It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor
Who thinks they'll call phase 5 today?

Both hands up!

line 2

link   
"If you're home alone there's no need to wear a mask"
-Live NY Briefing

Gee, thanks!

link   
reply to post by Bosko

Beleive me when I say there are not a further 23 people suspected in Scotland. It says it all when they are talking about people with mild cold symptoms. If thats the criteria all my family are suspected cases. Fear mongering by the media...why? your guess is as good as mine.

respects

link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

DHS doesn't seem like they want to. They appear to be too worried about the economy to call it. That's what I took away from their conference at least.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bonesinis

Here in Holland we have 4 million of tamiflu(and 17 million people), when a deadly pandemic should occur, 25% of the world would be affected. Thats what i heard today on the news, a virologist talked about that. And 25% doesnt mean that a quarter would be killed but affected. And offcourse of the 25 procent people will die. But in this case its still not known. No fatalities out of mexico, we will have to wait on the outcome of the 2 in LA.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

I say they raise it tomorrow. They will allow the U.S. government to call it first. The WHO has let the U.S. call the shots so far.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983

DHS doesn't seem like they want to. They appear to be too worried about the economy to call it. That's what I took away from their conference at least.

I think they'll call it after the stock market closes today. If anything, wouldn't stocks rise due to people going out and flooding the stores and buying everything they can?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
7 more swine flu cases confirmed in Canada, all mild

www.cbc.ca...

And more from Canada..

Air Transat cancels flights to Mexico

www.thestar.com...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by k_sin]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bonesinis

Originally posted by bonesinis
reply to post by elitegamer23

What scares me is that there is about 300 million of us here in the states and only 80 million doses. What about the other 220 million of us?

i hereby declare mothers and children first.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

oh just great I am 10 minutes from the marin county line and my hub is working over there now
this has NOT been in our news at ALL yet

[edit on 28-4-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just curious of how many will be willing to take the Baxter vaccine that is coming knowing there vaccine history in March?

Who will take the tamiflu knowing that it is only good for certain strains and it will not be affective against preventing this strain?

link   

Yeah they probably would but there was one guy who kept smiling and saying it was important to remain calm for the economy and many families depend on these (assuming pigs?) for their survival.

So, it seems to be like they are being very cautious about causing any kind of panic.

Wolf Blitzer is on CNN now. Heard him just say there is no corner of the Earth you can hide from this infection. I have no idea why he said this or if he was saying a quote. Un-muted the tv and head him say it. Will look into more.

link   
9pm Headlines on UK SkyNews:

100's sick in New York as Swine flu spreads.

Scottish couple's family shocked at hearing they have swine flu.

link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor

Originally posted by mkross1983

I think they'll call it after the stock market closes today. If anything, wouldn't stocks rise due to people going out and flooding the stores and buying everything they can?

and then they will plummet when everyone is too scared to go to work, to school, to fly, to the mall, out to eat.

are you people ready for martial law?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Where oh where is any more news from Mexico???
It's like it's all dried up and blown away!

You'd think it would be crucial because of the timeline as to how many,how severe,if more have died...there is nada right now.

Anyone venture a guess about this ?

No f-ing way in heaven or hell will I take any shot I am "told" to take...I had Scarlet Fever as a baby because of the drugs they told my Mom "were good for her..."

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
VeratectUS, New York: Health Officials State “Hundreds” of Children May Have Contracted Swine Influenza Associated With Queens School. #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

EDIT: Already mentioned but added again due to an update with which school.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Doctors investigating four cases of suspected swine flu in Ireland have given patients the all-clear. It seems they were just pissed.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
perhaps good news for Canadians:

- Vaccine: Canada is one of few countries in the world that has a contract with a private drug manufacture (GlaxoSmithKline) to produce enough flu vaccine for all Canadians. However, supply could initially be scarce, since it could take up to six months to produce a vaccine, so the plan calls for health-care workers and those at high risk to receive the vaccine first.

www.canada.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Here's some possibly grim news:

The Los Angeles County coroner's office is investigating two recent deaths that officials say could be related to the recent global swine flu outbreak. However, no tests have come back positive for the swine flu, and medical examiners have not officially determined what caused the deaths.

[Updated at 9:30 a.m.: Coroner's spokesman Craig Harvey said his office would collect specimens from the deceased and send them to the county public health department, which would determine whether either person died from the swine flu. If so, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention would be notified, Harvey said.]

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by elitegamer23

more like 80 million are going to fill the coffers of those who are involved with tamiflu, obama included.

respects

Anyone can get invloved with Tamiflu, it's a public traded stock with options.

Anyone can take a gamble and buy shares of GlaxoSmithKline (Relenza) or Roche (Tamiflu) if they are so inclined.

new topics

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join