It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 399
<< 396  397  398    400  401  402 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
They are investigting reports of a co mrsa h1n1 combination - cdc press conference.

Say it has happened with seasonal flu and so they must be careful and watchful with h1n1.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by jonny2410]

The search for new explanations other than "underlying conditions" has begun. Too many relatives pitching fits on TV and hiring lawyers to continue playing that game.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact they seem to need a boogey man to blame for the deaths other than the virus itself? Perhaps because people might start to realize what we on this thread have known all along and start self isolating?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Originally posted by Aeons
The information is available. Any person can get ahold of it. A homeless schizophrenic can wander into a library and access it.

No one is KEEPING information away from anyone. That the general population doesn't care and cannot be bothered to look even when it is in front of their face....that isn't the fault of the government or the bureaucracy at any level.

1. Who are you talking to and what exactly are you talking about?

2. What information are you referring to?

I've seen the claim several times now that government/WHO/CDC/media are all to blame for people not knowing about this flu. One just a couple above my post - but since it has been claimed numerous times now I'm addressing it more generally.

The information is avaiable. It is even pretty easy to get at. A good amount of this information has been turned into an easy to microwave product and hand delivered to everyone's door.

Numbers, Statistics, symptoms, severity. All available.

That people cannot be BOTHERED to look at it, or pay attention - well, the govenrment and the bureaucracy cannot be held responsible for educated adults being too lazy to look at what is literally simple to find out. That people cannot be bothered to THINK about what they are being told - that's their own damn fault. They've been educated on the the public dime. They've all had basic training at critical thinking. All the information can be found with a TV or a computer.

That people want everything to be smoothed out into easy to consume pap that mommy and daddy put right in their mouth.....that's unforgiveable.

[edit on 2009/5/19 by Aeons]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I've seen the claim several times now that government/WHO/CDC/media are all to blame for people not knowing about this flu. One just a couple above my post - but since it has been claimed numerous times now I'm addressing it more generally.

The information is avaiable. It is even pretty easy to get at. A good amount of this information has been turned into an easy to microwave product and hand delivered to everyone's door.

That people cannot be BOTHERED to look at it, or pay attention - well, the govenrment and the bureaucracy cannot be held responsible for educated adults being too lazy to look at what is literally simple to find out.

Can you point to a specific example? I think you might be taking something out of context. People on this thread are claiming the CDC / WHO and so on are hiding the real impact of the virus as in number of infected and dead, you bet ya.

I completely missed where anyone is saying the public does not know about the flu. Everyone knows about it, not enough seem to understand it and that would be due to the ongoing media campaign to ignore it.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Thanks ecoparity...........I just didn't have the energy to respond.....

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I make the "official" figures at 80 confirmed dead worldwide with another 2 yet to be confirmed.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I see reports on the news everyday about this flu. On multiple channels. I can call up a news aggregator and find many articles every day about it.

The "real" impact will only ever be given in confirmed totals. Realistically, and scientifically that is logical.

It is up to us to understand what that means. Confirmed and real totals will NEVER be the same. But governments and scientific organizations cannot report on unconfirmed.

Now, when numbers are being manipulated that's different.

But you can go onto any flu tracker. You can use a news aggregator. You can open the paper. And there it is.

The known Data is available. That people cannot be bothered to turn it into information for themselves by engaging their brain - that's not the fault of the data.

As to an example - see any and all posts claiming that the govenment/media are controlling the masses. People seem to have forgotten that "we" here ARE the masses. Just because most of the hoipolloi cannot be bothered to care or understand, doesn't mean that you are being PREVENTED from understanding.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
chronicle.com...

Mexico City — With the H1N1 flu epidemic wreaking havoc on exchange programs throughout the Americas, the Consortium for North American Higher Education Collaboration started a new Web site today to track the virus’s impact on universities.

www.porkmag.com...

Researchers from Korea's college of veterinary medicine at Chungnam National University, report that they have created a human vaccine for Type A H1N1 influenza.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Any word of the WHO moving to phase 6 anytime soon?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Shelby County Reports Third Confirmed H1N1 Case
www.emaxhealth.com...

Three New Cases of the 2009 H1N1 Influenza A Virus Have Been Confirmed in Kansas
www.infozine.com...

educadium: Pity: Lowell Elementary in south Phoenix shuts down due to H1N1 flu. 666 students affected (Drudge). Where is the online classroom backup?

kasesq94: In pediatric dentist office: mom talking to friend on phone - 3 confirmed cases of swine flu in Williston Park elementary school less than a minute ago from TwitterBerry

New Web Site Helps Track Flu's Impact on North American Universities
chronicle.com...

TRMC Hospital Board Reports on H1N1 Flu
www.dailytribune.net...

indexhu: 191 infection in Japan: Japan in the new 191-increased number of influenza H1N1 is, jentették on a Tuesday. Http://(link tracking not allowed)/15xQMw (expand)

shady: RT @ duarte101: Warning: 210 students Hainamosa under observation by Influenza A / H1N1 is.gd... (expand)

Shelley_2: 2 cases of H1N1 confirmed in Guthrie, one is a student, according to the superintendent. http://(link tracking not allowed)/16RYzb (expand)

Miss. sees 5th case of H1N1 swine flu
www.clarionledger.com...

Suspected swine flu closes Boston Latin School
www.boston.com...
n:twit:metro

[edit on 5/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Swine Flu Fears Decline

After a busy onslaught of concern about H1N1 Flu last week, Connecticut hospitals and community health centers reported a drop in people seeking flu tests.

www.nbcconnecticut.com...

N.J. experiences decline in cases of swine flu illness

Yesterday the state closed the hotline established for concerned residents and health care providers following the initial news of the swine flu outbreak. In some school districts, information on the illness is less prominent on their websites.

www.nj.com.../base/news-13/1242274111252360.xml&coll=1

So I guess if I googled and read these reports I would think everything is going to be okay.........

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
jeorgez: RT @kgbt A 5-year-old Reynosa girl has become the third person to die from swine flu. Details in a few minutes.

Phoenix School Closed for One Week Due to Flu
kfyi.com...

Be Prepared For Sudden Outbreak of H1N1
sgcomplains.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
So I guess if I googled and read these reports I would think everything is going to be okay.........

Many viruses become less lethal and peter out. Rejecting that possibility isn't useful.

You are reading reports that are opinion pieces - or "news" reporting opinion.

Further, you are reading pieces that are relatively accurate. Where those are being written, this flu isn't likely to be that bad. In an everyday scenario, all of those article represent a small truth that applies ONLY TO THAT REGION. Those articles are in English, and are coming from some of the richest places on the planet. Where the impact of any disease that is not lifestyle related will be softened.

Most people don't even think as far as their neighbours. This is what they care about. The news - lcoallly - is covering what is their concern. They really don't give a flying pig's bottom about what is going to happen next winter. They don't care about what is going to happen if it hits Indonesia or Africa. Even if they do care a bit, they know that those areas won't ever give realistic numbers, and other areas will just lie even more than ours do.

Yes, the "be calm" message is meant to reflect what people actually care about. Themselves. Most people in the richest areas of the planet don't really need to fuss so much about this flu.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
As someone who has spent more hours than I'll ever be able to recover in press conferences, let me clue you in about how easy it is to plant data into the information stream.

The reporters are provided a briefing list, an outline which covers the topics the, um - let's say the CDC wants to cover in today's press briefing.

Under each topic is a paragraph or short statement outlining the position of the CDC on the topic. If we (pretend I'm with the CDC for a moment) want to plant a seed that people who are dying were unlucky and caught MRSA sepsis which gave them pnuemonia which turned them blue and off to the ventilator we go, la la - we just add a topic :
Influenza and MRSA Co-Infection
The CDC is concerned over reports that patients acquired pneumonia due to a MRSA and Influenza co-infection. For more on MRSA see our website a www.blah.gov

See how easy it is? Some reporter in the briefing is going to ask about that one. Big drama and finally some NEW news. If not, it's very simple to have a CDC staffer put on a "Hi, I'm a reporter" sticky badge and ask the question from the press seats. I've seen it done a thousand times, (especially in D.C. press conferences). It's even easier to just get a reporter who is friendly, drinks after hours or even sleeps with so and so from the Public Relations Dept to ask the question on the friendly "advice" of said so and so.

Now, they don't bother to mention the "reports" alluded to were from 2003. It doesn't matter there hasn't been a single report of this issue in 2009, period. We have enough "reality" there to play the hand and unless some reporter actually asks an intelligent question or two the house wins and the table folds.

I've seen this done so many times I can spot the instant in a press conference when one of these "house specials" gets slipped in. Once you see it a few times it stands out in a big, big way.

This one stands out. The house of "underlying conditions" is collapsing around them so they just had to roll out "reasonable doubt version 2 point O". The purpose of this is to restore that feeling of confidence most of us have every flu season that we will not die from flu this year. We're not old or HIV + or sporting a fresh organ transplant and besides, we got our Thimersol laden flu shot that missed being the right strain 8 out of 10 times since 1999.

I hate to do it. I hate to take away the CDC logo security blankets but you came here for truth, hard as it may be.

Every dead patient we know of was turning blue on the way to the hospital. That means either they were already suffering from fatal pneumonia or they were drowning in the aftermath of an immune response run away a.k.a. "cyto storm".

A MRSA co-infection leading to pneumonia is not an instant death sort of thing. It would take quite a while, long enough for the Dr to tell the family about it. We can expect to see some revisionist history at play as the families who aren't sitting down for "underlying conditions" get fed the "MRSA Co-Infection" special instead. If they came in blue and expired 12 hours later I can promise you there was no "MRSA" at fault. If they languish in the hospital on a ventilator for a week or two and then develop MRSA followed by pneumonia, well then we have a "possible winner".

(Forgive my gallows humor. Knowing I'm almost surely going to die from this if I'm not already doing so provides me with a sense of freedom and some comedic license. I'm here hoping I can help most of you as well as my own family survive).

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

hey is there any more detail on the 5 year girl?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I agree with your assessment.

Expecting people who drink their three square meals a day, and couldn't pass an entry level stats class to tell you what everything means is seriously stupid though.

The Data is all there though. You can go look for it. Often you do not even have to leave your chair.

The "media" isn't to blame. The government is providing the data. I can find it in minutes.

It is up to YOU and ME and all of those in the "masses" to engage our brains. The fact is that the information IS there.

The medium is the message. The MEDIUM is used to manipulate people. The message you are recieving is from the MEDIUM. The data is still there. You aren't being prevented from seeing the data. It is all right in front of you.

(you probably aren't going to die. the numbers are in your favour. If your ancestors lived in Europe or North America 90 years ago, you've probably got some natural resistance built in. Your ancestors obviously survived the first three rounds.

but to put things on your side, please be sure that you are addressing inflammation in your body. Asprin and very large doses of Turmeric and Serrapeptase throughout the day should be very helpful on this score. Turmeric is also known to help with diarrhea - another potentially bad symptom of this flu. )

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Many viruses become less lethal and peter out. Rejecting that possibility isn't useful.

You are reading reports that are opinion pieces - or "news" reporting opinion.

Further, you are reading pieces that are relatively accurate. Where those are being written, this flu isn't likely to be that bad. In an everyday scenario, all of those article represent a small truth that applies ONLY TO THAT REGION. Those articles are in English, and are coming from some of the richest places on the planet. Where the impact of any disease that is not lifestyle related will be softened.

Most people don't even think as far as their neighbours. This is what they care about. The news - lcoallly - is covering what is their concern. They really don't give a flying pig's bottom about what is going to happen next winter. They don't care about what is going to happen if it hits Indonesia or Africa. Even if they do care a bit, they know that those areas won't ever give realistic numbers, and other areas will just lie even more than ours do.

Yes, the "be calm" message is meant to reflect what people actually care about. Themselves. Most people in the richest areas of the planet don't really need to fuss so much about this flu.

I think you may have skipped a great deal of this thread. I know it's very long and we're working on a "get up to speed quick" post we can drop in every so often but you're representing positions that aren't being taken and just plain trying to argue something that's not worth arguing within this thread.

At the risk of sounding like a mod, I think you might be better served starting your own thread to represent your position that everyone is over reacting, not bothering to research, the powers that be aren't hiding anything and so on. This isn't the "debate swine flu conspiracy" thread. It's the news and updates including unofficial reports that have turned out to be more accurate than CNN" thread.

If you care to start a new thread for the debate I'll consider joining you there.

(Clouds, I'd wave bye bye - we've come too far to keep jumping back to this)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Not yet
it's in a Mexico County....

NBA LEGENDS CONTRACT SWINE FLU: CLAIM LEBRON IS BEST IN NBA!!
bleacherreport.com...

With swine flu, some school officials jump the gun
www.newsday.com...

New swine flu cases push Alberta total to 84
www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Dude.........I googled and those were the top two articles written.......

I am done with you on this.....I am not sure why you are here on this thread if you can sit at home and watch the news and pull up a few websites......I presently have a temp of 96.7......Your not going to find why I have influenza with a low grade temp on any of the main stream media outlets where 90% of the masses watch and look.........DONE!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Meeting between UN, WHO heads and vaccine makers leads to few donations

A summit between flu vaccine makers and the heads of the UN and the World Health Organization produced no new concrete offers of donated vaccine, the WHO said Tuesday.

While manufacturers acknowledged a global responsibility, at least one wanted to know who would pay for vaccine to be set aside for developing countries. And none of the major manufacturers offered to donate or set aside for UN purchase a portion of their H1N1 vaccine production, a WHO spokesperson said.

But Melinda Henry played down the lack of progress, saying talks are ongoing.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
NBA LEGENDS CONTRACT SWINE FLU: CLAIM LEBRON IS BEST IN NBA!!
bleacherreport.com...

That's gotta be satire.

Note - I was talking to parents while waiting for the kids to get out of school today. 'swine flu? What swine flu? Oh .. that media hype thing ...' they all say.

Media hype? What media hype?

new topics

top topics

<< 396  397  398    400  401  402 >>

join