It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ouija Boards Evil?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rizla

I agree. The board likes to have fun at times and different people get on.

Ours however was dominated by one guy. He explained what Hell was and even said why he went to hell.

He also lied a lot so who knows what is true?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
My girlfriend, a friend and I did a ouija board about 5 years ago when we were living in Sydney. We made it ourselves from a big sheet of card with letters numbers and yes and no on it and used one of those flat clear plastic compasses as a make-shift pointer. After about 5 minutes of asking asking if anybody was there the compass moved over the word yes. We asked who it was and it spelled out the word MUZNY. We thought this was nonsense so we asked it to spell it again and again the spelling was the same. By now the pointer, which had started slowly was moving freely around the board. On these compasses there is a small bubble which can be used to magnify small areas on a map and as it moved around the board it turned so that the bubble came to rest over the correct letter. After some more questioning and checking to be sure that nobody was influencing it we asked if it had a message for anybody. It said yes. We asked who for and the pointer slid off the board and stopped in front of me. We put it back in the middle and asked again and the same thing happened. We asked what the message was and it spelt out YOUR DIE (sic). We said goodbye to the spirit (we'd been told that if we wanted to end a conversation on a ouija board we had to finish it by saying goodbye first.) Needless to say, we havent done one since although the temptation to try again is increasing as the memory of that night becomes more distant.

Very, very scary.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Most definetly get that info up on here if you can!

Two lines to appease the Gods..ehh Mods

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What I find interesting about the Ouija board is. If by a observer if asked the same questions and in the same order, then blind fold the players and not telling them, turn the board a 180 degrees. And ask the same questions again. You will notice they will answer the same, however they go to the same area as before! So if the board is ran by some spirit, demon or whatever why don't they answer in the true area rather than the same? Just trying to put a little logic into a once old board game rather making a demon or spirit controlled object.

Interesting subject though.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by digdeep

That's weird for sure. Same exact thing here. They mispelled lots of words or put the words together differently.

Back in the 1800's spelling errors were very common.
Spooky

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by truskeptic

I find that true. Blindfolding works. You get the same answer. My friends would only play in the dark.

We would turn the light on and put all the leetrs together to makes words and then sentences.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

O.K Ive uploaded the death certificates now I need to add the links and post these images. With a description of each.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The Bible warns us in Deut.18:10-12, "there should not be found in you anyone who.........consults a spirit medium,employs divination,practices majic, or a professional foreteller of events or enquires of the dead"
The reason God condems this practice is becuase he is knows the origin of those who repy. The answer is Satan and his cohorts (demons). They hate humans and are bent on bringing about disaster to any who listen to them. They may pose as a dead loved one whom they have observed when that person lived so as to have personal knowlegde of that one. However the Bible is quite clear that as Eccl. 9:5 says "the dead are conscience of nothing" also Ezikiel 18:4 " the soul that is sinning, it itself will die".
So you are not communicating with dead people you are talking with evil demons who hate you and are detirmined to see that you suffer destuction and lose any favor you have with God. burn or destroy all spiritistc material you have like the Ephesians did in Acts 19:19 "Quite a number of those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned themup before everybody. and thy calculated together the prices of them and found them worth 50,000 pieces of silver"
God wants to proect us from harm he's not trying to hide something of value. Trust Him.
my two cents

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by juiellineau

I agree with you. It's not good to open the door to Demons or communicate with them.

Some see it as a game. I'm surprised Parker Brothers made such a device! It isnt a game.

I worry about kids playing with it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Is it O.K to post old death certificates and obituaries on here? To verify. The guy died in 1920. Born in 1858.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Are Ouija Boards Evil?

It's hard to say when people think nothing but fun and entertainment. A story was told to me of a group of nurses in a dorm room playing with a make-shift ouija board of a piece of paper for the letters and an upside-down glass as their pointer, which they touched with their finger tips. Of course, it was a poor country so that was the closest they could get to working board. So yeah, the glass moved and spelled the name of the entity they were trying to communicate with that night. Lo and behold, they freaked out and never tried again.

As far as it being evil, they became successful nurses with the usual problems of family life. Meh.

[edit on 2009-4-05 by pikypiky]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
First off these children are in no way involved with a Ouija Board. It is their father who was communicating through it. He told us about his twins. We were able to verify through public records.

When I ordered a records search at the cemetery in that city I found that the mother of these twins had their remains exhumed and moved in with the guy communicating through the Ouija board.

They said they had never seen this done before. This guy told us that he drew his energy through children. We had to physically go to the cemetery.

At first we could not find any twins as he stated. I have a picture I took of a grave digger searching around his headstone for the twins.

I later learned they were all together in one lot. The lady at the cemetery said this was against the rules and couldn’t understand why this was done.

For me to verify this I emailed a copy of the record search to my sister. I am waiting for her to send it via email attachment. I cant find my original.

These death certificates are very sad. One baby dies at age 3 months and the other at 7 months.

All children are innocent and in the hands of God. My only problem is with their father who continued to use the Ouija board to get his point across and they were not good.

One thing I could never prove was that he worked for the railroad, was injured there and had a limp. Recently I found an old city directory, that proved it.

I almost fell off of my chair! I downed a whole bottle of Pink Chablis that night. My sister also has this info and I’ll get it soon.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You cant read my image links so here they are.

I am in no way implying that Masons are Demons, only this one. I know some good ones.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here is the Spooks obituary proving he lived in the same house. Date of death 1920. Last name Johnson.

t name Johnson.

We have since left that city and dont plan to return!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Good spirits never answers on Ouji Boards, they moved on, it's the traped spirits or non human ones that u normally get a response from. Either way the Ouji works, I've tried it, but they always lie so I see no point in playing it.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by amfirst]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by amfirst

Yes one guy In particular I can think of lied a lot but was truthful in some things we were able to verify.

It's also possible he claimed to be this guy and was really a demon.

Since I dont believe in Ghosts and dont believe dead guys can communicate whether they are in Heaven, Hell or elsewhere

I assume they are Demons.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Personally, I've had neither good nor bad experiences with ouija boards - nothing happened at all. However, my mother witnessed something interesting in the late 50's/early 60's. At a schoolmate's birthday party one of the young ladies had brought a ouija board. Things were going as they usually do - nonsensical answers or no answers at all. The mother of the birthday girl came into the room, and was encouraged to ask a question herself. "What is my husband's name?", she asked. The planchette spelled out a name and according to my mom, the woman proceeded to freak out. Later, it was found out that the board had replied with the name of her *first* husband, of which the daughter had no knowledge.
Needless, to say that experience put my mother and her friends off of further experiments with the ouija board. I would chalk it up to psychic influence from the mother, but who knows.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Graphic_View

Yes that is creepy! I really thought the same thing at first. They have some psychic powers or mind contol or something.

It's Definitely a weird game to say the least. I wont touch one.

I watched a show once on Ouija Boards and it was scary how others had similar experiences.

All that played came to the conclusion it was bad and never played again.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have used many ouija boards over the years. Both store bought AND home made. I have never had anything thing happen. I followed all the "rules" that you are supposed to, in order to contact the other side and nothing happened.

My mom told me once that as a kid she and her mom played with it and it moved, It told her that she was going to be a doctor when she grew up and she was going to marry a man named Ron Mayo. She found out years later that her mom was moving it, because nothing was happening then either.

Now that is not to say, that it is not capable of contacting the other side, I think that mabye it is, I have just been unsuccessful in doing so through this medium.

Although, My dad always said, "It is just a toy, like the magic 8 ball, there is nothing special about it."

In my opinion, it is not so much the board itself as it is the people using it who make contact with the other side.... Hope this helps.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thanks. I agree that it will not work with some people. I dont know why. Maybe they feel too scared or have a closed mind.

I think some people may be extra perceptive to things, therfore allowing it to work.

I wish Parker Brothers would ban the game. That Dungeons and Dragons game had similar affects on people.

I think? Both are bad in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join