It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO fleet menaces east London

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Be careful TrueBrit, they'll be saying the government is doing it next, in their custom build anti-gravey capable UFO's and they'll all want to take up arms against the 'feds' because of it!

You'll start a civil war mate.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by MrAnonUK]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It seems to be quite a few Londoners on the "comments" section feel it was the Red Arrows:

The Red Arrows badge shows the aircraft in their trademark diamond nine formation, with the motto Éclat, meaning "brilliance" or "excellence".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Google Street View + The Sun = worst possible evidence imaginable

It's an interesting picture, but considering it came from Street View I'm afraid it will never hold water.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Very much doubt it.

For viewing the image, especially the zoom, these objects are perfect circles.

Arguably one of the most compelling UFO photo's taken to date.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Perfect circles? You need to pay a visit to spec savers.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
From a friend of mine...
Fascinating stuff.

I just checked with a relative (and local resident) Fast Eddie Freely, who's family have lived in Bethnal Green since the 1930s.

He said "It's a disgrace, that's wot it is. Bleedin' Aliens, comin' over 'ere, like they own the manor. It wasn't like this in Ronnie and Reggie's day, they'd have 'em, no problem. Larst time we had Aliens here, Ronnie and Reggie got 'em and nailed 'em to the floor of the Blind Beggar by their tentacles. That learned 'em. Diamonds, they were, those boys, bleedin' diamonds..."

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAnonUK

Heh REFUSE ! RESIST ! LOL seriously ! I reckon a bit of revolution wouldnt be bad at this point, you know I can see the headlines now "Prescott removed by JCB , Brown wrapped in tartan carpet and thrown in Thames! World stands shocked by victory over corperate intrests! USA puts the British population on most wanted list!"
Heh ... Now that I gota see

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
See , that is there plan .... not to come off "menacing" but our "friends" then after they have made there grand apperance and settled in for a while......."B A N G" out jumps the monkey from the coconut grove.... they majority of them are not to be trusted.....but I think some know Jesus..( they all know him , everyone does,, I mean some may be christian or follow that faith ) because they are us/halfbreeds/fallen angels it all fits.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged.

Menacing no, unless they are attacking or worse, but interesting.

Absolutely.

I would say this is one of the best I have seen as far as formation, I would like to see more pics of this or the series of pics.

Can't wait to hear the experts view on this one.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

The red Arrows sounds about right to me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/001600409b60.png[/atsimg]

homepage.ntlworld.com...

Of all the formations flown by the Red Arrows, Diamond Nine is the most recognisable, and indeed has become the team's signature formation, which means that it features in the display every year. When watching the Red Arrows in Diamond Nine formation, look for symmetry between the left- and right-hand sides, and for the formation to be of good length.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zelong
reply to post by android

Good find android thanks for posting.

Seriously folks if you looked at this other picture you can see a bit more.
Now did anyone of you drop kicks "franspeakfree,symmetricAvenger,reject,WatchNLearn" happen to even view the Op's(android) picture? surely Not with ya smart ass remarks!

Hey, thanks for pointing out those names, I'm actually quite sick of these people making those idiotic remarks. "oh its swamp gas, balloons, kites, did i miss anything lolz." It's old, played out, lame, so please stop (franspeakfree,symmetricAvenger,reject,WatchNLearn)

Good thread by the way, probably controlled drones spying.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Gouki]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Errm, the Red Arrows, are actually RED.
The clue is in the name.

And for any aircraft to be practising in the same airspace as Docklands and Heathrow? Don't think so.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
what a picture wow im amazed at how easily they are letting there self be seen and in such a flock i love it it just seems more and more evidence comes forward these days

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I went on to search for it on google earth but it seems that picture is no longer available on "street view" Not that its unavailable but it doesnt show what that images is showing. I did find this thoug, but it seems its an error on the picture, looks to be the bulb area of a lamp post.

i39.tinypic.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Firstly, the newspaper source is not exactly reliable, as The Sun have been making up silly stories for years.

Secondly, if you go into StreetView and take a look, there's nothing there and the images appear to have been taken on different dates - you can tell by the billboard at the side of the bus stop.

In Google Maps, search for Wolverley Street, London then enter streetview
and go West just before the entrance to Wolverley Street and look for the Coral shop.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of how the picture gets blurry as your eyes follow the pole upwards towards the objects in question. Take a look at the larger picture provided in the original link, and then the zoomed in one

Below the lowest object in BOTH images you can see the horizontal line on the pole just to the left of them, where things "coincidentally" happen to get blurry.

It doesn't sit right with me that any supposed pilots of these objects, would know exactly where to fly in the sky, to appear just above the "blur" line, just in case they were captured in some image.

This story stinks
and I thank you for posting it.

Edit to add: I'll say this as well. Had The Register cropped the zoomed-in image to not include the clear portion of the pole, this could have been slightly more believable.
[edit on 30-3-2009 by danj3ris]

[edit on 30-3-2009 by danj3ris]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
it totally looks added in. Look at the full view, the clouds are lighter around the objects..

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This story is a good example of how superficial the reporting of UFOs is. Not one article, as far as I can see, actually lists the date that the photo was taken. So we have to take Nick Pope's word for it that there were no flyovers in London at the time. What annoys me is that journalists have taken The Sun story jiggled around the words and added nothing. No badgering Google for specifics. Just more noise. For the photograph we've got a Who, Why, and Where for this sighting - which is a good, but no When, which is is a pain in the buttocks for anyone who is curious. They are in a diamond 9 formation.

For me the source Google page has gone blank (linked in The Register article above - one of the better articles):

/dj48nr

It's probably just down from over burdened by curious visitors like me. But if it comes back minus the UFOs that's even odder.

Edit: Appears to be a browser issue my end - works in an alternate browser.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What exactly does that "V" sign mean anyway?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What annoys me is everyday I try and watch the news reports, think about new interesting topics to discuss on here, and then somebody posts a piece of crap like this and they get flagged and pushed to the top headline of the day.

It doesnt make sense!

Below that story is the fantastic image of a ghost (woman in fancy dress) walking along Cardiff high street, and then a guy sticking his fingers up to a CCTV camera in edinburgh, there are these real UFO's just wondering along London. They should have had a word with peggy mitchell, see what she had to say about it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join