It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion? Grow up

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
There have been over 20 battles in the Valley of Megiddo, probably because they all thought they were fulfilling the prophecy, but no one saw a cross in the sky, or Christ on a white horse so it wasn't fulfilled. Nor have their been asteroid impacts and other terrible judgments leading up to it. Short to Jesus could be thousands of years. Also, this generation is the one that needs to see to believe everything. It's the generation that has many "chariots" in the streets and we have weapons capable of fulfilling the book of Revelation. Its the generation that has completely put God out of the question and thus must be the final generation Jesus prophesied about along with the other prophets. God Himself said that Daniel would not be able to understand, only the generation of the time of the end. When people would run to and fro(busy busy) and the true knowledge would become abundant(Big Bang Theory, Thermonuclear dynamics, atomic weapons, Earth is round, etc.)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lastxdance

I'll point out that that is exactly what last generation said, and the generation before that, and before that etc.

...Not holding my breath.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Time is changing every day and even more so in a year. We constantly have to reset time to keep up so our system will function.

Everything that exists has its own cycle of time. And that cycle is changing rapidly as changes in matter and energy is speeding up.

Jesus said. I will come like a thief in the night and i believe him. We dont have a clue when things will happen.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

"Empty....

Tomb...."

You regard hear-say evidence as valid?

"Witnesses..."

Again, hear-say.

Why are you impressed so much with your short-sighted argument?????

Of course it IS Hearsay? Is that your only point? Because you are stating the OBVIOUS man!!!

Points should contain an AH-HA! moment.....

The crux is......"why do you jump to the conclusion that the hearsay is WRONG???????

No disrespect whatsoever...I am praying for wisdom for you...keep searching and you'll find the truth....

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I like joining in on ATS discussions of all sorts, but mostly religion. Man always strives to be greater than God, and the Bible is just trying to say something. In a nutshell He's(God/Elohim/Yahweh) trying to say that if you build a bunch of corporate skyscrapers and only love money, then the next solar maximum will knock out your power grids and completely devastate everything we downright expect as normal today.

There are many references to the future in the bible because it is 1/3 prophecy that has yet to be fulfilled. Genesis is the tale of the beginning, and man was naked. Revelation is a tale of the end, and man now wears a three-piece suit. See how far we've come. There's a lot of new technologies these days that could end life as we know it now. It was just written thousands of years ago in terms they could describe. The Bible is written in the erroneously weird and unnecessary way it is because if it wasn't it wouldn't be encoded. (thus jesus would have to say the parables he did in real life to have it be so) What I find most fascinating about it is the fact that the words tell a story and morals while still being encoded. This is the signature of God they refer to in the Scriptures.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Time is changing every day and even more so in a year. We constantly have to reset time to keep up so our system will function.

Everything that exists has its own cycle of time. And that cycle is changing rapidly as changes in matter and energy is speeding up.

Jesus said. I will come like a thief in the night and i believe him. We dont have a clue when things will happen.

Yes but remember this saying too: Matthew 24:23 "But know this, that if the good man of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up." He also says no man knows the DAY OR HOUR not MONTH, SEASON, or YEAR. So there you go!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

"The crux is......"why do you jump to the conclusion that the hearsay is WRONG??????? "

Because it's not supported by any credible evidence in the vast majority of cases. Strange that the Egyptians don't mention the Jews being in bondage in their country, isn't it? Strange that a mob can wonder around a small peninsula for FORTY YEARS and not leave a trace behind (including mention by other mobs wandering the area). Strange that all of Jesus's "teachings" were kipped from other religions.

Stranger still that people can try to organize their lives around hearsay, stories with no grounding in reality, that require creatures equivalent to tooth fairies and the Boogie Man.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
The crux is......"why do you jump to the conclusion that the hearsay is WRONG???????

It is more practical to conclude it is wrong than concluded it is right. We need to see real evidence.

Oh and...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastxdance

Originally posted by spy66

Yes but remember this saying too: Matthew 24:23 "But know this, that if the good man of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up." He also says no man knows the DAY OR HOUR not MONTH, SEASON, or YEAR. So there you go!!!

It is not as easy as that. You cant just quote something from the bible and think everything will be hunky dory. That is not helping anybody. Everybody can read. But that is only half of the clue.

You still have to get the timing right or you will be caught in your sleep.

If we dont fallow the right time we will get board and fall a sleep.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Nice shirt
It's a picture of Jesus(latinized name of Yeshua)

The Shroud of Turin is a better picture though. The dating done on that was inconclusive because the carbon dating wouldn't be right on for the materials that were previously torn. Not only that they have found natural cells of the flora and fauna of His whereabouts on the shroud. You know that web bot prediction thing with a margin of error that is REALLY REALLY low predicts mass disappearances this year due to some inter-dimensional gateway opening up. What does THAT sound like?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Nice shirt

The Shroud of Turin is a better picture though. The dating done on that was inconclusive because the carbon dating wouldn't be right on for the materials that were previously torn. Not only that they have found natural cells of the flora and fauna of His whereabouts on the shroud. You know that web bot prediction thing with a margin of error that is REALLY REALLY low predicts mass disappearances this year due to some inter-dimensional gateway opening up. What does THAT sound like?

Where did that information on on carbon dating come from? Just made up, of course.

As for the prediction, let me guess, that "web bot" is named "St. Big Blue of Assisi"?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

If you let the Bible simply interpret itself as it does, and don't put your/my input into it, then the time cycles for the Feast of Trumpets and Day of Atonement and the 1260 days, 2520 days, and other indicators matching scriptures to scriptures would suggest the day is not a set day. This could only be fufilled by the Feast of Trumpets because it falls after . The Trumpets 17,000 plus cycle will be fulfilled in 2015, and is the third and last time it can and will happen. Day of Atonement (as in atonement for the soul can only be wrought through blood and thus The Tribulation period) falls in Sept 2015 with four blood moons preceding it that all fall on Jewish Holidays. December 21 2012 may be the start of the Day of The Lord, and all I can say is ouch.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Where did the moon come from?

Interestingly enough the answer to that is very important for these times.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Where did the moon come from?

Interestingly enough the answer to that is very important for these times.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Nice shirt

Where did that information on on carbon dating come from? Just made up, of course.

As for the prediction, let me guess, that "web bot" is named "St. Big Blue of Assisi"?

I study dimensions,changes and time. I read in my books that as time changes at a rapidly changing speed, matter and energy breaks up and becomes a multitude of new matters and energies. which again speeds up the changes in all matter and energy.

How can scientist ever get their timing right ?

The speed and changes are not constant in any matter observed. They are constantly changing.

That's why time is a illusion.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2300

Religions are like organizations, that's all. Some religions base there precepts on the God of the Holy Bible, and others on other gods, and some on animals, and even some on things such as humanity itself and evolution, atheism etc. But they are all religions just the same. Religion will only take you so far. But religion brings order and purpose to those who follow them.

As for me, I follow Jesus Christ and his teachings from the Holy Bible itself. I would rather put my faith in Him rather than in any man's religion. That's the difference between a Christian and a mere religious person. Anyone can be religious, but how many can do the things that Jesus teaches, like love, forgive, give, help, feed, and have compassion, just because it is right?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Nice shirt

It sounds like they may get the LHC at CERN up and going after all...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You read in your books? Which books? And what part of them are you referring to, please? Just for verification, of course.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

If you let the Bible simply interpret itself as it does, and don't put your/my input into it, then the time cycles for the Feast of Trumpets and Day of Atonement and the 1260 days, 2520 days, and other indicators matching scriptures to scriptures would suggest the day is not a set day. This could only be fufilled by the Feast of Trumpets because it falls after . The Trumpets 17,000 plus cycle will be fulfilled in 2015, and is the third and last time it can and will happen. Day of Atonement (as in atonement for the soul can only be wrought through blood and thus The Tribulation period) falls in Sept 2015 with four blood moons preceding it that all fall on Jewish Holidays. December 21 2012 may be the start of the Day of The Lord, and all I can say is ouch.

The way i see it we are way of time all together. We live in our own created illusion of time. Everything we do is suited for our ego and knowledge. We celebrate events to fit our believes and faith. We create our own timing based on our interpreted faith and believes. There is hardly anybody who agrees on the right timing for celebrations.

Its more like we just fallow the leader and do what he commands.

Your religion is based on what the Pope tells you to do. You cant celebrate anything unless he gives you his blessings. And only the Pope has the power to tell you when the timing is right. The Pope has changed our calendar once not to long ago.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lastxdance

"Nice shirt"????

Oh, I see....A white guy who needs a haircut, wearing a shirt with a cross on it (I mean, he was asking for it!) and now the great mystery is, at last, solved!! He was a goalie on an ice hockey team! NOW it all begins to make sense....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join