It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea: Sanctions a declaration of war

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

North Korea: Sanctions a declaration of war

edition.cnn.com

(CNN) -- North Korea said Saturday any sanctions or pressure applied against it following its rocket launch earlier this month will be considered a "declaration of war."

In an announcement on state-run television, the country said it was ready to step up efforts to develop nuclear weapons and poised for a military response to any moves against it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The United States said Thursday that it is pushing for U.N. sanctions against North Korea

i know we have all been talking about this for a while, it looks like more muscle flexing, but i think it goes way deeper then just that, it sounds like what we did in WWII to push Japan into war with us. The NWO/Illuminati have wanted a WWIII for a long time, and as of lately all these steps are being put into place. calling it muscle flexing or not we can only see how this turns out, though i know it's going to be for the worse

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What sanctions can the UN apply? I mean North Korea has isolated themselves so deeply it has turned their own economy into ruin.

They are already poorer than dirt so any sanctions would be worthless how about open dialog?

[edit on 18-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

April 15 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. and Japan proposed lists of North Korean companies, banks and missile-related equipment to be targeted by United Nations sanctions that are to be enforced for the first time since they were imposed in 2006.

The lists were given today to the UN Security Council committee tasked with implementing sanctions adopted following North Korea’s launch in 2006 of ballistics missiles and test detonation of a nuclear bomb. The committee hadn’t met in almost two years or enforced the sanctions due to divisions within the council.

“We had fruitful and constructive discussions,” Ambassador Baki Ilkin of Turkey, chairman of the committee, told reporters after a closed meeting today. The committee “received communications” from the U.S. and Japan “and will see how it goes,” he said.

The Security Council responded to North Korea’s launch of a missile on April 5 by instructing the committee to agree on specific targets of the sanctions by April 24. In the event the committee can’t reach an agreement, the Security Council said it would take action to implement the penalties by April 30.

The sanctions were intended to impose an asset freeze on companies involved with North Korea’s missile and nuclear programs, ban the travel of designated officials, and bar the government in Pyongyang from acquiring materials that could be used to build rockets or atomic weapons.

www.bloomberg.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

*Mod Edit to add external source tags and a source.

[edit on 4/18/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well this being my first thread opened today, the title of it caught my attention.

Are there any other links to this or do we accept this as real information?

If it is truth, then it makes sense as NK hates America.

I will wait to hear what some of our more informed members have to say about this before I start running in circles freaking out.

EDIT to add, why do they always make it seem as if NK does not already have the capability to or the ability to aquire at a moments notice Nuclear weapons? Or worse... What of those bombs Russia tested some time ago that are as bad as a nuclear yet do not render the area uninhabitable afterwards? Seems if we are to be bombed it would be for our country not for our trade or improper diplomacy and Politics.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Perhaps it is against the countries they do trade with currently like Viet nam? Oh shoot, I have to make 21 more characters, but really all I had was that question...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If they want to declare war on the US...........Well come on!!!!! Those poor people don't have anything!! We could swat them like a fly. It is just "big talk" as usual! Imean, this Kim guy is supposed to be a supernatural being and they have to talk their talk to keep the people "in check."

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Is it me or.....

Anything is a declaration of war to N.K.???

If he is not careful, he will overplay his hand...badly.

He can threaten this, that and the other thing...but if he actually does anything stupid, he will die/be removed.

This is the only thing that worries him, as he clearly cares "NOTHING" about the people of N.K.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ummm...open dialogue has been going on for several years. Remember the 6 party talks that have been going on? Well NK voluntarily quit them here recently. they dont want to talk. Any other suggestions?

Originally posted by SLAYER69
What sanctions can the UN apply? I mean North Korea has isolated themselves so deeply it has turned their own economy into ruin.

They are already poorer than dirt so any sanctions would be worthless how about open dialog?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummm...open dialogue has been going on for several years. Remember the 6 party talks that have been going on? Well NK voluntarily quit them here recently. they dont want to talk. Any other suggestions?

Originally posted by SLAYER69

There is one trueism to this.

Since N.K. has completly isolated itself from the rest of the world, sanctions and such are basicly meaningless, as they have no real economy to speak of.

The only things they would understand is stopping all aid to them -food/oil-everything...
The VAST majority of any and all aid goes to the N.K. military anyways, so why feed their military for them.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
China has plans to move into North Korea in the event of collapse of government, Beijing will deal with Kim pretty soon. The sabre-rattling is annoying them and China is frustrated by refugees into the People's Republic.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
If they want to declare war on the US...........Well come on!!!!! Those poor people don't have anything!! We could swat them like a fly. It is just "big talk" as usual! Imean, this Kim guy is supposed to be a supernatural being and they have to talk their talk to keep the people "in check."

Are you serious? We have had thousands of soldiers die and many more who want to come home across the globe and you say bring it on. Your statement makes me sick. We do not have the resources to continue fighting. We DON'T have the money!! If they hit us with just one missile it will collapse our economy even more. Causing more people to be without work and shelter.

You say we could swat them like a fly. This may be true, but I do not want another 100,000 body bags coming back home to be buried. We have enough soldiers dying in a war that is fueled by greed.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If and when it happens the people that will suffer the most are the people of NK.......

I have been trying to think what the people of NK are thinking at the moment! Every day your told that little Kim is the best thing since sliced bread and the only thing you know about the outside world is that they are all bad guys and they want to kill you!........thats gotta be the way the majority of the people think! its not there fault but thats all they know!

There must be at least 50% of NK people that question little Kim and hes starving his people etc but the people have been brainwashed to beliving that the west are the bad guys so they put up with Kim being in power as the lesser of 2 evils so if TSHTF over there who are the NK people gona follow? Little Kim without a doubt!

Well i may be wrong but im just trying to see it from NK point of view

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
What of those bombs Russia tested some time ago that are as bad as a nuclear yet do not render the area uninhabitable afterwards?
[edit on 18-4-2009 by antar]

yeah there called vacuum bombs and there crazy!! all the power of an old school atomic bomb, but with none of the radiation or fall out

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I know this is quite wild and random speculation but have a look here :

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 4.9 - CHINA-RUSSIA-NORTH KOREA BORDER REGION
2009 April 18 03:56:31 UTC

Do you think it could be an underground test of something?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by komp_uk
I know this is quite wild and random speculation but have a look here :

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 4.9 - CHINA-RUSSIA-NORTH KOREA BORDER REGION
2009 April 18 03:56:31 UTC

Do you think it could be an underground test of something?

hmm, that is odd, now when you say underground test, do you mean like they tested a nuke underground? or like something HAARP related?

seems sorta like it hit all are enemies at once lol.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I mean, what can be said!? This idiot has been threatening a declaration of war for years. Yet, every time the UN and the US do whatever it is that he threatens us for, nothing happens. This stupid little man needs to learn to keep his yap shut before someone decides to flex a little muscle!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
If they want to declare war on the US...........Well come on!!!!! Those poor people don't have anything!! We could swat them like a fly. It is just "big talk" as usual!

No offence, but that sounds pretty much like "big talk" from a woman that will in all probability not doing any 'swatting' herself.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
There isn't going to be any swatting. Too many lives are at stake here. The only way hostilities will really break out is if little Kimmy does something really stupid like act on his rhetoric and attacks his neighbors. I think that everybody in his neighborhood has had just about enough of him!

YES including the Chinese, Hes an embarrassment!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Did anyone think that perhaps North Korea is looking for China to truely show it's loyalty? This is just a thought, but, with all of the tension that's brewing throughout the globe, and talk of the NWO and such, wouldn't China stepping in to fight WITH North Korea put a huge wedge in the world?

In other words, North Korea may already have the backing of China should they decide to pursue a war. So, no longer would we be talking about crushing little ol' North Korea (sarcasm, people), we would be looking at a world war with North Korea AND China. Sorry, folks...but having China involved would be a whole new picture.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join