It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by antar

Ohhhhhh...And the first thing I said when I saw the HUGE pic (the first one you re-sized) was Nice Stomach!
I'm kind'a sorry the *big Pic* is gone - that was really cool all big like that.
(By the by svelte is just a nice way of sayin *tomboy* - I am soooo not all that, lol.)

Anyway! The mars pics (IMO) are just incredible. It's like my eyes are learning something new by looking at them. Taking in something so foreign that my eyes don't quite *get it* right off. I'm going to save that pic as my screen saver!

Yes Antar cindymars the character was about to go gay. LOl
Antar is SO sexy!

I am spending most online time researching the e cigareetes.

See yall later.
Southern accent not characters. LOL

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
So I'll just sit here and drool and watch Slayer eat that sub all by his-self!

All gone

By the way - as to the person who said my U2U *self description* reminded them of what HE looked like when he was going into puberty...I said think Audry Hepburn and Twiggy NOT Spanky from Our Gang!

Now that was a joke!

Anyway peeps I had to take a break from my new post to help a "Friend" Who needed a new avatar I hope she likes it as do all of you.
I'm almost done

Stay tuned

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=6165682#pid6165682

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I counted 5 Opera peeps there, Visible_Villain, Antar, Slayer, you, and QA. I went to post a couple of myself, but found the 'post reply' button was non-existent for me. Bummer, 'cause I'm such an exhibitionist, not to mention one of those 'right wing extremists' on account of my gun-nuttery.

Here are the pics so you know who you're talking to, and the stormtroopers will have a means of identifying the body after they kick my door in one dark and stormy night

Edit: fixed the url. I sent you back to your own pictures again....

[edit on 2009/4/20 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Bummer - it says there are no photos there

And yes, I had this same issue with the member photo link until I discovered that I needed to log in on BTS then ta-da there was the reply button.

Now get that pic up!

Edit: "right wing extremist"
:hides behind the tree this liberal is hugging: Clarification: I don't want anyone to take your guns
Perhaps you can protect me when the shtf - I plan on getting a good sling shot, never run out of bullets. Heh.

[edit on 4/20/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Thanks! I got it right this time, got 'em posted. Just 'cause I'm a rightwing extremist nutjob (defined by America's very own DHS, so it MUST be so, eh?) doesn't mean I go around shooting tree-huggers. I've been known to hug a tree or two myself. I usually sober up at some later point, though.

Having woods all around me is what I miss the most about being trapped down here in the flat-lands. And sure, if TSHTF, I got your back. Might be better if you get MY back, though. That puts you behind the muzzle! Just hand ammo forward, I'll handle the rest...

On the running out of ammo front, I also have 11 swords, 3 spears, 5 blowguns, 3 crossbows, and 2 longbows, and roughly 40 fightin' knives. The stuff there that does run out of ammo, well, I can make it to order when it does. My guns are mostly just for show. They make too much noise for practical use!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Oh my!
A man after my own heart - (If I had one that is
)
What a way to spend the day - at the range with all my *toys*.
My fave is still the long shots with my .223 (military flash suppress with folding stock)
Well, one of my favorites among many!
PICTURES!!!

WOW - thank you for posting the picture url Whisper!
I had no idea!
Can't wait to go and look to *see* who I'm talking to.
(I wonder if I'm brave enough to post)???
Thanks!

Oh and to that *friend* who you rubber stamped there ol Slayer - she was joking too -

*Rubber Stamps ya forehead*
Anyone heard from Captain Loam?
I hope he’s having a great time - at whatever he’s doing!

peace

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Sorry for the delay guys - my first child, Jacob Matthew was born at 1244 in the morning on April 13th in Tucson, AZ and I've been in town staying w/ my wife and family since the 12th. He is a healthy baby born 7 pounds, 11 ounces and 20 inches long.

I'll have my pics up of me on my media portal soon so you guys can see what I look like - if you dare.

Post some more in the near future.

Cheers!

Here's the link to my pics on the portal....

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=list_photos&album_id=836

Edit to add link

[edit on 21-4-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
post by mf_luder

~~~~!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!~~~~

I so hope Mrs. Luder is doing well!

Jacob Matthew Welcome to the World!

*runs off to see pics*

peace
now more than ever...

EDIT to ADD: Pic link broke. I see no little baby Jacob Mathew... Will check later for fixed link.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Silo - just for you, I dropped 3 pics of some of the toys we had at the range that day into the folder with the pics I posted on the other thread. Silencers, machineguns, bullets... oh my! Everything was legal, tax paid and everything. We had all the paperwork to prove it, too, in case the range runners got nervous. Funny, they never even asked. Had 3 gang bangers come up for a day of practice while we were there. They never even unloaded their stuff, just took one look at what we had, packed up, and took off. The black shotgun is an M590, and my baby. I built it that way just because a 'professional' gunsmith told me it couldn't be done. Silencer for the M9 is CIA, only 6 of them ever built, I'm told. Since I'm lazy these days, you'll have to find the link to my folder a few posts above.

Of course you're brave enough to post! I live in the shadows, under the radar, and I did!

Luder - Congrats on the baby! You owe me a cigar now! I'll be expecting Cuban, since the trade restrictions are being lifted.

Checking out your pictures:

CIB? - check

Marksmanship badge? - check

Chest full of fruit salad? - check

Looks like a bona-fide war hero to me!

I can't get used to the rank falling off the collar down to the center of the chest on them there new ACUs, though. Shows my age, I reckon.

Enjoy your time with your new boy. We'll keep Penelope's afterburners warmed up for when you get back, an' no rush on it. I'm guessing you probably got a 30 day leave, and it ain't enough, considering the circumstances. I remember when my son was born, and I'd have bitten the arm clean off of anyone that tried to drag me away. He's 14 now, just had a birthday Saturday, and mean as a rattlesnake. I'd still bite an arm off over him. Matter of fact, I turned down a 160,000 dollar a year gig in Iraq at the new embassy because I didn't want to be gone from him for the contract length. Now my broke butt just sits around watching him sprout up. Watch 'em close, and spend as much time with him as you can. They grow up fast, usually when you ain't looking.

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/4/21 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Thanks for the great pics!

Gives me a much better visual of what I'll be up against (lol) when we all meet on the near future on board, well, whichever ship we choose to meet on.
Of course the Yydryl will have the Jacuzzi, just sayin.

All kidding aside, thanks.

By the by I didn't know I couldn't leave messages for people unless they were on my *friends* list... So I hope everyone doesn't mind I add you.
Until now I haven't had a *friends* list.
I've been trying to stay completely unbiased in posting and for some reason having friends and foe lists seem to detract from neutrality (in my head at least) - but, you all are just too much fun to message so - I'm breaking in a list.

Thanks all.

peace

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Congratulations!!!

I wish you and your growing family health and a bright future. There really is no moment in your life which will have more meaning than the birth of a child.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Congrats man! All my best to you and your new family.

Also checked your pics, first thing that caught my eye... the AC/DC shirt... AC/DC is coming through where I live in August... tickets went on sale this weekend and sold out within an hour. I would love to go but the $$$ for a ticket is a little out of my spending limit.

EDIT TO ADD: Relevance. I enjoyed the new post luder. That should get things bustling over on the Penelope.

[edit on 21/4/2009 by Scurvy]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Attention, party pooper entering the room.

OK guys, can we cut out the chit chat? That's not the purpose of this thread. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'll try to restrain myself from further off topic posts.
Warms up the U2U button.

I'm looking forward to getting the Penelope moving again
hint

I have a question.
Should we move the P out into space and have her on her way on our own? Because our Captain is MIA at the moment.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Check Cap'n luder's last post. We're on our way to the moon, to link up with a massive assault group. Looks like we're soon gonna be dodging plasma beams again, and Seeker is under NEW secret orders of some sort. I hope neno remembered to pack his space suit - hard to breathe vacuum!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Handsome man urm I mean you look like a real Starfleet Captain! A most warm congratulations on the precious baby boy
(hope he looks like his Mommie) oops did I say that out loud???

Hope you can get back to the Penlope often as you are an incredible character and I so look forward to doing battle with you and your crew.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

OK guys, can we cut out the chit chat? That's not the purpose of this thread. Thanks.

Agreed that this is not the forum for chit chat. However, I do find this 'bonding' creates good energy that hopefully increases our creativeness and motivation.

As if we all need one more thread to follow, this issue has come up more then once and I think we need an appropriate outlet, as it will no doubt come up again if we do not so I created this outlet:

Space Opera Bar & Grill

Of course we should still keep our Opera collaborative inquires here, but for those who wish to chat on a more personal level - I hope this creates that outlet.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I get a "404 file not found" error when clicking the link to the "Space Opera Bar and Grill".

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Thread is closed. Hoping to find a resolution. Stay tuned and patient.

EDIT UPDATE: This is a dead stick. Let's just leave it at that and not discuss it further. We can dialog in chat, U2Us, profile posts and emails :wink:

Thanks for your support everyone but, again - let's let this be the last of the discussion in the working thread.

[edit on 4/21/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

ohh, I was heading over to tell you just that whisper, it has become a nono to start those kind of elite threads, or well as can be considered anyway. I find none of you in the chat when I go there which has not been too often since the reopening of the forum. I would love to talk live with you guys , just shoot me a u2u anytime you want to talk!

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join