It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo near asteroid 2009 !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It is not an insect.
It seems that the object recognize the asteroid and make a manevour for self defense. If this is not a fake video it is fantastic.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1
the space on the vid we can see in fact in 2D. what is the chance that the object and asteroid are on the same way? almost zero.

if they would be on the same path than the object would have a enormous size.
this can not (ok, everything is possible but it is very doubtful) be any flying craft I can imagine.

but the whole vid is pretty interesting anyway (if not faken). cheers

Your right maybe it can't be any spacecraft that YOU can imagine. Probably because you imagination isn't that creative. But It looks like a craft that maybe we could imagine.

And also. Why couldn't you imagine it?

People need to realize that what ever technology they are comfortable and with and knowledgeable about is probabaly nothing compared to what is on these crafts.

Imagine having builder, blacksmith, or stone mason try to build a car now . They coulnd't be able to comprehend how to put it together because they wouldnt know how these parts work or how parts react with eachother or how the desing is supposed to be.

It would be like those guys saying I can't imagine a craft like that working. and then we show them the millions of cars we use every day like it's nothing and THEY'RE whole world just gets turned upside down and their mind blown.

Think about it like that when you try to judge if a craft is real.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Start downloading and saving your data. You-Tube just deleted and made unavaillible the original DD45 video from Cranberra. It is "No longer availible."

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Redhead6971

This one?

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
at first i would have said insect or spec on lense whatever but after watching it a couple of times i realised that this thing travels a long a set course then moves but heres where you can throw out any other explanation because it instantly moves straight back on the path it was taking just like plane moving out the way of an obstruction then goes back on its flight plan!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No, this is another video.
Second line: it is not an insect

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

The reply was in response to the statement about video from Canberra being removed from youtube (it has not been), not the animated GIF from Columbia, which is the topic of this thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tofu9

Actually, it is moving toward 1:00 at the beginning, then 10:00 clock before the asteroid passes over, then goes back to 1:00 then changes to 9:00 at the end. Looks pretty random.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm all for conspiracy theories and UFO's and the like but i highly doubt this probves much. im sorry i dont agree

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm almost afraid to post this, but I think Phage's possible insect explanation makes more sense.

There are a number of indications that it isn't an intelligent craft. It's movement is erratic to say the least. If intelligent, it reminds me more of a tired or DUI driver making a rash maneuver and then overcompensating to get back on course. It seems unlikely that an intelligently guided craft would be subject to a WTF moment when an asteroid's trajectory coincides with its own course.

Our aircraft rarely encounter such events and shuttle missions take great care to know exactly what is flying around in their immediate vicinity. It seems inevitable that any advanced spacefaring intelligence would have systems in place to rule out the equivalent of swerving to miss an obstacle.

'Insect' is probably unheard of as an explanation for a UFO. More unlikely than swamp gas and Venus combined. Nevertheless, I'm almost embarrassed to accept insect as most likely explanation

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
No matter what size this object is, nor how far away, it's the motion it makes that is absolutely mind boggling.

Try to imagine what speed it was going. 20 miles per hour, 200 miles per hour, 4000 miles per hour, 31,000 miles per hour? It doesn't matter. What does matter is the sudden reversals of direction (or even the rapid changes in angular momentum) that it makes. This is impossible in the world of physics as we know it. At least it's impossible for any living thing to survive the G-forces these types of motions would create.

If there is any living thing on board that UFO (or whatever it is), then it is not affected by inertia. In other words it (craft and occupants) would have to be capable of either having no mass, or be able to 'turn off' the effects of inertia. These kinds of movements are just incredible and quite simply are not possible in the world of physics we understand.

Imagine driving in your car and hitting a concrete barrier at 20 miles per hour. Now try to imagine hitting it at 20 miles per hour and bouncing off it at another 20 miles per hour. Your face is probably smashed pretty well by now. Imagine doing that at the speeds this object is traveling. Obviously, mankind has a lot to learn.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So are you expecting NASA or the Military or the DOD or the Navy War Dept. to give you the nod on what this is? Good luck. Its a UFo, one of millions in our solar system that they will most likely never admit to.

One day while walking in the woods I saw an energy signature, a rainbow effect over a small hill. A few minutes later I walked up on an Alien doing some scientific research on a nearby creek.

But then who would believe me? And yes I did talk tot eh alien, no fear.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by antar]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Very interesting imaging.

I doubt it is an insect for a few reasons, but if anyone can get more information in English about the observatory, geographic location and compliment of optical imaging being utilized it could be more interesting.

Usually observatories, especially European are at fairly high altitudes. Insects are rarer there, and while not impossible, are unlikely. Could be "in" the optics assembly inside the facility, but that is close to impossible due to astronomers and engineering designed systems that naturally keep such from spoiling millions of dollars of optics imaging quality. Low probability then.

Also, the focal length needed to acquire sharp images of a "bug" at such short distances from the lenses would not show such a sharp object, if even a static point.

This is likely at high altitude, affording a place in the focal length where many such objects are seen by NASA looking down and laterally from orbital missions.

There is no indication this is anywhere near the target object. I would hazard a guess it is a UFO in high altitude that happened to be in frame while imaging.

Good find. In the reference library. Thanks, Keeping an ear to the rail.

ZG

[edit on 3/8/2009 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
So are you expecting NASA or the Military or the DOD or the Navy War Dept. to give you the nod on what this is? Good luck. Its a UFo, one of millions in our solar system that they will most likely never admit to.

One day while walking in the woods I saw an energy signature, a rainbow effect over a small hill. A few minutes later I walked up on an Alien doing some scientific research on a nearby creek.

But then who would believe me? And yes I did talk tot eh alien, no fear.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by antar]

I would love to hear your story. I can believe such. U2U me. I investigate such events, and have an image to show you to see if this energy event is similar to something on record.

Another thread for this however, not on topic.

As we where,

ZG

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
How can anyone take anything seriously on Youtube. Just how gullible are you? Unless you can get hold of the original footage, then there's no way of knowing whether it's been doctored or not, which in this day and age isn't difficult to do.

Looks fake to me.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Interesting animation. Some observations:

As already noted, the animation is sped-up about 171 times from real-time. Too see things as they really happened you would need to have 34 seconds between the frames of the animation. The UFO movement doesn't seem so impressive knowing this.

The individual images compromising the animation are long exposures. That is why the asteroid appears as a small streak in each image as it moves across the field of view.

Now, if there really was something "out there" reacting to the asteroid it would also leave a streak as it moved during the exposure.

I don't know what that thing is but the fact that the "UFO" does not move during the exposure tells me that it's not flying and more likely some artifact generated by the equipment.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
How can anyone take anything seriously on Youtube. Just how gullible are you? Unless you can get hold of the original footage, then there's no way of knowing whether it's been doctored or not, which in this day and age isn't difficult to do.

Looks fake to me.

It's just a closeup of this multiple image gif: www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Unless its relative motion is quite a bit less than that of the asteroid, such that it doesn't streak in the single frame. It's a good point that demonstrates that the object would have to be much closer to the camera than the asteroid is.

I have my doubts about an artifact though. There are other specks that appear and disappear but don't exhibit the continuous motion (or illusion of motion) that the object does.

Some of the specks do appear in one frame and seem to jump to another location in the next (no way to tell if it's the same speck though). Maybe insects (or whatever) closer to the camera so the apparent motion is greater but still slow enough not to streak in the frame?

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

well, I do not have a big problems with imagination (I live from it) but I just do realize the scale, speed, light, I add third dimension and it all looks totally silly to take the object as any kind of craft. there are much better explanations for it (I am not going to repeat them cause some posters has done a good job on it already).

but of course you have right to belive what you want.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

thats look like a piece of rock in the space, kinda shape like an egg...an Unidentified Flying Object? nah

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join