It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
anyone got that google map link showing the progress of the flu and reported affected areas?

it was posted here but I can't find it

This is a good Google map, it seems to be updated often.

H1N1 Outbreak Map

Edit: Mod - Please delete extra post's

[edit on 28-4-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

our fearless leader hasn,t picked them yet

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Connecticutt

www.connpost.com

HARTFORD -- Two "probable" cases of swine flu have been reported in Southbury and Stratford, Gov. M. Jodi Rell announced this afternoon, adding that the two adults involved are recovering and have not been hospitalized.

"Caution is the key word today," Rell told reporters in her Capitol office. "It is time for caution and most of all for preparation."

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

The original poster left when asked about a link to that information. I have just searched and would say that information on the suspected in Ireland is untrue.

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Secretary Napolitano just stated the us government has 50 million courses of tamiflu, the states have 23 million courses and the military has 7 million.

she then stated the supply will meet the demand and the cdc will ramp up production of more.

does this mean 80 million people in the united states are expected to get the swine flu and maybe more?

i might have heard her wrong and i hope i just misunderstand what her statement could mean.

damn the people in the press briefing looked scared. what are we in store for?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pompano
reply to post by apacheman

Apparantley you have missed the fact that Mexico is one of the top spring break destinations in the world, and that most of the folks that brought it back to there countries, were in fact students vactioning on spring break.

Nope, didn't forget that...in fact that was my first assumption. But the subsequent patterns didn't support that as the primary transmission route. Think about it: which groups fell ill first? Mostly student groups from religious schools who went to Mexico either just before or during Easter. Devout Catholics who were ill would very naturally go to church at Easter, frequently...perhaps several masses a day...in hopes of divine help. I'm telling you the churches are going to turn out to be an important vector in this. Not the only one, mind you, but the primary one.

And this has nothing whatsoever to do with religion. I'm just talking about mechanics of transmission here.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

WHO Awaits U.S. Confirmation on HumanSpread:

* WHO awaits U.S. confirmation on sustained human spread

* If confirmed, phase 5 pandemic alert could be declared

* Questions remain on low mortality in Mexico

* Worldwide, cases confirmed to WHO rise to 79 with 7 deaths

link   

I believe this map is being updated more regularly.
tinyurl.com/swinemap09

[edit on 28/4/2009 by MorfeuZ]

link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

more like 80 million are going to fill the coffers of those who are involved with tamiflu, obama included.

respects

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Update

RodrigoMx4 flu samples from Arizona sent to CDC for testing
less than a minute ago from TweetDeck

~Keeper

link   

What scares me is that there is about 300 million of us here in the states and only 80 million doses. What about the other 220 million of us?

link   
Update

RodrigoMx4 flu samples from Arizona sent to CDC for testing
less than a minute ago from TweetDeck

Seems Canada is starting to see sporatic but clear signs of infection.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

The original poster left when asked about a link to that information. I have just searched and would say that information on the suspected in Ireland is untrue.

respects

No im from ireland, look at thisswine flu chart maps.google.com...,-116.139221&spn=2.062781,3.99353& z=8

There is 23 suspect in ireland.. yikes!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

It appears that the 23 in Ireland is actually 23 new suspected in Scotland. The news report it cited says Scotland instead of Ireland.

www.guardian.co.uk... m-family

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

That map has been proved to be incorrect, some of those suspected ahave been there since yesterday. i would put no faith in that map personally.

Remember double check all info on other sources.

respects

[edit on 28-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Update Deaths In US Confirmed.

RodrigoMxTest results on two Marin County residents have determined that they are swine flu victims... first confirmed cases in the Bay Area
half a minute ago from TweetDeck

~Keeper

[edit on 4/28/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Who thinks they'll call phase 5 today?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I don't think it means anything. You can't predict how many people are going to be infected.

There is a threshold though, meaning that once you have a certain percentage of the population treated for it, the chances of further infection diminish drastically. But this isn't an inoculation, it's treatment. So the main idea is that you stockpile as much as possible, and the government have managed to stock up on so much with restrictions on cost, availability and production etc.

I don't think any government can ever predict how many courses of treatment they would need for anything, they just have to stockpile enough to treat as many as possible.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bosko
reply to post by captiva

It appears that the 23 in Ireland is actually 23 new suspected in Scotland. The news report it cited says Scotland instead of Ireland.

www.guardian.co.uk... m-family

Are they tryna mess with our heads, i just looked and indecator was on ireland saying 23, 3 mins later and its gone

new topics

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join