It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video London

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
And it's another wobbly clip! What are they hiding?

Use of rhetorical questions... what are you implying?

but seriously, most amateur videos are wobbly like that. There is a reason why there is a market for steady cams. So that factor, taken by itself is no indication of hoax.

-rrr

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It's a Definate fake.... There is someone on the roof across the way angling something that forms those formations and then quickly turns right as making it appear that those lights just flew off and then quickly Dan turns away and your hear him say GO.............

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

where did i say double glazing ?

exterior and interior windows

two completely different sets of window frames with glass

the person in the other thread proved this combination of windows was common in houses in that area.

if you want to believe that is a real ufo , then cool go ahead.

wooohooo we finally have proof Aliens are visiting this planet !

yippeeee... yahoooooo...whooopieeeeee
Normally I'm more of a skeptic in these parts, as most of you may know, but this looks real from what I can tell. I work in sales for a window company, and I'm VERY experienced with different types of windows from vinyl, to wood, and also aluminum. What you're describing isn't made, and I've never once seen a house with two sets of frames that I think you're describing, but I'm not sure if I follow you.

Anyways, the kind of window that he has is clearly called a "casement window". This style of window swings out, and is traditional in many homes. Most house use a collection of either a single hung, double hung, picture window, followed with casements, with the addition of awnings in some style homes. He has white windows, that has insulated glass, and I think they're a vinyl frame, but it could be aluminum, as its hard to see. As far as I know, I have never seen a frame/glass/frame/glass, which I think is what you're describing.

Do you happen to remember where this house was located, as I can probably determine what window company is in his house? Most window companies have a territory which they predominantly sell in. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Edit: I totally forgot this was in London. Well, I just looked at the video again, and it definitely looks like a vinyl window to me. I'll ask around and see what window distributors are in London, and have this "double framed" window that you speak of, cause I have never once heard of this, especially since he clearly has insulated glass in is sash.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by TravisT]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If you look at the single frame where the object is departing, the 3 light sources can be seen modulating (on and off). Based on the estimated frame rate of a video phone is roughly 12 to 15 frames per second and based on the 27 to 30 modulated 'flashes' in the one frame that show a near linear acceleration based on the angular positions of each modulated flash...This of course assumes a level altitude of flight when leaving.

The average time between flashes then is about .00264 seconds or estimated modulated frequency of 380 Hz ( Cycles per second ).

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Convincing only because of three things:
1. The poster (not a 10 year old UFO geek with hundreds of crappy youtube videos)
2. The end of the video - so many UFO videos end for no reason, this one ends when the UFO disappears
3. The quality - clearly not over-produced

My concern is that this could be LEDs or lights in the room and maybe (?) the poster was - erm - maybe had a few drinks...

Regardless - far superior to 99% of supposed UFO video posts. Thank You.

- This is the FIRST UFO video that I am flagging on this site.

=)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I just wanted to say way to go .. great find . i wish i could capture something cool like that .. maybe i look to hard lol

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
you can hear a sound in the split nano second it shoots off. I watched the clip a few times exactly at this point. The lights blur, hold for a mlisec then shoot out like an elastic band. Right at that point I can hear a small boom. I thought maybe it could be some percussion with the guitar solo in the music but I don't think so. It doesn't sound like drums.

Listen to it.

Cheers. flagged

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Unique11Lighting9

It's a Definate fake.... There is someone on the roof across the way angling something that forms those formations and then quickly turns right as making it appear that those lights just flew off and then quickly Dan turns away and your hear him say GO.............

Not saying I am buying this, however I have to agree there does look like something on the roof below the lights. I thought at first it was some kind of chimney. It does not move really until just before the lights disappear it does look like something moves around that chimney thing, like a split second before they go off.

I had to pause/run/repeat a few times around the 25-30 second mark to cath this.

good eye though

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Wow, I have to say that's one of the better videos I've seen. If it's fake, which I do not think it is, than it's a great fake. But for some reason I'm leaning towards this one being real. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm pretty balanced and try to look at everything UFO related with the proper skepticism in light of the gazillion hoax vids. Whether or not it's ET based, well that's another thread. But this one definately looks to be a geniune Unidentified Flying Object that appears to have an advance propulsion system. Aurora, TR-3B, X-plane de jour, Galactic Brotherhood?

*Edit* I am wondering about the possibility of reflection. That why I love coming to ATS. The different opinions and these cyber roundtables keep us all engaged, involved, and bouncing ideas around. This is a great community to be a part of.

"There's a starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
There's a starman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it
Cause he knows it's all worthwhile"
David Bowie - Starman

[edit on 4/27/09 by Chillidog1]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I make no claims to authenticity yet.

Here is a frame grab of "departure."

If it was a single object, one would expect the 3 streaks to be parallel. No?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e0e844525e8.jpg[/atsimg]

KK

[edit on 27-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffsmathers

I was just about to relate a trick I use for image analysys of this type.

If the lights were a reflection of a ground based light then the modulation would be 50/100 hz or 60/120 hz depending on what part of the world you are in.

However, aircraft power supplies (including most military) run at 400 hz. So if the lights are from a man made craft and they are modulating you would expect to see them doing so at 400 or 800 hz.

Your estimation of 380 hz is right in there! So maybe this is advance military.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Originally posted by nerbot
And it's another wobbly clip! What are they hiding?

Use of rhetorical questions... what are you implying?

but seriously, most amateur videos are wobbly like that. There is a reason why there is a market for steady cams. So that factor, taken by itself is no indication of hoax.

-rrr

I'm implying the creator of the clip was fooling around with reflections and thought it looked like a UFO and was cool so he uploaded it and claimed it was.

That's why I gave a description of what I thought it was. Didn't you read that bit of my post.

If I was seeing something that I thought was a UFO and had a camera to hand, I would be holding my breath till I went blue and frozen like a statue.

Elimination's the name of the game....after that we may find the truth.

Deny Ignorance!

Take a piece of glass, turn off all the lights except one (or 3) and look at the reflection and compare that to the clip you saw. Then tilt the glass quickly to make the reflection dissappear.

Now add 6 pints of lager and a cameraphone.

This is a 100% hoax imo and if I could be bothered (and had an ikea triple ceiling light fitting) I'd reproduce it and show you all, but I wouldn't want to spoil your fun and excitement.

Knock yourselves out and enjoy!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm going to go ahead and assume that the chimney-looking-thing in the screen shot kinda kurious posted is the supposed "human on the roof". It doesn't look anything like a human - it's a chimney.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
There is something that does not feel right about the departure. Does anyone know off hand what the real frame rate of the posted video is?

It really does reek of reflection. Also, I would imagine that others would have seen something too?

After watching several times the actions of the camera are highly suspect immediately following the departure. One would normally raise their head and ignore the camera viewfinder when trying to "re-acquire" the subject. It's almost as if he is playing POV camera and moving it in such a way to show you it is gone by imitating what you would expect (view from first person perspective to simulate putting your head out the window and looking around).

The camera guys actions leave a greasy fingerprint on my opinion after thinking it over. Wish I was wrong.....

[edit on 27-4-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm looking at this now in PS CS4 and it appears to slide side to side with no going up or down until it's final exit. I first thought it was doing this on his larger movements with the camera, but after fiddling with it, it seems the lights do in fact have a bit of wobble to them... I'm going to remove as much camera movement as I can as it should be pretty easy with having the rooftops in the background to go by in lining up the frames.

EDIT: to add slight up and down in end of video just before exit.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by rightuos]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Firstly*the guy on the roof idea*... You'd have to be some kind of complete fruitbat to want to climb on your typical British roof . The rake angle is pretty steep and leaves no room for slipping, at all. As the person has rightly pointed out, the *person*, is your average chimney stack, that all these houses have.

As for the guys reaction. Just what the heck do people expect.? The guy who took the shots makes it plain, if you read the comments on the actual You Tube site, that he . "Doesn't believe in UFOs, has no interest in them and still doesn't believe in them".... Now maybe this all some kind of extended double bluff, but somehow i doubt it...

That given, his reaction is typically British and phlegmatic. If i show your typical none musician, who has no interest in the instruments we use, a 1958 Les Paul, they will say. "Oh it's a guitar".. I show the same instrument to a muso and they will , probably, faint and go all misty eyed..

IE, if you don't believe in UFO's and don;t care about the subject, you don't turn all "Oooooooooooooo look* just because you see some strange lights in the sky.

His reaction is both typically *British* and that of someone who doesn't ever expect or want to be confronted by something that might not be *one of ours*

I apologise on behalf of us Brits, we really should learn to go loopy at the opening of an envelope...

[edit on 27-4-2009 by FireMoon]

[edit on 27-4-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Wow, you've completely kurioused me!

When I saw the pic you posted with two but the third going different ways.

Well now i'm just confused, I would assume they were moving in uniform but one not so, so they wouldn't be connected. Who knows the Air Force has formations, who's to say ET don't have there own formations and this guy just goofed a little, this one has me puzzled.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The reaction of the camera holder does give some credibility to the footage, but if it was me, or anyone I know for that, they'd be saying at least something.

I'm not a skeptic, but just the quality of the video can make it easily faked

Peace and Love

synyster

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Some cell phones have poor quality, and the actual colors do
not always come out in video or picture stills. So yeah...I'd have
to say this one seems authentic.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Something about the lights is strange to me. If they are departing, wouldnt the bulk of the brightness be on top with the trail following? It seems that in this picture its actually arriving not departing. Ive never seen it like this. I actually was pausing the video and the take off happens in the 28th second. Seems a bit strange.

Also the lights seems to be a bit swirly? does anyone else notice this or is it just me? Does anyone else find this strange?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join