It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Wizard Tasered at Coachella

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Saw the title and expected another paranoid, exaggerated thread. But I was wrong. Damn cops use excessive force on a man (with the littlest penis ever, but whatever); pretty shocking. You have three fat @ss cops who turn to the taser way too quickly. But what can we expect from a profession that consists mostly of ex high school jocks and/or dummies that are on a seriously demented power trip...

S&F

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberty Lawyer

Originally posted by imitator

I would wager you are very wrong.... Taser can have long lasting side effects and kill as well.

I would love to see your sources.

Taser Safety Issues

Ignorance is never an excuse. Someone who frequents these boards should know that...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
Let it be said to those that read this without watching the video that he was first tased as he was running away from the cops,regardless of the knee to the chest or not..

That doesn't change the fact that the officers repeatedly tased him and applied reckless force after he was on the ground in a submissive position.

Legitimate police action prior to police abuse does not legitimize said abuses.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Why do people keep saying it's in public? It looks like a ticketed event on private land to me. As mentioned in the thread, Chilli Peppers performed on stage there naked one year, and it's a big event for pagans, who practise nudity as part of their beliefs.

Also all this "think of the children" nonsense annoys me, if you are worried, don't take your children to a private pagan event. It's not like he was doing anything in a sexually aggressive manner, he was just enjoying himself in his natural state.

That said, if you don't comply with the cops, it is to be expected that you will be tazed or similar, but the cops should never have been trying to get him to COMPLY WITH THE MAN in the first place, unless nudity at a private ticketed event is now banned.

[edit on 27/4/2009 by RubberBaron]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Sorry for the daft reply, but after reading the report on the link I laughed out loud and it provided me with the most humorous line I've seen for ages.

After reading the story, maybe it was a concert or even a Pagan festival, getting your clothes off is a natural thing but even the most common man should have the decorum not to uncloth incase someone gets offended.
Apparently the Police did ask him but he refused, the Police should have tried to convince him more before zapping him, but the best bit?

Is the line saying "Warning : Video contains 'Naked Wizard Nudity', I can understand 'brief nudity' or ' nakedness' But to label it 'Naked Wizard Nudity' , man that had me laughing ...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Go back to 3:00/3:01 of the video, you can see where this gets out of hand.

The biggest cop (IMO) does a knee-drop on a complaint suspect in a submissive position.
----

Cop Defenders: Still waiting on if you think that what the largest cop (IMO) did was 'appropriate force' (at 3:00/3:01 of the video)

Is kneeing a complaint suspect, in a submissive position, considered 'excessive force'?

If a cop throws all of his weight via a knee to the chest, to a unarmed, complaint suspect (who is also in a submissive position) 'appropriate force'?

(Multi-asked incase it was too hard to understand the first time...)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

No it was best that he run around showing his penis to everyone there, don't you know its called being skyclad and its absolutely necessary ?
He was also high which is also an important part of his religion.

I am the first to rag on the Police when they do wrong and I do so confidently as I have been on both sides.

This guy is no victim of Police violence or abuse and the Cops did a great job and acted with great restraint.

He was given numerous opportunity's to put his clothes on but he refused and as the video shows became combative.

He took a well deserved lighting ride and this is no way like the many other taser abuses I have seen on tape

I guess some here are so stupid that they don't see how a man high on drugs who refuses to put his clothes on even when ordered to do so by the Police is a danger to the public.

Want to run around naked?
Do it on your own private property and the Police would not care or have a thing to say about it.

Maybe all his defenders would have liked to see this moron wagging his penis in front of their Mothers, Sisters or Wives.

[edit on 4/27/2009 by samhouston1886]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

What do you think about my question posted above? You agree that it was 'appropriate force' to knee a complaint suspect (who was in a submissive position) in the chest? 3:00/3:01 of the video.

EDIT--
Here is a screen capture of the incident, be sure to watch up to the 3:00 mark in the video, to see if this was appropriate. (Remember 'perp' is in submissive position, already on the ground, and being held by 1 cop.)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c4ce7429691.jpg[/atsimg]

Tazing, grabbing for gun, etc. ALL happened after this. That would lead me to hypothosize that this may be the catalyst for all the other events that unfolded.

Was that 'appropriate force' what I have depicted in the screen capture, (3:00/3:01 mark of the video)?

[edit on 4/27/2009 by adigregorio]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have to fess up now - I only just watched the video.

Now I feel sick.

To all the posters declaring their agreement with the police action: SHAME ON YOU!

Yes, 3 minutes in that big fat cop drops all 200+ pounds of his overweight self, via his knee, into the naked guys chest, and then the mood gets instantly darker.

Yes, they taze him in the chest and back of the neck

www.residentadvisor.net...

Above link sure makes it look like Empire Polo Field is a private club. If so, then this guy wasn't even breaking the f'ing stupid law in the first place.

/rant

[edit on 27/4/09 by RogerT]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by imitator

I would wager you are very wrong.... Taser can have long lasting side effects and kill as well.

I would love to see your sources.

Taser Safety Issues

Ignorance is never an excuse. Someone who frequents these boards should know that...

You seriously didn't cite a Wikipedia article, did you? The entire academic world just uttered one large, unanimous "HA."

And you seriously didn't cite a Wikipedia article that is vague and makes logical leaps, did you? It talks about 180 deaths since 2006, but it doesn't even address whether the deaths are a direct result of the taser. In fact, it explicitly states that the study on the deaths had not yet determined the causation of the deaths.

And you seriously didn't cite a Wikipedia article that is virtually citation free for the purposes you cited, did you? Like where it claims tasers can cause cardiac arrhythmia, without a cite?

I would expect more from someone who frequents these boards...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
I have to fess up now - I only just watched the video.

Now I feel sick.

To all the posters declaring their agreement with the police action: SHAME ON YOU!

Yes, 3 minutes in that big fat cop drops all 200+ pounds of his overweight self, via his knee, into the naked guys chest, and then the mood gets instantly darker.

Yes, they taze him in the chest and back of the neck

www.residentadvisor.net...

Above link sure makes it look like Empire Polo Field is a private club. If so, then this guy wasn't even breaking the f'ing stupid law in the first place.

/rant

[edit on 27/4/09 by RogerT]

You do realize that you can break the law on private property, correct?

You cannot walk onto your lawn dancing without expecting the cops to show up.

There are plenty of laws that this guy broke. Are they anal-retentive laws that cops typically don't enforce? Sure. But that doesn't mean he didn't break the law.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

if this is infact the club www.empirepolo.net...
I'm would have to go out on a limb and say that they probably do not advocate naked wizards..The staff probably called the cops...

of topic but remember everytime you point a finger theres 3 pointing back..

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

And you seriously didn't cite a Wikipedia article that is virtually citation free for the purposes you cited, did you? Like where it claims tasers can cause cardiac arrhythmia, without a cite?

I would expect more from someone who frequents these boards...

Hmmm let's take a look then...

Oh, there are 64 sources in there. Right, its "virtually citation free". Allow me to post some links then, since Wikipedia is apparently the bane of information.

Police Officer Suffers Spine Fractures at Taser Demonstration

Man dies after police jolt him with stun gun

One-third of people shot by Taser need medical attention: probe

TASER Danger?, 70 Deaths After Use Of Stun Gun Lead To Questions Over Its Safety - CBS News

Stun guns not risk free, inquiry told

Police stun-gun may be lethal, firm admits

Taser shocks ruled cause of death

Man dies after being Tasered

There's eight to get you started. Now are you going to say these are disreputable sources of information?

I'll say it once more, ignorance is never an excuse.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I find the silence from the cop "non-haters" amusing!!

No one up to the challenge of answering my question?

Here it is again (PS I won't stop asking, in case you were wondering.)

Was what the officer did at 3:00/3:01 of the video 'acceptable' force?

EDIT--(clarification)
Kneeing a compliant suspect who is in a submissive postion on the ground, is what the officer was doing (IMO) at 3:00/3:01

Remember all your defences (ie reaching for a gun) do not apply yet, for they have not happened. Methinks that is why my question is being 'ignored', I always say:

"If a question is too hard to answer, or the answer is against your position, then pretend no one asked the question!"

Deny Ignorance, Ha!

[edit on 4/28/2009 by adigregorio]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
How can so many people watch this video and not one yet post about how sexy that girl that shook his hand was?

That said, nobody has the right to impose their whims on others.

Just because he wasn't directly hurting anyone at the moment he still doesn't have the right to force others to deal with his whim of wanting to be naked. Some may say it's harmless but some can't speak for everyone present.

If he were wearing an Obama or Ron Paul or Save the Whales t-shirt and law enforcement wanted him to cover up, THAT'S a freedom of speech infringement and I would be the first to come to his defense.

That's not what this was however.

This was a person not losing control but rather trying to exercise control.

He was trying to exercise control over those who might be uncomfortable with his actions but not willing to do anything about it. He was trying to force those around him to deal with his whim regardless of how it made them feel.

For that reason, aside from the fact that he was breaking a well known law, I believe the actions taken by law enforcement were both proper and justified.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Its called being Skyclad and is regulary done by many followers of the Pagan paths, this guy was doing nothing more than believing in his religion, and the Cops should have respected that (even more so seeing as it was at a Pagan festival and people there would have expected some nudity anyway.)

It would the same principle for Tasering a Christian for refusing to remove their Cross. I used to follow Paganism myself so I know that this man was neither Drunk, Insane or Stupid. Infact what the Police were even doing there in the first place I dont know and they sure as hell shouldnt be dictating to followers of a religion as to what their beliefs should be.

So, even if what they are doing is illegal, everyone should ignore or tolerate it because it's part of his "religion"? What if my religion demands human sacrifice like most did? Is that ok too?

What if my religion demands that I kill you for not following it like most religions do? Is that ok too?

Point being , religious freedom is NOT an excuse to break the law. If your religion says you should be naked then you need to go to a place where that is acceptable behavior, eg, nude beach or religious nudie fruitcake retreat.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by traveler928

So you think that kneeing a compliant suspect in the chest is appropriate force?

That is what happens at 3:00 3:01 of the video. BEFORE any of the other events, (Reaching for the gun, trying to run away, etc)

I mean if the 'other side' of this debate really feels that was appropriate force, how can you debate? I do wonder this though:

When does it become 'excessive'? Can the cop punch the guys lights out, while he is on the ground in that same position? What about just tazing him then instead of risking a broken rib?

"If someone asks a question that is too hard to answer, or the answer is against my position, pretend the question was not asked." (I should add that to my signature, it happens more often than a 'good thread'...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I'll reply to that.

He wasn't in a submissive position. Submissive means inclined or ready to submit unresistingly.

You can see in the video and even in that still frame that he was still resisting.

Restraining someone doesn't mean restraining someone when they feel like it, or by sharing an equal portion of the struggle.

It was obvious through the several minutes prior that the man wasn't going to comply with very polite requests made by law enforcement.

It would be irresponsible to the further jeopardize the safety of all involved by not using all the force and tactics available to them in order not to extend the restraint.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by traveler928

Ahh, well I have had 3 police watch this part of the video. All 3 were on the side of the Police, until I had them study the first 3 minutes again.

In their professional opinion, that was (and I quote): "Uncalled for."

(This is only to explain why I was so persistant with my question, I am currently searching for more 'data' on what exactly 'appropriate force' would be in this.)

My research so far has yielded nothing of substance. I am going to see if I can find the suspects name as well, so we can see if he had any broken ribs due to that kneeing. (Would it still be 'appropriate force' if he did? If not, how come? Rhetorical question(s).)

One last thing, we have heard of cruel and unusual punishment right? I would think WWE wrestling moves on naked suspects would be covered...

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join