It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Wizard Tasered at Coachella

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberty Lawyer
And besides, there are no long-lasting after-effects of tasers. They stun you, you get some burn marks, but they don't paralyze you and they don't permanently affect you. Otherwise, the police would just use guns and shoot peoples' knee caps when they attempt to flee.

I would wager you are very wrong.... Taser can have long lasting side effects and kill as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I'm sorry, he doesn't seem like much of a wizard to me.

You are correct. The First rule of Naked Wizardry is always have at least two Mass Charm Person spells memorized in case the local constabulary happens to make their saving throw vs. spells!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If he wants to go naked then go naked, but if the cops told him to do something which he refused several times, of course they're going to take measures so they can get him clothed again, its not police brutality in my eyes, it happens everywhere.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pleaseiwannaknow
If he wants to go naked then go naked, but if the cops told him to do something which he refused several times, of course they're going to take measures so they can get him clothed again, its not police brutality in my eyes, it happens everywhere.

people overdose on meth and heroin everywhere too
does that make shooting up ok?
people are shooting people everywhere lately too
so is it ok for me to go and shoot a bunch of cops?

of course not, just because police abuse the power given to them everywhere, doesnt make it right

and if that isnt police brutality, i seriously dont want to see what is

i know police have done a lot worse and will do a lot worse again

but that doesnt make it ok

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Wonder if the police would have let him of with a warning if he did put his clothes back on ? They did give him plenty of opportunity for hm to do that

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
How many ways do I have to type this out for people to understand..Both child molesttation and public nudity are BOTH ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so is police brutality

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

How many ways do I have to type this out for people to understand..Both child molesttation and public nudity are BOTH ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

the fact is that just because people think its ok,doesnt make it legal..

And just because it is law does not make it right.

In some countries adult males i.e. 18+ are allowed to marry and have sex with children as young as 12 - and probably younger in countries like Saudi Arabia. That is law. Are you happy with that law?

In Saudia Arabia you can chop a woman's limb off for cheating on a man. That is law. Are you happy with that law?

Just because someone tells you that it is written in a magic book of rules that you can't do something does not mean that you shouldn't challenge the process.

We need to challenge laws every day if we believe that they are wrong or should be amended.

It sounds like you are just happy to do as you are told!

And public nudity is not entirely illegal in public spaces. Have you been to the beach?

[edit on 26/4/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
ok i have the solution to everybody's problems. instead of tazers lets just shoot people with Rhino tranquilizers. i saw old school i saw how much fun Will Ferrell seemed to have. so thats it, out with the tazer in with the tranquilizers.

any objections? its humane, its easy on the cops, you wake up refreshed and relaxed, sounds like a win win situation to me.

you see thats the problem these days not enough people thinking outside the box.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

do u live in those countries?????? are these laws effecting you personally??? if the answer is no then maybe your should not get too concerned with other countries their customs and laws. im pretty sure they dont care what you think.

the world doesnt need saving, you do.

baby steps.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
do u live in those countries?????? are these laws effecting you personally??? if the answer is no then maybe your should not get too concerned with other countries their customs and laws. im pretty sure they dont care what you think.

It does affect me personally. I am not ignorant enough to let man-made borders and nationalism decide when another person deserves respect and to be treated humanely.

And who are the 'they' you are referring to? Answer me this and I will respond to that point accordingly.

the world doesnt need saving, you do.

Bizarre. Saving the world? I need saving?

It must be beer o'clock in your land!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by drwizardphd

So you're okay with people being outdoors with no clothes on?

I'm not. Where there children around?

OMG, quite shocked that such an active ATS member would be so prudish.

Did mommy tell you your body parts were 'dirty' when you were a kid??

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

and how do u subdue a naked man anyhow?

I think a giant butterfly net would be in order.

This video was so bizarre I don't what to focus on. Anyway, I think the concert was being held on private property. Unless the police were responding to a compliant by the land owner, they really don't have much authority.

What is more puzzling was the size of the dude's packet. Why would anyone fell free to expose such a short coming I don't know.

Even more troubling, the police officer uses the tazer directly on the chest area to the heart and to the brain stem at the back of the neck. My understanding is that the training provided by the manufacturer specifies that tazers should be used on major muscle groups yet the officers was trying to directly access the autonomic system. Perhaps it is a practice that relates to the spate of deaths due to tazers over the last several months.

I surmise that the safety testing of Tazers were conducted using proscribed techniques that are not used in practise in the field.

[edit on 033030p://pm3039 by masonwatcher]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
How many get tazed annually at the gay pride parades? No, didn't think so.

Here's a nice pick of a couple of large fella's wearing nowt more than a leather strap.... butt naked. I'd wager the macho hetero taze-happy cops would be terrified to go anywhere near them, let alone 'handle' them

www.henrymakow.com...

America has a big problem with its aversion to nudity. Gratuitious violence is A-OK, but show a bit of skin and the country falls apart

Defending the use of the Tazer, a rather brutal weapon, on a happy-go-lucky naked idiot, harming no-one and fully in harmony with the local environment and public spirit of the event, is really quite sad.

It's the responses to threads like this that make it clear things will have to get much much worse before we begin to get our humanity back.

'It's the law!' ... jeeez ... Watch out for that cliff you lemmings!

[edit on 26/4/09 by RogerT]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What allot of people are forgeting about the whole''Its against the law'' argument is this and its simple..

The law is in place to protect the people who wish not to see a naked man..But the ones shouting that it shouldnt be are selfish..while you want the law to be ignored for your motives it shouldnt be ignored for the person who just *doesn't want something forced onto them..IE

running around naked in public is forcing something onto someone else..

Oh and to who ever assumed I just like to follow orders..Far from it buddy..But I am grown up enough and have a responsible mindset to realize that the law is written to protect people from illegal actions and to allow lawfull actions..

*edit..

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

But the ones shouting that it shouldnt be are selfish..while you want the law to be ignored for your motives it shouldnt be ignored for the person who just wants something forced onto them..IE

running around naked in public is forcing something onto someone else..

Man, even if that paragraph actually made grammatical sense, you really didn't think it through did you?

'Forcing their naked body on me by running around without clothes'? good grief!!

Perhaps I don't like the colour of your eyes, it is offensive to me, should I petition for a law so you have to wear sun glasses in public. would it then be ok with you if you get tazed for taking your glasses off at a local concert celebrating the beauty of the naked eyes?

[edit on 26/4/09 by RogerT]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Is that better fo u...Ijut hope it is..

criticizing some one for poor grammer or proof reading doesn't make you any better than anyone else in this discusion..Though you may feel the need to show some kinda authority over the one your bickering with to make yourself feel better..

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Super stars for you! I tried to explain to these folks earlier, they will not have it! Intelligence slips off his crowd ultra fast for some reason.

If the wizards (lawmakers) write a new spell (law) then magically it must be followed. Furthermore, if that spell is broken, any use of force is allowed to re-cast the spell.

Joe: "Hey Copper!!! That guy just broke the "jay-walking" spell!!!"
Cop: "HEY YOU!!! SPELL-BREAKER!! FREEZE!"
Joe: "Oh no! Your freeze spell didn't work either!!, zap him!"

All a bunch of D&D if you ask me, I always liked being a Ranger anyways. Now if you excuse me I have to go roll a 2d20 and see how full lunch is going to make me.

EDIT**
Also, I have to agree on the bad form of calling grammar on the carpet. As long as one can understand what is being said, who cares if the words are spelled/organized properly. (IE If it ain't broke don't fix it. And it is working, at least I understood what he said...)

[edit on 4/26/2009 by adigregorio]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Oh and to who ever assumed I just like to follow orders..Far from it buddy..But I am grown up enough and have a responsible mindset to realize that the law is written to protect people from illegal actions and to allow lawfull actions..

That's cool.

It's just that I highlighted instances where so called law fails to protect people from basic human rights. Where the law supports a policing body to commit horrendous acts against a human being for acts of passion. Where children are subjected to ordeals beyond their control or understanding due to the vulnerablility of their very young age.

We all know that laws should be there to protect the people - my point is that not all laws are good laws.

Not all laws protect people. Not all laws are supported by the people. Take the UK's role in the recent Iraq invasion. Apparently it was lawful! Totally unsupported by the British people...but that's for another thread......

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

The law is in place to protect the people who wish not to see a naked man..But the ones shouting that it shouldnt be are selfish..while you want the law to be ignored for your motives it shouldnt be ignored for the person who just *doesn't want something forced onto them..IE

How naked is naked? A man dragging a tree trunk behind him while walking is truly naked and liable to frighten the horses but that dude was harmless.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It's really sickening to see so many people defending the police response in this video. They clearly overcompensated for their inability to peacefully control the situation.

It's also surprising to see that so many ATS members espousing such aversion and condemnation of nudity in the context of this music festival.

The guy is not masturbating in Sunday school, he's playing nature boy at a music festival, where it's likely that the majority in attendance don't give a crap, much less take moral offense.

If there were kids around, the experience of seeing the acceptance of a naked person in public would have been more constructive than witnessing a brutal beating.

I'm still surprised at how a site seemingly dedicated to alternative subjects and critical thinking can be a home to so many rigid and puritanical sentiments.

To the posters whose primary comment is on the size of the man's penis: What are you, 12 years old? ...grow up!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join