It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does our creator want us to hate each other?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ok... I'll tell you the Truth. Understand the real Truth cannot be expressed in words, because words inherently divide, and the Truth is One. The Real Truth must be experienced, not described. But I'll do my best.

1. We are Universe being aware of itself.

This should be obvious to everyone, even if they take it as a purely observational given and pile conceptual fairy castles on it.

2. Everything is connected.

Literally. We move around and stuff passes through our bodies, what doesn't BECOME our bodies. This means we are 'standing wave patterns' made up of Universe, especially what we eat, drink, and breath. The air that becomes me might be air that came from the plant that breathed the air you exhaled. We are literally one system.

3. Everything changes.

Plants grow. Rocks erode. Air flows. Atoms absorb energy and radiate energy. What doesn't seem to change is just changing on a slower scale than we can perceive.

4. The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

The exact law is 'It is impossible to conceive of the characteristics of the whole from the characteristics of the parts considered separately.'

5. Objective common reality is the basis of Truth.

That is, a lie is a lie because the communication describes something different than what actually happened, changed, in common objective reality. The mind is able to imagine all kinds of things, but reassembled bits the imagination uses come from exterior common reality. The mind conceives, common exterior reality IS.

The teachings of Jesus, even reported through the memories of his idiot Disciples, is good data about how to live and treat each other. Love your neighbor as yourself is because your neighbor IS yourself. What you do to them, you are doing to yourself. The rest of the dogma, as well as the idolatry of the bible, is 2000 years of manipulation and idiocy by power hungry fools. If you need more biblical proof that Jesus was meaning that everyone was one: "Whatsoever you do upon these, you do upon me." Because he knew we were all one. Go only by what is reported that he said, in quotes in the bible, and beware of the editing which is obvious if you know we are all one.

6. All systems are made up of smaller systems and are part of larger systems.

This applies even to the conceptual. To change the larger system, you must change the smaller systems.

7. Don't be attached.

Attachments are resistances to change, which produce hassles. Attachments to possessions is greed. Attachment to looks is vanity. Attachment to sexual pleasure is lust. Attachment to fear is sin. (in so called Christian' terms) Attachment to anything is like a surfer remaining unmoving on a surf board. They will hit the water very quickly indeed. Flowing with change gracefully requires remaining unattached.

8. Fear is the mind killer, the mind binder, the 'I' blurrer, the source of evil in the world.

I'm not specifically talking about body fear, like what you have if you find you have a lion chasing you, but subconscious fears you don't know you have yet which shape your thoughts and feelings.

Subconscious fear creates the bully. And it's not born-in. A child absorbs an entire world of behavior before age 5. It's parents and peer group teaches it all the bad and good behavior it shows. Bad behavior is passed generation to generation in mistaken data, reactions, bad paradigms, and fears learned from our entire culture, yeah onto the Nth generation.

People, believe it or not, are all good when they are free of fear. Otherwise we would not have survived, nor would survive day to day now. Under the thin layer of fearful news and rabid opinions, the human species is very peaceful, cooperative, and actually loving. But the media is not designed to point that out. You have to walk down the street to see that.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Worldmind]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Has this thread been helping at all? Have you gotten any new ideas, or has you issue become bigger?

A lot of opinions have been thrown around, but I don't think they have sort of been what you're looking for.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Loaded question. My best guess is that OP won't be happy with any answer.

Bullying is not hate; it is reactionism, just like OP.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
We're born with a will to receive. Bullying and killing is taking from someone else, and giving to one's self. "They're miserable, and I like it", that sorta thing. People don't realize this but we do the same thing with God in a way. We're born takers, egoists, and we take and steal from others, and from God. We enjoy his works without using them for the right purpose. They are meant for us to connect with others, and when we don't connect with others, and still "take" without giving, then we are stealing.

The evil instinct like I mentioned is egoism, and the correction is altruism or connection with others.

Another answer, would be to look up Gnosticism and the demiurge. The foundation of each human is developed by the demiurge, but the true creator gave a part of himself in each individual as a guiding light in which to find and connect with him.

I found this video after researching, it sort of mentions something about your question. Does it make any sense to you guys?

4. The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

The exact law is 'It is impossible to conceive of the characteristics of the whole from the characteristics of the parts considered separately.'

I'd disagree. The whole exists for the part and the part should exist for the whole. It's like a fractal, even the smallest portion is infinite and it contains the information of the whole.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Any potential creator has nothing actively to do with the state of our failing society, it's us who are doing it and not some outside higher force. Our peers (speaking consciousnesswise) are promoting the lesser and greater evils and most humans are gullible enough to fall for it. Media, education and societal dogma are the reason that there seems to be more hate than love in the world but even the most evil bastard will have his moments of love. The world is not a decrepit place but good news is no news so that skewes our perception and diminishes the trust in humanity. We are being programmed but not by our Creator, just by our fellow man and i dare say somebody at the top with a plan, a human or group of humans.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
Any potential creator has nothing actively to do with the state of our failing society, it's us who are doing it and not some outside higher force. Our peers (speaking consciousnesswise) are promoting the lesser and greater evils and most humans are gullible enough to fall for it. Media, education and societal dogma are the reason that there seems to be more hate than love in the world but even the most evil bastard will have his moments of love. The world is not a decrepit place but good news is no news so that skewes our perception and diminishes the trust in humanity. We are being programmed but not by our Creator, just by our fellow man and i dare say somebody at the top with a plan, a human or group of humans.

God does have to do with the state of our failing society. To the extent that the nations don't identify with Israel, that is the extent to which they will suffer. The creator, the higher force, is what drives everything whether we realize it or not.

So man is separate from the creator? I don't see how that is possible.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It is Human nature to blame our own weaknesses and transgressions on God instead of ourselves. We were given free will. God plays not part in the evil Men do. That is a cop-out.

Any hatred you have is self inflicted. God did not do it, you do it. That's what free will is.

Some if not most of the worst of it is caused by people who's brains are wired differently. They do not feel emotions the same as most do. They are ticking time bombs from birth.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I completely agree with you!

I would like to also add there is a BIG difference between what we naturally are born to do and what we are Conditioned to do

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
God plays not part in the evil Men do. That is a cop-out.

I always felt that to be strange. This benevolent, all loving God just stands by and watches us do all the horrors that we do, and does nothing to help.

I find this comparable to a man unrelated standing by and watching a person get beaten up and robbed in a side ally (this happened to my brother). I've been told that there is a greater evil in the world than the actions of bad men, the indifference of good men.

How does that not apply to God? He has the power to protect and enforce justice, but he does nothing.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

How does that not apply to God? He has the power to protect and enforce justice, but he does nothing.

Firstly, god is not a He, We base our understanding of a god on the humanrace. A God as a super human male that is a benvolent judge.

The nature of creator (if there is one) is beyond anything we can describe or understand.

If there was a 'source' of creation it requires energy to sustain further creation, so the point in us is energy (good or bad) .

There is no sky bully with a beard sitting in judgement. If you want to call 'source of creation' a 'god' , fine, but it's purpose was not to create humans to judge us for our petty or cruel actions, that would be a pointless existence. The 'judgement' by a sky god is just ancient communities creating for themselves a moral code of conduct, by projecting human experience and repurcussions into the devine 'moral legal' realms.

There is so much more in the mutli universes than just humanity and our experiences of life.

All our actions good or bad create energy and contribute to creation.
We continue to 'create' and that is how we are smilar to the sources nature and that way only.

Edit:typos

[edit on 12-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Firstly, god is not a He, We base our understanding of a god on the humanrace. A God as a super human male that is a benvolent judge.

Yes I know, I was just going by convention.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

excellent then

But going by convention is why all the judaic-christian-islamic tradition continue to this day based on a primative moral code of existence.

Abrahamic Religions stem from law codes and justifications for power and ownership.

Some codes are still very valid for our way of behavnig, but others like " please kill your neighbour for planting the wrong seeds on the wrong day" are not valid.

It is healthy to recognise the Abrahamic Gods are a projection of humanities legal and moral requirements from a community that we have passed down and indcotrinated up until today.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I always thought it was a Mix of Conditioning and humans just being Hardwired that way. Chemical imbalances mutations in the brain cause some people to be more aggressive than others etc. we are to outdated & savage to live in this "modern" "Utopia" world, the human race needs a upgrade.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I'll tell you what, just don't have any children.
Problem solved.
Better for all concerned.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
The answer: Free will.

If we were born without these "instincts" then we wouldn't have free will. Free will means freedom to exercise (or not exercise) our will. It is not free if we don't have the choice. The reason God gives us free will is that if we don't have a choice of loving him or not it's not real, true love. God cannot give us limited free will (limiting our free will on the "instincts" you questioned) because then it would not be free will.

Good question by the way.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
God isn't responsible for mankind's decisions - we have free will. Satan is also busy trying to win our souls away from God as he knows he only has a short amount of time left before he gets drop kicked to hell for eternity.

God wants us to love one another but the devil is grinning every time he instills hate within one of us.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
God isn't responsible for mankind's decisions - we have free will.

How can you postulate such an idea? On the assumption that God exists as described in the Bible, he made us as we are, with all our uniqueness, tendencies, instincts, values, everything. He knows us in and our to completion. He also knows the future. He also made the universe and all the laws and constants within. Essentially he is the father of science. All things that are of nature - including us - follow these cosmic rules under a principle called "causality" or cause and effect, meaning that everything we do is in affect predetermined, determined by prior causes which are the effects of prior causes etc.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, and especially to those who have tried to help me.

I do know, really, that our creator did not want us to hate each other and that it is all down to free will, but sometimes I think that we should not have been given the capacity to hate. That would solve all the problems of the world, and maybe it is too easy.

I think that we are here to play a difficult game, but a game nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I think that we are here to play a difficult game, but a game nonetheless.

So God is playing with us? How is that just? How can you respect that?

If god is just trialling us, given us the ability to perform evil, he doesn't exactly deserve praise.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard

On the assumption that God exists as described in the Bible [...]

In that case, it is my opinion he should be declared criminally insane and be locked up with mandatory psychiatric counseling about how to raise your children.

Luckily i'm not really agreeing with the holy-book version of God so i don't think that. I really think this is real enough, God is a far more conceptual entity than is written and the reason that the universe is allowing it is because it is all a learning process, we will not be judged based on one life time of mistakes or plight so whatever happens to somebody, it is always going to be alright in the long run.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join