It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection.... Help!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So, the last couple of nights while I've been in bed, I've done what I've read in this thread--lay on my back and visualize an object in another room--and I eventually kinda start to feel shakey--almost like I've vibrating or something and in my eyes [which, natuarally are closed] I start to see lights kinda flashing around, kinda like I'm flying up through rings, and my heart starts to beat faster and faster and then it kinda stops for one reason or another. I hear a little buzzing in my ears too.

Now, I know that, most likely, it will take a little while to actually experience the AP, but, is that anything near what's supposed to happen? Or is my mind just playin' a trick on me?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Has anyone had the experience where you're about to fall asleep, and you hear a switch sound, like a light switch being flicked, and then everything going as dark as dark can get? This happened once and I got such a fright, and I woke up and it felt like I was being ripped out of a sleep state. I wonder if something was happening.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by shadowland8]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
So, the last couple of nights while I've been in bed, I've done what I've read in this thread--lay on my back and visualize an object in another room--and I eventually kinda start to feel shakey--almost like I've vibrating or something and in my eyes [which, natuarally are closed] I start to see lights kinda flashing around, kinda like I'm flying up through rings, and my heart starts to beat faster and faster and then it kinda stops for one reason or another. I hear a little buzzing in my ears too.

Now, I know that, most likely, it will take a little while to actually experience the AP, but, is that anything near what's supposed to happen? Or is my mind just playin' a trick on me?

you've reached what's called a "vibration state" and is the step right before projection, you're basically one step away at this point, all you need to do is will yourself to float out of your body, you can do this by trying to roll over without actually rolling over, or trying to sit up without actually sitting up...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Oh that's cool. I'm surprised that I was able to reach that point so quickly--a few nights ago was the first time that I tried. Is there a certain length that this "vibration stage" lasts or that I can prolong it? Each time it's happened, it lasted for about a minute or so. Also, once I try to roll over, will my "eyes" automatically be open and I can see once I leave my body?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Oh that's cool. I'm surprised that I was able to reach that point so quickly--a few nights ago was the first time that I tried. Is there a certain length that this "vibration stage" lasts or that I can prolong it? Each time it's happened, it lasted for about a minute or so. Also, once I try to roll over, will my "eyes" automatically be open and I can see once I leave my body?

It should last a few minutes... you can intensify it by listening to a binaural beat track - the best one i've found is here: www.fakeculture.com... (right click, save as)

Just put it on your Ipod or music phone or whatever you have, make sure you have stereo headphones. It doesn't have to be turned way down either, you should actually have it medium loud to prevent you from falling asleep. Just que it up, then lay on your back and keep telling yourself you're paralyzed. The vibration state will last a few minutes and reach a peak of intensity, it is at this peak that you have the best shot at projecting. The first time you project may likely only last a second or two, simply due to our fear of the unknown, you'll probably be frightened and panic and if you panic you'll come back to your body instantly. So even if that happens and it only lasts a second just keep your head up and keep persisting eventually you'll have OBE's that last longer.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Silent: Thank you for the mp3~! I've been trying to get into this binaural thing for a while now. I have a limited understanding of how it works. I've tried a few tracks but no success using them despite having two OBE's previous. Any tips?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

Silent: Thank you for the mp3~! I've been trying to get into this binaural thing for a while now. I have a limited understanding of how it works. I've tried a few tracks but no success using them despite having two OBE's previous. Any tips?

Most binaural beat tracks are crap - they are loaded with all kinds of extra ambient sound stuff like ocean waves or rainstorm type nature crap - in my opinion all this does is distract from the actual binaural beat part of the track if there even is one at all. The track I linked to is only a binaural beat track and none of that extra added junk. That is, it is a steady pitch in one ear and another steady pitch of a slightly lower frequency in the other ear - which tricks your brain into perceiving there is a beating sound even though there is not one.

The only other tips I can think of - it helps if all your muscles are exhausted, so go for a jog and do some excercises in the evening a couple hours before going to sleep. Be neither hungry nor full, but right in the middle. Lay on your back with your arms at your sides, and i've heard it helps if your head points north. Losing conciousness of the physical world requires sensory deprivation, which basically means keep your eyes closed, be in an environment where there isn't any noise (other than your binaural beat track), don't have anything strong-smelling nearby, and most importantly you'll need deep relaxation of the body. When the vibrations come you'll feel like you're lying on the surface of a wavy sea and waves keep coming making you go up and down, but in addition go through you as well making you feel like you are the surface and you are the medium for these waves, so as one part of your body goes up another part goes down. Like I said before it will reach a peak intensity and if you can catch a big wave of a vibration that is the perfect time to project as it goes through you.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think I may have gotten out of my body the other night. It was kinda weird. Though, I think it was only for a couple of seconds. I hope that I will finally get this down one day!

I was wondering though, since one would have to have their eyes closed while they're trying to project, how does someone know when their out--like, when do you open your "astral eyes"?

I read on another thread too about people just yanking people out of their bodies. Is this possible? Could I, for example, go over to my wife, once I've projected, and pull her out and we could fly around together? If that's possible, someone should come and pull me out so I can see what this is really like!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What's up everyone,

I started this post a while back and have been practicing and practicing. I have gotten to the point where i was vibrating, my ears were buzzing, and I just can't make it out. I feel like I am on the verge. I can get to the vibration stage almost everytime I try, I'm on the verge, I will keep you updated.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I read on another thread too about people just yanking people out of their bodies. Is this possible? Could I, for example, go over to my wife, once I've projected, and pull her out and we could fly around together? If that's possible, someone should come and pull me out so I can see what this is really like!

Interesting you say that.

I had sleep paralysis for the first time not long ago. I'm not 100% sold on the spirit guide idea yet, but a female entity came into my room, through the ceiling and had both her hands on my hand, trying really hard to pull me.

What I think might have been happening was an entity from the astral realm was assisting me in achieving astral projection, because I've been studying it a lot recently.

I may not be right, but this is how it seemed. Good luck with your attempts, I'll follow this thread closely

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Batti2016

Hi Batti.
As a matter of interest. Are you using the binaural beat that Silent Koala suggested and if so, what do you think about it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join