It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost sitting on top of me while I`m sleeping.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
this has been happening to me for 2 weeks now. it started off as my bed moving at night. it feels like im being rocked by something. so the next day i investigated my bed. (which i've had for 4 years, with no problems until now.)
i noticed it appeared to be breathing. gentle up and down motion. i thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me or something, but then the next night. it felt as if my bed was getting hard then soft then hard then soft, causing my body weight to shift making it feel like im moving at night. at the time, my roommate was away on vacation so i went into his room and it felt even worse. i could literally feel something jumping up and down on the bed next to me. and when i'd put the blanket over my face to try and ignore it and go to sleep, i could feel a source getting closer, then i could legit feel it right up on the blanket next to my face. its kind of like pressure but it almost tingles. this happened for a few hours, of it shifting from sitting on my legs, to sitting on my chest, to rocking me back and forth. the next night, i tried sleeping on my lazyboy recliner in my room, and the movement aspect only got worse. it started out with a gentle rocking, then i'd feel the chair moving behind me. then i could literally feel something sit on my legs which caused the whole chair to rock back and forth. theres no way im imagining this, as i can see the room shift around me as im rocking back and forth (with the lights in the room on) so at some point last week i noticed that my whole house was almost rocking like its a boat or sitting on water. this would not stop so i went to stay with a family member who lived the next city over. it was fine for a little while over there, but after about an hour, i noticed that her house was too, moving. when she had got home after a night of drinking, at like 1am, she said she kind of felt it too, but the next morning she told me shes not sure if she really felt it or was just messed up and thought she felt it because of how much i was talking about it.
so all week my bed has been rocking and getting firm then soft. finally fed up and wanting no more than a full nights sleep, last night i noticed that my roommate had fallen alseep on the big couch in our finished basement so i decided to give it a shot and go lay down on the love seat in our basement. instantly when i laid down i felt it rock me, this is the strangest sensation, i legit feel something pull the couch back, i can only connect it to your mother pushing you on a swing as a child. i feel it rock a little, then i feel something grab onto the couch, lift it backward and then push it forward, and it will go back and forth maybe 3 or 4 times, and then i'll feel something grab onto it again and lift it back for a few seconds, then push it forward again. in my head i was pleading with it to stop, (my mom passed away last november and i asked her for a sign to know that shes ok, maybe a month or so ago) after asking it to stop, i felt it get onto the side of the couch and kind of come up close to the blanket that was once again over my head, it felt like it was licking me and i felt some sort of buzzing almost like a cat purrr as this was happening. then it would sit on my chest and just keep pushing off the walll to rock the couch all night long. at one point i heard my roommate get up to go to the bathroom, and i was praying to god i'd hear him comment on the couch moving or something but he didnt say a thing, and it was definitely rocking at the time, as i was wide awake laying with my eyes closed praying that this entity would think i'd fallen asleep but i was just laying there. im sorry for this wall of text but i registered on this site last weekend after lurking for years and it said i couldnt make a thread until i had 20 posts. so i got really excited when i saw this thread. i do have a long lengthwise mirror in my room, not facing my bed, but still in my bedroom. should i remove it? im definitely gonna now. i need some sort of relief. i just started a new job on halloween and my life is finally going well, then something like this happens and ruins my sleep schedule and now i feel like if this continues im gonna have to quit my job and i just rreally need advice without someone telling me im insane. thanks ats

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Succubus and Incubus
Google them I think that's what you're referring to.
Supposedly they sit on your chest and do that.
and aahhmm other things

[edit on 6-3-2009 by SLAYER69]
Incubuss and sucubus are both stories/myths that are a result of the effects of sleep paralysis in times when medical conditions like these couldnt not be properly understood/treated or examined.

Or simply said the capability to recognise the condition lacked.

Strong vivid hallucinations being one of the symptoms.

symptoms of sleep paralysis have been described in many ways and often attributed to an "evil" presence: unseen night demons in ancient times, the old hag in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, and alien abductors. Almost every culture throughout history has had stories of shadowy evil creatures that terrify helpless humans at night. People have long sought explanations for this mysterious sleep-time paralysis and the accompanying feelings of terror.

edit on 17-12-2011 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
also, i do have an HD webcam and have been taking random videos of stuff in my house 'breathing' 'swaying' 'rocking' for the last week...And right now i'm filming my lazy boy recliner rock by itself. if you guys want to check out any of these i'll put them on youtube.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
heres a video of my lazy boy recliner rocking by itself. its been doing it for almost a week now.

www.youtube.com...

here are 2 of my desk seemingly rocking floating levitating which i took last friday

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JoeBurden

Wtf dry your videos suck it's just your camera moving

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

I'm not making some scientific argument or anything or even arguing at all just have a funny thought, what if sleep paralysis was actually like demons and ghosts and stuff and scientists just labelled it as something medical because there was no answer for it?

haha and these people were actually having this stuff happen to them.
I dunno the symptoms just sound suspect to me like saying a sympton of this is that you will see ghosts or demons sitting on you etc
Anyway just a random thought

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The experiences here are very common instances of sleep paralysis as has been mentioned - almost a cliche - sorry. Just google it.
I once woke up to see my mother standing at the bedroom door with a strange look on her face. I half sat up in bed and watched as she slowly faded away. If my mother was dead I would have sworn I had seen a ghost but my mother was downstairs in the kitchen.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Put come kind of video camera in your room and record over night and see what you get.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by doodles40
reply to post by Rafe_

I'm not making some scientific argument or anything or even arguing at all just have a funny thought, what if sleep paralysis was actually like demons and ghosts and stuff and scientists just labelled it as something medical because there was no answer for it?

haha and these people were actually having this stuff happen to them.
I dunno the symptoms just sound suspect to me like saying a sympton of this is that you will see ghosts or demons sitting on you etc
Anyway just a random thought

The difference being that sleep paralysis has been medicly observed.So far no reports of actual ghosts and ghouls around the subjects.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeBurden
heres a video of my lazy boy recliner rocking by itself. its been doing it for almost a week now.

www.youtube.com...

here are 2 of my desk seemingly rocking floating levitating which i took last friday

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Yeah gee ,thanks for that

It is posters like you that ruin forums like this ON A MASS SCALE.

EDIT: just noticed that his only posts are these here in this thread so i guess that clears it up.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
i never thought that art class would come in handy ! one of my favorite works....

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
what im experiencing is not sleep paralysis, as it happens when im wide awake. sleep paralysis only happens right before you fall asleep or right after you wake up. if its my camera moving then how come the background of my room doesnt move with it? only the chair? its people like YOU who make people who have actual paranormal experiences like myself not wanna share with a forum full of faux-experts who are self proclaimed paranormal investigators after sitting on ats for 2 months. i'll GLADLY take my experience elsewhere.
edit on 18-12-2011 by JoeBurden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeBurden
what im experiencing is not sleep paralysis, as it happens when im wide awake. sleep paralysis only happens right before you fall asleep or right after you wake up. if its my camera moving then how come the background of my room doesnt move with it? only the chair? its people like YOU who make people who have actual paranormal experiences like myself not wanna share with a forum full of faux-experts who are self proclaimed paranormal investigators after sitting on ats for 2 months. i'll GLADLY take my experience elsewhere.
edit on 18-12-2011 by JoeBurden because: (no reason given)

Who said any comment about sleep paralysis had any bearing on you ? It doesnt,you just randomly posted some BS video's.

I dont need no expert to tell what your videos are,doodles saw them and his comments on it was quite clear to say the least and im sure others had a peak at them

You see in one of your videos the camera was once again moving and we could see your shadow and hear you on the vid,

.In not 1 of the videos did anything move but your camera

.The rock levitation video was the one that showed your shadow while moving the camera

You keep somehow claiming that only the chair moves and some rock levitates ,again nothing but the camera moving,what do you take us for?

edit on 18-12-2011 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hello,

you might want to google "Old Hag", sleep paralysis and as the others already mentioned succubi and incubi..

BUT...here comes the odd part: I have never heard that *another* person would see them when it happens to another person - this makes this story VERY odd!

How can you explain another person seeing the "demon" (or whatever it is)?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Totally agree dude
Hardout Joe burden you're killing a legit good thread with your bullcrap videos just give it up man

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
rock levetating? clearly you had no idea what you were looking at, but yet felt the need to give your 'expert assumption' that 'rock' was my wall. either way, i have had a handful of people come over this weekend and witness this themselves, and a paranormal team from my city is coming to investigate this week. so go back to disproving legit threads and thinking up awesome handles such as doodles42 and such. this is my last time posting here, have a super evening ladies.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Hello,

you might want to google "Old Hag", sleep paralysis and as the others already mentioned succubi and incubi..

BUT...here comes the odd part: I have never heard that *another* person would see them when it happens to another person - this makes this story VERY odd!

How can you explain another person seeing the "demon" (or whatever it is)?

You have it slightly mixed up here mate

If you read the OP again you will see it is the OP's girlfriend that sees something sitting on top of him in one example.Hence SHE is the one with the paralysis,not the OP himself.

The old hag ,succubi are just examples and actually more conform to a certain timeframe quite a long time ago.The brains fear impulse gets stimulated and that could trigger anything to as diverse as scary childhood story or the trauma of losing a loved one somewhere in ones live.

It is afteral a dreamstate but lucid and very vivid and dreams can be very random.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by doodles40
reply to post by Rafe_

Totally agree dude
Hardout Joe burden you're killing a legit good thread with your bullcrap videos just give it up man

Yeah , we have viewed his videos ,seen exactly what we seen and described in the thread yet he keeps pushing that that was not what was in the vids

btw he retracted the videos

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
i'd love to hear you guys' advice on how to record things in my room moving between 1/4th to 1/2 of an inch CONSTANTLY, without people claiming its my camera moving? not exactly sure how a camera moves in a constant rocking motion either.. but you two are the experts, not me. if you were really interested in the paranormal you'd help me capture something on video, instead of being condescending assholes for no reason whatsoever.
edit on 20-12-2011 by JoeBurden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetalker
Sorry people. No video here.
Yet.. I gotta get some clearance here.

This morning, my fiancee told me about something that happened during the night, and had left an impression on her.

She told me that she woke up at some time during the night, and rolled over to face me. At that point, she briefly opened her eyes to look at her gorgeous fiancee. That being me..

When she did, she saw a older looking man wearing glasses, with a thick beard, sitting on top of me. ..This scared her, so she closed her eyes. Made a little prayer, and thought to herself that she probably was still in a dreamy state. She shook it off, and opened her eyes again to double check.

And the man was still sitting on top of me.

As for what she did, if it scared her, did she freak out, why didnt she wake me up etc. etc. I don`t know. She briefly mentioned it when we both had woke up, but shooked it off, like she didn`t want to come off as crazy.

I can`t say i instantly took it serious. But she had an expression on her face when she told me, which makes me think there actually might be something to it. That, and..

A couple of months ago she awoke to find a old lady standing in the entrance to our bedroom. The next morning she told me about the old lady. Then we laughed about it. Like "boo. the old lady is coming to get you.." Almost in the same "reassuring, ghosts do not exist, and she must have been dreaming" like earlier today.

The fact is, that behind me, which would be the direction she would be facing to se the man, there is a all white wall. Nothing else. no picture. no clock. not even any pattern in the wall, like tapestry or whatnot.
-Hardly the best scenario for a pareidolia case.
-The same with it being a dream. Since she told me she was awake, I have to believe that.

Now. I`m not scared, because of this. I`m curious as what it might be, if it in fact IS something to begin with.

allthough, i dont cherish the idea of having a old dude riding piggy back on me while i`m sleeping.

I have since childhood been fascinated with the idea of ghosts and in general the paranormal, so I am familiar with a lot of the "myths/facts" stated when it comes to ghosts.

One, being that they feed of.. energy.
Which makes me curious, if he boosts himself while I`m sleeping, leaving me tired and cranky in the mornings.
this and hundreds of other questions are swirrling in a "what if" -state in my head at this point.

I really dont have a good reason for posting this.
I find it curious, to put it mildy.

Maybe someone has heard of/experienced something similar, and can give a heads up, some advice or a explaination as to what my fiancee saw.

BTW. I know i use a metric tonne more commas than i should. But you people dont care about that. You have better things to care about.

i am so ready to tape a night of me sleeping, just for kicks. But with my crappy 4MPX digital camcorder, with a gig of memory, i dont think the video quality would be the best if it were to film a whole night.

Anyways. thanks for your time.

either it could be all of that stuff you were posting ..... OR you have been subject to simple sleep paralysis while your wife was subject to narcotics ? no offense ... jus sayin

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join