It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 265
<< 262  263  264    266  267  268 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

One reason I'm so glad to get these zombies taken care of. Maybe I should go back and actually name them? Get the actual number? The zombies are all the Captains and others who just went 'poof'. And their story lines? Well, since they're Zombies the story lines went 'poof' too.

It will feel good to get them cleaned up though. It's a sad way to tie-up those characters but really nothing more we can do at this point. Like you said, if we chopped up the Opera it just wouldn't be... The Opera.

*Off to finish editing*...

Added Note: I can't wait to see what BIAD does with Silo, Muckles and Ship! To get her well!

edit on 7-11-2011 by silo13 because: see added note

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I wasn't sure how many zombies there were to begin with. I know I said "dozens of them" when I wrote the scene; but I read also that they are reanimated former officers or something??
And I knew Ernie was gonna be killing and piling them up.
So I just grabbed those two notions and stuck them in there with Dag and Adam. Otherwise it would've been pretty dull just taking Adam to the bay and.....leaving him??

I'll wait to see what Chum and Carpet do and then figure out what Dag will do. Adam will definitely be left in the chamber for a while (I was imagining he'd be unconscious for a while). Giving everyone else time to do their thing, and perhaps for him to have an odd dream or two...

also, I recall you all discussing weaknesses of the characters some time ago -- I have a couple of ideas for Dag, but wanted to know if any have yet been established for her or for Adam??

Since I've lost my very brief hold on Bransom (thanks, Ernie...(neno)....she was quite a handful), I might introduce a new character, unless there are others that need hand-holding?? Any suggestions?
Or turn one of the extant ones into the new bad guy??

I had the impression CyndyMars might be turning bad or have an evil streak??

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
How utterly delightful!!

*chuckling to self in wee pre-dawn hours, always her favorite and most creative*

Can't wait til BIAD jumps back in -- you guys are all great! Wow!!

Improv is one of my favorites -- this is as close at it can get to doing it in person...and with such talented folks!!
As much as I've tried to write humor, I always wander back to drama, even melodrama and sentimentality...
I need others' thoughts and remarks to spark and bounce my sense of humor off of; in conversation I'm good at it, it comes very easily -- harder when I'm trying to write all the parts at once.

THANKS!! ug, obviously I'm no able to write a coherent sentence at this point -- type at you soon!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

CindyMars is on her evil side but we really can't do anything more with her until one of us get a hold of her and ask. I tried emailing but I've not heard back. That's one reason why I sent 'CindyMars' home. I don't feel comfortable doing more with her character until we get a go ahead.

*Thinking out loud here*...

Any more characters is up to you of course, just remember we've got another handful back at the Tower with Neno - and it's about to get a little complicated (VERY COMPLICATED in my one dimensional mind) clearing up the whole Dark Lord / Big Riff thing.

I hope BIAD has a chance to take care of curing Ship soon. (I'm dying to hear it)!

I've no idea what BIAD's got in mind for the Splitter, but if I remember right he's got something going on with that. There was talk of hiding the Splitter in the Center but those dynamics are long gone. Also, BIAD has some idea about turning it into a character? I'm not sure yet, you'll have to ask BIAD.

We do have to make sure someone gets the Splitter off Adam before he goes into stasis though.

And have no fear - your humor is GREAT!

edit on 7-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yeah, I was thinking that while trying to doze off (about the Splitter, not about my humor...he he..but thanks!!) -- just went into the zone, though, not sleep, and I thought "Dag will have to remember the Splitter"
Okay, so...yeah, I didn't "speak" for Ernie - just did the hawking thing, as it seemed "fitting" -- as for the other bunch still on Carbiox, I'm not super clear on all the Ophis and Flayers and those guys -- and the Culs -- will they be past now, too?

and, is there a vice-president? Where did we go with Dag being the interim ATS -- now Silo is back there's no need...wait...would Dag somehow get named the....the new..Presi ---------------naaahhh. It was Ernie who did Bransom in, so then, would HE be the..... naaaaahhh

And what about Silo and Muckles and the flute - will they be in the center yet? Or are they still in the transport room? And when did Carpet leave them with the flute, or is he in both places at once?

and speaking of Carpet:

Officials say battling the fire was made difficult by the size of the building and its contents, which included large amounts of carpet. Fire crews used thermal imaging devices and guide ropes. Crews needed heavy equipment to remove smoldering carpet.

Read more: www.kansascity.com...

I snipped that before coming back to this thread...I'm thinking: Uh, Chumley, Carpet and flame-throwers...all together...uh oh!!!

I'll be happy to write it, if that's your pleasure, but these are the Qs I have about the whole scene regardless of who writes it. Just so Dag gets to be there!

edit on 7-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Gah! my last posting left me feeling a little 'tainted'!
BIAD assures me that -that is how you get rid of
'bad things' -as he put it.

I'd hate to see what he does if he ever got a wart or
something!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

THIS!... I gotta get this in somehow...Costner's character is
Neno on a bad day

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I've not been to the Opera thread but I'll add one quick post here...

as for the other bunch still on Carbiox, I'm not super clear on all the Ophis and Flayers and those guys -- and the Culs -- will they be past now, too?

The 'others' there you might be more interested in is Quorra, Y'lwren, her brother Y'lrang and the family of Cul's who're trapped in a jail of types in the Tower. I've got to go back and read about them too, but, there' a lot there. I'll give you a rundown later if you want I need to go deal with my bunnies.

ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!

If anyone offers you the 'Captain' of the Yydryl position? RUN LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.

It's a death sentence pure and simple. Every single 'Captain' of the Yydryl has left the Opera...and not always in a good way.

Where did we go with Dag being the interim ATS -- now Silo is back there's no need...wait...would Dag somehow get named the....the new..Presi ---------------naaahhh. It was Ernie who did Bransom in, so then, would HE be the..... naaaaahhh

Ernie has a wholeeeee other set a options for him.

As for Dag? It's my opinion you should wait for Ship to 'get cured' and see what she has to say? Ship has many positions that need to be filled. I wonder which one Ship thinks would suit you best? And Silo might decide to give up her 'Attendant To Ship' to stay with the 'refugee Culs' (if we pick them up).

And what about Silo and Muckles and the flute - will they be in the center yet? Or are they still in the transport room? And when did Carpet leave them with the flute, or is he in both places at once?

No idea I've not been to the storyline yet!

edit on 7-11-2011 by silo13 because: ugha bugha

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

To answer your other questions? Now it's time for Silo to take care of Muckles.

We still need to get Chumley into the Center to clean up that other mess, find Deson's bones, etc.

Also, it's time for Silo and Carpet to have a talk about a fateful night a log long time ago.

Pssst... Don't EVER take the Captain's chair! Not even in joking. I know I'm repeating myself, but, hun, it's JINXED!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

YEeeOWZA!!!

That
was
AWESOME!! I love Costner -- and yeah, that' SOO neno!

Watched it twice, made the old man watch it with me...
he said "you should send them the dog one"
let's see if I can figure it out....
This is Neno tormenting Y'lwren while they are holed up somewhere together -- on his bad day.....

okay... hep me, pleez....don't know how to embed the actual video properly...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thanks, I just copied from BIAD's formatting....
not so difficult after all!!
Enjoy!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Pour Vous... Ma'am.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Pour Vous... Ma'am.

Mine...mine, mine, mine, mine...mine...

Wow. Dude.
Too fun.
Too bad I can't upload it -- yet. Every time I go to media it says uploads are disabled. Is there a way to get around it??
I love it.

PS - LOVE the sig...well done BIAD....

the walrus and the carpenter....

Thoughts on the Neno-Y'lwren video inclusion? I've watched the what a night vid 5 times now -- super awesome.

Sheesh. Wow...
What do I owe ya????

And.....(choosy beggar here)....can the hair be more coppery/gold?? Not sure it would match the scheme....but would resemble mine better. LOVE the outfit. Gonna have to make one of those, too....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Drag it or 'save-image' to your Desktop and then upload it via
ATS uploads... that should doit.

Oh... and I enjoyed doing it... no charge, Writer!

EDIT: I joined you in Carroll's writings (see Sig) he wrote
the Jabbawocky when living only a couple of miles from
where I currently reside!

BIAD is alledgedly the creature he describes!!

(Oh... now he's showing his bottom lip in a sulk... back soon)
edit on 7-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I joined you in Carroll's writings (see Sig) he wrote
the Jabbawocky when living only a couple of miles from
where I currently reside!

So... I'm not the only one that reads sigs!! Cool!
I'm currently reading Sarum (third try -- the beginning is a bit eyelid-challenging--)
....Christchurch is on the map in the beginning.

My parents were the ones intro'd me to Lewis Carroll - I have a jacketed hard-bound facsimile of the original, hand-written Alice book...

EDIT::: Oh, and...yeah, I felt tainted too after your last post. ... but I'll get over it.
now, truly, what do you think of the dog-tease?? Neno and Y'lwren?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The Dog-Tease vid is not dissimilar to what the two young kids
do to BIAD thru' the window every evening.
If the eyeless weirdo had a nose, it would be flat by now!
Poor soul falls for it everytime!

My parents were the ones intro'd me to Lewis Carroll -
I have a jacketed hard-bound facsimile of the original,
hand-written Alice book...

I think the Wabbit-Hole is where we will all end up with our story,
Mmm... I wonder if Nenothtu has a large hat?
edit on 7-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Since I've lost my very brief hold on Bransom (thanks, Ernie...(neno)....she was quite a handful), I might introduce a new character, unless there are others that need hand-holding?? Any suggestions?
Or turn one of the extant ones into the new bad guy??

You can create any newbie characters you like, for whatever purpose you need - we always have done that, which is how Bransom came about to begin with... and Dag, and Adam, and Tibbs, and Chumley, and Lt. James and a plethora of others.

A number of the extant characters seem to be "pets", so I'd go with introducing a new one if you need a villain. that way, you can create the persona from scratch without having to explain a turn for the worse.

The closest point to watch is to figure out a way that they gain a logical entry into the story. For example, you could always import an evil U-man from the Penelope, which seems to just be sitting there at the moment, all but a derelict, with something like 15,500 crew aboard. I think Yydryl's crew has been pretty well pared down, and seems to consist mostly of robots and androids these days.

Can an android go over to the Dark Side? Interesting question.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

She dead all over da place in dere...’ Chumley turned pea green with nausea.

‘Yeah, she all over da walls.‘

Dose dead U-Mans! Dey eating Bransom off da wall, off da floor.

ROFLMAO! Chumley DO have a way with the language, don't he?

==============================

The Yydryl healing ceremony was... lively... I dare not quote any of it here for fear that my head may burst into flame from the intensity of the blush, but

==============================

Ernie seems rather insistent on the desire to kill sumpin' else, don't he? ROFLMAO!

Chumley showed up just in the nick of time - he can whisk Ernie off the The Center, where they can pile up zombies and flame 'em with that thrower to his hearts content!

Them "demons" or whatever they were that had their wicked way wiv poor old Muckles? They ain't got a prayer - well, if they were the prayin' sort to begin with, that is - when Chumley and Ernie get there, either. After all, Old Ben was the one what taught neno not to fear even Death to begin with!

Long Live ErnieBen!

edit on 2011/11/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011/11/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

reply to post by silo13

Yeah, I was thinking that while trying to doze off (about the Splitter, not about my humor...he he..but thanks!!) -- just went into the zone, though, not sleep, and I thought "Dag will have to remember the Splitter"
Okay, so...yeah, I didn't "speak" for Ernie - just did the hawking thing, as it seemed "fitting" --

It's fine for you to speak for Ernie. He's an "NPC", and you did a bang-up[ job with the vernacular all the same!

as for the other bunch still on Carbiox, I'm not super clear on all the Ophis and Flayers and those guys -- and the Culs -- will they be past now, too?

That gets... complicated... The Ophis are from our "universe", "dimension", "timeline", whateveryouwannacallit. Right now, the ones at the tower are in a different whateveryouwannacallit, long long ago. well, and here's the complicated part - it's probably the same one, but long ago and before it branched off to provide two separated realities. Think of it like a tree, if it helps. You have the main trunk, from which everything springs. As you go out a branch, there are further branches, offshoots, and whatnot. They all have the same leaves, and came from the same place, but they are NOT the same thing... each is slightly different, the result of a decision or event somewhere that caused the branch to subdivide into other branches.

Now imagine those branches to be individual realities, timelines, dimensions, universes, whateveryouwannacallems. They all are different, but related to one another, and the further you go back in time (going towards the tree trunk), the more closely related they get, and the less diversity there is.

The Yydryl of "now" is a leaf out on a branch tip, and there are branches all around that one that look similar, with similar Yydryls, but each is different from the other, the result of whatever event or decision led to that branch.

The "Big Rip" is a knothole in the branch that will lead to the eventual death of that branch and all of it's sub-branches. When we repair the Big Rip by preventing it, it will have never been, which will in turn affect the development of all those branches and sub branches. and no one but those present at the repair will ever know that happened, and that reality was once slightly different than it is now. There will be legends and the like, but of course no evidence, since it has now never happened...

I'm not making a hell of a lot of sense, am I?

and, is there a vice-president?

Not that we know of - Bransom seemed one to be a bit too jealous of her power to allow for a potential rival. In her mind, to allow for a successor would be an invitation for that successor to just assassinate her and take over the power and everything that goes with it.

Where did we go with Dag being the interim ATS -- now Silo is back there's no need...wait...would Dag somehow get named the....the new..Presi ---------------naaahhh. It was Ernie who did Bransom in, so then, would HE be the..... naaaaahhh

There really isn't any UEF to be President OF since Earth was destroyed. Bransom seems to have taken the title and claimed the power, but moved her base of operations to Rigellian space in the manner of a "government in exile". Ernie, being originally from "farther out the branch", knew the history and reality of events that those living them can't see, because some developments to put the pieces into historical context have not yet occurred in their time frame.

I have to wonder how Ernie got to Cim's cabin in the 20th century to begin with, or how he wound up in Vandalia as "Old Ben" in nenothtu's time, but I recall distinctly his fascination with one of Cindymars' books, and his unaccounted for knowledge of her "time tabs".

-- to be continued --

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

and, is there a vice-president? Where did we go with Dag being the interim ATS -- now Silo is back there's no need...wait...would Dag somehow get named the....the new..Presi ---------------naaahhh. It was Ernie who did Bransom in, so then, would HE be the..... naaaaahhh

One other twisted consequence of all this - when we repair the Big Rip, and time itself is changed from that point forward, one of the differences in the development of our "home time" will be that the Earth still exists and was never destroyed, the UEF still exists with it's legitimate President still in place, Bransom never was President (she remains a low-level bureaucrat), and Ernie never killed her.

<< 262  263  264    266  267  268 >>

join