It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over Sensitive - AKA Wearing Your Heart On Your Sleeve

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Many times during my life I have been accused of being over sensitive. I found it came up most often from girlfriends who get upset, or from male peers who get used to bantering to hide their feelings, or raise their status among the guys with rude jokes, etc., and when you just do not think it is funny you often get accused of being Over Sensitive.

Accusing someone of being Over sensitive is only a way for a person to justify their own improper behavior that they themselves learn to simply survive, I am sure few are born insensitive.

This has little to do has little to do with the polite people who are sensitive to others feelings, just letting the insensitive person ramble on. Of course who wishes to be Over Sensitive by complaining.

This video, which was prompted by a post here on ATS, is about that subject, and my perceptions, and as a statement that I might not be perfect, but I am proudly a Overly Sensitive guy.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Oh crikey! I cant stand oversensitive people. You folks are a pain in the behind. You lack a sense of humor and spend your whole life trying to be politically correct. Just toughen up and get on with life.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddudeJust toughen up and get on with life.

At what and who's expense, who knows what treasures are buried there in that incarnation.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You know if everyone around you says that you and your oversensitivity is the problem maybe you should take a step back and look at that. Wouldnt that be the sensitive thing to do. The rest of the world doesnt want to have to walk around on egg shells because we might hurt your feelings. The world is a tough place. Nobody likes to see innocent people die during a war or starve to death, but you have to protect your country and nobody decides not to attack you just because you are so darn nice. I am sure we are all for feeding starving people but in reality you can only do so much when they live in a country where the government takes the aid you give for food and spends it on their military. You just got to be realistic. I agree there is nothing wrong with a man crying, but you cant going around crying over every bad thing that happens in the world. Even most women cant stand a guy that goes around crying and whining over everything.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
You know if everyone around you says that you and your oversensitivity is the problem maybe you should take a step back and look at that.

Ouch.

The world is a tough place. Nobody likes to see innocent people die during a war or starve to death

Oh is it? And why is it so tough? Is it because people like you have given up on being more, no lets rephrase, less. Just less of who you are, by disconnecting.

, but you have to protect your country and nobody decides not to attack you just

As far as I can tell, the only ones attacking your Country is your own corrupt internal factions who are war lords, and besides, if your Country puts it out like Pat Pong expect some bruising, not to mention numerous other hot spots the US government has funded through black budgets, your tax dollars, your vote, and you plead ignorance, well you are the one attacking, not being attacked.

I am sure we are all for feeding starving people but in reality you can only do so much when they live in a country where the government takes the aid you give for food and

Yes we are, as long as they believe the same things we believe, and run their country the way we want, and it does mess with our vacation every year, or the three cars, boat, RV, or numerous other things, and do not forget the big roast almost every night for many Americans, or at least cheap beef, man you got to love those awesome Texan steaks, some of the best cow in the world.

The difference between you and me is that we are both pretty well equally ignorant, but I know how ignorant I am, and I am trying to change my general actions.

You seem not interested in taking that step yet, rock on, there is no one asking you to read my threads and wake up, go live in your little reality of being attacked, and a vengeful corrupt angry world, and you will just see what you want. It is sad, but well, that is just the way it has to be for some people.

You know, under your surface you might be a even better artist if one now, or heck a great poet, who knows what the acceptance of insensitivity is hiding. Best keep your blinders on, don't want to go too far off course I guess. At least you can say you are patriotic, maybe blindly patriotic, but we all need to be somewhere.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

It really offends me when you call me oversensitive guys.

I've seen people like that. There are some groups we have to be really nice to like muslims, once the gov't tells us they blew up a building and killed 2000+ people, everyone should be really nice to them.....

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

So what would you recommend? Should we just roll over when we are attacked and say sorry that our way of live offends you we will try to behave how you want us to? Should we just hand money to corrupt government who will still leave people starving and just use the money to buy weapons?

I am all for making the world a better place. But you have to be realistic. I dont think everyone needs to be in a democracy to get support, but I think it is foolish to hand money to a corrupt government to feed people you know are not going to get the money. You might as well use it as toilet paper because then at least you end up with a clean behind.

I am all for initiatives like the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation who realistically try to develop a plan to help people in the world by first getting buy in from the governments and then by investing in infrastruture, healthcare, and education. If you just feed people what have you accomplished. But if you give them a foundation for a better life they can become self supporting. I know things like that take time, and it sucks. However it is realistic. I have donated plenty of money over the years to help other people, but I try to be wise and make sure I am not just wasting the money.

It is ok to be sensitive and compassionate but just not to the point where no one can talk around you without getting your feelings hurt. I have to kids that I adopted from another nation and people say all kind of stupid stuff around them. I dont run off and cry. I either let it slide because they meant well but are just ignorant or I confront them if I think they were doing it just to be mean. My point is I dont let it hurt my feelings and I teach my kids that some people are just ignorant and it shoudlnt hurt theirs either. When you are oversensitive it makes people want to pick on you. Its just human nature.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

So what would you recommend? Should we just roll over when we are attacked and say sorry that our way of live offends you?

I am sure you are a very well meaning person, and I know like me you are scared for your family, and friends, and just want a good life.

However this conversation would take so long. For example does the Gates family get a pass? I mean yes they did not take their money and run, however they have caused alot of problems as well. There are a few people in this world who have had their technology stolen, and then unable to refute this in court.

The other day I heard of a company here who had 15 copies of office. They cloned the hard drive, and the license key. They distributed it on 18 PC's by mistake, 3 more than they owned.

It cost them 250,000 dollars or so in legal bills to defend themselves and deal with Microsoft. The hearsay is the lawyers were completely unreasonable, and would take no for an answer. It might have been technical but they sues them for 18 copies of illegal software and took 250,000 of this mans money, and well it almost bankrupted him. They were simply insensitive to the facts, and they could have take a little flash you know, 25,000 and called it quit but no, they wanted it all. Greed.

So the things you are using are not investigating. All I can suggest is take each thing you believe and research it. And if in your personal experience it passes the test, great.

However using Gates as an example is just lost on me. Once their lawyers tried to tell me, my company had to buy a copy of Windows for every PC I sold, even though I sold them another competitive operating system, because, 'the other system was inferior, my customers would like it, and possibly resort to stealing their software from a friend'?

Eventually they just went away, but I could not care less how much money that man or anything about their company, it is rooted in control, and has no value to me. Let him keep his money and eat it, it is poison, and the people at Microsoft will not triumph over the open source movement, they are already dead as a company but do not know it yet.

And if you want to research something, research the release of Windows 95 timed release copy on the warez channel, and how it times with OS/2 Warps new OS release that beat Windows 95 in every way. then wonder, if it was not released from the Microsoft labs through supposed theft, ooops, and distributed by "illegal means", would it be considered "anti competition"? Wow, that theft of the one year expiry copy was sure well timed.

Just dig deeper, not everyone who is sensitive is just being over sensitive, they might have a point that you not researching is missing. Just dig deeper.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by SoulOrb]

[edit on 6-5-2009 by SoulOrb]

+2 more 
posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This poster has a point. The point isn’t even being oversensitive. Its about right and wrong. People who do wrongs don’t want anyone else to stand up for what is right. So, to shut up those who say, “hey that’s wrong” they use the argument, “Your just over-sensitive.” Over sensitive to what? Obviously sensitive to what is right over what is wrong.

I tell you what. To those of you who complain that other people are over sensitive, I say that you should be glad that they are simply voicing what they feel is wrong instead of taking matters in their own hands to correct them. Guess what violent criminals are? They are over-sensitive. They won’t take criticism. They constantly attack other who “Disrespect them.” But the only ones who get classified with the term “Over sensitive” are simply the people who are understood not to turn physical in their objections to other peoples actions.

Its about right and wrong, not sensitivity. Certain people stand up for things that are right. Other people don’t. They method of their defense is the only major difference.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

Being overly sensitive will quickly wear you out emotionally . One can engage & empathize with another persons grief, anger etc , without losing some semblance of control .

I have a nephew who is a fireman , a job that all will agree, presents some horrifying scenarios to deal with, daily . He confided in me , that he had to grow a very thick skin, very fast and very nearly didn`t last his first week .

Whilst attempting to resuscitate a cold, blue faced infant or cut a family out of a car wreck whilst the occupants scream in agony ........... is no place for an over sensitive individual . Or should i say , it is no place for someone who can`t control their emotions.
Its not that people don`t have emotions , so much as , how they express them IMHO.

Of course i want my police officer / doctor etc etc to empathise with me and my situation , but i would expect them to exhibit some control of their emotions .

Play the game , buoyed your time and when you have some authority and position perhaps you could initiate some more- people friendly policies etc at work.

If you think this proposition is unrealistic , you should change jobs .
Your personality may well be more appreciated elsewhere.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts SoulOrb.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulOrb
Accusing someone of being Over sensitive is only a way for a person to justify their own improper behavior that they themselves learn to simply survive, I am sure few are born insensitive.

I have to disagree with you there. There are many, many, many people who really are overly sensitive and it has nothing to do with anyone besides themselves. There are some people you can just look at and if you aren't smiling, they get their feelings hurt. There are some people who only hear what they want to hear, they believe that people are out to hurt their feelings and thus they get their feelings hurt consistently. There are some people who cannot take a joke and see every attempt at humor to be an attack or mean.

There is a difference between being sensitive and being overly sensitive. One makes you less likely to intentionally hurt someone else's feelings. The other makes you practically impossible to be around for any length of time without walking on eggshells.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
Being overly sensitive will quickly wear you out emotionally . One can engage & empathize with another persons grief, anger etc , without losing some semblance of control .

A person can be sensitive, and still maintain control by having a spiritual framework, and not taking it personal. I am glad I am not a first responder, because I am not the person to wear those energies repeatedly. However in a crisis I assure you I am the person you want on the scene, I have a very clear head in emergencies.

It is just the wastful insensitivity that is wasteful. I expect insensitivity from a person who is put in place by me to be that way, in a crisis situation. I do not see that as relevant to this situation of discussions on this board.

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
If you think this proposition is unrealistic , you should change jobs .
Thanks for sharing your thoughts SoulOrb.

Thanks, and I did. I walked out one day, never went back, they sent my things to me, I am glad I did. Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Maybe its not that you are oversensitive but that you have a strange belief system that most people would find to be on the verge of insanity. Things like you can talk to aliens through meditation or you can have an alien soul inhabit your body. You know the things you talk about on some of your threads.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
There are many, many, many people who really are overly sensitive and it has nothing to do with anyone besides themselves. There are some people you can just look at and if you

I think you are dealing with a reaction to an action. These people you speak of are in a system after years of living with insensitive people, so they have lost their trust. And the trust takes along time to undo, and possibly never. Basically if we are discussing the problem it is too late for us to eradicate it. Maybe in 10 generations we can get to say 80%.

However I would rather you feel uncomfortable and unsure what to say around who have lost their trust in this current life of yours, to assist those future 10 generations so that we are not perpetually in a situation of reaction and action. The cycle needs to be broken somewhere.

And that cycle is simply vibration, because these things cannot exist at a higher vibration, and some day those people will trust you again. If a person reacts strangely, I need to remind myself that this is not normal of them, and that I need to dig deeper and see if I can assist. In honesty people trust you and you slowly can turn those eggshell people into your greatest friends, because when you cross the line they will still love you for it.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Maybe its not that you are oversensitive but that you have a strange belief system that most people would find to be on the verge of insanity. Things like you can talk to aliens through meditation or you can have an alien soul inhabit your body. You know the things you talk about on some of your threads.
n

Possible in current circumstance, quite improbable since in the instance in this video for example, I did not experience ET's nor did I share things like this, and yes, I was just a normal guy, well never completely normal, but I would say acceptable. Again I think you are looking for reasons, and not looking inside. Look inside.

When people call me insensitive now, it leads to a great exchange. However at one time, I took it very personal. I think we all have the right, and opportunity to change. Bring on the change.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

Well I will seek to get my vibrations on a higher order like yours so we can converse on the same level. You know some people just get upset because other people are annoying to them not because it is out of character or they are having a bad day.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

through meditation or you can have an alien soul inhabit your body.

Oh, again, I know these concepts are difficult, however I never did say that an Alien sould can inhabit your body. What I said is that a person might be a soul not spawned of this Earth Karma system, but a Soul who incarnated who did their spiritual work and progression in another system, or Galaxy, or Universe for all I know.

If I am going to be out there, at least let me be out there in a proper fashion, possible fellow alien soul who might be on the verge of waking up from your slumber. Nothing is an accident, we attract many thing to our experience for a reason.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

Sorry I keep misinterpreting that. I didnt mean to be wrong, I just didnt understand the whole concept. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Well I will seek to get my vibrations on a higher order like yours so we can converse on the same level. You know some people just get upset because other people are annoying to them not because it is out of character or they are having a bad day.

You have raised a very good point there, I sense a break through. When people irritate me, I now have learned for me, there is a reason why. Man oh man, I got a good story I need to record for this forum. It is so cool, what you just said.

For one week confront everyone who upsets you, and tell them how much they do, but that you are so glad they are there, and laugh at why that is. I bet you make some new friends! Real friends, not fair weather friends.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

Well let me start building our friendship. You irritate me because you are oversensitive and you see it as my problem and not yours. You also irritate me because you think you can talk to aliens by meditation which I find to be borderline crazy and think you might want to consult a professional psychiatrist. Wow this is kind of fun. I am starting to feel closer to you now.

Oh I forgot. I am so glad you are here and I am glad you were put in my life. There that is better.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join