It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our President of faith abandons his faith

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Our President of faith abandons his faith

www.u snews.com

there will be a proclamation but no White House event
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I know that this will make many people mad at me, but my point is to shed light on a deception that strikes at the core of President Obama’s very character as a person. To the “christians” who voted for this man believing that he was a Christian himself…you have been deceived. The idea that a man with such a “deep and powerful” faith would literally end the celebration of the National Day of Prayer at the Whitehouse, and doing this after campaigning as a “christian” just shows that he is willing to do and say anything to get what he wants, a typical politician. Many will respond this morning saying that this is a small issue and I’m over reacting, but I say that this is a huge issue and reveals that this man will campaign using something so sacred as “faith” just to be elected. He’s no different than any other politician. America…wake up! He isn’t the messiah, he’s a man not our “salvation”. To you Christians who were conned by him, I hope there is a lesson learned here.

www.u snews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
By the end of his term he will abolish Natl. Prayer Day, period, imo. After him mocking the Bible the way he did, I know he is not Christian. No Christian would mock the Bible. You may not understand every single thing about God but you aren't going to mock Him if you believe.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
National day of prayer?
Is there actually such a thing? I've never heard of it?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
First of all your title is inaccurate, and your source is a biased blog.

Is a little more separation of church and state a really bad thing?

This is not a really good way to expose deception, when in fact there is none in this case. From the article/blog (your source)

"President Obama is a committed Christian and believes that we should be engaging Americans of faith in efforts to renew our country," said a White official of White House plans. "He is following the tradition of Presidents Reagan, George H. W. Bush, and others by signing a proclamation honoring the National Day of Prayer, while continuing to work with communities of faith to improve our country."

If you are seeking to make a political point out of this it is a rather weak attempt to say the least.

It is not breaking news either.

Good luck.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So What? I don't need a national day of prayer. I pray every day; usually to give thanks that I'm not a small minded ideololog, whining and crying that a democrat got elected.

What a transparent politically motivated way to trash Obama once again.

As pathetic as the Bush haters.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
First of all your title is inaccurate, and your source is a biased blog.

Is a little more separation of church and state a really bad thing?

This is not a really good way to expose deception, when in fact there is none in this case. From the article/blog (your source)

Good grief. Complaining about the source. Here, is this any better for you?

www.washingtontimes.com...

Obama to be prayer day no-show
President to sign proclamation, observe privately

President Obama is distancing himself from the National Day of Prayer by nixing a formal early morning service and not attending a large Catholic prayer breakfast the next morning.

All Mr. Obama will do for the National Day of Prayer, which is Thursday, is sign a proclamation honoring the day, which originated in 1952 when Congress set aside the first Thursday in May for the observance.

And separation of Church and state? You must not know the meaning of this. The state is not forcing any religion on anyone. This is just one day out of 365 that is usually observed by the president and it includes different faiths, not just one faith.

Maybe Obama should have kept his alleged faith private before running for president.

I really don't care what he does on this day, because I would never expect him of all people to participate in it really. He does not come off to me as a man of faith really.

I really do not see this as a big deal.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by inked up]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yeah this doesn't surprise me. He's had countless gripes with anything related to Christianity.

Wasn't he just at a school where he made them remove a christian symbol?

I'll make this said, just another small poo on Christianity, I personally believe within the next 7-10 years he'll be taking a fat shart on Christians.

But what do I know?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by inked up

I agree he should have kept quiet about his faith instead of claiming to be a Christian. It didn't take him long once he had the election bagged to shake that image.

Now we know he speaks with forked tongue.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

He is going to sign the proclamation and observe in private.

Why is that a problem?

This is a non-issue.

If you are seeking issues to raise about this president and his policies there are many. This utterly trivial and insignificant issue of prayer day is not even worthy of discussion.

In my opinion of course.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Barry can't decide what faith he wants to be when he grows up. Better yet, he is waiting for someone to tell him which faith to follow. Forked tongue indeed.

He scraps this simple service at the White House and yet he holds a Seder meal at the White House last month. We are a nation comprised of multiple faiths and I fail to understand Obama's constant double standard. Barry will be whatever his followers want him to be on any given day. In the end, his only goal is to secularize the nation.

He is following a disturbing agenda that serves only his handlers and himself.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Rockstrongo I do think this was a worthy thread to start, I had not heard anything about Obama not being interested in using the Natl. Day of Prayer as an opportunity to unite us as a country, and to bring to the forefront those things which matter most to him as a president and calling on those who agree to join him in prayer.

It certainly wouldn't be this one thing that proves he used Christianity, ion the true sense of the word, to further his political goals. But we need to be aware of these things and look at it in the big picture, how he required that any religious objects be covered up when he gave a speech at a school recently, how he mocked the Bible, and of course, how he actually admitted to being a muslim.

Good thread.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

He is going to sign the proclamation and observe in private.

Why is that a problem?

Did you not see what I wrote? I said "I really don't care what he does on this day" and "I really do not see this as a big deal."

I don't, because I do not even see him as a man of faith. This does not affect my life at all or anyone else's in my opinion.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by inked up]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Wow. I'm still not sure why we are talking about religion in politics. It's really very pathetic, IMHO, that it is even an issue.

if he observes it, all the non-christians will be upset.

If he doesn't, christians will be mad.

Bottom line, this should not even be a topic of conversation. The president's religious beleifs and/or practices are a non-issue.

I really feel like this is grasping at straws. Isn't there any ACTUAL news to talk about?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If he had did a christian ceremony, he would of been accussed of using his celebrity to influence people to his religion.

this is just nitpicking.

I find it, as a non christian, very refreshing that he is not openly flouting his religion to influence people, and keeping it to himself.

As for the christians who voted for him, you shouldnt' be voting on religion anyways.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

I really hope nobody voted for him just because he's a christian. That's as bad as only voting for someone because of their race or sex.
If you want a religious leader, go to church.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Faith makes a virtue of accepting something without evidence. of not thinking critically. Why is faith a good thing to look for in our politicians?

Faith in action!

I think we've had quite enough of this. I applaud the decision to not endorse FAITH with the STATE.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am laughing so hard now HHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH it's hilarious what fools most american are. complete gullible fools.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
If he had did a christian ceremony, he would of been accussed of using his celebrity to influence people to his religion.

this is just nitpicking.

I find it, as a non christian, very refreshing that he is not openly flouting his religion to influence people, and keeping it to himself.

As for the christians who voted for him, you shouldnt' be voting on religion anyways.

But he "used his religion" during the campaign to influence people who then elected him. Now it seems he is using it again in a different way to influence a different group of people.

And who said anything about voting for him?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
But he "used his religion" during the campaign to influence people who then elected him.

EVERY president of the USA used his religion to influence sheeple...

Right out of book of " How to become a president of the USA in 3 easy steps ":

1. Say that you BELIEVE that Jesus saves (and, of course, side with Israel).

2. Say that you oppose abortions (at least personally).

3. Say that you oppose gay marriage (at least personally).

Belief in Jesus is crucial here. People like to have a president who is delusional the same way they are (or at least in the ballpark).

Someone who is openly Buddhist, Muslim, Atheist or Gay will NEVER, EVER have chance to be elected by people of USA.

Presidential delusions may vary though, all the way from "God speaks through me"(Bush) to "Atheists are people too"(Obama)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join