It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa! Interesting Video About Population Reduction!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup

Originally posted by Wideawake08
I heard that the worlds population could fit comfortably in the state of Texas.
Is this true? I know when I have driven from Chicago to Florida there is a lot of empty land out there. I personally think that this is BS propaganda from the NWO.

What do you call comfortable? One person per acre of land? That wouldn't be enough land to sustain a person. Not by American standards at least. There are about 6.7 BILLION people and 172,044,800 acres in Texas. Whip out your calculator and do the rest of the math. Let's see... about 39 people/acre is what I get. I'm trying to imagine 39 people trying to live off the land in my yard right now.

I just asked the question.. I heard it somewhere and wondered if it was true.
So lets say..... the world population could fit comfortably in half of the United States..BOY! there still is a lot of room left over..So I think the point has been made.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JustTheFacts

Carpe Diem
Party like it's 2011
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul; The other for your freedom.

WOW! that's beautiful!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I think if the overlords of the world used moral love as their law. We would have a much better world. I think that we as the human race have evolved consciously to a point where our evolution from this point forward should be done in a moral fashion.

The world is overpopulated...
a. Unmoral way of handling things: star a war.
b Moral love way of handling things: 1 child per house hold. (Those with more than 1 child per house hold before get grandfathered in.) All people should have the right to 1 child. No matter what race. No matter what economic position. We all have the right to live in a peaceful world.

GOD= Moral Love.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkpraetorian
reply to post by baseball101

Wouldn't it just make more sense if we truly need to reduce the earth's population, that maybe we could have a space program for volunteers to try and colonize another planet, or maybe the moon?

Your merely moving the problem elsewhere. All you have done is to increase the minumum sustainable levele by increasing the volume of resources i.e. anothe rplanet. That will fill up as well unless the fundamental issue of over population is tackled.

The solution is easy: A healthy wealthy population does not grow!!!!!!!!!!! Contrary to common sense. We must improve the health and wealth of the whole world and then the population will reduce.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
What dribble!
The Earth is way over populated. India and China need to control their populations. Its getting out of hand. Deal with it. I'm not a Bible Thumper but whats with all the Anti Religion slams?

This thread just goes on and on about anti Religion and lets keep breading

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
If we as a human race can make it past these tough times. The answer is simple.
There is not that many humans on the earth. There is enough planets for us all.
We are reaching the beginning stages of immortality. With nano technoligy. In the future, If you chose to have a child...you must end your life when the child is 30. In the future 1 child per couple.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just_a_dude
If you chose to have a child...you must end your life when the child is 30. In the future 1 child per couple.

Been watching Logans run lately have we? Let's stop trying to spew disinformation about population growth and having enough room

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand
reply to post by baseball101

The human population on this planet is far too great, it doesn't take an idiot to work that out.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/19/2009 by JacKatMtn]

I calculated that Earth can easily support more than 20 billion people at acceptable to me quality of life. I did all the calculations myself and I'm begging you to do that as well before calling me an idiot.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by FIFIGI]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

So Nathan, lead by example, and off yourself. I promise millions will be waiting in line right behind you. Don't look back though just drink the kool-aid.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

FIFIGI is rite, the earth can easily support more than 20 billion provided we put an end to toxicity and start living natural. So all those people testing nuclear and radio active weapons better put an end to it rather than putting an end to humans.
Faeces is organic, it can fertilize the land. Fish and Pigs eat Faeces sometime. If man's genitals can fertilize ovum, his anus can fertilize the land.....

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

There are way too many people. I'm not sure about reduction but more for controlling the populations in certain countries that are WAY out of control.

We are headed for disaster unless we can STOP growing 6.7 Billion is enough already!

Edit to add why am I getting a strange feeling that this is some sort of disinfo thread?

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Mek-Tech]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
To all those in this thread advocating population control for other countries. I take it you support OWG? Otherwise, how will population control be enforced? Are you going to go to another country and personally ensure that mothers and fathers do not grow their families? Will you carry out enforced abortions? Enforced sterilisations?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Those of you who think that we need more people on this planet are not thinking clearly.

Have you noticed that all our waterways are polluted not only with chemicals, but pharmaceuticals as well as human feces?

Have you noticed that there is no truly efficient method of disposing of ordinary garbage?

Have you noticed that there is NO efficient method of disposing of sewage?
Did you know that the overrun from sewage treatment plants runs into our waterways?

Have you noticed or do you even know that if you visit India, that the first thing that hits you when you get off the plane is THE ODOR OF HUMAN FECES?

None of you have lived in better times, when there was pure water to be had. You could go hunting in the wilderness and safely drink the water in those streams. You cannot do that today because they are so contaminated that you could get sick and die.

As to killing off billions of people in a short time - a little common sense needs to be applied here.
We already know that thousands of corpses lying around rotting causes serious health problems for anyone in the area - not to mention the odor. If they were to kill 1 billion people in any one area, the odor would travel around the world, and it is possible that bad bacteria and viruses could travel with it.

So if plastics were not longer made, what would take its place?
Do we cut down more trees to make paper or what?

Exactly what resources do the rich use in such quantities that it affects the environment or depletes the general source of those resources., as opposed to what the general population uses?

If we have it or can get it, why shouldn’t we enjoy it? Are we supposed to ration our pleasures just so there can be more people on Earth?

It is the large numbers of humans on this planet that are destroying the wildlife. We are overrunning their living space and at the same time destroying their source of food.

If TPTB are really planning on mass killing it is because they enjoy it.
And if it is a big war you will accept it, especially if there is a lot of propaganda inffluencing you to accept it.

The simplest, easiesst most efficient and humane way to reduce population is by way of mass sterilization.
BUT - YOU would not accept that. Your would scream about your "rights".
You would have marches and riots.
Better to have a bloody war - that you can accept -
I ask you WHY??? Why is war OK but sterilization riles you?

Oh, the other thing is "natural disasters". These can be "manufactured" you know. An exploding nuke in the right underground spot can create big earthquakes.
The weather can also be controlled. Do the research and connect the dots.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
As Fifigi pointed out the Earth could sustain 20 billion people easy. The problem with this planet is not over population, but ignorance, selfishness, greed and corruption. That is primarily why this planet is in the state that it is. The UN has just said that it would only take $4 billion to feed all the starving people of the world for a generation, but no most people would rather give trillions of dollars to greedy bankers instead. This money could of been used to research & develop alternative energy sources and produce pollution free clean water, or even a dam or two to solve India's & Africa's water shortage problems etc.

All the solutions to this worlds problems are staring us all in the face, the only thing in the way is our own selfishness and the greed and corruption that is prevalent in just about every government on Earth and if we don't change our ways sometime soon, it will be our downfall. If we don't get our act together very soon, we won't need to worry about over population, because the wars that will follow will solve that problem.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
As Fifigi pointed out the Earth could sustain 20 billion people easy.

I'm sorry but let's see some concrete numbers on that!!!
Simply taking somebody's word for that online is like me asking somebody at the grocery store that I don't know for a hot stock tip.

As far as what somebody mentioned above something to the affect about trying to "Control" Other countries populations. Nobody has advocated "Forced" reductions. But the countries who will be busting at the seams soon should do something to self regulate SERIOUSLY its ridicules.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Killing off billions of people isn't the best way to do it...but to limit reproduction. 2 kids per family maximum.

That way, the population can slowly decrease without just killing the world off.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I find it interesting that people are falling for the propaganda. The idea that our mother earth is unable to sustain the lives we have, or that there needs to be a population reduction in order to live comfortably seems ignorant at best.

The Earth is large enough, with enough resources to support life, period.

There is no disclaimer written anywhere that I know of that indicates that the population must be at 1 Billion, 6 Billion or whatever. Wait, there is one place, Georgia Guidestones. And people seem to buy into it. Population reduction, climate change (Global warming) etc. are all ideas put forth to make you think that we, as humans, are destroying the planet, and therefore need to be culled, like animals.

Overpopulation is a concept that has been espoused by the Elite or Powers That Be in order to further an agenda. Whether it's War, population reduction, restricting laws or whatever, they plant the seeds and then they laugh while we run with it. All the wars that we've had should give you an idea of that.

Does anybody find it interesting that the new Omnibus Land bill passed recently was done so quietly? Bet you didn't know about it. If you read the bill carefully, it almost gives the government the power to keep humans in the populated cities. So much land was set aside that eventually there will be no place for us to go, except the cities.

Read it: HR 146
HR 146 - Omnibus Land Management Act of 2009

As far as Codex, it's real, and anyone who tells you its not is misinformed. The bigger issue, however, is that US Sovereignty has been handed over to the UN. It happened with legislation that enables the UN to come into the US for peace keeping purposes (i.e. National Disaster) - I will post link when I find it.

For the US to abide by Codex means that the US is abiding by UN Law, look up the UN Charter. Which goes against the US Constitution.

People, we are at the edge of the abyss and we're justifying population reduction.

Think about this.
1. Planting season is underway, yet:
a. Farmers don't have money for seeds
b. Farmers don't have heirloom heritage seeds, because Monsanto's seeds are terminator seeds (i.e. no seeds produced) which means farmers HAVE to buy more seeds from Monsanto.
c. Many farmers have not planted because of adverse weather, floods, snow.
d. Banks ARE NOT lending money, so farmers won't have money for the seeds or for the labor to harvest.
e. When harvest time comes, there will be nothing to harvest.

2. Most population centers are heavily populated concrete cities. MOST Americans don't know how to grow food, let alone farming organically.

3. Money, the dollar, is being collapsed. How is anyone going to get food without money? Millions of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, one missed paycheck, and something goes, either the Bills or Gasoline, or it's the food.

When codex kicks in, the GMO foods grown with Monsanto products, the restrictions on Vitamin supplements, and the sheer lack of food production will lead to starvation and death of unprecedented proportions. And anyone who claims that it is for the good of the planet, is an idiot, in my opinion and probably base their opinions on MSM information. And probably believe that Global warming was caused by man, or that Aspertame, and Fluoride are good for you.

All I can say, is,
1. Buy seeds, tons of seeds, non-GMO seeds. Don't use monsanto products
2. Plant a garden
3. Buy Vitamins

Whether you believe there is a God or that there isn't, whether there is an Elite or TPTB, the Illuminati, NWO, none of it will matter. When this unfolds, you're going to be left wondering maybe population reduction isn't such a good thing. Heed the warnings.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

The elite do not eat our food or drink our water. Their heritage seed, uncontaminated food is specially grown for them, and their water is also from deep well, clean source.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
you know I use to want to be rich to help my family, friends and others. To have a huge house and lots of cars and clothes. But now I want to be rich so I can eat healthy! It freaks me out that our food is garbage.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand
Is there anyone out there who is stupid enough to think that a population reduction would be a bad thing?

/me raises hand. I am totally against population reduction and or control unless we can start with you.

Anyone stupid enough to think it's a good idea to have MORE humans? Lets just keep populating until theres seven hundred trillion of us a?

Actually most projections by relevant agencies shows a world population stabilizing and starting to decline in 10- thirty years depending on high or low end data sets. There is little chance that there will ever be 'hundreds of trillions' ( or even tens of billions) on this planet even thought i believe the planet could easily and sustainably be home for many more billions.

The human population on this planet is far too great, it doesn't take an idiot to work that out.

In fact it took one to work out that i can't when it can clearly cope with the population numbers. What i can't deal well with his the economic model...

If we balanced our birth to death ratio so the population stayed at the level it's at right now we would be doomed, the planet can not sustain this many humans.

Well it is and considering the total biomass it contains now it could sustain VERY, very many more human beings.

We use too much resources, too much land for food production, we grow too much concrete and steel everywhere, the list goes on.

'We' don't use too much resources or too much land for food production. Our economic model does however encourage and lead to massive wastage that could easily be solved had we ever had a say in the matter.

Anyone who thinks it's a good idea to DRASTICALLY reduce the population obviously understands that if we continue the way we are, or even stop growing now and remain the same, then NO ONE will survive.

And i am still waiting for some proof as to why that is or have to be the case. Feel free to present actual evidence that 'no one will survive' if the population stays at six billion or rises to ten billion.

Here's something for the stupid people out there, if the planet can't sustain us, we ALL die.

The argument doesn't logically follow. Why would we all die? Havn't 20- 50 thousand people been dying ever day ( disease resulting from poverty, and starvation) for decades without you being affected? What's changed?

So isn't it better to reduce the population now to ensure the survival of our species in the future?

Again the argument doesn't logically follow. Our species will survive independent of what we do today tomorrow or even in the next decade.

It doesn't have to be a mass culling, even birth control laws could work, but we must reduce the population to a sustainable level.

Only if we get to start with you ( in terms of culling) or with birth control for the genes that somehow may have contributed to the type of reasoning you have displayed so far.

I personally think that iff all humans lived in the same country then we could survive as a species with a population less than 2 thousand. We're clever enough to keep ourselves around without having to rely on big numbers.

Two thousand in one environment is totally unsustainable as either a genetic pool or as one large enough to survive the type of environmental disasters that we have known to occur in the past. In fact i don't know how you came up with the two thousand number when there may never have been so few.

2 Thousand humans, in total, worldwide, that would be better than the 6.6 billion *snip* idiots that we have here now.

I don't see how it would be but then i would probably have to have a very different reasoning process to come up with such a scenario in the first place.

What i do find notable is how the worse types of human beings are always the first to advocate reducing population numbers. Why do you think that those with the lowest opinion of their fellow man can't just set a good example by killing themselves and thus ridding the world of their ridiculous , mostly racist, point of view?

Stellar

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join