It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo near asteroid 2009 !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

But I have to say against this. It is not easy to judge from movement any intelligibility. In fact, I always thought, human air science will have a huge leap when they could imitate the flexibility,manevour capacity of a flying insect. Especially there is one kind of flying insect which change its manevour in very limited space incredibly.
Of course I have no idea about this video, but when we consider flying, insects are muc much more intelligent than our dumb Boeings

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
[edit on 8-3-2009 by Learhoag]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that, it shoots me down also in a sort-of way. I've never seen a "UFO" in deep space, only near and over the Moon. I may have to rethink my opinion about UFOs and deep space.

Originally posted by hande
I found this video from

Ufoblogger

UFO videotaped Near Asteroid 2009 DD 45 By Lunar Explorer Italia

Awesome footage.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
reply to post by Kandinsky

But I have to say against this. It is not easy to judge from movement any intelligibility. In fact, I always thought, human air science will have a huge leap when they could imitate the flexibility,manevour capacity of a flying insect. Especially there is one kind of flying insect which change its manevour in very limited space incredibly.
Of course I have no idea about this video, but when we consider flying, insects are muc much more intelligent than our dumb Boeings

Hiya Deccal, I like the new avatar

I'd disagree that insects are more intelligent than Boeings. They may be better designed and more efficient, but not more intelligent. The object in the video is supposedly in space. Why would it adapt a random flight path? Allowing for the time lapse and the speed of the asteroid, the object would be making course alterations of many miles. Our airplanes rarely collide in mid-air due to safeguards in technology and when flight paths occasionally are in error the pilot makes a gentle alteration to avoid collision.

The manoeuvrings of that object don't reflect a measured response to an unexpected event. Are we to imagine that an intelligent designer overlooked the need for a form of radar? Maybe it's the alien version of Han Solo piloting the Millennium Falcon by sight alone?

I've no idea what we are looking at in the OP video, but for the irrational movements I can't believe it's an intelligent craft. I owe you one of these...

(PS I look forward to your next thread. Griefswald was interesting
)

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I don't know how deep in space the event occurred but it sure wasn't near Earth. IOW, only a telescope could have seen it and not naked eyes. So you can't call ice crystals, space junk, meteorites "rational explanations"! Irrational is more like it!

Originally posted by altered_states
reply to post by hande

nice find
I always love these types of footage as they are always hard to debunk, there are a few rational explanations like peacejet stated also ice crystals, space junk, meteorites etc who knows
s&fmatey

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If you really think that it is an "insect" your brain needs a tune-up.

Originally posted by Phage
Here is the original gif of from the observatory.

I think the UFO is an insect. Yes, insects can be seen in telescopes.

Nocturnal insect activity was observed through telescopes focused on the moon
www.jstor.org...

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Enough of this "insect" b.s.! The telescope is focused short of infinity so anything closer than what it is focused on will be almost invisible.

Have you ever taken a photo at the zoo or a lion or tiger or any caged animal and you have to shoot from a distance, even up to the bars, and you have to include the bars and the animal is at the rear of the cage, how the bars will become "transparent"?

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Phage

I didn't notice the time lapse bit, so this makes the objects quick maneuver, not so quick now

If it was an insect is it possible it was crawling on the lens? Would it even show up on the lens?

I just don't see an insect flying around in such a small area and staying in the shot for a good 5 - 10 minutes (rough guesstimate), although it is possible.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have to say WOW...something I can honestly say is interesting. It gets out of the way of this comet...now that is remarkable. If it was an insect...and this is time lapse..it is a slow insect , whatever this is it not an insect.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by riggs2099]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This was covered in the '50s or '60s by Trevor J. Constable, complete with photos (infra-red).

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by hotbakedtater

While I think the idea is that the insect, if there is one, is in Earth's atmosphere, I am of the opinion that space itself is likely swarming with life.

Like our oceans.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
A UFO, by definition is an unidentified flying object. This is not on the lens so is somewhere between the optical and the asteroid, so flying.

The time index is an excellent point. If a high altitude or orbiting "alien, military, corporate" platform it could be changing position for reasons even speculation could not parse.

Higher resolution would likely not help. Should be checked, but the distances would not either make object discernible or reveal its nature.

It is a UFO however until explained.

ZG

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, based on the focus to infinity of the telescope and the time lapse, this no longer seems to be an insect and therefore its unexplainable, and very interesting.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
holy smoke. i saw an object like this UFO just the other week here in new zealand. it moved exactly the same as this!!!

i told my wife about it and tried to explain that it moved like the lines on a oscilloscope, you know, like in u shapes.

this was the SAME!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

I don't think the thing could POSSIBLY be on the lens itself. It wouldn't appear as a white light if it were.

I'm also skeptical that if it were an insect that it would shine like that. The more I think about it the more confident I am becoming that it would look like a dark spot, if anything at all.

If it were a craft of some sort, it becomes hard to explain the flight pattern... Unless it were riding some sort of wave that was being disturbed by the asteroid. It kinda looks like something floating in water, the way it moves.

I don't know, it is a tough one and as I said before, there is no way on Earth of knowing what that thing actually is. It is a UFO.

I still liked the insect theory though. Makes for a nice mental exercise.

Edit to clarify - I agree with you.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Here is a good experiment for those with a camera having a telephoto capability.

Place (very carefully) a tiny spec of anything on the lens. Dust or any inert material.

Point this at a white or any continuous colored wall or ceiling. Blue sky is OK too. Now slowly zoom in or out and see if you see anything.

This is the best way of experiencing the focal aspects of dust and foreign material on a lens. You will likely find you cannot see the speck.

A few years ago, a major photography magazine ran an article by an optics person that noted that a dirty lens will not degrade an image by much, do to this very effect, or lack of effect.

Your own test will explain best. First however, look through your viewfinder (if an SLR) and note if your lens surface is clear. You might see it is not so clean and has normal airborne dust attached by static or other means, but cannot tell by your images. Your focal length is too long to see anything on your lense.

Dust on your CCD inside the camera or the shutter mirror in an SLR is more a problem. Also, if you have a long lens like a professional telephoto, if damaged accidentally submerged in dirt or water, it can sometimes introduce material between the many lenses it is made with and can actually, due to its location in a group of lenses, particles can actually degrade or otherwise be seen in photos and through the viewfinder.

The observatory would not have this type of problem, and bugs have been accounted for in modern astronomy for decades so are not an issue really.

ZG

[edit on 3/8/2009 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I knew that the name of the astronomer was familiar, here is where I have seen that name before.

There was even a thread about it here on ATS, this one.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Good catch ArMap! I remember that thread.

This latest UFO of his has a similar feel as the previous one.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That object changed direction four times, now that is not a rock crusin though the universe. Those are quick directional changes too so that tell me there is some intelligence involved here.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Well, based on the focus to infinity of the telescope and the time lapse, this no longer seems to be an insect and therefore its unexplainable, and very interesting.

Yeah 21 minutes elapsed into this tape and the insect moves only inches. No insect I know stays put for long.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

It turns out the movement isn't very quick.
It is time-elapsed video.

Although, depending on how far out it is (if it is in space at all), it could still be moving pretty quickly.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

quick to say the least. Think about that speed to move that much even if it was super duper time delayed wouldn't you say. It could be a wild guess at what distance it moved from our perspective.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join