It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO fleet menaces east London

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

UFO fleet menaces east London

www.theregister.co.uk

"Baffled" expert Nick Pope, who apparently "used to investigate sightings for the Ministry of Defence", described the visitation as “truly fascinating”. He said: “It appears to show nine objects flying in near perfect formation. About the only thing I know that can do this is the Red Arrows - and it’s not them. I’ve run through the list of possibilities that normally explain these things, but I can’t find an answer.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Wow what a pic! Any explanations ats'ers?

Looks very interesting to me. I know street view is coming up with anomalies all over the shop as well, but I don't think this one can be written off that easily.

These UFO's don't appear to be the shy bread they once where if this is the real thing. They are flying around in formation over the sky’s of London in clear daylight...

www.theregister.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Swamp gas, lanterns, venuses, air balloons, weather balloons, Kites. Have I missed anything out?

Edit: As pointed out forgot to add flock of birds and 'chinese' lanterns.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by android

ahh dont cha know its only abit of swomp gas

Or them lanten things lol

well interesting them little sphear things.. reminds me of that film from years ago with them little tiny metal balls LOL oh damm that was along time ago

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
i take it UFOs are more mainstream knowledge in the UK these days than here in the States?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

yep, you missed the new favorite, chinese lanterns

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
After looking at the picture, I have to say that I don't find anything MENACING about them?
I did find the scot giving the V sign menacing though, he really scared me ( he looked a bit 'alien-like' with his blurry face), but the 'UFO's' didn't.
What is it that makes them menacing anyway?, perhaps the paper could explain it to me.

Besides if they're in the east end of London , I'm surprised they didn't get their UFO hubcaps stolen.

[edit on 30/3/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

You missed the main one - a flock of birds!

Yes, a flock of birds holding lanterns and farting swamp gas!!`

CX

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Great pic.

Haven't a clue what that might be. I've been to enough kite festivals in my time to know that it could be a kite, i mean they come in many shapes and sizes....whatever you want really, but anyone flying a kite that close to a high street is just crazy for many reasons.

With that in mind, i'm going to take a guess at it not being a kite.

By the looks of the people in the pic, there could be at least three others who could possibly be looking at it too, especially the guy in the light short further down the street. Hopefully someone caught this on thier phone or something.

Might sound obvious, but it doesn't say whether any jets were doing a fly by that day. Is there any way of finding out? I thought they'd have checked that out anyway?

As for the expert Nick Pope, whilst i've always liked his stuff, he really needs to get out there and see some more air shows. The Red Arrows are not the only flying group that can do this by a long run.

CX.

CX

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Does it say when this picture was taken?

I just did a quick Google search and found this article about another East London sighting, where a group of UFO's were spotted over a supermarket in Bromley.

Look towards the bottom of the article and you'll see it mentions a sighting of about 20 solid red lights in the sky over Bethnal Green.

UFO Spotted over East London Supermarket

It would be interesting to know if these were at similar times.

CX.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
nick pope is a chuffing idiot - to put it bluntly

as for the ID of the objects

was there ANY sigting of a 9 strong ` ufo fleet ` in essex in the last 3 to 10 months [ aprox timeframe GE street view data was filmed ] ????

my ` gut instinct `

the shapes look VERY similart to the RAF chinook ` in flight ` - but i doubht that given operational uses in iraq / afganistan and maintainance / down time - that we have 9 airframes in the uk to send up as one flight

baring that birds - they are veryu common you know

as for kites - yup a possibility - and while people do not fly kites on the highstreet - they dop fly them in parks and commons that are near by - and its obvious that the objects or miniscule or at a great distance

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The image was taken for Google Street View - probably some time last summer. I'm sure if Google can confirm the date, the intrepid Sun reporters will find out

www.thesun.co.uk...

Not sure what it is, but it looks fairly close by and my estimation would put each 'sphere' maybe a few inches across.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I've seen Chinooks flying over my house and they certainly do not fly in that formation, they fly in a line with a lot of space between them, 2 rotors are wide and they need a lot of gap otherwise they'd collide.
I've never seen any formation from flying aircraft ( except the red arrows during practise or display) in that diamond shape for general flying.
Sorry I don't think they are either chinooks OR birds.
the spaces look even so unless someone has released silver helium balloons with some sort of rigid frame between them I'd have to just say

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The picture is very interesting. But how is this seen as menacing? This is the journalists slant, I take it.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Probably not even the journo's take on it, probably the PTB have 'told' the paper to tell us to make us believe that the ET's are upto no good , and that we should be scared of them and any contact.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think this must be a plane formation or we would have herd alot more about it. If you look at how many people are looking at it from accross the road, meaning they must have been making quite a bit of noise to catch that many peoples attention. One guy looks like he is recording it on his mobile.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Minotaur]

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Minotaur]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Minotaur

Exactly what I was thinking, the lady at the bus stop seems to be looking for them, which given her line of sight is block must suggest they where making a lot of noise.

The guy crossing the road is looking as well, surprised these spanners didn't even consider that seeing as there is nothing else the woman at the bus stop could be looking at.

My guess would be a group of private pilots in practice.

Edit: the shape in the close up even seems to suggest planes, conclusion, Nick has made a tit out of himself again.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by MrAnonUK]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Very interesting, but isnt it strange that you dont hear of abductions here in UK that much ? I would have thought , what with all the texans , nevadans, and such from the states getting beamed up apparantly by the football stadiums worth over the years, we would hear of more of that here in blighty !
Anyway , they dont look even a bit spherical to me , and they dont look like the red arrows or the italian display crew either. To be quite frank , they look like what they are. UFO. But I agree with the majority of posters here. Theres nothing menacing. It would be menacing for them to be transmitting a "SURRENDER OR DIE PUNY EARTH SCUM!" messege, while firing warning shots at innocent buildings. As it is, seems like what ever they are, they dont seem to mean any harm at the time of the pic being taken.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by android

Good find android thanks for posting.

Seriously folks if you looked at this other picture you can see a bit more.
Now did anyone of you drop kicks "franspeakfree,symmetricAvenger,reject,WatchNLearn" happen to even view the Op's(android) picture? surely Not with ya smart ass remarks!

I'm now refereeing to this 360degree picture:

What I see is Five people across the road (reference is the Father in a Beige t-shirt with his son in a Red t-shirt ) all looking up,which may indicate that there is Sound for them all to look up?
Also the first picture has One man approaching the lane(right) looking up in that direction, White shirt, blue jeans walking in the gutter line looking up right,His 2'oclock.

What I see from the picture is there seems to be sound there for All these people to look in that direction all at once.

Zelong.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Don't forget flares my friend. That's a pretty common explanation these days.

The picture is definitely interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join