It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kazakhstan: Government to build UFO base and alien embassy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Kazakhstan: Government to build UFO base and alien embassy

www.sott.net

The Republic of Kazakhstan in Central Asia is in the process of building the world's first alien embassy according to some local media reports. If these reports are to be believed, the authorities have already allocated a large plot of land in the city of Almaty for this ambitious project. Facilities to be built within the complex will include a guesthouse, theatre and translation service. A purpose built UFO landing pad and checkpoint will be attached to the embassy.

Kazakhstan's government believes open contact with aliens is imminent and by being the first nation to specifically create such facilities they are convinced they will reap enormous financial and economic rewards. The Kazakhstan Government also see this as a chance to demonstrate their nations forward thinking policies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edited to finish paragraph.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by grover]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Either they know something we don't or they are hoping to drum up some tourist dollars or they have been smoking whacky tobaccie again... or all three.

Personally while I believe that the universe it teeming with life I also understand that the science is against interstellar travel...

... besides that the risk of the exchange of pathogens it just too great for both us and them for any casual contact...

and given how aggressive the human race is... if I were an alien I would give this place a wide berth.

So I'm betting that they are after tourist dollars.

www.sott.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Orginal source

express-k.kz...

Well, it is genuine and not a hoax story. In all honesty, I am speechless, I have no idea what to say in relation to this story.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Thanks for the link.

Like I said there are so many odds against aliens visiting us that I am certain this is a tourism ploy.

One of the biggest proofs (as far as I am concerned) that sightings of physical aliens is a hoax is that they look too much like us...

... the odds of the almost parallel evolution of a form... in this case basically the human form... on planets separated by such vast distances is astronomical.

I think that H. P. Lovecraft had it right... that alien life forms would be so alien we would consider them monsters.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Wow, now that's long overdue, finally someone takes the first step!
The possibility of being alone in the universe is zero, the possibility of being visited although is very small too, but this slight possibility justifies such base, and other countries should also follow that example.
A way to get tourists into the country? No, I don't think so, this base wouldn't look any different to other small airports, nothing special to see.... but of course if aliens landed there, that would increase tourism

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Clairaudience]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Craziness! How dare they do this without the World Government's approval? Don't they realize that the Aliens always approach the USA's White House first? (which invariably get's destroyed).

It's in all the movies so it must be true.

What interests me, is that most governments will not spend large amounts of money that they know will cause other countries to ridicule them - even as a tourist attraction.
Governments like to be taken seriously - especially governments of countries still trying to shake off the perception of being backwards and non-technological.
hmmm .... could this be an ill-advised PR effort to make them appear to be more knowledgeable than they actually are?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Perhaps... but how do you convince aliens to land there as opposed to say in Kansas?

Another problem that this brings up is if aliens did arrive without any babble fish, how would we communicate?

The same problems with the evolution of form applies to the evolution of communication as well.

Years ago I wrote a short science fiction story where astronauts from earth caused a intergalactic incident because the faces of the aliens they encountered looked too much like vagina's and after years in space they couldn't control themselves.

I was never able to get it published.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Wow... interesting step to take.

And here I was thinking Kazakhstan needed to rebuild its image post-Borat...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Was it's title: The Vagina Monologues in Space?

Seriously, given that if aliens exists, there will be an infinite variety of them, so it's quite possible that the Khazakstan alien counterparts like their outlook on life, goats and interbreeding and decided to contact them first.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Perhaps... but how do you convince aliens to land there as opposed to say in Kansas?

Another problem that this brings up is if aliens did arrive without any babble fish, how would we communicate?

Most Governments have already had contact and have been communicating with at least one type of ET for years.

They're not building this because they're crazy, they're building this because they know.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Grover.... LOL
You need counseling!

More seriously, isn't it Khazakstan who's ruler has a statue of himself that turns so that the sun is always in his face. The man is a nutter.

Or...
Could all the brewing problems in the Caucasus region be more than Russian/NATO/US bluster?

or not.

Obs out

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
Grover.... LOL
You need counseling!

You wouldn't be the first to tell me that.

And yes that is the same dictator so any discussion of this has to take into consideration his meglomania.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
To much money from oil and gas at their disposal to play around

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well i wasn't expecting too see this when i logged in to ATS...weird and very very surreal is all i can say to this story if true.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This was posted earlier, previous thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My thoughts from that thread:

I'm sure this embassy they are building will serve a dual purpose...and if aliens do happen to turn up, well they'll be prepared.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

you think the aliens will steal the towels ?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Probably... don't all guests do?

That is unless like proper hitchhikers they come with their own.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Aren't they building a "spaceport" in Colorado? I guess that one doesn't purport to be a diplomatic facility, just transit.

Makes sense, American entrepreneurs are all about business....

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I wonder if the world will go nuts when Kazakhstan tries to launch a "satellite" into orbit with a sign on it pointing to the Intergalactic Embassy?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Yes, they have had this project going on for some time now . Unofficially the title of this endeavour amoungst Kazakhstan diplomats is known to be ' Cultural learnings of Aliens for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan ' . If you do not like, you will be execute.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join