have just made a libellous statement - a complete and utter fabrication - the only reasonable response to which is you have no idea what you are talking about OR you are deliberately trolling and causing trouble - in which case I feel you absolutely should be warned - that is just unacceptable lies.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Here is another "Libellous" statement...

You are...hmmm...I'm thinking...WAY OUT THERE!

Here is a quote from Carter Himself...

Two members of Congress have been publicly critical. Incoming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for instance, issued a statement (before the book was published) saying that "he does not speak for the Democratic Party on Israel." Some reviews posted on Amazon.com call me "anti-Semitic," and others accuse the book of "lies" and "distortions." A former Carter Center fellow has taken issue with it, and Alan Dershowitz called the book's title "indecent."

A fellow from President Carter's own foundation, Kenneth Stein, has resigned in protest.

You need to track down the 20,000 people who contacted AMAZON to state the book he wrote as anti-semetic and accuse each and every one of SLANDER and demand they get silenced...just like you say anti-semites like you are being accused of and which you are trying to do to me.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
reply to post by sueloujo

I really hate it when ignorant people go on rambling about Israel owning the US. Negative. At the very least, it's the same people who run the world that are in control of both countries. Neither is in charge of the other. As far as ending free speech? I doubt they could be that ignorant, that would definately be the tipping point of civil unrest.

Do you realise what you said there? The same people that run the world are in control of both countries? With this quote you are admitting the intertwinning of US/Israel to an unacceptable level. Unhealthy. And can you explain why there is such a huge connection between these two countries? Could it be something to do with the video I linked? Could it be something to do with the corruption in governement? As far as I am concerned money is the root of all evil.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
Do you realise what you said there? The same people that run the world are in control of both countries? With this quote you are admitting the intertwinning of US/Israel to an unacceptable level. Unhealthy. And can you explain why there is such a huge connection between these two countries? Could it be something to do with the video I linked? Could it be something to do with the corruption in governement? As far as I am concerned money is the root of all evil.

Like it or not Israel is a friendly nation to the US, as it is with Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Czech Republic... etc. Its called cooperation and diplomacy and it's what has kept you safe in your bed for the last 60 years.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Israel serves itself. It has attacked us with it's attack on the USS Liberty, it continues to spy on us through Johnathan Pollard and others. Israel is no ally to the United States.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
yeah...right...it's illegal to speak ill of israel...you get arrested and go to jail...just a little hyperbolic don't you think? are you trying out for the anchor chair over at FOX NEWS?

how about this...MAN ARRESTED FOR COUGHING!!!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

How is Jimmy Carter anti-semetic? How can you ask why do you fear Israel? I do not fear them personally. I put myself in the position of the Palastinians and the people of Lebanon and feel their everyday fear.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Like it or not Israel is a friendly nation to the US

Are you serious? Tell that to the families of the USS Liberty, whose sons and daughters were MURDERED by the Israeli pilots.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
We live in a land of confusion, some might say perpetual confusion.

It is a confusion that is perpetuated upon us.

Common sense has been replaced with political correctness.

Criminals are no longer criminals but legal impaired. Predators are no longer predators but those who proactively look to maintain their self defense. The religious right is not trying to dissolve separation of church and state but simply see to our eternal salvation through guns and bombs. Israel is not placing undue influence upon our democratic process but simply counseling us as to what we don’t know for our own well being. We can borrow our way out of debt if we just borrow enough and spend it all in the right place. If we give up some of our constitutional freedoms willing and selectively it is the only thing that will ensure the protection of our constitutional freedoms in the long run and that’s the patriotic thing to do. Muslims don’t understand who Jesus really was even though they knew him during his lifetime and consider him a Holy Prophet while today’s Christian’s ancestors were watching his followers being killed for blood sport in Coliseums and asking Thor to bring rain for their crops. Union workers demanding too much wages and benefits is what caused Fortune 500 companies to have to relocate manufacturing overseas even though they had enough profits and assets to be Fortune 500 companies when they did and plenty of money to build new factories in the countries they could get cheap labor from. If criminal gangs from a Christian nation carry out a criminal conspiracy resulting in loss of life and economic damage, it is best to try to arrest and extradite them and give the nations they come from millions of dollars to fight the war on drugs. If criminal gangs from a Muslim nation carry out a criminal conspiracy that results in the loss of American lives or economic damage it is best to select the Muslim country not that they are from but one that has lots of oil or lots of poppy fields and arrest no one to extradite to the United States to stand trial but to invade those entire nations instead as the best way to punish for that unproven crime because after all its not predatory but just proactively maintaining our self defense. Top level Government Heads and Politicians who say our do something unconstitutional only do so from overwork and flawed information accidently compiled and given to them by their staffs. Average citizens who are not Supreme Court Judges who imagine they understand the constitution are likely terrorists. Israel is a democracy just like us where the Jewish and Zionist citizens get to choose between leaders that either want to attack Lebanon, Syria or Iran. We are lucky nations like Israel exist otherwise there may have never been Arab Oil Embargos and OPEC and Palestinian sheep herders would have driven their flocks across the Atlantic to invade the United States. We should be thankful Israel exists because after all the Arabs were all too happy to sell Oil to the Allied powers during World War II and seek our protection to deny it to the Axis powers because they were clearly out to destroy us. We were doing the Iranians a favor by propping up the Shah’s brutal regime so he could make sure that 95% of Iran’s oil wealth went to him and his family and American Oil Companies so their society would not fall into the amoral decay of our allies the Kuwaitis who let all citizens’ share and share alike. The best way to keep dictators like Saddam Hussein peaceful is to starve Iraqi citizens with withering sanctions so even basic food stuffs and medicines can’t be bought, because hungry people that are sick and weakened by malnutrition make great revolutionary troops. The best way to ensure that Israel can one Century make peace with the Palestinians is to give the Israelis everything they want or ask for and lots of money and weapons and the Palestinians nothing.

I mean all this stuff is so simple yet for some reason we act confused? I don’t get it?

If it weren’t for Israel’s influence in the U.S. Government we might actually apply even foreign policy, fight no preemptive or over reactionary wars of aggression, spend ourselves into bankruptcy doing it, have a dangerous free press that could confuse us with facts and have a shining reputation for fairness and universal charity and open mindedness.

Clearly Israel is our greatest friend to help us avoid the pitfall of all those dangers.

Anyone who says otherwise is plainly just confused.

Oh yeah, dangerous, evil, un-American, a devil worshipper, a terrorist and kicks puppy dogs and never washes behind their ears and wets their bed!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Oh yeah, dangerous, evil, un-American, a devil worshipper, a terrorist and kicks puppy dogs and never washes behind their ears and wets their bed!

Don't forget to add anti-semitic to the list!

You've done a great job lifting the veil of confusion that blocked our view of the true nature of the world. It is now clear- up is down, bad is good, and sanity is insane.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Don't forget to add anti-semitic to the list!

You've done a great job lifting the veil of confusion that blocked our view of the true nature of the world. It is now clear- up is down, bad is good, and sanity is insane.

I am sorry to let you down professor, I try to study so hard but I am still confused about it being anti-semitic, since so many Muslim people are Semites too. I am pretty sure not approving of such things is anti-Semitic too, if only there weren't so many different Semites.

Hopefully with a lot more dedicated study, listening to our wise and kindly Zionist friends of all stripes and CNN and FOX and MSNBC I will get this last one straightened out one day.

After all the Israelis have been so charitible to the United States especially now in our time of need, cancelling the AIPAC Summit, asking us to give them no more economic aide and weapons until we straighten out our financial woes, promising to pay fair market value for anything they might truly need, and giving us billions of dollars worth of grants and no interest loans has been so super of them. The soup kitchens they have set up to help feed the homeless, the outpouring of toys and clothes and books privately donated by Israeli citizens who enjoy the 3rd highest average per capita income in the world thanks to having to pay for none of their defense has been so touching and spirtually uplifting to know that now that they are on their feet and so succesful that they too care and share with their friends.

I want to do good for them really I do professor!

Help me learn the true meaning of anti-Semite and how the other Semitic people who aren't Hebrew or Jewish truly aren't Semitic people?

After all I want to be a good American and be respectful to this nation who has done just so very much for us.

Thanks professor!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Help me learn the true meaning of anti-Semite and how the other Semitic people who aren't Hebrew or Jewish truly aren't Semitic people? After all I want to be a good American and be respectful to this nation who has done just so very much for us. Thanks professor!

My good friend and student, let me try to answer the most scholarly question which you have posed.
Perhaps a few examples might help....
If Ben Stein criticizes Israel, he is not an anti-Semite, he is just a misinformed Semite.
If a Christian criticizes Israel, then surely he/she is an anti-Semite.
If an Arab criticizes Israel, then he/she is an anti-Semite, but if an Arab criticizes the actions of his/her own country, then he is a terrorist.
If a government arrests a Jewish broker for fraud, then that government is anti-Semite, but if the Israeli government arrests the same person, they are merely enforcing the laws of Israel.
By order of the MSM, it is impossible to be called anti-Semitic if you criticize Arabs, Arab governments, or Islam.
However, according to the same MSM rules of order, any criticism of Jews, Israel, no matter what the reason, is considered anti-Semitic, and according to proposed legislation in Congress, also against US law.

According to a new poll by the Boston Review, about 1/3 of Americans in the United States are now considered Anti-Semitic, according to Congress and the soon-to-be law of the land:

www.presstv.ir...

Results from a recent opinion poll show at least one third of Americans more or less blame the Jewish community for the current economic recession.

A survey by the Boston Review in its May/June issue indicates some 38 percent of the non-Jews in the United States blame the Jews in some way for the financial crisis, while an estimated 25 percent blame the Jews a moderate amount or more for the global economic slump.

The study was conducted by Neil Malhotra, Assistant Professor of Political Economy in the Graduate School of Business at Stanford University, and Dr. Yotam Margalit from the same university.

2,768 American adults participated in the survey.

The survey further suggested a considerable number of participants explicitly opposed to tax cuts for Wall Street giants as soon as they were introduced to be affiliated with Jewish financiers such as infamous fraud convict Bernard Madoff.

I hope this lesson has helped you to understand the intricacies and semantics of Semitics and Anti-Semitics.

For your wise and studious approach to this subject, you receive an "A" and a star.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join