It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims in the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Let me start off by saying I'm not a religous person, never have been and never will. But I'm very interested in religion and I've been studying it for a few years now. I'm not here to mock anyones beliefs as everyone is different and I respect that.

What is surprising me as of late is the way the muslims are now being treated in the UK. They are almost untouchable. Everyone seems to be scared of them. Why is that? We see them on TV nearly everyday stating their beliefs and if anyone argues with them they are labeled a racist?

As far as I'm aware the UK is a Christian state (correct me if I'm wrong) so why does the Queen and Parliment allow this? I'm sure if this was the case a few hundred years ago then there would be a war as it would be treated as an invasion. But now they give muslims a house, cars, phones and money to stay in the UK.

Is there something more sinister going on in the background that we don't know about? maybe they want a big mixed religious community that are fighting each other all the time? Or are they scared of the muslims?

Your thoughts please as none of this makes sense to me?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
They are almost untouchable. Everyone seems to be scared of them.

No-one I know is scared of Muslims, how do you come to the assumption of this??? how are they untouchable? I've seen lots of illegals arrested and deported, just like any other illegals

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
hmm Not sure how to reply to this.. I live nextdoor to a musilm family.. the women wares tradinal stuff but the guy who she is with drives a volvo sport ?:/

Christian state / well technicaly yes but prosident also infact we are abit confused what we are hehe..

muslims or anyone for that matter get attention just like animal rights or whatever..

I think if you give it attention or look to deep into something you will always find a reason to question it when infact most people just get on with there life and couldnt give a hoot what anyone els does aslong as it does not harm them or make life more difficult ect..

Muslims are just the same as everyone els imo "we all have our own ideas and ideals" ect ect

hope that helps,. and im from the uk

im not muslim or have any affilation with any faith also.. "dont tell my mother that tho
"

[edit on 11-3-2009 by theresult]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The government is building a "hate" base for the upcoming revolution, you need a common enemy so they are building one.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Thank you both for your replies

Originally posted by Pockets

No-one I know is scared of Muslims, how do you come to the assumption of this??? how are they untouchable? I've seen lots of illegals arrested and deported, just like any other illegals

People in the UK are scared to say anything about Muslims as they think they'll be labeled racist.

Originally posted by theresult

Muslims are just the same as everyone els imo "we all have our own ideas and ideals" ect ect

Yes I agree with what you are saying in your reply. But I'd like to know what you all think about the people in charge just turning a blind eye to what is going on?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Define "illegals", please

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
The government is building a "hate" base for the upcoming revolution, you need a common enemy so they are building one.

Hello spitefulgod. So are you saying that Muslims are suppose to be hated by Christians? and that Christians should be hated by Muslims? what about the people like me who don't believe in Religion? who am I suppose to "hate"

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Don't you have a brain of your own, you seem to be able to post on this site, maybe you should do a google search for illegal immigrants

Dodge:
I'm not scared to say anything about Muslims, it's just the fact that I don't care what anyone's religious beliefs are along as they don't come to my door and try to convert me to there cult, I believe this should be illegal

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

What is surprising me as of late is the way the muslims are now being treated in the UK. They are almost untouchable. Everyone seems to be scared of them. Why is that? We see them on TV nearly everyday stating their beliefs and if anyone argues with them they are labeled a racist?

1) Given the media in the UK and elsewhere; if the Jesus saga was playing out today the only headlines would be 'Jesus and the prostitute Mary Magdalene'.

2) The Muslim community are proactive, like women’s rights used to be a couple of decades ago.

3) Say anything against them or even just disagree and out come the racist charges, which the media loves and will crucify you without a trial. see point 1

Have a look at the members of Asian Territories and regions then take a look at the BBC Asian Network spot whos missing.

Take a look at the hate for our returning heroes what politian will stood up for the returning heroes and risk to be labelled racist. Guess its a good job they have more courage than thier leaders.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Dodge:
I'm not scared to say anything about Muslims, it's just the fact that I don't care what anyone's religious beliefs are along as they don't come to my door and try to convert me to there cult, I believe this should be illegal

Of course your not afraid to say anything. You've got nothing to lose, nobody knows who you are. But the people who are "supposidly" in charge of this Country and the MP's can't say anything as they are too scared to be labeled a racist and lose their job.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by northerngate

Take a look at the hate for our returning heroes what politian will stood up for the returning heroes and risk to be labelled racist. Guess its a good job they have more courage than thier leaders.

Northerngate. Thank you for your words and the link!

I completely agree with your view on the media
I believe most of this is down to them. But why? that's what I want to know!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Hello spitefulgod. So are you saying that Muslims are suppose to be hated by Christians? and that Christians should be hated by Muslims? what about the people like me who don't believe in Religion? who am I suppose to "hate"

You will hate on the social plane, such as hating the benefit culture and those who survive upon it.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

You've got nothing to lose, nobody knows who you are.

Wrong, the ATS admin know who I am, and they would quite happily give over my details IP address email, I have everything to lose, but I'm not hating so I lose nothing

Fact is you don't know who I am

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Pockets]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod

You will hate on the social plane, such as hating the benefit culture and those who survive upon it.

I can't as most of my friends and some of my family are on benefits.

Thanks to the lovely credit crunch!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
That makes no sens?

Im the same i dont hate anyone or any relegion.. infact im confused by it.

How can i put my faith in something i know nothing about?

I guess the only thing i can say that i find correct is thall sha not judge.

how can i say someone is wrong for what they think? do i have that right? i dont think so, i dont want someone to tell me what i feel inside is wrong.. would be abit sad really..

as long as no one bothers me and what i think and tries not to convert me "brainwash me"

all is good in my little world

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DodgeG1

It seems you are the one who has something to fear here? I dont understand what your point is?

Do muslims scare you? what is it that You feel you cant say?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

You've got nothing to lose, nobody knows who you are.

Wrong, the ATS admin know who I am, and they would quite happily give over my details IP address email, I have everything to lose, but I'm not hating so I lose nothing

Fact is you don't know who I am

Your right I don't know who you are, just like you don't know who I am
Difference is, you could have the power to change things. But all you are doing is hiding behind a screen. Still saying you are not scared?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
reply to post by DodgeG1

It seems you are the one who has something to fear here? I dont understand what your point is?

Do muslims scare you? what is it that You feel you cant say?

No no no, your misunderstanding me here. I'm asking why the people at the top (The Queen, PM's etc...) can't say anything about Muslims. Are they scared of them? Is there something going on that we don't know about?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DodgeG1

Change what? what do you want, do you want me to go out and hate on Muslims?

Lines

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DodgeG1

what is your argument then? I mean iv read the thread and your posts but you aint really said what the problem is?

Being mixed race myself, its easy to spot someone who is not sure how to treat a person, I use to afew times with my white friend moms and dads, they would just be polite and smile. worst kind of rascists
but in a way it was a good thing because there kid didnt see what i did because he wasnt..

thats kinda how you sound, if im wrong feel free to correct me but it seems you have some kinda grudge against muslims in genreal or have some very missguided interpitation of them "and i use them" as a term beause its a label one puts on someone befor you see them as a person.

understand? Im a person befor im black, im a person befor im female im a person befor anything you wish to class me as..

The problem you have and many others is that you put a lable befor the person.?

if someone is doing something i do not like as a person, i will state very clear i do not like it regardless of the next lable you wish to stick on them.

Hope that helps end this thread..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join