It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo near asteroid 2009 !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
CzaCza,

Why is it that you only give two possibilities.
Surely you understand what a false dichotomy is.

It is either a) an insect or b) fake?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
excellent video, definitely an intelligent thing moving about.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In this case I actually agree with Phage, and think it does look very similar to an insect's movements. Gave me the creepy crawlies too!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So now lets see, swamp gas , balloons , light anomalies, hoaxs, japanese lanterns, and now... insects,

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I didn't notice the time lapse bit, so this makes the objects quick maneuver, not so quick now

If it was an insect is it possible it was crawling on the lens? Would it even show up on the lens?

I just don't see an insect flying around in such a small area and staying in the shot for a good 5 - 10 minutes (rough guesstimate), although it is possible.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by branty

I think Phage's explanation is plausible here.
I haven't been able to find any video of insects in telescopes yet, though.

So, I'm on the fence on this one.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Interesting. I wonder if space is not plagued with some kind of space insect, like earth is!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

While I think the idea is that the insect, if there is one, is in Earth's atmosphere, I am of the opinion that space itself is likely swarming with life.

Like our oceans.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have small cheap telescope. I put finger on lens. I did not see finger, only landscape. Why that "insect" look like a star, white dot? Maybe it should be black shadow etc.?

Insect-theory is interesting but there is no proof?

When I took videos (webcam + telescope), webcam sensor was sometimes dirty and there was black dots on video. Not bright objects.

Here is one good example, dirty sensor.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

RF BURNS: Good to see ya hear mate. Sorry for getting riled up on the other thread. Come here and give us a big hug, ya big lug

No worries friend. We are all in this ride together so when the boat rocks we all go back and forth and ride the same wild waves!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Phage

I just don't see an insect flying around in such a small area and staying in the shot for a good 5 - 10 minutes (rough guesstimate), although it is possible.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

I've had the same mosquito buzz around my ear for what seemed like hours.

I'm not convinced it's an insect but depending on the width of the field, it's not necessarily a very small area.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
We'll probably die without knowing the answer. When top level scientists will talk seriously about space travel beyond the solar system, maybe the little greys in their ufos will come forward and let us know they've been watching us for centuries.
Only our grand-grand-grand children will have the opportunity to find out. If we don't nuke ourselves before that of course

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Depending on how high up the insect is, the insect could be moving over a considerable distance and it would appear to be moving in very small circles, or whatever.

I don't think there is any way of figuring out what that is.

I would still like to see a video though to determine what these insects look like when they are caught in the field of the telescope's view. I would tend to think that they wouldn't light up. More like dark blobs, like a previous poster mentioned.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ha! Me too, best bet is to let it land then go in for the kill.

back on topic, since it could be further away, maybe it's a bird?

The article you posted mentions birds coming into the field of view as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Oh , isnt it one of those chinese lanterns? You know the ones! The ones that move out of the way when something approaches , passes , then goes back on its course .... Probably a lil bit of wind or gas, maybe swamp gas?? Willow the wisp??

That object moved intelligently! Why ? well i dont know .. is that definately an asteroid on the straight course ? or something else .

Quite interesting tho , very nice find

Regards
Git

[edit on 8-3-2009 by completenuttergit]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Here is the original gif of from the observatory.

I think the UFO is an insect. Yes, insects can be seen in telescopes.

Nocturnal insect activity was observed through telescopes focused on the moon
www.jstor.org...

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Phage]

Phage, oh Skeptical one. I'm curious, what is your stance on the existence of life other than ours, other than this dismal planet? Skepticism is healthy but are you an advocate of disclosure or an opponent? I know in the past you have said things such as "this hurts the name of ufology" or something of the like. This being the case, then you must be a believer...or not?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I am quite sure there is life elsewhere. I am open to the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere.

I am skeptical about UFO's being evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence (or life).

One does not have to accept the extraterrestrial hypothesis to recognize bad research.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Here is the original gif of from the observatory.

I think the UFO is an insect. Yes, insects can be seen in telescopes.

Nocturnal insect activity was observed through telescopes focused on the moon
www.jstor.org...

thx Phage - I always enjoy your perspective, you help keep us honest. When I looked at the vid I said way cool - et! but your explanation is good and plants my feet back on the ground.
We need honest debunking to keep the hunt alive.
Insect maybe...Et - I dont know. To bad we dont yet have more views of this from different telescopes.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1
the space on the vid we can see in fact in 2D. what is the chance that the object and asteroid are on the same way? almost zero.

if they would be on the same path than the object would have a enormous size.
this can not (ok, everything is possible but it is very doubtful) be any flying craft I can imagine.

but the whole vid is pretty interesting anyway (if not faken). cheers

Don't let a 3D environment cloud the judgement

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I, for one, have experienced ufos in a way that makes them very much evidence of extraterrestrial life. That aside for a moment, the way this thing looks, its almost like a small worm crawling away.

As to the idea that insects could exist in space. I find this interesting both in terms of a thread about mosquitos surviving space conditions, in containers, but some reference to another creature on that thread about waterbears which may be able to without the container: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then interestedalways 's thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which to me seem to be about a plasma type sighting, that was very interesting.
I could even go so far as to speculate that life does exist in space and in our atmosphere, and has had so many billions of years of evolution (without reset buttons mind you as we have had) that they may have developed intellect, psi abilities, you name it. It just opens up so many possibilities.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join