It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: U.S. Under Martial Law By June 2004?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
On a recent episode of Nightline with Ted Koppel aired on 4-7-2004, Richard Clarke implied to the American public that; they better get used to the idea that the Bush Regime will sponsor a cataclysmic event in order to plunge the US under martial law. The Armegeddon Plan, as it is being called, was also discussed by: former Reagan officials Edwin Meese III and Kenneth M. Duberstein; former Clinton official Sally Katzen, and author James Mann.

Portland Indymedia

Nightline's very efficient use of Richard Clarke to prepare elite viewers for martial law is leading other observers on the Net to reluctantly conclude the merciless Bush Regime is actively planning the catalyst for their own Armagaddon Plan. In a different world perhaps, the journalist leading a nationally-televised discussion about the prospects of the US government under martial law would look Clarke in the eye and ask him if the Bush Regime isn't planning to set off some nukes shortly in some city close to Washington DC (e.g., Baltimore). It really isn't that hard to imagine that the prospect of ruling planet Earth from a secret, underground bunker would gladden Dick Cheney's venal heart. He's been practicing in secret locations for decades in gleeful anticipation for such a moment.

As the prospects for survival under the Bush Regime becomes increasingly dire it should be obvious by now that the only way to stop them is to continue spreading the truth about 9-11, Richard Clarke and the Left Gatekeepers notwithstanding. Specifically, the last idea the Bush Regime wants people to receive is the revelation that jet fuel burning black cannot possibly melt steel. So anti-war activists, it is high time that we tell everyone about this that we can.

The House of Representatives passed the Emergency Election Bill Today, could this maintain GW's regime in The White House? As I have stated HERE, I believe the Bush Administration is up to something. These days on are critical times for everyone to watch what is happening. The stock market, especially gold prices, Local Law enforcement activities, whereabouts of The President and his crew, The Patriot Act, everything. There have been numerous rumors and theories about the actions of certain officials, and big deals in the stock market in the months leading up to 9-11. Now is the time if any to start paying attention to what is actually going on in The United States, and intrests abroad.

Related Link
ABC

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
re richard clarke: does he have any evidence of this, or is he making things up again?

re the new law: i think passing legislation that provides for the orderly transfer of government in the event of a terror attack is the responsible thing to do. the less of an al haig situation we could have if something like that happens the better. since such a terror attack is on people's minds and is more of a threat now, why wouldnt we pass such legislation?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Those Bush #s better not do that #.

This is going to be my first summer after my first year of college and I plan on going all out this summer.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Not a hope in hell. If they tried to impose M.L. Deus/THD story would look mild in comparison. I'm pretty sure the public outnumbers the millitary by a vast majority, and they're armed too.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Not a hope in hell. If they tried to impose M.L. Deus/THD story would look mild in comparison. I'm pretty sure the public outnumbers the millitary by a vast majority, and they're armed too.

but not as well equipped, organized, or trained.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

I wouldn't lay that much money on that. How well trained are the Iraqis that are fighting now? I'd bet a hunter from Colorado is better trained than that. And how many Vets are there out there?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I wouldn't lay that much money on that. How well trained are the Iraqis that are fighting now? I'd bet a hunter from Colorado is better trained than that. And how many Vets are there out there?

yeah, i guess you have a point. i guess i really should know, being from detroit. there's been nearly 200 murders here since the fist of the year. i guess someplace has to compete with fallujah...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   

But then, who won the American Revolutionary War? It surely was not the well-supplied, regimented and professional soldiers of Great Britain. Of course, Colonial volunteers won, but at such times as the winter at Valley Forge, many didn't even have shoes!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The Iraqis have the bonus of being set against the 'invaders' so to them its defending their home. To americans it would be fighting their brothers and sisters. I would dare say a large portion of the public wouldnt do anything in the event of such actions by the current administration. Most people just want their cable tv, SUV, and internet connection, and dont care if it came at the price of some liberties and 10,000 vaporized citizens, especially if a terrorist spin was put on the whole mess.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
They'd make it so the average citizen would take anything that offers a bit of stability and the usual comforts, like alternateheaven said.

*shakes head*

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I dont know about America but in Canada i've heard that once you apply for your SIN card the gov't owns you. Apparently when you sign your actually signing all of your rights away.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
"I dont know about America but in Canada i've heard that once you apply for your SIN card the gov't owns you. Apparently when you sign your actually signing all of your rights away. "

Sorry Saph, we've had that crap all our lives, it doesn't fly, less in the States.

We could learn a thing from the States, like not letting those that run things, run our lives.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The concept of a declaration of martial law is intriguing. From a purely abstract perspective, I've often wondered if the so-called RED TERROR STATUS would involve the implementation of martial law. If so, I guess that leaves us rife for conspiratorial possibilities.
joey

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   

The stories we write would definitely look mild by comparision. Things would get ugly in a big way as the you-know-what hit the fan.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey
The concept of a declaration of martial law is intriguing. From a purely abstract perspective, I've often wondered if the so-called RED TERROR STATUS would involve the implementation of martial law. If so, I guess that leaves us rife for conspiratorial possibilities.
joey

According to the Department of Homeland Security website:

5. Severe Condition (Red). A Severe Condition reflects a severe risk of terrorist attacks. Under most circumstances, the Protective Measures for a Severe Condition are not intended to be sustained for substantial periods of time. In addition to the Protective Measures in the previous Threat Conditions, Federal departments and agencies also should consider the following general measures in addition to the agency-specific Protective Measures that they will develop and implement:

• Increasing or redirecting personnel to address critical emergency needs
  • Assigning emergency response personnel and pre-positioning and mobilizing specially trained teams or resources
  • Monitoring, redirecting, or constraining transportation systems
  • Closing public and government facilities.

This would lead me to believe that Martial Law is a possibility of a red level threat but not a certainty. The specific procedures and policies of individual agencies are not outlined under this guideline, and as such, would need to be researched further according to each individual agency's planned response to a Red Threat event. That's if the actual policies and procedures are made public ahead of time. I'd think that this might tough to track down however, as they could easily claim that allowing response actions to be publicly known ahead of time would allow terrorists to bypass the safeguards that would be put in place by such a situation.

Hmmmmmm.... "Red threat" makes me feel like we're talking about the Cold War and its paranoia. Kinda like today though, I guess. Duck and cover, everyone.....

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeon10101110

But then, who won the American Revolutionary War? It surely was not the well-supplied, regimented and professional soldiers of Great Britain. Of course, Colonial volunteers won, but at such times as the winter at Valley Forge, many didn't even have shoes!

Thats all true but Britian didn't have spy drones, phone taps, spy satellites, smartbombs.......

Another advantage the "govt" would have over us would be the label of "terrorist". Rewards would be paid for your capture or kill and you would not know who to trust. Anyone resisting martial law would be labled a terrorist and would probably be killed no questions asked. After all it is martial law. The colonials were alot tougher than people here today. Hell, one day without airconditioning and people here are crying. This country has been sissyified (I know it's not even a word).

If this sinerio were the case then I believe the only hope of overcoming complete government controll would be to have either complete anarchary or a well cooridnated (sp?) resistance. The later is doubtfull.

If a disaster of some sort were to happen, would the whole country be put under martial law or just the effected cities? I know air traffic and interstate travel restrictions would be in effect, but would the whole country be under cerfew and loose their rights?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I was thinking that our trip to disney at the end of june would be the last chance to visit the states. All the hassles and costs with visas to get there after October and now all the paranoia which will inevitably lead to very nervous authorities irrespective of all the above speculation.......

The sad thing is this is all really about americans being insecure since 11-sep and their over reactions to it. The rest of the world has lived with this for many many many years. True the al-queda threats have increased the tension somewhat but I still remember the tension from the days of IRA bombs in English (NOT British!) city centres. Let's not mention where some of the IRA funding came from shall we........oh sorry I just did.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Those Bush #s better not do that #.

This is going to be my first summer after my first year of college and I plan on going all out this summer.

Relax, friend, the same things were said of Clinton, and it didn't happen then, did it? Hell, the Patriot Act was Clinton's brainchild, and he did more to damage our sovereignty, and we're still around.

But never fear, I'll call George up and tell him to put off the U.S. takeover until next year as Illuminati has a kickin' summer planned with college buddies. He'll relate to that!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I plan on going all out this summer.

Apparently so are they.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
interesting article, thats some scary #

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join