It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
"Swine Flu" - What a way to handle coming jobless rates?

- Mass murder of nations 1st degree!

There is no way back to that debt based economic boom - theres just too much people to feed... Is elite doing "their job" now?

- More space to golfcourses, less traffic to worry about... No crimes, no poors, but elites heaven on earth... Just few servants they can spare from us.

U.K. PM Brown says a 12-year-old girl from Torbay and two adults from Birmingham and London have been diagnosed with swine flu.
twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

i hope your not right !!.
i was going to buy some ffp3 masks yesterday, but then i thought no wait for more info, & now we have a first swine flu case in london, not good, swine flu in london tubes will spread very fast i think !!!. maybe if masks only offer a degree of protection it be worth buying some, & besides masks cant be totally useless or medical staff wouldnt be getting them eh ?.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
1918 Spanish Flu - The influenza virus had a profound virulence, with a mortality rate between 2.5% - 5% compared to the previous influenza epidemics, which were less than 0.1%. It was the second wave of Spanish flu that killed millions of people.

UK homes to get swine flu advice
news.bbc.co.uk...

Delivery of the government leaflets should start within days.

The World Health Organization (WHO) raised its pandemic alert status to level four on Monday - two levels from a full pandemic - after concluding there had been sustained transmission between humans.

Scroll down to Spanish flu research
en.wikipedia.org...

An effort to recreate the 1918 flu strain (a subtype of avian strain H1N1) was a collaboration among the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory and Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York; the effort resulted in the announcement (on October 5, 2005) that the group had successfully determined the virus's genetic sequence, using historic tissue samples recovered by pathologist Johan Hultin from a female flu victim buried in the Alaskan permafrost and samples preserved from American soldiers.[42]

On January 18, 2007, Kobasa et al. reported that monkeys (Macaca fascicularis) infected with the recreated strain exhibited classic symptoms of the 1918 pandemic and died from a cytokine storm[43] – an overreaction of the immune system. This may explain why the 1918 flu had its surprising effect on younger, healthier people, as a person with a stronger immune system would potentially have a stronger overreaction.[44]

On September 16, 2008, the body of Yorkshire landowner Sir Mark Sykes was exhumed to study the RNA of the Spanish flu virus in efforts to understand the genetic structure of modern H5N1 bird flu. Sykes had been buried in 1919 in a lead coffin which scientists hope will have helped preserve the virus.[45]

Spanish flu and Swine flu are both H1N1 subtypes.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
U.K. PM Brown says a 12-year-old girl from Torbay and two adults from Birmingham and London have been diagnosed with swine flu.
twitter.com...

Yeah, I've just heard about that.

It is important to understand the circumstances and determined whether or not these people have visited Mexico.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
A gas mask with a chem / bio filter (standard NATO 40mm, for example) will protect you.

N100 face masks offer protection if worn correctly and not shifted around constantly. Gloves and situational awareness offer the most protection otherwise.

I was lucky enough to get a family set of nano masks with extra filters prior to the rush as well as bio / chem / nuke capable gas masks in adult and youth sizes with plenty of spare filters. I plan to stay isolated but if I go to the store on a late night excursion I plan to go protected.

WHO is about to go level 5 and 6 which will be martial law, forced injections, relocation, quarantine, etc. I wonder how long it will take for them to decide they need to gather up all our guns?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

A 12-year-old girl is among five people in the UK who have contracted swine flu after visiting Mexico, the Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, has confirmed. Two adults - one from Birmingham and one from London - are also undergoing treatment, as are the two previously confirmed cases in Scotland. The girl's school in Torbay, Devon, has been closed and all pupils are to be offered anti-viral drugs.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Worried about MASKS???? Read the thread I started about masks..

link is below...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Surgical masks help stop droplets from spreading, but respirators are designed to filter small particles. If used correctly, respirators are more likely to reduce flu risk, the CDC says.

LA Times

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RocKukko

So... We get it here to Finland too? - It was expected... But our byrocratic PM "Matti" will just say hundreds, and hundreds times again: - "In Finland we have nothing to worry, we have medicin (That awful and wrong Tamiflu) for all, and our prepareness stays in high level."

I am part of reserves for catastrophes - and I assure you, there is no such thing as prepareness to these kind of events, none. We havent kept not a single training for a decade now - Its all based by wrong illusions.

((: Noh, Voehan Vittu!
)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Another school closed in the United States.

Meanwhile, probable swine flu is being reported in Illinois.

State public health officials said Wednesday that more than one case is being sent to federal authorities for confirmation.

"Probable" means the Illinois Department of Public Health has conducted tests on patient specimens showing swine flu is probable.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

FOXNews.com

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
BreakingNewsCDC's Besser tells CNN: "My heart goes out to the family," as the US government confirms a 2-year-old baby as the first swine flu fatality.22 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

EDIT: This is the beginning of the deaths outside of Mexico

[edit on 29-4-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Austria has confirmed its first case of swine flu as the virus continues to spread .9 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

# BULLETIN -- WHO CALLS EMERGENCY MEETING, MAY DECLARE PANDEMIC EMERGENCY TODAY.less than a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

[edit on 29-4-2009 by IamNow]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I live in Southeastern CT in the US ...They have their first 2 confirmed cases...I teach electronics in the Navy and this morning i have students who are feeling flu like symptons..
www.theday.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Now +88 Dead Scientists And Microbiologists

Judge for yourself...
www.rense.com...

Swine flu virus advice to be sent to every home in Britain

news.xinhuanet.com...

France to ask EU to suspend flights to Mexico

www.pr-inside.com...

[edit on 29-4-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Looks like WHO will raise the threat level to 5 sometime today, what will this mean?

The World Health Organization will be holding a telephone news conference at 4 p.m. GMT, officials tell BNO News.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by IamNow]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The Pandemic Alert/Threat can rise even without deaths. A pandemic means an infectious disease that can spread globally

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

I posted a change quite a few pages back,.... here is alink to another chart and explanation.

www.who.int...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

I'm monitoring the WHO quite vigorously.

School closed in Devon to ensure the 12 year old has not spread the virus (similar to what occurred in America)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
PRESIDENT speaking live NOW

(Not sure if this will mention anything about flu)

Seems it is only regarding Sen. Arlen Spector.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by BeyondPerception]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The World Health Organization is calling a third emergency meeting of its flu experts in response to a spike in swine flu cases.

The panel meeting Wednesday will discuss the current alert level — at phase 4, two levels below the threshold for a full pandemic outbreak.

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
PRESIDENT speaking live NOW

(Not sure if this will mention anything about flu)

Seems it is only regarding Sen. Arlen Specter.

Ant live feeds on it?

new topics

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join