It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Should Take A Lie Detector Test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Does anyone on here think that Alex Jones should take a lie detector test? I know some people think he may be a disinfo agent. I personally think he trying to make a living by praying on the gullable. I think most of his theories are so far fetched it is rediculous. I personally dont even think he believes them. I challange him to take a polygraph test from some independent accredited examiner. I wish them to ask him if he believes in what he says. Here are just a few questions he could ask:

Do you believe there is a NWO that is about to take over the world?

Do you believe that the US government is giving away its land to the United Nations?

Do you think that there is a conspiracy to release the bird flu and start a pandamic that will wipe out 80% of the US's population?

Obviously the list goes on and on. I would be willing to help pay for a test if I had others too and he accepted. Hell, if he passed it, I would have much more respect for him then I do right now. Right now I think it is purely for income purposes. Feel free to add questions to the list if you like. If I get some people who want to see this I will email him and see if I can get a response, which I doubt I would. Also to those who listen to him like he is telling the Gospel, what would you do if he failed the test? If you found out he actually doesnt believe in anything he is telling you?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

I think you should email him and demand that he takes a lie-detector test, then when he doesn't respond to you, use that to disparage the guy even further. Sounds like one hell of a plan.

Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Lie detectors aren't an exact science friend and there are multiple ways to either get a false positive or the cheap the system. Alex taking one of these would be completely pointless.

Look Alex does sensationalize things a bit with his films and his rhetoric, but you can't deny the hard facts he's brought to the table in regards to his message.

Everybody needs to make a dollar in this world in order to get ahead, and nobody would be recognized or be heard without some well placed marketing.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
reply to post by tide88

I think you should email him and demand that he takes a lie-detector test, then when he doesn't respond to you, use that to disparage the guy even further. Sounds like one hell of a plan.

Peace

Thats funny, but I am serious. I am not going to pull that old line "He must be a liar because he didnt respond." If enough people questioned him he might very well take one. You are a forum moderator, would you like to see him take one? Do you question his intentions at all.

I am all for a conspiracy here or there but to claim that almost everything that happens is a government plan to depopulate, inprison, or take over the world is rediculous. He obviously is a very smart man which is why I question his intentions.

There are many people that try to find a niche and make a living out of it. Marilyn Manson, Howard Stern, Kiss, etc.. These people have a persona that they put on when in the public eye but in actuality they are not like that in private. It is all a way to make money. I believe Alex Jones is no different except the fact that he spreads doom and gloom and people take his word as gospel. If he doesnt believe it himself, then what. It would kind of be like finding out the pope didnt actually believe in god. What would that do to the Catholic Followers?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by tide88]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Before you discredit him, have you done any independant research into what he's said? Have you read any transcripts, bills or memos in regards to his message?

You can't take everything at face value and even Alex will you that himself. He's only providing a general view of how he thinks it is, based on his experiences and his own research.

If you want to truly know if what he says is true, then research it as extensively as he has, then you can either call him a liar or a voice for patriotism.

Your Call...

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Obviously there are ways to get around the system. The old tack in the shoe routine is one of them. However take his shoes off and use other preventive measures and although not an exact science it is pretty reliable. If you ask him if he believes in 50 of his theories and all but a handful are lies then we would know his true intentions. It is not like a one question do or die like it would be in a court case. i.e. "did you kill that person?", "did you steal that car?" "did you rape that girl?" etc...

I thought people on this site were looking for the truth. Guess in actuality they just want someone to affirm their beliefs, even though that person may very well not believe them theirself.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88

Guess in actuality they just want someone to affirm their beliefs, even though that person may very well not believe them theirself.

Thats not true at all, Alex simply is a person who helps open the door to the possibility of these theories being true.

It is up to every individual person to do the research and make a decision for themselves. We here strive for the truth through research, debunking of ridiculous theories and applauding those that have brought new information to light.

Simply attempting to dis-credit a renown theorist for his ideas based on the fact that he makes money off the whole thing is very overrated.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I've done enough research on things Alex Jones said that I thought were total exaggerations, and found them all to be true, that there's no need for a lie detector test in my opinion.

On the other hand, I think a lie detector test would produce the results you're expecting if you applied it to Obama, Geithner, Bush, Cheney, and about 3,000 others in the banking and politics world. I don't care what party the politician is with either. This goes right across both party lines.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by tide88

Before you discredit him, have you done any independant research into what he's said? Have you read any transcripts, bills or memos in regards to his message?

You can't take everything at face value and even Alex will you that himself. He's only providing a general view of how he thinks it is, based on his experiences and his own research.

If you want to truly know if what he says is true, then research it as extensively as he has, then you can either call him a liar or a voice for patriotism.

Your Call...

~Keeper

Yes I have and I think it is a load of bs. He is drawing conclusions so that it fits his conspiracy theories. Take the fema camps for example and the bill hr 645. He claims that bill gives the secretary of homeland security the right to imprison US citizens in these so called fema camps. He uses the line it the bill

) to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security
as reason for this. Yet the rest of the bill doesnt even hint at imprisoning citizens in this camp. Hell that part of the bill could mean 1000 different things. Obviously the situation would dictate what the SHS would do. You sure cant list ever power that is given to that person. For all we know it could mean that it gives the SHS the power to confiscate bottled water and food as needed at the local grocery store. But no, Alex Jones says it means they are about to round up citizens and put them in death camps much like the Nazis did. I feel that too many people follow him blindly, especially if he is doing this only to make a profit and doesnt even believe it himself.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

It doesnt make one bit of difference to me if he is doing it for profit if he actually believes it. It does however make a difference if he is doing for profit and doesnt believe any of it.

Anyway I guess I am getting the responses I figured I would be getting. Just thought that some might actually want to know if he actually believes what he says. I sure do.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Do you honestly believe they would ever put the words "round up citizens" into any bill that went before congress? Do you think they put the language "AIG can give million dollar bonuses" in the TARP program and the other bailouts?

No ofcourse not, they use incredibly intelligent language to fool people into a false sense of security. But I digress...

The point is, until you have research all of his claims yourself, you can't call BS. You can think it is, but without having done the work you can't claim that as fact.

Yes some people follow peopole blindly, but would you rather have a pro government populace who blindly follows them, or a populace that questions everything they do and holds them accountable for their actions? Thats the general jist of the message.

As I said, he does sensationalize, but you can't help but do that or else he wouln't have moved our culture out in open as much as he has. He's helped alot of people awaken to what is really going on, and it doesn't matter if some of language seems doom and gloom, he's simply warning people of the dangers of having Big Government without citizen input.

It doesnt make one bit of difference to me if he is doing it for profit if he actually believes it. It does however make a difference if he is doing for profit and doesnt believe any of it. Anyway I guess I am getting the responses I figured I would be getting. Just thought that some might actually want to know if he actually believes what he says. I sure do.

What does it matter whether he believes it or not, doesn't make what he says any less true based on the evidence he's presented. It's not a bold faced lie and you know that. Whether he's doing it for the money or he's doing it simply because that's what he believes he should be doing at his core is irrelevant. He's opened the minds of more people than you and me can ever hope of reaching.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/15/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Why should he take a lie detecter?
to make you feel better about the possibility of telling the truth or to get caught out on a small technicality and then discredit him as being a total lier.

He may exagerate and claim that this or that is in main stream media, that does not mean that he is not giving out information worth listening to.

Just like all truthers, we must not rely on just one source and we must not blindly believe what we hear.
Common sense is a wonderful thing.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I feel that too many people follow him blindly, especially if he is doing this only to make a profit and doesnt even believe it himself.

I just have to shake my head every time I hear people accuse Alex Jones of doing what he does for the purposes of profit. Of all the high profile radio and news shows hosts (Coombs, Hannity, Beck, etc.), Jones is the one and only person who not only permits, but encourages that you take money out of his pocket by reproducing his videos. How in hell you can suggest that his motive is "profit" is just beyond me. Where's your logic? I mean... where are you getting your information that suggests "he doesn't even believe it himself"? Are you inside his head or something? I don't think many posters here are going to be sucked in by your motives, tide88.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

No I dont think they would put "round up citizens in a bill" but I think coming to the conclusion from "to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security " and taking it to mean this gives them the power to do so is rediculous. So if the SHS deems it necessary to take over the presidency, does this part of the bill give her the power to do so? "appropriate needs" doesnt exactly translate into rounding up citizens and detaining them in these camps. Whatever, we are getting off topic, obviously you disagree with my OP.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

One more time for the cheap seats. I do not care if he is doing it for profit if he believes it. What concerns me is he doesnt believe it. Obviously there is nothing wrong making money if you passionatly believe in it.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Alex Jones is a radio show host who is good at selling himself and his products - as well as advertising space.

Much of what he says is true, a lot of it unverified, and a fair share of total BS is mixed in for leavening.

A good starting point for teenagers or like-minded getting into alternative news and politics.

Tiresome after a short time because you never really know how true anything he says really is, or if there's any truth to it at all.

He's just processing tons of information with a special twist on it. He has built up a following in a generation too attention deficit to read actual books, look for credible news sources, etc.

Some young people already say they first thought about things listening to him.

An innocuous entertainer, but a celeb in the conspiracy world.

Mike

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Let's put it this way, the day FOX rolled out Glenn Beck with his new "I've finally seen the light" incarnation, the MSM dropped their pants and proved Alex Jones was making the establishment very uncomfortable. IMHO of course.

Edit to add: And to the trained eye, all this "he's just trying to make money" talk shows complete desperation. It's literally the worst thing Jones' detractors could come after him with, but the establishment is so arrogant and knows the citizens are so dumbed-down that it's a workable and effective talking point.

Peace

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Don't you see, thats the point. The language is VAGUE, very VAGUE, which means they can do whatever they want. Look at the enemy combatant clause in the Patriot act, that's a very broad term yet it gives them the right to detain without trial or charges and use ridiculous tactics to get information out of them.

Does the patriot act say you can torture people? Does it say you can legally spy on your own populace? No it doesn't, the vague language means they can't get in trouble if they do.

That's the point he's trying to make.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Fair enough! We've agreed that his profit motives are a non-issue. The guy has to make at least a minimal amount so he can pay his guys $14 an hour and pay the rent on his meager office in the cheap part of Austin.

Your other proposal about whether Jones believes in what he's saying is something neither you nor I nor anybody else can prove. Personally, I'm certain that he believes it, because his research proves it. As I said, I've checked out some of it, and what I discovered proved to me that he was absolutely correct. So I'd have to say that Jones believes what he tells us for the simple reason that it's been proven correct. I don't see why the suggestion that "he doesn't believe it himself" is even up for debate. Of course he believes it.... he's proven it.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I understand the point he is trying to make and the patriot act and h.r. 645 are two totally different things. If you read the patriot act it obviously gives broad power to do whatever is necessary to protect the nation. Too broad, yes, I agree. However h.r. 645 is a bill that is for helping those in times of emergency. Every part of the bill is for helping those in need during an emergency.

You ever been through a hurricane. I live in SWFL and have been through many. One Natural disaster that destroy peoples lives and homes. Some dont have anywhere to go, jobs are lost as well as everything they own. What about earth quakes. What if the big one hit california. What are we going to do with all those people.

No where in HR 645 does it even hint at anything ominous. If the whole bill is there to help those during disaster how can one come to the conclusion it gives the SHS the power to send people unwillingly to "fema death camps" Show me one place in HR645 that you could come to the conclusion that it gives the right to imprison US citizens. THere are probably hundreds of bill that give broad powers to those in governement during time of national disaster or emergency, however it doesnt mean we are being shipped off to this faux camps.

And btw, no offense to alberta and tothetenthpower, but you dont even live in the USA. How many national disasters have you lived through? I rather that person have the power to do what is necessary to get people basic necessities then they be worried about the consequences after the fact.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join